More Tory lies

aussieh

I P Knightley
Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

I think Angela Rayner is great. It's good to see a strong, opinionated woman at the heart of front line politics. I struggle to see how anyone could have an issue with that. 

I'd far rather have a cabinet containing people who can identify with the people they represent than the elitist bunch of nobs we have who can't. Even the ones with a less elevated background ditch that so that they can suck up to the Etonians and Bullindonians. When Bozo starts a sentence with, "What the people of the UK want is..." you know that he hasn't a clue.

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I'd far rather have a cabinet containing people who can identify with the people they represent than the elitist bunch of nobs we have who can't. Even the ones with a less elevated background ditch that so that they can suck up to the Etonians and Bullindonians. When Bozo starts a sentence with, "What the people of the UK want is..." you know that he hasn't a clue.

But maybe Boris et al are representing people like them ? 

22 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's not offensive to supposed Unionists...it's offensive as it's being used in a way to elicit comparisons between Scots and slaves which is totally disingenuous. Hardly comparable to shortbread senate or cult member.

I don't remember American slaves choosing to be in their circumstances.

Nazi, I'll give you though.

Are we not allowed to make comparison's between Scots and black slaves?

Would it be o.k. if we compared ourselves to white slaves? 

Is there any valid comparison between those who support a system run by an exploitative and entitled  elite, and slavery?

I don't remember the highlanders being consulted as to their removal from their own lands.

Oh my, the line now (from mogg) is that restrictions were too harsh /hard on people at the time, that it was not in line with the dangers? A transparent way of looking to make the parties less abhorrent through the 'hindsight' argument that doesn't stand up when you consider the death rate. What an utter *****.

Edited by Riccarton3

Branch office being called out for what it is. 

Labour and the Lib Dems will have exactly the same opinions of their Scotland offices. 

The good old union! 

53 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

She appears to be being proven right in her judgement of that shower by the day.

You only have to look at them all shuffling out onto Twitter/Radio/TV to trash their reputations and morals to defend a man that has been sacked for lying from just about every job he ever had.

I think Angela Rayner is great. It's good to see a strong, opinionated woman at the heart of front line politics. I struggle to see how anyone could have an issue with that. 

Sounds awfy like the old misogynistic line that women should be demure and know their place. Stuff that, she rattles the tories and one hopes she keeps on doing that. 

4 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

There is nothing cowardly about not willing to take a leap of faith with your pension, kids futures' or any other real life concerns.

If you know that the system you are living under is broken beyond repair and rotten to the core then there is a wee bit. 

4 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Is there any valid comparison between those who support a system run by an exploitative and entitled  elite, and slavery?

I don't remember the highlanders being consulted as to their removal from their own lands.

Woe is Scotland. If only someone would give them a democratic free vote to extricate themselves from the tyranny of the UK.

Oh wait.

1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

If you know that the system you are living under is broken beyond repair and rotten to the core then there is a wee bit. 

Nope not cowardly  at all IMO.

IMO taking that leap without real facts is stupidity.

5 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

I think enforced slavery , uprooted from your country of origin etc is a bit different from moaning about the Tories while watching Netflx and having a latte. 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Sounds awfy like the old misogynistic line that women should be demure and know their place. Stuff that, she rattles the tories and one hopes she keeps on doing that. 

Oh you can tell that she rustles the jimmies of these types.

For that reason alone, she's all good in my book 👍

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

Nope not cowardly  at all IMO.

IMO taking that leap without real facts is stupidity.

There's no certainties and nothing comes to you. 😉

4 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Are we actually going to go through this again? 

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Woe is Scotland. If only someone would give them a democratic free vote to extricate themselves from the tyranny of the UK.

Oh wait.

image-23-10-21-12-13-1.gif

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Oh you can tell that she rustles the jimmies of these types.

For that reason alone, she's all good in my book 👍

She has rustled a few nighties of many women who disagree with her views on trans issues and their impact on womens sex based rights and safety. 

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Branch office being called out for what it is. 

Labour and the Lib Dems will have exactly the same opinions of their Scotland offices. 

The good old union! 

Can’t remember the Labour mp who said after Scottish Parliament was opened and they tried to speak to Tony Blair about things up here he’d basically look out the window. Didn’t give a ****. 

That big fud Jim Murphy got slapped into place by Labour hierarchy when he was leader as well. I reckon you could’ve put Robin Cook or John Smith in charge of the branch office up here and they’d get ragdolled. 
Shown up time and again that they have absolutely zero influence and nobody gives a shiny shite about what they’re saying or doing in this most powerful devolved administration in the world :lol: 

Theyll do what they’re telt. 

Edited by jack D and coke

I P Knightley
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

But maybe Boris et al are representing people like them ? 

Sorry - "...the people they're elected to represent." (But I hope you knew that!)

I'd be fairly confident that an election in Uxbridge today would see the loosely trained chimp out on his ear.

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

Sorry - "...the people they're elected to represent." (But I hope you knew that!)

I'd be fairly confident that an election in Uxbridge today would see the loosely trained chimp out on his ear.

Sorry the point i was making that there are clearly people in the general population very similar to them, and their philosophy.  OH Im not so sure. Be careful what you wish for. Once Boris is gone a new leader will take over and he cant be as bad as him so the Tories popularity will certainly take an upward trajectory.

The Mighty Thor
15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

She has rustled a few nighties of many women who disagree with her views on trans issues and their impact on womens sex based rights and safety. 

I'm sure Boris' 'tank topped bum boys' would wholeheartedly concur 👍 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Sorry the point i was making that there are clearly people in the general population very similar to them, and their philosophy.  OH Im not so sure. Be careful what you wish for. Once Boris is gone a new leader will take over and he cant be as bad as him so the Tories popularity will certainly take an upward trajectory.

The strange juxtaposition in British politics, James, is that Corbyn, I'm sure you'll agree, was an infinitely better leader than Starmer...a man who can't get into Tesco because the automatic doors don't recognize him !

Yet the polls show Labour ahead.

A strange bunch, the British !

A good attempt by our resident unionists to totally derail this topic.

Must be hard having to equate a racist, bigoted, lying peice of filth with wee nippy but it's fun watching them try. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
31 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Oh wait.

We didn't have a democratic, free vote to join the UK.

36 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Oh wait.

😂😂😂

You know how they square that circle though, apparently the no vote are not only so naive they are easily fooled they also didn’t have the intelligence to understand the question. 😂

I P Knightley
18 minutes ago, Boab said:

The strange juxtaposition in British politics, James, is that Corbyn, I'm sure you'll agree, was an infinitely better leader than Starmer...a man who can't get into Tesco because the automatic doors don't recognize him !

I suppose it depends on what you want from a leader.

Corbyn was never ever ever going lead the Labour party to a general election victory. By that measure alone, I'd say he was not the right leader. Starmer's blandness and inoffensiveness makes him far more appealing. Surrounding himself with the right mix of people isn't a bad way to go.

11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Can’t remember the Labour mp who said after Scottish Parliament was opened and they tried to speak to Tony Blair about things up here he’d basically look out the window. Didn’t give a ****. 

That big fud Jim Murphy got slapped into place by Labour hierarchy when he was leader as well. I reckon you could’ve put Robin Cook or John Smith in charge of the branch office up here and they’d get ragdolled. 
Shown up time and again that they have absolutely zero influence and nobody gives a shiny shite about what they’re saying or doing in this most powerful devolved administration in the world :lol: 

Theyll do what they’re telt. 

I cannot see what the big surprise is. There is a hierarchy; the UK Government deals with the matters of UK and international significance; matters that can be dealt with at a more localised level have been devolved; the Scottish Government then devolves the day to day operation of many services to local authorities. 

In the same way that the Scottish Ministers really don't care what lightweight Local Councillors have to say why should the UK Government Ministers care about what someone in the Scottish Parliament says?  

It is hardly a surprise that Tony Blair then, or the UK cabinet now, consider what the party leader of what is effectively a regional assembly has to say as not being that important to them because, after all, they are working at totally different levels. 

38 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I think enforced slavery , uprooted from your country of origin etc is a bit different from moaning about the Tories while watching Netflx and having a latte. 

It happened to a lot of people and some are not over it yet. There are lasting implications for all involved. Reparations need to be made, knocking down statues is not enough. Imagine if such things happened to your country, how would you feel about it?  

Just now, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

We didn't have a democratic, free vote to join the UK.

Correct, but we had one to leave and said no so crying about now is hollow having done largely nowt to advance the vision since then.

I want(ed) Scotland to be independent as I saw it as the chance for us to go it alone as a united, brave and modern sovereign country. I've always hated the insular, divided, poor me culture in Scotland and put that down to the effect the UK had on us. It isn't the UK though, it's Scotland. For all the UK's failings the only people who can make Scotland better are the people living in Scotland. We were given that chance and blew it. Since that day I've realised the small minded, insular folk with a chip on their shoulder are actually by and large those who are the vocal supporters of independence and rather than selling a  vision of what a united, modern and proud independent Scotland could look like, they just whine and look for someone else to blame whilst never looking inwardly; to the extent that on here they're now trying to paint themselves as akin to oppressed slaves...despite having been given the key to the shackles and instead dropping them down a drain. Even now, the UK is in total meltdown with Boris and Brexit yet where is the alternative? Where's the plan? Where's the date for another referendum? Nowhere, because it's easier to just blame someone else.

Adam_the_legend
24 minutes ago, Boab said:

:cornette:

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

😂😂😂

You know how they square that circle though, apparently the no vote are not only so naive they are easily fooled they also didn’t have the intelligence to understand the question. 😂

Don't mistake me for a no voter Dazo, I'm not but I respect people who made a different choice. It was for those in favour of it to sell the alternative and they failed, myself included. Rather than take that on the chin, get back up and go again though it's all just poor me, poor us, UK bad, it's not our fault. If that's what an independent Scotland looks like then maybe the utter heartbreak I had in 2014 was really a blessing in disguise.

jack D and coke
43 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Oh wait.

We were also lied to let’s not forget that. The Vow etc. 
Broon promising to make sure Westminster delivered on its promises then virtually disappeared the next day. 
Nobody forgets we’ve had one but it’s also went sideways a lot since then. 
We’ve also have an SNP administration that I’m not sure actually want it anymore. 
Salmond was/is a hugely marmite figure but I had much more truck with his SNP than this one. I’m not a fan tbh. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I cannot see what the big surprise is. There is a hierarchy; the UK Government deals with the matters of UK and international significance; matters that can be dealt with at a more localised level have been devolved; the Scottish Government then devolves the day to day operation of many services to local authorities. 

In the same way that the Scottish Ministers really don't care what lightweight Local Councillors have to say why should the UK Government Ministers care about what someone in the Scottish Parliament says?  

It is hardly a surprise that Tony Blair then, or the UK cabinet now, consider what the party leader of what is effectively a regional assembly has to say as not being that important to them because, after all, they are working at totally different levels. 

Do you think he’d be looking out the window now? That’s where that attitude gets you. 

Just now, Taffin said:

Don't mistake me for a no voter Dazo, I'm not but I respect people who made a different choice. It was for those in favour of it to sell the alternative and they failed, myself included. Rather than take that on the chin, get back up and go again though it's all just poor me, poor us, UK bad, it's not our fault. If that's what an independent Scotland looks like then maybe the utter heartbreak I had in 2014 was really a blessing in disguise.

I know your not Taffin, you’ve made that clear. Doesn’t detract from the excellent point or the above though. 👍

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Broon promising to make sure Westminster delivered on its promises then virtually disappeared the next day. 

I thought everyone knew the UK government are a bunch of two-faced liars? Why would anyone have taken that at face value? It can't work both ways.

It was for the SNP to demonstrate why it was false and present proper definitive answers to questions that people had. They didn't.

We’ve also have an SNP administration that I’m not sure actually want it anymore.  

I agree, particularly with the second part. Too many people don't though because they can see no wrong in the party or Sturgeon and take it all at face value, all the time.

Salmond was/is a hugely marmite figure but I had much more truck with his SNP than this one. I’m not a fan tbh. 

Indeed, I at least believed he wanted it. Whether you like Sturgeon or not, she's not a leader and can't sell a ideology imo.

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

At least Salmond actually wanted independence. Nippy sweetie just wants the power and to continually fight for independence. Other than woe is me she hasn’t got the brains or team behind her to sell it to the country. She can’t sell how great this country will be, she spends her time telling us about the big bad boys in London. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Correct, but we had one to leave and said no so crying about now is hollow having done largely nowt to advance the vision since then.

I want(ed) Scotland to be independent as I saw it as the chance for us to go it alone as a united, brave and modern sovereign country. I've always hated the insular, divided, poor me culture in Scotland and put that down to the effect the UK had on us. It isn't the UK though, it's Scotland. For all the UK's failings the only people who can make Scotland better are the people living in Scotland. We were given that chance and blew it. Since that day I've realised the small minded, insular folk with a chip on their shoulder are actually by and large those who are the vocal supporters of independence and rather than selling a  vision of what a united, modern and proud independent Scotland could look like, they just whine and look for someone else to blame whilst never looking inwardly; to the extent that on here they're now trying to paint themselves as akin to oppressed slaves...despite having been given the key to the shackles and instead dropping them down a drain. Even now, the UK is in total meltdown with Boris and Brexit yet where is the alternative? Where's the plan? Where's the date for another referendum? Nowhere, because it's easier to just blame someone else.

We're unable to make Scotland better due to restrictions placed on us by Westminster. Whether other people are smart enough to see that, I couldn't care less. The only way we can better ourselves is by leaving the UK.

30 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm sure Boris' 'tank topped bum boys' would wholeheartedly concur 👍 

I dont know any tank topped bumboys. 

8 minutes ago, Dazo said:

😂😂😂

True 

8 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I suppose it depends on what you want from a leader.

Corbyn was never ever ever going lead the Labour party to a general election victory. By that measure alone, I'd say he was not the right leader. Starmer's blandness and inoffensiveness makes him far more appealing. Surrounding himself with the right mix of people isn't a bad way to go.

Very true

6 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Excellent comment. 

31 minutes ago, Boab said:

Very true. Yes blandness sells it seems and Starmer has it in abundance. 

Adam_the_legend
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s true, the white paper was the greatest piece of fantasy fiction since Harry Potter came out. 

Politicians lie and spin. All of them. All of the time. 

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Wow. Fantastic summary. Well said . We are now a nation of " dependant victims" .  The supreme leader is clearly the head of this blaming culture of " poor us". Never stops bleating about it. Well do something about it then.  Name a date for an Indy . Irrespective of WM approval or try and get a legitimate Indy through the courts . Just get it done and lets settle it once and and for all . For  a real generation not a " Govan " generation. 

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

No but I don't want it to be decided by a party that I find equally as disgusting and as corrupt and greedy as the Tories. Hopefully Labour can have a resurgence but that's looking doubtful with that sop in charge.

I need real facts not fanciful promises to be able to make a decision.

Thats not going to happen so if it's a case of stick or twist then at least sticking means I have an idea of my financial situation when I eventually retire.

Once we get independance i dont expect us to be soley governed by the SNP, they are a vehicle to get independance. Most people i know when independance comes will look to other parties and independants to vote for. People should understand that independance is not only about the SNP other parties support it. Also the real fact is that the Tory government is destroying this country for their own personal gain and you, your children and grandchildren will be paying for all this without any say in the matter. 

3 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

We're unable to make Scotland better due to restrictions placed on us by Westminster. Whether other people are smart enough to see that, I couldn't care less. The only way we can better ourselves is by leaving the UK.

What would be the first 3 things you'd do to make Scotland better that are currently prevented by Westminster?

And nothing in Scotland can be improved without independence? Not one thing?

2 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Once we get independance i dont expect us to be soley governed by the SNP, they are a vehicle to get independance. Most people i know when independance comes will look to other parties and independants to vote for. People should understand that independance is not only about the SNP other parties support it. Also the real fact is that the Tory government is destroying this country for their own personal gain and you, your children and grandchildren will be paying for all this without any say in the matter. 

I get that but my concern is that we don't know what constraints the newly Independent government regardless of party will be working under due to independence. The SNP want independence but have no interest after that. That concerns me.

It is possible to despise both these parties and hope for better than either can offer.