• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Continental Op
13 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

All this “pish” that I am “banging on about” is simply asking for information that anyone trying to sell independence should be able to answer. It’s information that you and the Yes Campaign should have had to hand BEFORE you launched into an expensive and divisive referendum. Instead, we had a campaign built almost entirely on the flimsy foundations of Greed and Grievance. 

That lack of clarity on the “how” is part of what lost your only chance of attaining your dream. Shame that. 

Losing your sh-1-t because you have no answers should be telling you something but I fear not. 

Just like the leave campaign did before the EU referendum.

Thunderstruck
20 minutes ago, The Continental Op said:

Just like the leave campaign did before the EU referendum.

If you had read earlier posts, you will have seen that I don’t disagree but... two wrongs don’t make a right. 

56 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

Polls show that the majority of voters would happily pay more tax to have the NHS properly funded ( my view is that the NHS is a bottomless pit and we need major reform in this country) So in the short term extra taxes will be required. Any Brexit dividend will not materialise until we are completely free from paying Brexit membership fees, 2021 at the earliest. Such seethe for the Tory party, you need to chill.    

Polls probably show that if the super rich & the multinationals actually paid their taxes instead of avoiding them & then hiding billions off-shore then we would have an abundance of cash to quite an embarrassing degree. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

If you had read earlier posts, you will have seen that I don’t disagree but... two wrongs don’t make a right. 

If anything it just makes it twice as wrong - we should be looking at the Brexit mess (both what's happening now in the negotiations etc. and the earlier referendum campaign) and saying lets make sure we don't make the same mistakes again.

Thunderstruck
3 minutes ago, Doogz said:

If anything it just makes it twice as wrong - we should be looking at the Brexit mess (both what's happening now in the negotiations etc. and the earlier referendum campaign) and saying lets make sure we don't make the same mistakes again.

I doubt we will ever see another referendum. They are now utterly pointless given the unwillingness of “losing” parties to accept outcomes. 

2 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

I doubt we will ever see another referendum. They are now utterly pointless given the unwillingness of “losing” parties to accept outcomes. 

Aye. Folk wont ever admit they were wrong. 

Truth is they were duped and lied to during the campaign. Then they gave the foreign secretary job to the biggest EU sceptic and leave campaigner in Boris. You couldnt make it up!

Another EU referendum today would be a landslide vote for remain IMO. 

jambo lodge
37 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Polls probably show that if the super rich & the multinationals actually paid their taxes instead of avoiding them & then hiding billions off-shore then we would have an abundance of cash to quite an embarrassing degree. 

Don't disagree with that, strange that the Tories have done more to close tax loopholes than Labour or anyone else has ever done?

Thunderstruck
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aye. Folk wont ever admit they were wrong. 

Truth is they were duped and lied to during the campaign. Then they gave the foreign secretary job to the biggest EU sceptic and leave campaigner in Boris. You couldnt make it up!

Another EU referendum today would be a landslide vote for remain IMO. 

“Folk won’t ever admit they were wrong”. 

There we have it, we will keep having referendums until folk get it right. Is that your view of democracy?

4 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

“Folk won’t ever admit they were wrong”. 

There we have it, we will keep having referendums until folk get it right. Is that your view of democracy?

IMO if its proven that folk were completely lied to in the campaign then yes, it should be re-done. Why is outright lies and misinformation now acceptable? If they were imprisoned for lying it would stop quick enough. 

sick of the bullshit. 

Thunderstruck
15 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

IMO if its proven that folk were completely lied to in the campaign then yes, it should be re-done. Why is outright lies and misinformation now acceptable? If they were imprisoned for lying it would stop quick enough. 

sick of the bullshit. 

Where were the lies in the Scottish Referendum? The White Paper? Kuwait-like oil wealth?

Nicola Sturgeon in Daily Record 24/03/2013

‘And yes we have oil and gas in abundance. And I’ll let you into a wee secret – having oil and gas reserves worth £1.5 trillion is not really a problem. It’s not the sum total of our economy, but it’s a massive advantage that other countries would give their eye and teeth for. And it’s high time Scotland started getting the benefit of it.

Where were the lies in the Scottish Referendum? The White Paper? Kuwait-like oil wealth?

Nicola Sturgeon in Daily Record 24/03/2013

So if I understand you correctly, you think we have never had or dont have the potential to have £Trillions of pounds worth of oil & gas in our waters both discovered and yet to be found. 

Are you saying theres hardly any oil & gas in Scottish waters?

Thunderstruck
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So if I understand you correctly, you think we have never had or dont have the potential to have £Trillions of pounds worth of oil & gas in our waters both discovered and yet to be found. 

Are you saying theres hardly any oil & gas in Scottish waters?

There isn’t that amount of REVENUE to be had from oil and gas. It is Revenue (tax and royalties) that flow to the public purse. 

The calculation was estimate of total reservoir capacities x spot price and ignoring the cost of extraction and the operators’ margins. 

It was a lie. 

46 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

There isn’t that amount of REVENUE to be had from oil and gas. It is Revenue (tax and royalties) that flow to the public purse. 

The calculation was estimate of total reservoir capacities x spot price and ignoring the cost of extraction and the operators’ margins. 

It was a lie. 

How do you know this? You aware of every yet to be discovered drop of oil in the waters around Scotland? There may be another 50 years + of oil & gas left out there. 

Theres less than 20 years oil left. That was a lie. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

Thunderstruck
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

How do you know this? You aware of every yet to be discovered drop of oil in the waters around Scotland? There may be another 50 years + of oil & gas left out there. 

This is where you go wrong - everything is questioned but you have no intention of doing any research and putting forward an alternative thesis. 

If you had paid attention, you would have seen the oil claims debunked many times. Even Salmond now refuses to answer questions on his and Sturgeon’s claims. 

It’s all just “Britnat Bulls**t” with you isn’t it? No doubt you take everything from the SNP/Indy side of the equation without question. If so, fine but don’t expect to be taken seriously. 

Just now, Thunderstruck said:

This is where you go wrong - everything is questioned but you have no intention of doing any research and putting forward an alternative thesis. 

If you had paid attention, you would have seen the oil claims debunked many times. Even Salmond now refuses to answer questions on his and Sturgeon’s claims. 

It’s all just “Britnat Bulls**t” with you isn’t it? No doubt you take everything from the SNP/Indy side of the equation without question. If so, fine but don’t expect to be taken seriously. 

Tetchy. 

I really couldnt give a monkeys chuff what its worth. Theres billions of barrels left. In any case, the world needs to wean itself off oil dependancy. Its just..it seems to be a negative thing to actually have it in the first place. Only oil rich country in the world that seems to be wealth poor. Who’s fault could that be I wonder?

Not having any oil BS debates anymore either. We have it. Most countries would like it. End. 

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

Suppose you know better than them?

https://oilandgasuk.co.uk/oil-gas-uk-welcomes-multi-billion-pound-north-sea-deals/

Thunderstruck
2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Nothing in there contradicts anything I have said but I suspect that, as usual, you didn’t read before posting. 

If £3.8bn is the value of 7% of the total production of oil and gas, would like to hazard a guess at total value. 

That aside, could you tell us the likely tax and royalty due from up to 20bn barrels of oil. 

I’ll give you your due, you keep on, as you would say, “swinging and missing” but keep coming back for more. 

Space Mackerel

Nothing in there contradicts anything I have said but I suspect that, as usual, you didn’t read before posting. 

If £3.8bn is the value of 7% of the total production of oil and gas, would like to hazard a guess at total value. 

That aside, could you tell us the likely tax and royalty due from up to 20bn barrels of oil. 

I’ll give you your due, you keep on, as you would say, “swinging and missing” but keep coming back for more. 

Why is our oil shite and every other countries is great? :)

Thunderstruck
16 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Why is our oil shite and every other countries is great? :)

In your world does “not worth what grossly inflated claims suggest” always equal “shite”? 

Have you managed to calculate £3.8bn/7% yet?

Space Mackerel
13 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

In your world does “not worth what grossly inflated claims suggest” always equal “shite”? 

Have you managed to calculate £3.8bn/7% yet?

How much oil and gas is left? 

Thunderstruck
13 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Leaked briefing given to John Swinney in March 2013...

North Sea tax receipts have been more volatile than onshore receipts… Given the relative importance of North Sea revenues to Scotland’s public finances, these downward revisions have resulted in a deterioration in the outlook for Scotland’s public finances…. In an independent Scotland this will have important implications for budget setting and estimating public sector borrowing requirements… However, this would, on present assumptions about on-shore tax revenues, require some downward revision in current spending.

Did that stop the exorbitant claims? Of course not but the Faithful lapped it up. 

Space Mackerel

Leaked briefing given to John Swinney in March 2013...

Did that stop the exorbitant claims? Of course not but the Faithful lapped it up. 

Thunderstruck
33 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

What is £3.8bn/7%

the only clue you are getting is that it is not in the £trillions. 

Don’t rush, don’t want you to wear out your fingers. 

45C9350C-77A2-44BB-90AE-0D0F4E5D9E38.gif

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

What is £3.8bn/7%

the only clue you are getting is that it is not in the £trillions. 

Don’t rush, don’t want you to wear out your fingers. 

45C9350C-77A2-44BB-90AE-0D0F4E5D9E38.gif

Thunderstruck
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Never mind counting, you clearly aren't too hot on the reading front. The answer is in a post of mine from earlier this evening. 

After you have found that, you can get back to the hard sums. 

Space Mackerel

Never mind counting, you clearly aren't too hot on the reading front. The answer is in a post of mine from earlier this evening. 

After you have found that, you can get back to the hard sums. 

Ive got Higher maths.

How much oil and gas is left? 

Aw this oil & gas...its worth heehaw!!!

Aw naw. 

Meanwhile, the same oil is worth a fortune only 700 miles to west. 

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aw naw. 

Amazing isn’t it?

Thunderstruck will have an explanation for this no doubt once he’s searched the internet for an answer that slightly fits his “keep the Union Fleg flying high” narrative. 

Thunderstruck
6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aw naw. 

Half way to Iceland. Do you know how deep the ocean floor is there?

Naw. I’ll admit I should have said East :jj_facepalm:

Space Mackerel

How deep do they drill in the Gulf of Mexico?

How much gas and oil is left in the North Sea? 

jambo lodge
13 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

There are always more questions than answers from Spacey.

Space Mackerel
7 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

There are always more questions than answers from Spacey.

Around 300m they can drill to nowadays Lodgey. 

No idea why they invest in new technology as oil is worthless though. They must be mad. 

Thunderstruck
28 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

The Gulf of Mexico v the North Atlantic - where would you rather invest?

Rather than descend to your level, you will find, below, a copy of the earlier post that you failed to read. 

Now, your turn to provide an answer (the question is to be found in the same attachment). Failure to answer will be taken as admission of another “swing and a miss”. 

7A3EBD1A-F873-47A0-9ACB-8558BE907041.jpeg

Space Mackerel
5 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

The Gulf of Mexico v the North Atlantic - where would you rather invest?

Rather than descend to your level, you will find, below, a copy of the earlier post that you failed to read. 

Now, your turn to provide an answer (the question is to be found in the same attachment). Failure to answer will be taken as admission of another “swing and a miss”. 

7A3EBD1A-F873-47A0-9ACB-8558BE907041.jpeg

Could you explain all the other economic attachments to said drilling of 20 billions of oil? 

Take your time. I await your Googled answer of course. 

jambo lodge
25 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

No idea why they invest in new technology as oil is worthless though. They must be mad. 

Dont think anyone has suggested that oil is worthless, far from it. The question is what value in terms of tax take does it bring in.

Thunderstruck
4 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Could you explain all the other economic attachments to said drilling of 20 billions of oil? 

Take your time. I await your Googled answer of course. 

So, a swing and a miss. You’ll. need to stop, you’ll get dizzy. 

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

Dont think anyone has suggested that oil is worthless, far from it. The question is what value in terms of tax take does it bring in.

Thunderstruck has, he thinks our oil is shite. :(

Space Mackerel

So, a swing and a miss. You’ll. need to stop, you’ll get dizzy. 

Could you explain the other economic benefits that the oil industry brings? I’m thinking RnD, inshore engineering, hotels, aviation as well as maybe adding to the domestic dwelling account. 

Thunderstruck
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Could you explain the other economic benefits that the oil industry brings? I’m thinking RnD, inshore engineering, hotels, aviation as well as maybe adding to the domestic dwelling account. 

Similar, do you think, to the downstream benefits of the Royal Navy’s contribution to the Scottish economy. Something that you and your buddies would happily consign to the waste bin for your dream of independence. 

How are you getting with your arithmetic test? If you need some help, just ask. 

Space Mackerel

Similar, do you think, to the downstream benefits of the Royal Navy’s contribution to the Scottish economy. Something that you and your buddies would happily consign to the waste bin for your dream of independence. 

How are you getting with your arithmetic test? If you need some help, just ask. 

Whatever happened in your analysis of the Scottish Navy, be it fishery protection, coast guard and Search and Rescue?

Do they stop and fail to exist? 

Think about this, 2 Royal Navy aircraft carriers built to do what? They’re not a defence weapon platform, they’re an offence platform. A weapons platform for what? For bankers, hedge fund managers and the establishment, and they just made you suckers of tax payers pay £6 billion plus billions on aircraft to go and fight foreign wars and get killed on their behalf. 

Youre a mug Thunderstruck and it all revolves around a wee fleg and your self identity. You need to screw the nut and work out the bigger picture. 

Thunderstruck
15 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Whatever happened in your analysis of the Scottish Navy, be it fishery protection, coast guard and Search and Rescue?

Think about this, 2 Royal Navy aircraft carriers built to do what? They’re not a defence weapon platform, they’re an offence platform. A weapons platform for what? For bankers, hedge fund managers and the establishment, and they just made you suckers of tax payers pay £6 billion plus billions on aircraft to go and fight foreign wars and get killed on their behalf. 

Youre a mug Thunderstruck and it all revolves around a wee fleg and your self identity. You need to screw the nut and work out the bigger picture. 

You have had my view of any potential Scottish Maritime Forces. Will it contribute 15% of Scotland’s industrial output? In your dreams. 

Given the affiliation with our football club, I’m sure you will be interested to read that another milestone is passed as HMS Queen Elizabeth completes her first RAS.

She is a floating testament to British (including Scottish) engineering working together to great effect. 

Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

You have had my view of any potential Scottish Maritime Forces. Will it contribute 15% of Scotland’s industrial output? In your dreams. 

Given the affiliation with our football club, I’m sure you will be interested to read that another milestone is passed as HMS Queen Elizabeth completes her first RAS.

She is a floating testament to British (including Scottish) engineering working together to great effect. 

Check all the super dooper stealth jets on board, so stealthy you can’t even see them. :lol: 

15% of Scottish ouput? 

Have you got a figure on the oil and gas reserves now then at last? :) 

Thunderstruck
2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Check all the super dooper stealth jets on board, so stealthy you can’t even see them. :lol: 

15% of Scottish ouput? 

Have you got a figure on the oil and gas reserves now then at last? :) 

Never heard of post build work-up?

The F-35s - currently being delivered to Marham (it’s an RAF Station). Embarkation will be along soon. 

Oil and gas figures - your short-term memory is failing. Seek medical assistance and soon. I suppose, although, that failing mental acuity explains your inability with arithmetic - you have my sympathies. 

AuldReekie444
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Space Mackerel , are you still trying to fool folk into believing you know what you are talking about?

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

I'm in exploration, Spacey, and nae **** bar the odd tinpot African mob are spending anything really worthwile on marine atm. Offshore oil and gas just isn't worth it. Left Las Palmas last week and practically the entire West African fleet of drill ships is tied up in the Asitican. Have you seen how many semi-subs and jack-ups are sitting off Invergordon these days?

There's plenty of oil and gas out there, buddy, but the easy stuff has been and gone. Deep water GOM is a different kettle of fish to deep water North Atlantic.

Space Mackerel
17 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm in exploration, Spacey, and nae **** bar the odd tinpot African mob are spending anything really worthwile on marine atm. Offshore oil and gas just isn't worth it. Left Las Palmas last week and practically the entire West African fleet of drill ships is tied up in the Asitican. Have you seen how many semi-subs and jack-ups are sitting off Invergordon these days?

There's plenty of oil and gas out there, buddy, but the easy stuff has been and gone. Deep water GOM is a different kettle of fish to deep water North Atlantic.

When you mean exploration what’s your job?  Just to be clear of course. 

Why are you still in that game if its finished?  

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

When you mean exploration what’s your job?  Just to be clear of course. 

Why are you still in that game if its finished?  

Marine seismic acquisition. The front line of exploration, buddy. Although I don't know why you need to be clear. I could be the Fillipino cabin boy and still know more about the state of the industry than you.

I'm in the game for the stacks of tax-free cash, obviously. And I implied it's on it's arse, not finished. However I will be making a move to follow the fresh loot in the comming months.