More Tory lies

aussieh

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Well he's already making some form of excuses really about the event. I'm betting it'll be more around  " the pressures of the time got to us, we had to let off some steam after all we got a world beating vaccination programme etc. saved many lives due to that".  That's how it will now be reframed. 

No chance of that at all. They can't come out with that when the obvious retort is that that was the same for the whole country, let alone NHS staff. That would be political suicide.

• Replies 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, sadj said:

Sky News still going with Bojo apologises. 

They are but Beth Rigby is ripping his grovel apart. 

dobmisterdobster
21 minutes ago, sadj said:

Fair play - 2 years Starmer has avoided saying resign. Today he actually said it.

Corbyn said it every other week until everybody stopped paying attention. Starmer knows what he is doing.

4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

They are but Beth Rigby is ripping his grovel apart. 

Yh she was not taking any prisoners. Was impressed with her there. Iv had sky news on since his statement. Be interesting to see the narrative over the afternoon then tomorrow

Just now, dobmisterdobster said:

Corbyn said it every other week until everybody stopped paying attention. Starmer knows what he is doing.

Yh , not Blackfords biggest fan as he asks for it every week too. However I think with Starmer coming out with it today it will resonate as opposed to as you say Corbyns weekly spraff

His advisers obviously think the charge of misleading parliament had a chance of sticking to the cowpat,  hence the 'fessing up and the "oh.. I gathered it was a work thing".

Now it's,  I was there.  Briefly.  Thunked it was work,  therefore allowed.  Fastest vaccine but.

Lessons will be learned.  Let's move on.  

This would be a resignation storm for Labour, whipped up by our right wing media. But not here. And that's the simple difference. So, BBC etc can waffle all they want trying to ignore such elephants in the room, instead suggesting such things  as charisma, but they are kidding themselves (for whatever reason or from whatever vice their wothless analysis is stuck in)

Edited by Riccarton3

jack D and coke

Flip it around and the SG had a garden party same time…imagine the mess people would be in? :lol: 
Nothing sticks to that clown because of the demented media we have. 
It’s like there are just no standards anymore. 

8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

This would be a resignation storm for Labour, whipped up by our right wing media. But not here. And that's the simple difference. So, BBC etc can waffle all they want trying to ignore such elephants in the room, suggesting such things  as charisma, but they are kidding themselves (for whatever reason or from whatever vice their analysis is stuck in)

Tory politicians always get away with more than Labour. 

Been the case all my life and I'm in my seventies. 

Helps when you have a compliant press. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Flip it around and the SG had a garden party same time…imagine the mess people would be in? :lol: 

Standards are a restriction to greed and what you can achieve. It would be a weakness to have any so why bother. 

Horatio Caine
43 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Well he's already making some form of excuses really about the event. I'm betting it'll be more around  " the pressures of the time got to us, we had to let off some steam after all we got a world beating vaccination programme etc. saved many lives due to that".  That's how it will now be reframed. 

Aye, world beating vaccine programme, excellent health care etc etc.  Well, Boris, how come we've got the highest death toll in Europe?

Horatio Caine
14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

His advisers obviously think the charge of misleading parliament had a chance of sticking to the cowpat,  hence the 'fessing up and the "oh.. I gathered it was a work thing".

Now it's,  I was there.  Briefly.  Thunked it was work,  therefore allowed.  Fastest vaccine but.

Lessons will be learned.  Let's move on.  

Yeah, of course it was a work thing.  Haven't we all been invited to meetings on a warm early summer evening where we've been told to BYOB and where nibbles have been provided? Took Bojo 25 minutes to work out it wasn't a work thing.  Allegedly.

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Nicky got hounded just because she forgot to put her face mask back on after a friend wanted to speak to her inside a hall after she had left a funeral. 

Crime of the century according to those who have never ever done the same. 

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Tory politicians always get away with more than Labour. 

Been the case all my life and I'm in my seventies. 

Helps when you have a compliant press. 

When our national broadcaster muses over charisma and resilience it feeds into the electorate. May as well be a political broadcast. If his is the level of charisma we're at deemed beguiling, **** me, we must be in some state

7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Lord Moylan on sky news saying it was safer to be in the garden and all the guidance and rules mean there was maybe some confusion. 

I'll offer him the same response I gave Sturgeon.

Hypocritical and undermines his position to be able to tell us all what to do. That said he's now apologised, line under it and move on. Hopefully he's less lecturing going forwards.

Dennis Reynolds
9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

_116216312_scottish-sun.jpg

_122667110_thesun-nc.png

Forgetting to put a facemask on seems to be up there with holding multiple parties. 

1 minute ago, LMc said:

_122667110_thesun-nc.png

Forgetting to put a facemask on seems to be up there with holding multiple parties. 

Worth it to get a deek at that Dua Lipa photo but.  Filth in a dress (almost).  

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Hypocritical and undermines his position to be able to tell us all what to do. That said he's now apologised, line under it and move on. Hopefully he's less lecturing going forwards.

If all the people who were stopped by the Police and fined for taking part in 'illegal gatherings' offered sincere apologies do you think they would get their fines refunded ? 

After all I'm sure if they apologise we can then move on. 

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If all the people who were stopped by the Police and fined for taking part in 'illegal gatherings' offered sincere apologies do you think they would get their fines refunded ? 

After all I'm sure if they apologise we can then move on. 

Not really sure what that's got to do with what I've posted? It's up to the police to decide who they fine, for whatever reason (not one that makes sense to me) they decided not to fine those at this gathering.

Fine, or no fine I'm willing to accept his apology for his lapse in judgement the same as I did for NS. 

Equally I feel it's better the devil you know in terms of who may replace him.

9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Surely you are not comparing a momentary lapse in face mask procedure to hosting and attending drinks parties during the height of lockdown. 😂

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Surely you are not comparing a momentary lapse in face mask procedure to hosting and attending drinks parties during the height of lockdown. 😂

They both broke their own rules and undermined their authority to expect others to respect those rules.

I'm happy to forgive them both as I'm not, and wasn't bothered by either of their actions, my only chagrin comes only from the hypocrisy.

Edited by Taffin

46 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

This would be a resignation storm for Labour, whipped up by our right wing media. But not here. And that's the simple difference. So, BBC etc can waffle all they want trying to ignore such elephants in the room, instead suggesting such things  as charisma, but they are kidding themselves (for whatever reason or from whatever vice their wothless analysis is stuck in)

Facts.

9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

They both broke their own rules and undermined their authority to expect others to respect those rules.

I'm happy to forgive them both as I'm not, and wasn't bothered by either of their actions, my only chagrin comes only from the hypocrisy.

Think I'll put you on ignore. 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Think I'll put you on ignore. 

So you engage with my post not directed at you, the don't like that I've got a different opinion than you when I offer a response, so you put me on ignore?

Seems logical. Crack on.

Anyone attending that party should be fired, and barred from ever holding public office again.

or any tax payer funded job for that matter.

even though I disagreed with a lot of the restrictions I stuck to them rigidly, no matter how stupid.

Footballfirst

Re the latest PPE court judgement:   According to Sky News

Matt Hancock welcomed the ruling as it found the department's procurement actions were justified.

...... and what the judgement said

jack D and coke
43 minutes ago, LMc said:

_122667110_thesun-nc.png

Well of course it is :lol: 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
49 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Aye, world beating vaccine programme, excellent health care etc etc.  Well, Boris, how come we've got the highest death toll in Europe?

And if we're being honest, the vaccines are the result of the scientists, not the politicians. Johnson wouldn't have had much input into the vaccine, other than saying it was needed.

jack D and coke
46 minutes ago, sadj said:

Lord Moylan on sky news saying it was safer to be in the garden and all the guidance and rules mean there was maybe some confusion. 

Haha Jesus man these people treat us like utter mugs. 

The Mighty Thor

Sir Roger Gale on LBC just now making an absolute Roger Hunt of himself. 

'he's doing his best' 

'got Brexit done'

'World beating'

WTF mate. Catch on to yourself. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
50 minutes ago, LMc said:

_122667110_thesun-nc.png

Simon Cowell is getting married 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

You'd rather have these gutless, spineless liars lording over us rather than govern ourselves! United Kingdumb.

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

You'd rather have these gutless, spineless liars lording over us rather than govern ourselves! United Kingdumb.

IM not agreeing with what they did. I am saying thats how they will spin it. Re read my comment ! 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

What about the party Carrie Johnson apparently threw in their house after getting rid of Cummings? Just days earlier! :lol:  Apologies just won’t wash man these people have ripped the absolute pish. 
He was denying these allegations not a few days ago…

Is it yet another case of “move on comrades”? 😂

Edited by jack D and coke

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

IM not agreeing with what they did. I am saying thats how they will spin it. Re read my comment ! 

It was meant as a generic comment from me. I've not watched that moron as at work. Wouldn't watch anyway. Just disappointing James that when it comes to put an X for Yes you'd put X for No knowing full well that these creatures hate us!

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Please tell me this is sarcasm. Surely not even the most brain dead of loyal tories can think he can continue

jack D and coke

This morning James O’Brien played the clip of Gove defending Cummings that I’d forgotten about. Gove bullshitting for his life actually saying he goes out in his car with his wife to test his eyesight :rofl: 

The reason they were defending Cummings is they’ve been up to no good themselves. 
What a ****ing shower man :lol: 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

What about the party Carrie Johnson apparently threw in their house after getting rid of Cummings? Just days earlier! :lol:  Apologies just won’t wash man these people have ripped the absolute pish. 
He was denying these allegations not a few days ago…

Is it yet another case of “move on comrades”? 😂

I'm just not bothered by it as I don't agree with the restrictions so I'm not offended by their actions. 

As I say, the only thing that grates on me is the hypocrisy of them doing what they want whilst telling others not to.

It would be hypocritical of me though to not accept his apology in the way I accepted Sturgeon's given (for me) they both irritated me in the same way.

Of course if someone is actually angry because of their actual actions rather than the hypocrisy then it's a very different ball game for them and Johnson is of course much worse. If I was of that line of thinking then I'd furious, but I'm not. A garden party sounds nice, if I had a garden then I may have been very tempted to do the same.

48 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable. Trying to link a 10 second delay in putting a mask on with having multiple illegal lockdown parties while people died alone. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I'm just not bothered by it as I don't agree with the restrictions so I'm not offended by their actions. 

As I say, the only thing that grates on me is the hypocrisy of them doing what they want whilst telling others not to.

It would be hypocritical of me though to not accept his apology in the way I accepted Sturgeon's given (for me) they both irritated me in the same way.

Of course if someone is actually angry because of their actual actions rather than the hypocrisy then it's a very different ball game for them and Johnson is of course much worse. If I was of that line of thinking then I'd furious, but I'm not. A garden party sounds nice, if I had a garden then I may have been very tempted to do the same.

Agreed. You’d have been fined though mate  :lol: 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

If you hung around long enough after Starmer was finished, you'd have heard one of the Tory backbenchers drop a none-too-subtle threat to the BBC that he's putting forward a 'defund the BBC' paper on Friday and invited Bozo to the pile on.

"Remember who holds the purse strings and say what we want you to say." Evil fokkers.

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Yeah, of course it was a work thing.  Haven't we all been invited to meetings on a warm early summer evening where we've been told to BYOB and where nibbles have been provided? Took Bojo 25 minutes to work out it wasn't a work thing.  Allegedly.

Maybe he only realised when Carrie complained that she was the only WAG at the do?

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

It’s the wee cults modus operandi 

swarm a different opinion with insults or put you on ignore and accuse you of not engaging - why would you 

absolute rockets 

You don’t engage because you’re unable. 
Keep posting wee brigadoon pics ya dingle. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Agreed. You’d have been fined though mate  :lol: 

Very true. Though it's not Johnson's fault he wasn't fined, that would be a question for the Met to answer I guess.

I P Knightley
7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Please tell me this is sarcasm. Surely not even the most brain dead of loyal tories can think he can continue

Apparently two thirds of the stupid fokkers still think he can continue.

He obviously shouldn't continue. Precedent has had hundred of MPs resign for far less and less frequent offences that Johnson has committed. However, if he clings on to the leadership, there's no way on earth that he'll get re-elected at the next GE. He'll be lucky to hold on to his constituency seat.

7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

It’s the wee cults modus operandi 

swarm a different opinion with insults or put you on ignore and accuse you of not engaging - why would you 

absolute rockets 

Since when did wishing to govern yourself become a cult? Are all countries people part of a cult?

11 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I don't think he can continue. 

It's not in my gift to decide whether he does, or doesn't. Having a party in his garden doesn't bother me a jot though. 

It bothers others though and seemingly to a level which will see his time as PM come to an end.

I think we may end up with someone even worse though, as hard as that is to believe.