More Tory lies

aussieh

I'm maybe misinterpreting how 'hoose jock' is being used but isn't it a pretty offensive thing and not to those it's currently being aimed at?

Also, if my understanding of its usage is correct isn't it applicable to the entirety of Scotland after we soiled ourselves in 2014?

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I heard it again today I’d forgotten about it. Incredible and funny as **** at the same time. 
I think it’s all defending the indefensible because he was probably doing big slugs off the cistern in the Downing Street kazis that night…

“Yes at times I go driving eh with my eh wife to eh test my eh eyesight” 

:rofl:

Little wonder his wife left him after being regularly used as a crash test dummy.

1 hour ago, dtgj said:

Labour apparently 10 ahead in the polls now:

Although I can't find the original YouGov info to know if polling was before or after BoJo's 'apology'. 

Nicola will be sitting with a big smug smile on her face watching the British establishment tearing itself to bits. The best advert for independence ever

Just now, XB52 said:

Nicola will be sitting with a big smug smile on her face watching the British establishment tearing itself to bits. The best advert for independence ever

It really is. You'd need to be a spectacularly poor leader with a cowardly population not to be able to convert the open goal. Hopefully we'll see this one tucked away without hitch.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

It really is. You'd need to be a spectacularly poor leader with a cowardly population not to be able to convert the open goal. Hopefully we'll see this one tucked away without hitch.

There is nothing cowardly about not willing to take a leap of faith with your pension, kids futures' or any other real life concerns.

For the vast majority that is the real stumbling block IMO. No one really gives a shit about what colour their passport is or what flag they supposedly live under.

Boris or Nicola ? What a fecking choice that is.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Cowpat has pulled out of today's engagements due to a family member testing positive.

Yeah,  right.

Hell be hiding in the fridge.

8 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

There is nothing cowardly about not willing to take a leap of faith with your pension, kids futures' or any other real life concerns.

For the vast majority that is the real stumbling block IMO. No one really gives a shit about what colour their passport is or what flag they supposedly live under.

A  bigger leap of faith than leaving it in the hands of the Tories and their Brexit debacle?

The more control you have the less of a leap of faith something is imo. Independence brings more control to the people of Scotland, currently those things you list are entirely in the hands of others and how they vote. 

I do get what you're saying though and agree that for some it would of course make them very uneasy due to the uncertainty. 

Anyway off topic, I apologise at that's my fault.

dobmisterdobster
29 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The Prime Minister throwing a party during Covid restrictions is the perfect reason to break up the country.

On Ross's call for the PM to resign.

"My instant response is that he (Douglas Ross) is in Elgin and the PM of the country is in London".

Michael Gove of Aberdeen.

:gok:

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

On Ross's call for the PM to resign.

"My instant response is that he (Douglas Ross) is in Elgin and the PM of the country is in London".

Michael Gove of Aberdeen.

:gok:

Gove probably thinks wee fat blame it on the boogie is a daft sweaty as well :lol: 

970FC4A9-DDD6-48C9-904E-A32CAD16FD70.jpeg

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

The Prime Minister throwing a party during Covid restrictions is the perfect reason to break up the country.

I think you misunderstood the point. It was about the British establishment tearing itself to bits. Something along the lines of the party of law and order pretending not to understand what laws mean and thinking the laws don't apply to them. Watching some of them try to scramble on to the moral high ground and others try to defend the indefensible. Partying long into the night to deliver the largest Covid death toll in Western Europe and counting the illegally acquired proceeds from your sponsors PPE contracts while toasting the mother of a nonce. Makes you proud to be British.

Just about the lowest pensions and the highest levels of inequality in the western world but keep voting Tory (red or blue) to save us from ourselves. I'll miss Boris when he's gone and the broad shoulders of the union.

Spitonastranger
2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

For your kids future you want to be tied to this lot :bwcornette:

Spitonastranger
2 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

only one of many reasons, but you know that. 

4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Whilst at the same time singling out Scotland's Governor General, Alister Jack, for being a proper Hoose Jock and quietly taking the Westminster boaby from his betters. Just like one should.

image-23-10-21-06-56-2.gif

27 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Gove probably thinks wee fat blame it on the boogie is a daft sweaty as well :lol: 

970FC4A9-DDD6-48C9-904E-A32CAD16FD70.jpeg

Not a hint of sweat and ****ing car key in his hand

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You’d think running would get rid of those paps too 😂

Edited by jack D and coke

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Brandon Lewis, Governor General for Norn Iron is today's poor ***** out defending the indefensible.

Complete wibble.

Interestingly arch fat Tory and heart attack in waiting, Nick Ferrari, is laying into Duggie and the Hoose Jocks for calling Spaffer out. 

Hes vile 

3 hours ago, dtgj said:

Yes, I guess we'll see what it builds to in the local council elections in May. 

It would be interesting to see the stats for Scotland specifically. Especially since Rees-Mogg's trashing of the Scottish Tories. 

Rees Mogg was hardly an election asset up here

3 hours ago, Dazo said:

I think they may well take a bit of doing in those elections. Conservatives are done in Scotland for the moment anyway. Terrible leader at the moment so can’t see too much changing. 

as above

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

I'm maybe misinterpreting how 'hoose jock' is being used but isn't it a pretty offensive thing and not to those it's currently being aimed at?

Also, if my understanding of its usage is correct isn't it applicable to the entirety of Scotland after we soiled ourselves in 2014?

I just find it humoruous really but it is meant to be an insult regarding people who actually are making up their own minds about a certain issue. Tragic that they are maligned because of that view. I thought we were in a democracy. 

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's just an innocent photo of him mincing about around children.

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

R (7).gif

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

This is how some of these people down south view northerners. 
Imagine what they think of you daft sweatys :lol: 

FF195DB4-B006-4B11-89C9-F6A5DD4C71E1.jpeg

Kinda similar to how i describe her last night .. :) I must add him to my twitter " mates" :) 

If you want to see the best " fishewives" debate. Look no further than this car crash . They might have well been arguing about whos turn it was to wash the stair for all i know. 

Sturgeon v Lamont 

They should have come clean at the start. Because they denied doing anything wrong for so long it's harder to give a reliable explanation that people will trust. 

And because there is probably more to come.

It's not just the politicians. Civil servants were at events. And the Police who provide security will have known also. 

Good luck coming up with a reliable explanation. I think the best option is just to backdate Downing Street with parallel universe status. 

Adam_the_legend

Yes, a pretty abhorrent appropriation of a highly offensive term used to describe  African Americans during the slavery era. Comparing it with calling NS nippy or elsie is also ridiculous. Racist/bigoted terms like that should not be accepted on here imo. 

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Correct .  Most sensible people will look outside the prism of having a border and our own passport and think about how Indy may impact on our daily lives for a long time. Not just a month or so but for years and what opportunities or lack of opportunities it might curtail for our children and grand children. The furlough " tax" and Brexit are also going to make the economic carnage even worse. Anyway off topic. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

If you want to see the best " fishewives" debate. Look no further than this car crash . They might have well been arguing about whos turn it was to wash the stair for all i know. 

Sturgeon v Lamont 

Pretty funny that was :lol: 

Lamont was the start of Labour completely imploding up here. 
Worse and worse until we now have Anus Sarwar. 
Id take Angela Raynor in a minute. 

Or less.. :lol: 

Lord Montpelier

I was raised in various grim parts of Northern England and fully agree with the first paragraph

6 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Yes, a pretty abhorrent appropriation of a highly offensive term used to describe  African Americans during the slavery era. Comparing it with calling NS nippy or elsie is also ridiculous. Racist/bigoted terms like that should not be accepted on here imo. 

I try to laugh it off but your completely right really. The underlying intention is to demean those who have an opposing opinion about a particular issue. 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Pretty funny that was :lol: 

Lamont was the start of Labour completely imploding up here. 
Worse and worse until we now have Anus Sarwar. 
Id take Angela Raynor in a minute. 

Or less.. :lol: 

\it descended into chaos. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I was raised in various grim parts of Northern England and fully agree with the first paragraph

Yes have people forgot that only a few weeks before that the Tory  MP was murdered she was calling Tories " scum" and now she's some form of intellectual political giant ? Shes just a rent a gob. An agitator . 

I P Knightley
7 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

A9C7E763-3804-4121-854E-9A094AAD33E2.jpeg

It looks like he's just getting to the end of his "IT lesson" with Jennifer Arcuri.

I just heard a clip of the haunted victorian pencil setting the ground for an excuse that, should Sue Gray find that he broke the lockdown rules, it's not Bozo's fault but the fault of the rules being too difficult to follow. That's a can of worms they probably don't want to open. (1) who wrote the rules? (2) what about everyone else who's been fined for breaking those rules?

Regardless of the findings about him attending the party with his wife which was definitely not a work event as we've all seen the invitation, he remains guilty of having lied about abiding by the rules.

The Mighty Thor
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Yes have people forgot that only a few weeks before that the Tory  MP was murdered she was calling Tories " scum" and now she's some form of intellectual political giant ? Shes just a rent a gob. An agitator . 

She appears to be being proven right in her judgement of that shower by the day.

You only have to look at them all shuffling out onto Twitter/Radio/TV to trash their reputations and morals to defend a man that has been sacked for lying from just about every job he ever had.

I think Angela Rayner is great. It's good to see a strong, opinionated woman at the heart of front line politics. I struggle to see how anyone could have an issue with that. 

A  bigger leap of faith than leaving it in the hands of the Tories and their Brexit debacle?

The more control you have the less of a leap of faith something is imo. Independence brings more control to the people of Scotland, currently those things you list are entirely in the hands of others and how they vote. 

I do get what you're saying though and agree that for some it would of course make them very uneasy due to the uncertainty. 

Anyway off topic, I apologise at that's my fault.

Just answer  these questions when they’re asked next time. If there’s a lesson learned from the last indyref it’s gotta be that 

Will we still be part of uk currency?

Yes here’s the proof or no we’ll join the euro

What will happen with pensions?

This

Last time the fudging and humming and ha-ing was just a gimme for the better togethers

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

She appears to be being proven right in her judgement of that shower by the day.

You only have to look at them all shuffling out onto Twitter/Radio/TV to trash their reputations and morals to defend a man that has been sacked for lying from just about every job he ever had.

I think Angela Rayner is great. It's good to see a strong, opinionated woman at the heart of front line politics. I struggle to see how anyone could have an issue with that. 

Language and its use can have great power and influence with people. Calling a particular group of people " scum" can,  and probably does encourage hate and hate can lead to violence

Incredible to think she said this in November.

"We all have to reflect on what we say, online and offline, and how that is seen by the people in the public and how sometimes that could be seen as hurtful.”

Labour's Angela Rayner doubles down on support for trans people (pinknews.co.uk)

She's no "ally"  to me or many people i know, 

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I try to laugh it off but your completely right really. The underlying intention is to demean those who have an opposing opinion about a particular issue. 

And Nazi, nippoloen, shortbread senate, cult member etc etc blah blah isnt? 
Relentlessy mock their own people and country but one wee uncle tam and it’s 

:shockio:
I remember someone’s analogy comparing unionists to play acting footballers. All full of total shithousery then the slightest touch and they’re rolling around like neymar feigning injury claiming everyone is a “cybernat” :lol:

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think Angela Rayner is great.

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's good to see a strong, opinionated woman at the heart of front line politics

I don't see people as people  as their sex so its completely irrelevant to me if she is a woman or a man. It what people say or believe in which is more important to me and how they conduct themselves in public life. 

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Yeah I can imagine bud It’s well known how the north is viewed by these sorts. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Language and its use can have great power and influence with people. Calling a particular group of people " scum" can,  and probably does encourage hate and hate can lead to violence

"We all have to reflect on what we say, online and offline, and how that is seen by the people in the public and how sometimes that could be seen as hurtful.”

Labour's Angela Rayner doubles down on support for trans people (pinknews.co.uk)

perhaps if the good folks in Government applied the following then they wouldn't be in the mess they are?

I'm sure there's many of the bereaved and those who couldn't see loved ones for a long time feel hurt by the actions of Johnson and his gang of criminals.

I'm not really sure of the relevance to the link you posted nor what it's telling me?

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

perhaps if the good folks in Government applied the following then they wouldn't be in the mess they are?

I'm sure there's many of the bereaved and those who couldn't see loved ones for a long time feel hurt by the actions of Johnson and his gang of criminals.

I'm not really sure of the relevance to the link you posted nor what it's telling me?

Its saying she a hypocrite. Just as much as any Tory. 

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I must say anyone who uses "was you" immediately gets on my goat 😂

1 hour ago, Spitonastranger said:

For your kids future you want to be tied to this lot :bwcornette:

No but I don't want it to be decided by a party that I find equally as disgusting and as corrupt and greedy as the Tories. Hopefully Labour can have a resurgence but that's looking doubtful with that sop in charge.

I need real facts not fanciful promises to be able to make a decision.

Thats not going to happen so if it's a case of stick or twist then at least sticking means I have an idea of my financial situation when I eventually retire.

17 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

And Nazi, nippoloen, shortbread senate, cult member etc etc blah blah isnt? 
Relentlessy mock their own people and country but one wee uncle tam and it’s 

:shockio:
I remember someone’s analogy comparing unionists to play acting footballers. All full of total shithousery then the slightest touch and they’re rolling around like neymar feigning injury claiming everyone is a “cybernat” :lol:

It's not offensive to supposed Unionists...it's offensive as it's being used in a way to elicit comparisons between Scots and slaves which is totally disingenuous. Hardly comparable to shortbread senate or cult member.

I don't remember American slaves choosing to be in their circumstances.

Nazi, I'll give you though.

Edited by Taffin

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's not offensive to supposed Unionists...it's offensive as it's being used in a way to elicit comparisons between Scots and slaves which is totally disingenuous. Hardly comparable to shortbread senate or cult member.

I don't remember American slaves choosing to be in their circumstances.

Nazi, I'll give you though.

These were just the ones off the top of my head. It’s relentless mocking and snidey insinuations yet uncle tam seems off limits. 
I find it amusing tbh. 

Edited by jack D and coke