More Tory lies

aussieh

2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Boris Johnson's head of policy has resigned over the PM's false claim that Sir Keir Starmer failed to prosecute serial sex offender Jimmy Savile when he was director of public prosecutions.

Mr Johnson made the widely debunked accusation on Monday, sparking anger from MPs - including in his own party.

The PM backed down on Thursday, saying the Labour leader "had nothing to do personally with those decisions".

But Munira Mirza said he should have

In her resignation letter, published by The Spectator, she wrote: "You are a better man than many of your detractors will ever understand, which is why it is so desperately sad that you let yourself down by making a scurrilous accusation against the leader of the opposition."

So basically she said he's a total ***** but had to phrase it such that he hasn't always been a total ***** and that she wasn't working for someone she viewed as a total *****.

Some people can't even find some principles without being unprincipled.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aside from Dominic Cummings when he was, Munira Mirza has been one of Boris Johnson's biggest allies in terms of implementing his philosophy. One of his London Mayor people too. 

I am shocked she has left him. 

He's in trouble. 

Edited by Mikey1874

She's been one of the key architects of the Boris Brand for 14 years.

She's not a hero. At all.

Just another rat bailing for self preservation reasons rather than for principles.

Allegedly she's good pals with Sunak. The plot thickens.

Edited by Cade

On 02/02/2022 at 13:17, dobmisterdobster said:

Britain has done more for Ukraine than most European countries. They even displayed our flag in their parliament.

A Ukrainian friend of mine from Odessa told me that Ukrainians like the British so much because when we left the EU, we made it easier for Ukraine to join because all they would need to do is add "raine" to all the mentions of the UK in the treaties and doumentation.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

A Ukrainian friend of mine from Odessa told me that Ukrainians like the British so much because when we left the EU, we made it easier for Ukraine to join because all they would need to do is add "raine" to all the mentions of the UK in the treaties and doumentation.

:laugh2:

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Didn’t he say looking at historic child abuse cases was “spaffing money up the wall” too not all that long ago? He’s not arsed about it then he is? Then hits a real low repeating an internet lie then says he didn’t mean it after all? :lol: 
I hope he’s here for a bit yet. 

He did indeed.

He told LBC 

He said: “And one comment I would make is I think an awful lot of money and an awful lot of police time now goes into these historic offences and all this malarkey. “You know, £60m I saw was being spaffed up a wall on some investigation into historic child abuse and all this kind of thing. What on earth is that going to do to protect the public now?”

He's a horrible fat, racist, lying *****.

WorldChampions1902
39 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So basically she said he's a total ***** but had to phrase it such that he hasn't always been a total ***** and that she wasn't working for someone she viewed as a total *****.

Some people can't even find some principles without being unprincipled.

As Grouch Marx once said, “If you don’t like my principles, I have others”. Sums up politicians to a tee.

5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Fair enough and on the basis I agree will exit stage left. 

I just think the Saville stuff on here and Westminster, is horrific on a number of levels and was genuinely trying to get posters to reflect on their words. Alas, I failed and have reminded myself belief is the death of reason.👍

Here was me thinking you were above name calling🤔

6 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

When your taking someone out in a position of power, you need to get it right. 

It might be relatively difficult to do but the tories are all about the power and have repeatedly taken out unelectable leaders out to give them self best chance of winning. Seen it with almost all their leaders during my lifetime.

We will see the same here when more ‘tories’ like the timing or see the writing on wall at GE time and face losing their jobs! I expect to see some more scandal come out him due course and a Tory rebrand after Bojo; in time for next GE.

I’m amazed he still in power for a number of reasons, will be glad when he’s gone

Even Thatcher was emptied when it became clear she had become an election liability. 

They replaced her and that nice Mr Major was able to squeek them through in 1992.

Only delayed the inevitable and repeated sleaze and cash for questions resulted in a Labour landslide of 179 which makes Boris's victory look a close run thing. 

This has a similar feel to it. 

Labour now look a better bet. 

37 minutes ago, Cade said:

She's not a hero. At all.

Supported his lying for all those years. I suppose we all have our limits 😉.

Spaffer the other day.  "We're doing a lot on raising wages... ".

Bank of England governor today.  "Now is not the time to ask for a big pay rise... ".

:facepalm:

Great bit of joined up economic messaging.  

Tory pigs - we'll help you against inflation with higher wages.  

BoE - you can't have higher wages.  Inflation,  innit.

Edited by Victorian

1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

Boris Johnson's head of policy has resigned over the PM's false claim that Sir Keir Starmer failed to prosecute serial sex offender Jimmy Savile when he was director of public prosecutions.

Mr Johnson made the widely debunked accusation on Monday, sparking anger from MPs - including in his own party.

The PM backed down on Thursday, saying the Labour leader "had nothing to do personally with those decisions".

But Munira Mirza said he should have

In her resignation letter, published by The Spectator, she wrote: "You are a better man than many of your detractors will ever understand, which is why it is so desperately sad that you let yourself down by making a scurrilous accusation against the leader of the opposition."

Also his head of communications Jack Doyle has just resigned

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

:clap:😄

13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The Tories have utterly ****ed this Country. 7% inflation. £700 year more on fuel bills. Absolute bunch of ****s. 

Tbf it wouldn't matter who was in charge right now, as inflation is rising around the World as are energy bills, it's Worldwide, not just the UK which is seeing this.

So, let's have a wee recap.

Inflation at 7%

54% energy price rise incoming

£4billion written off as lost to fraudsters

£9billion wasted on useless PPE

£37billion spaffed on test&trace that utterly failed to prevent another wave of infections and another lockdown

Highest tax burden since WW2

And these shitebags still claim to be the party of fiscal responsibility and a safe pair of hands.

Footballfirst
11 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Also his head of communications Jack Doyle has just resigned

I think he was the guy asking the questions that Allegra Stratton laughed at in the video that kicked off partygate.

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Inflation at 7%

£37billion spaffed on test&trace that utterly failed to prevent another wave of infections and another lockdown

And these shitebags still claim to be the party of fiscal responsibility and a safe pair of hands.

But they're going to have more devolution throughout England.  More metro mayors.  More devolved budgets and spending choice powers.

But no money.

8 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Tbf it wouldn't matter who was in charge right now, as inflation is rising around the World as are energy bills, it's Worldwide, not just the UK which is seeing this.

It would because food inflation is going through the roof thanks to brexit and it is going to get a lot worse. 

Massive queues & delays at Dover & Calais now - ongoing for weeks- and  full checks still not implemented yet. HMRC announce their decrepit IT systems - which simply cannot cope with the massive increse in paperwork caused by brexit- will stay in place for another 3 years at least.  Widespread cocnern in the haulage industry this is not sustainable and that EU lorries will simply stop coming to the UK. 

The rest of the world doesn't have the brexit issues created by Johnson's hardline attitiude.

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not entirely correct. The uk government can reduce inflation by increasing taxes for rich folk but the tories are not going to do that. They'll just **** the people in the middle and the bottom of the ladder as per usual.

Asked if more people are likely to follow Mirza out, the official said: “That doesn’t matter. Boris will feel more sorrow than Mary did watching Christ on the cross. It’s that level of void left in his life.”

:24_shocked:

11 minutes ago, Cade said:

Inflation at 7%

Perhaps if the UK government didn't piss billions away, inflation wouldn't be as high. 

The Mighty Thor
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Asked if more people are likely to follow Mirza out, the official said: “That doesn’t matter. Boris will feel more sorrow than Mary did watching Christ on the cross. It’s that level of void left in his life.”

:24_shocked:

Never mind, he's got Lynton Crosby coming back.........oh wait!

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

We're all in it together. 

😭

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Not entirely correct. The uk government can reduce inflation by increasing taxes for rich folk but the tories are not going to do that. They'll just **** the people in the middle and the bottom of the ladder as per usual.

:Agree:

We're only in the foothills of this.  Just wait a few years and the equality gap in this country is going to be frightening.  

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, Cade said:

Inflation at 7%

Aye but Sturgeon something wibble

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Have they ever, it's not what the tories do, my old dad used to say under the tories the rich get richer & the poor get poorer, it was true 50 years ago as it's as true today.

17 minutes ago, Victorian said:

We're only in the foothills of this.  Just wait a few years and the equality gap in this country is going to be frightening.  

The rich in this Country are paying a smaller percentage of tax than those earning £15,000-30,000 a year. It's a ****ing pisstake. They are pigs in the trough. 

We're getting a 3% wage rise when inflation is going to 7% but everything is costing more and we're paying more taxes. They're running this Country into the ground. 

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Have they ever, it's not what the tories do, my old dad used to say under the tories the rich get richer & the poor get poorer, it was true 50 years ago as it's as true today.

Indeed. If they really gave a shit about inflation, taxing the wealthiest is one of the options open to them to reduce it. Another is to reduce public spending, which is probably what they will do. 

Edited by Cruyff

20 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Never mind, he's got Lynton Crosby coming back.........oh wait!

Did soemone not leak this BS and then Crosby basically said, "no chance" ?

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Did soemone not leak this BS and then Crosby basically said, "no chance" ?

Yes. Boris Johnson

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The rich in this Country are paying a smaller percentage of tax than those earning £15,000-30,000 a year. It's a ****ing pisstake. They are pigs in the trough. 

We're getting a 3% wage rise when inflation is going to 7% but everything is costing more and we're paying more taxes. They're running this Country into the ground. 

Indeed. If they really gave a shit about inflation, taxing the wealthiest is one of the options open to them to reduce it. Another is to reduce public spending, which is probably what they will do. 

Inflation scratches the comfortable.  It thumps the poor.  With little to avoid that.

Redistribute the tax burden?  In any meaningful way?  Well that = someone else running the country... which just wont do.  They're entitled to perpetual power.  

Their most successful attribute,  by a long,  long,  long way,  is their ability to deceive poor people that they're better off with the Tories.  They are ****ing experts at it.

22 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The big problem for England was the  austerity programme. Its devastated basic services and the infrastructure around every town and city. Funnily enough they are bringing in programmes that give the impression they are dealing with inequality but even these are half baked.

Meantime the energy price rise is a disaster. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Their most successful attribute,  by a long,  long,  long way,  is their ability to deceive poor people that they're better off with the Tories.  They are ****ing experts at it.

It's one of the best grifts of all time.

Tell folk they're middle class, tell them it's aspirational, then suffocate them with personal debt for the rest of their lives. 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's one of the best grifts of all time.

Tell folk they're middle class, tell them it's aspirational, then suffocate them with personal debt for the rest of their lives. 

The witch is dead but her children live on. 

Two senior aides to Boris Johnson have resigned from Downing Street within hours of each other amid growing pressure on the prime minister.

Footballfirst
Dan Rosenfeld resigned this morning as @BorisJohnson ’s chief of staff. The PM accepted his resignation. As I understand it, Rosenfield felt he had to take personal responsibility for the cack handed way Downing St initially responded to the party disclosures (“there were no parties” etc). But he was not in post when most of the parties happened. He will stay for a couple of weeks to smooth a hand over, if a successor can be found.

Martin Reynolds, the PM's senior civil servant official, is also confirmed now to have gone from Number 10

4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Two senior aides to Boris Johnson have resigned from Downing Street within hours of each other amid growing pressure on the prime minister.

4!

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:
Dan Rosenfeld resigned this morning as @BorisJohnson ’s chief of staff. The PM accepted his resignation. As I understand it, Rosenfield felt he had to take personal responsibility for the cack handed way Downing St initially responded to the party disclosures (“there were no parties” etc). But he was not in post when most of the parties happened. He will stay for a couple of weeks to smooth a hand over, if a successor can be found.

Martin Reynolds, the PM's senior civil servant official, is also confirmed now to have gone from Number 10

He's getting rid of the guys who caused "Partygate" and then when the fines are doled out he'll say people have already been dealt with. 

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

4!

4 this afternoon I believe. 
Downing Street imploding now as the rats flee. 
Johnson just can’t survive this now. 

I wonder how long it will be for the 54 letters to land on the desk triggering a vote of no confidence. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He's getting rid of the guys who caused "Partygate" and then when the fines are doled out he'll say people have already been dealt with. 

Just what I have been thinking.  They are falling on their swords potentially.  Mind you some of their wording in the leaving press releases do not sound like folk who are possibly going to be named as guilty.  All a bit strange.

Edited by joondalupjambo

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Yup. Everyone who failed to tell BoJo what his rules were are being booted out, just to save Big Dog.