More Tory lies

aussieh

jambo lodge
2 minutes ago, Boris said:

I've no idea, nor do I pretend to have one!  My point was more that if an Indy Scotland joins the EU, adopting the Euro is not a forgon conclusion.

Personally, I'd prefer an independent Scottish groat/pound/mark/crown whatever.

What funds would underwrite a central bank in Scotland, some reports suggest in excess of £30b would be required, similar to Norway's reserves. 

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jambo lodge said:

What funds would underwrite a central bank in Scotland, some reports suggest in excess of £30b would be required, similar to Norway's reserves. 

Again, I don't know, I'm neither a politician or an economist.

I'm sure we would get our share from the UK, which would be a start.

Where does any country get its reserve?  Could it be like the US system of the Federal Reserve where banks are duty bound to deposit a percebtage assets in to the federal reserve?

jambo lodge
1 minute ago, Boris said:

Again, I don't know, I'm neither a politician or an economist.

I'm sure we would get our share from the UK, which would be a start.

Where does any country get its reserve?  Could it be like the US system of the Federal Reserve where banks are duty bound to deposit a percebtage assets in to the federal reserve?

Prof Ronald MacDonald, research prof of macroeconomics and international finance Glasgow University suggested between £30b to £300b would be required in foreign exchange reserves to protect currency against economic shocks and speculators.....big money.  

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

I think we had established that earlier but how long would that take and, most importantly, what would be used in the interim. 

This is is the type of basic planning that should be available before anyone launches into talk of referendums. Instead, we have threats of referendums under any flimsy pretext when it is clear that the back of a fag packet is more than ample space to jot down the post independence economic strategy. 

Just out of interest, what is the UKs post brexit economic strategy?? I have read pages and pages of the Scottish governments plans after independence but not seen a single thing from the UK. Surely you didn't vote leave without having a detailed financial strategy shown to you

6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Just out of interest, what is the UKs post brexit economic strategy?? I have read pages and pages of the Scottish governments plans after independence but not seen a single thing from the UK. Surely you didn't vote leave without having a detailed financial strategy shown to you

You can't have a plan (!)

Having a plan weakens your negotiating hand, coz people will know what you want.

:gocompare:

Thunderstruck
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

There is a separate thread for Brexit and I am not sure how the Tory thread has gotten this far down an SNP rabbit hole.

For clarity, I am pro Remain and my view is that the post-Brexit strategy is equally lacking and nebulous. That is a significant risk but one where predictions have, thus far, been wildly off target.

I continue to take the view that Brexit will not happen particularly as a Hard Brexit now seems impossible. 

However, no amount of whataboutery detracts from the wilful avoidance of any attempt at definition of a post-independence Scotland by the SNP (and the seekers of independence). Surely the lessons of Brexit have been identified and some albeit vague notion of how a Scottish economy would operate have been formulated. 

There is a separate thread for Brexit and I am not sure how the Tory thread has gotten this far down an SNP rabbit hole.

For clarity, I am pro Remain and my view is that the post-Brexit strategy is equally lacking and nebulous. That is a significant risk but one where predictions have, thus far, been wildly off target.

I continue to take the view that Brexit will not happen particularly as a Hard Brexit now seems impossible. 

However, no amount of whataboutery detracts from the wilful avoidance of any attempt at definition of a post-independence Scotland by the SNP (and the seekers of independence). Surely the lessons of Brexit have been identified and some albeit vague notion of how a Scottish economy would operate have been formulated. 

The government produced a detailed document, maybe you just missed it

Thunderstruck
9 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The government produced a detailed document, maybe you just missed it

Which government?

Space Mackerel
5 hours ago, jambo lodge said:

Prof Ronald MacDonald, research prof of macroeconomics and international finance Glasgow University suggested between £30b to £300b would be required in foreign exchange reserves to protect currency against economic shocks and speculators.....big money.  

Then again...

https://www.commonspace.scot/articles/12806/scare-story-experts-slam-300bn-figure-independent-scottish-currency-s-foreign

Anazing what you can learn when you take a wee trip away from the Hootsman and Daily Heil. 

Nobody else feeling disgusted that the PM will welcome & shake the hand of a maniac who makes people live in concentration camps & seperates children as young as 18 months old from their parents? And then that same maniac will meet the Monarch?

A concentration camp is a place where a government forces people live without a legal trial. 

Trump. If he was British he would be a Tory. Nap. 

jambo lodge
24 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Then again...

https://www.commonspace.scot/articles/12806/scare-story-experts-slam-300bn-figure-independent-scottish-currency-s-foreign

Anazing what you can learn when you take a wee trip away from the Hootsman and Daily Heil. 

Oh goody Spacey, so where will an independent Scotland with no credit history get £20b of cash to hold in foreign reserves.

Thunderstruck
3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Did you read that link?

60%+ of the £8.8trillion is in domestic property. How exactly are you going to liquidate those assets to get your ante for getting into the currency game? 

Even if that were possible, do you think that all value is equally distributed throughout the land? 

2CA8D649-05D6-43DD-97E8-71EBA3229B0B.jpeg

Space Mackerel
18 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Did you read that link?

60%+ of the £8.8trillion is in domestic property. How exactly are you going to liquidate those assets to get your ante for getting into the currency game? 

Even if that were possible, do you think that all value is equally distributed throughout the land? 

2CA8D649-05D6-43DD-97E8-71EBA3229B0B.jpeg

We only need £30 billion so we’ll just sell a few of they useless jets we are entitled to that are destined for they 2 leaky old aircraft carriers. 

jambo lodge
Just now, Space Mackerel said:

We only need £30 billion so we’ll just sell a few of they useless jets we are entitled to that are destined for they 2 leaky old aircraft carriers. 

Think you are using Sevco economics.  

The Real Maroonblood
57 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Nobody else feeling disgusted that the PM will welcome & shake the hand of a maniac who makes people live in concentration camps & seperates children as young as 18 months old from their parents? And then that same maniac will meet the Monarch?

A concentration camp is a place where a government forces people live without a legal trial. 

Trump. If he was British he would be a Tory. Nap. 

Remember the special relationship we have with the USA.

We can’t jeopardise that.

Pass the bucket.

Thunderstruck
20 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

If it is that easy, why didn’t Salmond’s “Brains” Trust propose it for 2014?

If it is that easy, why is the Sturgeon “Brains” Trust still not proposing it?

Don't tell us it is because it’s only the SNP’s job to deliver independence with some other poor ******* then having to make it work. On top of that, we have to take it on trust that they would be half way to economically literate. 

21 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Don't tell us it is because it’s only the SNP’s job to deliver independence with some other poor ******* then having to make it work. On top of that, we have to take it on trust that they would be half way to economically literate. 

See all this pish you lot bang on about. Continually asking all these financial questions that your precious Westminster cant even answer honestly about any current situation, never mind a future Brexit. All the while running debts to £1.7Tn and rising at over £5k a minute. 

Unyet a Hearts supporter on a football forum need to have the exact fiscal position for every eventuality for the next 10 years should Scotland chose to decide its own future!

Its effin BORING!

Space Mackerel
25 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

I think you’ll find your demagogue Treeza May has been “economically illiterate” since she took over from that other political genius Call me Dave. 

Theyve managed to bring your country to be  the laughing stock of the world bar D Trumps efforts so far. 

Some achievement. 

9 hours ago, Boris said:

From https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-economy-euro/euro-area/enlargement-euro-area/who-can-join-and-when_en

The Treaty does not specify a particular timetable for joining the euro area, but leaves it to Member States to develop their own strategies for meeting the condition for euro adoption.

So we can work towards adopting the euro at some stage. That's still a requirement to join.

1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Those ones built with Scottish engineers and workers on the Clyde and Rosyth?

AuldReekie444

I think you’ll find your demagogue Treeza May has been “economically illiterate” since she took over from that other political genius Call me Dave. 

Theyve managed to bring your country to be  the laughing stock of the world bar D Trumps efforts so far. 

Some achievement. 

What is the obsession with "laughing stock" ?

Is this the most developed phrase you can use to describe world affairs?

A country is either the laughing stock or is doing the laughing, or what

Edited by AuldReekie444

Thunderstruck
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

See all this pish you lot bang on about. Continually asking all these financial questions that your precious Westminster cant even answer honestly about any current situation, never mind a future Brexit. All the while running debts to £1.7Tn and rising at over £5k a minute. 

Unyet a Hearts supporter on a football forum need to have the exact fiscal position for every eventuality for the next 10 years should Scotland chose to decide its own future!

Its effin BORING!

All this “pish” that I am “banging on about” is simply asking for information that anyone trying to sell independence should be able to answer. It’s information that you and the Yes Campaign should have had to hand BEFORE you launched into an expensive and divisive referendum. Instead, we had a campaign built almost entirely on the flimsy foundations of Greed and Grievance. 

That lack of clarity on the “how” is part of what lost your only chance of attaining your dream. Shame that. 

Losing your sh-1-t because you have no answers should be telling you something but I fear not. 

AuldReekie444
2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Its effin BORING!

One Scottish Sturgeon will be worth 2 Trillion British pounds.  

6 hours ago, JamboX2 said:

So we can work towards adopting the euro at some stage. That's still a requirement to join.

Yeah, we're working towards it. Honest. Like Sweden.

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Its effin BORING!

This.

Space Mackerel
7 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

All this “pish” that I am “banging on about” is simply asking for information that anyone trying to sell independence should be able to answer. It’s information that you and the Yes Campaign should have had to hand BEFORE you launched into an expensive and divisive referendum. Instead, we had a campaign built almost entirely on the flimsy foundations of Greed and Grievance. 

That lack of clarity on the “how” is part of what lost your only chance of attaining your dream. Shame that. 

Losing your sh-1-t because you have no answers should be telling you something but I fear not. 

Could you tell me where Treeza May is getting this £20 billion to fund the NHS please? 

Space Mackerel

Outgoing deputy chair of Ofcom, supposed to be independent and regulate the BBC and Tory peer.

FC2E6462-9AF7-4CD1-9A3A-6F08B3B227AA.jpeg

7 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Same auld shite. Again. 

OK. I’ll play. 

Lets see the detailed figures for the UK’s reduction in trade, increase in debt, increase in job losses and the plan to turn it around after NEXT YEARS’s Brexit please. 

And then I want to see the deal that the fishermen and the farmers are going to get?

Then I want to see the impact all of that will have on the ‘bloc grant’ that Scotland gets?

What will our pensions look like and what will Sterling be worth say against the USD & the Euro going forward and what will this do to the balance of trade & payments?

What will inflation look like over the next 5 - 10 years?

What will the interest rates be (I am

particularly interested in this one as my fixed rate mortgage deal expires in about 18 months)?

How will we pay for NHS, Education, Defence, and the massive increase in unemployment claims?

How will the Tory inspired foodbanks cope?

Will there be a hadrians wall in Ireland?

Will any of this be the SNP’s fault?

Whats going to be number 1 at Christmas?

Who’s going to win the Grand National this year?

What did happen to Shergar?

Will all the EU nationals go home as they are such a burden? Who will work in the hospitals? Pick soft fruit? Pack our food? Work in our coffee shops (UK folk dont want to do it)?

Will we sell the NHS to Trump?

Will we get to keep the 9 million jobs at faslane?

Will workers and human rights be eroded by the Tories after Brexit (do we trust them)?

Will we need to apply for a visa to go to mainland Europe?

What will the weather be after Brexit?

When will I die (I would like to make plans)?

How will we pay for it all?

PAAAAANNNNIIIICK!!!!!

Edited by Pans Jambo

Phil Dunphy
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Same auld shite. Again. 

OK. I’ll play. 

Lets see the detailed figures for the UK’s reduction in trade, increase in debt, increase in job losses and the plan to turn it around after NEXT YEARS’s Brexit please. 

And then I want to see the deal that the fishermen and the farmers are going to get?

Then I want to see the impact all of that will have on the ‘bloc grant’ that Scotland gets?

What will our pensions look like and what will Sterling be worth say against the USD & the Euro going forward and what will this do to the balance of trade & payments?

particularly interested in this one as my fixed rate mortgage deal expires in about 18 months)?

How will we pay for NHS, Education, Defence, and the massive increase in unemployment claims?

Will all the EU nationals go home as they are such a burden? Who will work in the hospitals? Pick soft fruit? Pack our food? Work in our coffee shops (UK folk dont want to do it)?

Will workers and human rights be eroded by the Tories after Brexit (do we trust them)?

PAAAAANNNNIIIICK!!!!!

A simple “I have no idea” would’ve been quicker. 

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Could you tell me where Treeza May is getting the £20 billion from? 

38 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Thats kind of my point Phil. 

We march over the cliff and follow your beloved Westminster into ruining my freedoms in Europe, ruining my pension, ruining the prospects of Scotland and forcing me to pay more for my mortgage, childcare, healthcare and elderly care whilst eroding working and human rights but wait....

There may just be an alternative. 

Sod that! I dont like “wee Krankie” and anyway, Spacey hasnt answerd all of my BORING AS FECK questions!

jambo lodge

Outgoing deputy chair of Ofcom, supposed to be independent and regulate the BBC and Tory peer.

FC2E6462-9AF7-4CD1-9A3A-6F08B3B227AA.jpeg

Its called democracy at work......same as you lost the referendum on independence.

jambo lodge
51 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Already been explained, taxation and other economies...…..perhaps eventually a Brexit dividend, Its not hard to understand when you have ab open mind.

Thunderstruck
58 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Same auld shite. Again. 

OK. I’ll play. 

PAAAAANNNNIIIICK!!!!!

OK, I’ll admit I was wrong...

You have have a lot further to go on the Change Acceptance Curve than I thought. You are still hovering between “Denial” and “Anger” and don’t seem ready to accept that the Indy dream is over.

Phil Dunphy
2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Can you tell me what powers Holyrood is at risk of losing in this power grab?

Thats kind of my point Phil. 

We march over the cliff and follow your beloved Westminster into ruining my freedoms in Europe, ruining my pension, ruining the prospects of Scotland and forcing me to pay more for my mortgage, childcare, healthcare and elderly care whilst eroding working and human rights but wait....

There may just be an alternative. 

Sod that! I dont like “wee Krankie” and anyway, Spacey hasnt answerd all of my BORING AS FECK questions!

So you admit that your beloved SNP don’t have any answers to the questions that matter? Sound. 

You're off your rocker if you think “Nah, no idea” is going to swing any vote your way. 

13 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Can you tell me what powers Holyrood is at risk of losing in this power grab?

So you admit that your beloved SNP don’t have any answers to the questions that matter? Sound. 

You're off your rocker if you think “Nah, no idea” is going to swing any vote your way. 

We need answers Phil!

ANSWERS!!!!

The uncertainty is HUUUUUUGE!!!!

For the love of god Phil. Tell me what the Brexit deal will be & what it will mean to my family!

What are the Tories doing???

Think of the children. 

OK, I’ll admit I was wrong...

You have have a lot further to go on the Change Acceptance Curve than I thought. You are still hovering between “Denial” and “Anger” and don’t seem ready to accept that the Indy dream is over.

So youre not going to tell me what happened to Shergar then???

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

We need answers Phil!

ANSWERS!!!!

The uncertainty is HUUUUUUGE!!!!

For the love of god Phil. Tell me what the Brexit deal will be & what it will mean to my family!

What are the Tories doing???

Think of the children. 

Yes, you’re right. You need answers to swing No voters to the Yes side. 

Not or contempt of anyone who asks those questions. You’re 48 years old FFS. Grow up a bit. 

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yes, you’re right. You need answers to swing No voters to the Yes side. 

Not or contempt of anyone who asks those questions. You’re 48 years old FFS. Grow up a bit. 

No Phil. 

I’m ick of you lot ASKING questions so thats where I am now. Bored as feck wi it. 

What will the interest rate be in 18 months Phil?

I need to know! It affects me directly. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

12 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Its effin BORING!

Not as boring as your continual whatabootery when you can't answer a simple financial question. 

12 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Not as boring as your continual whatabootery when you can't answer a simple financial question. 

What will the interest rate be once the benefits of Brexit kick-in & Sterling falls on its arse next year be? 

Answer that SE16. 

Governor Tarkin
13 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Its effin BORING!

Could ping exactly the same claim back at the indy mob tbf.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Could ping exactly the same claim back at the indy mob tbf.

I said it first...so there. 

If there is such a huge cash benefit in leaving the EU then why does taxes need to rise to pay for the almost £400M a week investment into the NHS (sorry, I meant companies ran by pals of the Tory party and tory party shareholders) & by how much will taxes rise and when will the rises happen. Furthermore, how & where will the £400million be invested?

Any of the smart arse Britnat serial question askers answer that question please???

jambo lodge
55 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

If there is such a huge cash benefit in leaving the EU then why does taxes need to rise to pay for the almost £400M a week investment into the NHS (sorry, I meant companies ran by pals of the Tory party and tory party shareholders) & by how much will taxes rise and when will the rises happen. Furthermore, how & where will the £400million be invested?

Any of the smart arse Britnat serial question askers answer that question please???

Polls show that the majority of voters would happily pay more tax to have the NHS properly funded ( my view is that the NHS is a bottomless pit and we need major reform in this country) So in the short term extra taxes will be required. Any Brexit dividend will not materialise until we are completely free from paying Brexit membership fees, 2021 at the earliest. Such seethe for the Tory party, you need to chill.    

doctor jambo

Because it's a bullshit claim they cannot deliver. May will renege on it, as she has every other time. She is an appeaser

jambo lodge
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Because it's a bullshit claim they cannot deliver. May will renege on it, as she has every other time. She is an appeaser

Dear oh dear. You will be in the perfect position to call foul if they don't deliver. NHS however will also have to deliver to the taxpayers.