More Tory lies

aussieh

3 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

As you should now see, I was referring to your inference that powers were being stripped. 

My second paragraph was to reinforce the point that power-stripping is a local, Scottish phenomenon in contrast with England (under the “hated” Tories) where proper devolution continues to expand. 

I said asset stripped. Which there are countless examples. I'm at a kids birthday party with poor internet so won't link or quote but we know companies have had cash incentives to relocate, to recently selling off Scottish land or profiting from Scottish estate.

The disregard for the Scottish voter was evident in the 19minutes that were given to the devolved powers in Westminster recently.

The contempt was further shown when they called things short to go watch the English football and rounded in their cronies from the bar to vote any motions out.

But of course the Tories are a warm and fuzzy bunch who want to look out for everyone? Localising powers for the good of the people... Aye right. 

They are giving crumbs and we'd be mugs to accept that.

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thunderstruck
22 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

I said asset stripped. Which there are countless examples. I'm at a kids birthday party with poor internet so won't link or quote but we know companies have had cash incentives to relocate, to recently selling off Scottish land or profiting from Scottish estate.

The disregard for the Scottish voter was evident in the 19minutes that were given to the devolved powers in Westminster recently.

The contempt was further shown when they called things short to go watch the English football and rounded in their cronies from the bar to vote any motions out.

But of course the Tories are a warm and fuzzy bunch who want to look out for everyone? Localising powers for the good of the people... Aye right. 

I even highlighted the bit where you said “trying to remove powers” which is what I referred to. 

I asked which powers and the rest, to me, reads like deflection. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Tories are not bery nice people as has been well established over the last 40 odd years. 

Self interested racists who harbour and protect child abusers and condemn the vulnerable to a life of suffering. Thats not abuse, its accurate. 

I have more respect for vermin. 

You do need professional help. That's a sorry outlook to have.

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

What powers are they trying to strip away?

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

I even highlighted the bit where you said “trying to remove powers” which is what I referred to. 

I asked which powers and the rest, to me, reads like deflection. 

Your choosing to manipulate what I've said however you want. I just gave reasons for my points. The only one deflecting is you.

You (and Phil dunphy) are try to impose the phrase "strip away powers" onto what I'm saying. You're trying to be pedants regarding the phrasing, which would be wrong.

Withhold powers might be more apt. The fact that it may be to do with what Joe bloggs might consider lesser things (like agriculture and branding etc etc) is redundant. The point being is it goes against the remit of devolution as agreed in 1997. 

The Tories would hold these powers for 7 years minimum and possibly indefinitely and that is a backwards step for Scotland (and Wales)

Phil Dunphy
55 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Your choosing to manipulate what I've said however you want. I just gave reasons for my points. The only one deflecting is you.

You (and Phil dunphy) are try to impose the phrase "strip away powers" onto what I'm saying. You're trying to be pedants regarding the phrasing, which would be wrong.

Withhold powers might be more apt. The fact that it may be to do with what Joe bloggs might consider lesser things (like agriculture and branding etc etc) is redundant. The point being is it goes against the remit of devolution as agreed in 1997. 

The Tories would hold these powers for 7 years minimum and possibly indefinitely and that is a backwards step for Scotland (and Wales)

You're the one who mentioned Scotland losing powers to Westminster. All I did was ask why those powers were. 

Why are questions seen as the enemy in Scotland?

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You're the one who mentioned Scotland losing powers to Westminster. All I did was ask why those powers were. 

Why are questions seen as the enemy in Scotland?

Not at all. As I said above the argument for devolution itself is a good one. However the track record of the conservatives would have anyone wary.

It appears the suggestion from earlier posts are that the Tories are a good choice to localise powers and ensure these devolved powers are used for the greater good of scotland and the uk? My opinion is that everything shows the contrary.

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Alan_R said:

Not at all. As I said above the argument for devolution itself is a good one. However the track record of the conservatives would have anyone wary.

It appears the suggestion from earlier posts are that the Tories are a good choice to localise powers and ensure these devolved powers are used for the greater good of scotland and the uk? My opinion is that everything shows the contrary.

If you want to look at a political party centralising powers to the detriment of the country, you’d do well to start at Police Scotland. 

7 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

I never vote Conservative but the regional Mayors and recent Scotland and Wales Acts say otherwise. 

Thunderstruck
18 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Not trying to impose any phrase - you wrote what you wrote. That was taken at face value and the debate moved on. 

Let’s just agree that your first post was ambiguous instead of an I said/you said waste of time. 

jack D and coke
7 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Abuse?

I havent given you any abuse you arse piece 

:laugh:

It’s the unionist way to make you sound mad and abusive man they’re trying to make you look like a bam. Expected behaviour because really they don’t have much else to throw at you.  

It’s like footballers who feign injury, they exaggerate the contact and look for a foul, embarrassing. 

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, Alan_R said:

I’m starting to think there’s a bit or “burn and run” going on with the WM Parliament now. Getting things out of here while the going’s good. 

I think they know Scotland is on the way to independence. 

Trapper John McIntyre
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s the unionist way to make you sound mad and abusive man they’re trying to make you look like a bam. Expected behaviour because really they don’t have much else to throw at you.  

It’s like footballers who feign injury, they exaggerate the contact and look for a foul, embarrassing. 

Oh, we've got plenty we can throw at you all, petal.

Trapper John McIntyre
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m starting to think there’s a bit or “burn and run” going on with the WM Parliament now. Getting things out of here while the going’s good. 

I think they know Scotland is on the way to independence. 

Sure.

2 hours ago, Alan_R said:

That's not correct. The powers would be held for a maximum of 7 years and the aim would be to devolve them a long time before that. 

There are no powers that the Scottish government are in charge of right now that are being brought back to Westminster. As Jim Sillars correctly points out, there is no power grab. It is common sense. No point in giving any more powers directly to the SNP when they can't even take control of the powers they have been given already such as welfare. Grievance for grievance sake as usual

Phil Dunphy
53 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

What have people done on this thread to make him seem abusive, exactly?

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Oh, we've got plenty we can throw at you all, petal.

Have you? Your posts are utter nonsense in general, daft memes, scare stories and McConachie type shite that does you no favours, your posts are littered with   “krankie” or something equally as hilarious and people rip space mackerel :facepalm: 

jack D and coke
32 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

What have people done on this thread to make him seem abusive, exactly?

Listen dafty you’ve done it yourself. Don’t engage me or I’ll mention yir Norman Whiteside story again :lol: 

AuldReekie444
8 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Abuse?

I havent given you any abuse you arse piece 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Poor show here lads.

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, AuldReekie444 said:

Poor show here lads.

Aw wee shame. Are you always this touchy? 

Thunderstruck

It’s the unionist way to make you sound mad and abusive man they’re trying to make you look like a bam. 

It seems to me that he is managing to do that with no help at all. 

AuldReekie444

I am a big boy yeah. You?

No. I am an adult who lives a healthy lifestyle.

Edited by AuldReekie444

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, AuldReekie444 said:

No. I am an adult who lives a healthy lifestyle.

Did I say I was out of shape?

0F6A6603-66EE-4170-852A-4B458F0DC079.png

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, AuldReekie444 said:

You didn't have to, we know. 

Not sure what to reply to that. 

You’re not a comedian china. 

AuldReekie444

Not sure what to reply to that. 

You’re not a comedian china. 

Go on, you're allowed that big pack of Nik Naks, you've had a long day.

Phil Dunphy

Listen dafty you’ve done it yourself. Don’t engage me or I’ll mention yir Norman Whiteside story again :lol: 

:cornette:

Am I doing it to you now as well?

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Am I doing it to you now as well?

Doing what to me? I can’t look at one of your posts without pishing myself thinking about your Whiteside story :lol: 

jack D and coke
24 minutes ago, AuldReekie444 said:

Go on, you're allowed that big pack of Nik Naks, you've had a long day.

Love nik naks?doesn’t everybody?

It has been a long day tho, been on the piss since about lunchtime yesterday I’m starting to wilt. 

Phil Dunphy
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Doing what to me? I can’t look at one of your posts without pishing myself thinking about your Whiteside story :lol: 

Good for you :laugh:

Perhaps you should just stick to talking about video games chum.

Phil Dunphy

been on the piss since about lunchtime yesterday 

Explains a lot.

Space Mackerel

Have you? Your posts are utter nonsense in general, daft memes, scare stories and McConachie type shite that does you no favours, your posts are littered with   “krankie” or something equally as hilarious and people rip space mackerel :facepalm: 

Thanks pal :)

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Good for you :laugh:

Perhaps you should just stick to talking about video games chum.

I like video games that’s why I talk about them. I also love ripping you reminding you about the that hilarious Norman Whiteside story :lol: 

Chum. 

Phil Dunphy

I like video games that’s why I talk about them. I also love ripping you reminding you about the that hilarious Norman Whiteside story :lol: 

Chum. 

It's cute that you've been holding onto a story I told the board about 10 years ago :laugh:

Good to see I've been living rent free in your head for so long.

:jjyay:

Space Mackerel
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

It's cute that you've been holding onto a story I told the board about 10 years ago :laugh:

Should you not be more bothered about a hard border in NI?

Chum.

Phil Dunphy
3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Should you not be more bothered about a hard border in NI?

Chum.

I'd be more concerned with a return of violence than whether or not I'd need to flash my passport if I tried to cross over the border.

As would any right minded human being.

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It’s a belter though eh :lol: 

Gave me one of my best laughs I’ve had on here. 

In yir nappies :rofl: 

Phil Dunphy

It’s a belter though eh :lol: 

Gave me one of my best laughs I’ve had on here. 

In yir nappies :rofl: 

You've been thinking about me in my nappies?

Bit sinister, that.

jack D and coke
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

You've been thinking about me in my nappies?

Bit sinister, that.

:facepalm: 

Dear oh dear man. 

AuldReekie444
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Funny how over two threads about British politics, I've never once uttered a word of support for the DUP :laugh:

"Scotland, a country for all. Unless you're a Unionist from Norther Ireland."

or anyone that disagrees with Scottish Nationalism.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Funny how over two threads about British politics, I've never once uttered a word of support for the DUP :laugh:

"Scotland, a country for all. Unless you're a Unionist from Northern Ireland."

But I know your Twitter handle. Unlucky ?

Phil Dunphy

For anyone who doesn't know the difference between a Unionist and a Nationalist.

Me, as a Unionist: "I'm more concerned with the preservation of life. Regardless of religion, race, creed or sexuality."

Space Mackerel, as a Nationalist: "Go back where you ****ing came from."

Joyous and civic :laugh:

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

But I know your Twitter handle. Unlucky ?

So does half of Kickback.

Go on, screenshot a tweet where I've talked about how much I love Arlene Foster :)

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, AuldReekie444 said:

did you just wake up,

Passed oot after the nik naks. Just woke and nearly cracked up at yir baby and fatman line. Honestly mate you could be on the stage!! ?

Geoff the Mince
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Here’s Frankie Boyle again folks :lol: