• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Dorries must worry some of her own voters.  She's like a drunk aunt at a wedding.  Swaying about and trying to look menacing.

The reality is she was highly intimidated.  She knew she's not got the smarts to conduct a coherent defence.  Just try to look stone faced and shuffle about.

The damage they’re doing is absolutely ****ing glorious 😃😃Dorries is another completely unhinged Tory.
Tory females are something else man. 

7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

This is surely his problem

0.45 here

Not sure, he says it's what he's been assured of, not that it didn't happen. I reckon he'll wriggle out of it. Looking back at it given what we know now, I reckon he's picked his words very knowingly back then.

12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Not sure, he says it's what he's been assured of, not that it didn't happen. I reckon he'll wriggle out of it. Looking back at it given what we know now, I reckon he's picked his words very knowingly back then.

If it's shown he was at something deemed to be against the rules then he can hardly credibly take that line.

He misled parliament a number of times.  But it probably wont matter because he'll just barge on and continue to lie about it.  There's no obligation to resign.  Parliament has no power to get rid of him.  

8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If it's shown he was at something deemed to be against the rules then he can hardly credibly take that line.

He'll just say he was assured that it broke no rules and when it turns out they did he'll say he inadvertent misled Parliament and he's sorry, now onto something else.

He's not fussed about credibility, he focused on squirming out of it.

8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

He misled parliament a number of times.  But it probably wont matter because he'll just barge on and continue to lie about it.  There's no obligation to resign.  Parliament has no power to get rid of him.  

Indeed. 

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

We all know politicians like a spin but the word, misled, must be one of their best.

In real life, in fact, in any walk of life, it's called lying !

Well done, Blackford, tell it like it is.

The PM is a lying toad.

manaliveits105

Blackford lies to Parliament every time he uses the “will of the Scottish people” phrase “  - it’s the will of a third of the population who voted snp and green - he should resign and stop embarrassing Scotland . 

16 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I don't like "the fat Hibby", but he's the only one who had the guts to say what all the opposition MPs should be saying. All of the opposition should have walked out with him.

How any sane and decent person can defend Johnson, or try to deflect from his lying, is staggering. He has spent his life lying, cheating and latching onto any cause he thought could benefit him, and him alone. 

He was trying to say that he was coordinating and leading the response of the West to Putin threatening Ukraine. What a hoot! The man is deranged. Putin will be laughing his head off at a real lightweight like Johnson trying to intimidate him. And the leaders of the other western powers won't believe a word Johnson says to them. 

👍 Like him or not the truth is he's offering more opposition than the Labour party is...

49 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Blackford lies to Parliament every time he uses the “will of the Scottish people” phrase “  - it’s the will of a third of the population who voted snp and green - he should resign and stop embarrassing Scotland . 

:turmoil:

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

You could say the same about Johnson and his mates about Brexit. Under 40% of the electorate voted for Brexit. The rest didn't or were too complacent to cast a vote.

25 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

You could say the same about Johnson and his mates about Brexit. Under 40% of the electorate voted for Brexit. The rest didn't or were too complacent to cast a vote.

👍

Footballfirst

The DHSC published their accounts for 2020/21 yesterday.

I've a funny feeling that the following paragraph doesn't fit in with BoJo's narrative of getting all the big decisions right.

Inventory impairments relate to:

Personal protective equipment - £8,705 million impairment. This amount can be further analysed as £673 million of items which have been assessed as not being suitable for any use, £2,581 million for items not suitable for use within the health and social care sector but which may be suitable for other uses and are therefore held for future sale or donation. £4,701 million reflects the impairment recognised as a result of fluctuations in the market price of personal protective equipment between the point of purchase and the balance sheet date, and £750 million relates to inventory which has an expiry date prior to the expected usage date and is therefore held for resale or donation.

It's a shameful waste of taxpayers money, that doesn't include the unlawful contracts given to Tory donors and mates.  All in addition to the £4.3bn written off as a result of fraud within the furlough scheme.

5 hours ago, Taffin said:

he's been assured of, not that it didn't happen.

The photos, if any and I’d be surprised if there wasn’t any, of the party may prove different. And of course if during police questioning of people they asked under oath if Boris was there they will be obligated to answer truthfully. 
I wouldn’t rely on Clown Shoes telling the truth. 

SectionDJambo
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I've a funny feeling that the following paragraph doesn't fit in with BoJo's narrative of getting all the big decisions right.

Personal protective equipment - £8,705 million impairment. This amount can be further analysed as £673 million of items which have been assessed as not being suitable for any use, £2,581 million for items not suitable for use within the health and social care sector but which may be suitable for other uses and are therefore held for future sale or donation. £4,701 million reflects the impairment recognised as a result of fluctuations in the market price of personal protective equipment between the point of purchase and the balance sheet date, and £750 million relates to inventory which has an expiry date prior to the expected usage date and is therefore held for resale or donation.

It's a shameful waste of taxpayers money, that doesn't include the unlawful contracts given to Tory donors and mates.  All in addition to the £4.3bn written off as a result of fraud within the furlough scheme.

Too few of the electorate, particularly in England, care that we have a corrupt bafoon in No10 though.

They just keep saying “he got Brexit done”, which really translates to “he stopped Johnny Foreigner from telling us what to do” and “he kept the immigrants out”. Neither of which has happened yet. 
Some of these people actually believe that the UK is still a major influence on the world. It’s quite comical listening to them. Wait until they all go back to the Costas and can’t bring back all the cheap booze and fags they’ve been able to for the last 50 years.

Spitonastranger
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Wow that cries so much desperation from you comrade :cornette::robboyas:pleasing 

dobmisterdobster
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Twist in the tail. 

A fixed penalty notice is not a criminal record. Therefore not public information. See the data protection act

16 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

A fixed penalty notice is not a criminal record. Therefore not public information. See the data protection act

So when Tories get asked what should their answer be? 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

so £8.7 billion spunked on that, £4.3 billion not being chased by Itchy Bawsack and his department and £37 billion wasted on Dido Harding's track & trace scam?

£50 billion. Fifty thousand million pounds. 

Cut the unemployment benefits likesy :tlj:

58 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

The photos, if any and I’d be surprised if there wasn’t any, of the party may prove different. And of course if during police questioning of people they asked under oath if Boris was there they will be obligated to answer truthfully. 

It won't prove that he'd been assured of anything different. It may we'll (and I suspect will) prove that that assurance he supposedly got was untrue however and even in fact that he knew differently, but what he said was he'd been assured there was no party.

Semantics but I think it's exactly the game he's playing and purposely chose those words.

dobmisterdobster
44 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So when Tories get asked what should their answer be? 

That's up to them. Just don't expect the police to publicly name anybody for non criminal offences.

23 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

That's up to them. Just don't expect the police to publicly name anybody for non criminal offences.

But there's a public interest in knowing. 

It is of course true it doesn't need the Met Police to prove wrong doing. 

> Redacted report so we never know the full details
> Police won't name anyone fined for BREAKING THE LAW
> Government also won't name anyone fined for BREAKING THE LAW

Alexa, what's a "cover up"?

dobmisterdobster
9 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's a non-reportable offence. If you pay your fine, don't challenge it, don't receive any CCJs. Then you have a right to anonymity.

That's the law for everyone.

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

It's a non-reportable offence. If you pay your fine, don't challenge it, don't receive any CCJs. Then you have a right to anonymity.

and rightly so 

SectionDJambo

Once the police investigation is done there is no reason why the Sue Gray report cannot be seen by the HOC in full. No need for alterations or updates, just show it as it would have been, now, if the police hadn’t conveniently entered the fray at a very late stage. 
No need to make public who has been issued fixed penalties. We’re being told the only reason the report can’t be released is due to the police investigation. So no impediment afterwards. The only way that Johnson can clear his name is by that report being made public. Surely his admirers would want that?

In the meantime, leaks and photos will keep coming. There are people out there who aren’t going to let this go.

53 minutes ago, Cade said:

I don't think we need to know the full details.

We already know Johnson lied to Parliament about one of the events which he denied being at : one of the events now being investigated by the Met after alrrady being investigated (presumably) to some lesser degree by SG.

So that's two reasons to demand Johnson must resign : the drinking culture (which he participated in) and did nothing about  for which he has already apologised and the lying to Parliament.

He doesn't need to be convicted of any criminality , the Tories should bin him now. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Haud oan a minute.

The enquiry of 12 events has been picked up by the Met because the evidence gathered by Sue Gray meets the minimum threshold for 'criminal investigation'. If I've got that wording right, how come you're saying that they're non-criminal offences?

Personally, I'm less interested in who gets what fine as a result of this. The point should be that the Met find that the gatherings were illegal. That then comes back to Johnson having denied the existence of any illegal gatherings which puts him in the hotseat for having repeatedly misled the house.

2 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Images starting to be leaked...

butt.png

Edited by I P Knightley

6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

That's a belter. 🤣 

I P Knightley
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I don't think we need to know the full details.

We already know Johnson lied to Parliament about one of the events which he denied being at : one of the events now being investigated by the Met after alrrady being investigated (presumably) to some lesser degree by SG.

So that's two reasons to demand Johnson must resign : the drinking culture (which he participated in) and did nothing about  for which he has already apologised and the lying to Parliament.

He doesn't need to be convicted of any criminality , the Tories should bin him now. 

Drinking culture isn't a problem in general. Churchill was rarely sober! I don't think it's a resigning matter but Sue Gray (good protestant!) has obviously raised an eyebrow and given something more to divert attention from the core of it all; the lying.

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

But there's a public interest in knowing. 

It is of course true it doesn't need the Met Police to prove wrong doing. 

It will come up in their expenses as they will use that to pay th fines, they wont be using their own money 

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

The law is bypassed regularly in the public interest. 

13 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

It will come up in their expenses as they will use that to pay th fines, they wont be using their own money 

Good point. 

There's also the problem of Parliamentary privilege in that once the names are obtained by the media, they will be outed in Parliament. 

33 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Drinking culture isn't a problem in general. Churchill was rarely sober! I don't think it's a resigning matter but Sue Gray (good protestant!) has obviously raised an eyebrow and given something more to divert attention from the core of it all; the lying.

Also in terms of diversion, Boris Johnson has said the Downing Street will be reorganised. But what he is proposing is back to what it was before it was restructured for Dominic Cummings. 

joondalupjambo
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Also in terms of diversion, Boris Johnson has said the Downing Street will be reorganised. But what he is proposing is back to what it was before it was restructured for Dominic Cummings. 

The fall guys are all already lined up well in advance of any more information coming from SG or the Met.  They will be certain senior and middle ranking officials and a Cabinet Minister or two.  Then wait a year or two, maybe not even that and you will see Boris's rewards for taking the hit.  It's the way it had always been 

I am still hoping that the public sort this out via the ballot boxes.

Clown Shoes not escaping the questions about his behaviour from the media over in Ukraine. He is a liability as well as a disgrace. 

dobmisterdobster
55 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Haud oan a minute.

The enquiry of 12 events has been picked up by the Met because the evidence gathered by Sue Gray meets the minimum threshold for 'criminal investigation'. If I've got that wording right, how come you're saying that they're non-criminal offences?

Personally, I'm less interested in who gets what fine as a result of this. The point should be that the Met find that the gatherings were illegal. That then comes back to Johnson having denied the existence of any illegal gatherings which puts him in the hotseat for having repeatedly misled the house.

A fixed penalty notice is not a criminal conviction and not in the public domain. 

dobmisterdobster
3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

These ones could well be soon.

Possibly from other sources. Not the police. It's against the law.

The government release worded the publishing of a 'full report' as Sue Gray will be asked to update the report in accordance with the police findings.

That does not mean Sue Gray's original draft will come to light.  There has been no promise made to publish the original Gray report.

They seemed to be talking  about these potential penalty notices being in the public interest as to who gets one. Apologies for such a clumsy sentence. 

Edited by Riccarton3

Jimmy Savile victims 'appalled' Boris Johnson is 'trying to weaponise their suffering'

Victims of sex offender Jimmy Savile are "appalled" by Boris Johnson's attack on Keir Starmer in the Commons and have accused the prime minister of trying to "weaponise their suffering", according a lawyer whose firm represented them.

The embattled PM, in his attempts to defend himself over Sue Gray's critical partygate report, wrongly claimed the former lawyer failed to prosecute the paedophile when he was head of the CPS.

In the Commons debate on the Sue Gray report, Mr Johnson claimed Sir Keir, the former director of public prosecutions, "used his time prosecuting journalists and failing to prosecute Jimmy Savile".

Richard Scorer, whose law firm represented many of the disgraced entertainer's victims, told ITV News: "I've spoken to a few of our former clients today and they are universally appalled by this.

"What angers them more than anything else is that idea of Johnson trying to weaponise their suffering in order to get out of a political hole."

4 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Clown Shoes not escaping the questions about his behaviour from the media over in Ukraine. He is a liability as well as a disgrace. 

British media have never reported that he was totally ignored by European leaders in the last few weeks and not invited to any talks. hence the need to go to Ukraine to appear relevant. 

The Mighty Thor

Another chapter of 'The Week in Tory', well its only really Monday and Tuesday as parliament doesn't sit at weekends