Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cracking smoking rooms too, I think they’re supposed to be toilets, you know the ones you have to walk up a hundred steps to get to if you’re at the front? Ever tried getting back from there to the city centre after a game? 

A bit like the Tynecastle toilets, and aye I've been to Hampden many times.  Easy peasy getting back to city centre, three different train stations to pick from and umpteen bus services.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 13/08/2020 at 17:13, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

image.jpeg.cbbd68e5b6334acf40251be5332956f5.jpeg

Back in 1978, Aberdeen’s Pittodrie Stadium became the first all covered, all-seater stadium in Britain.  

It isn't all covered though.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

A bit like the Tynecastle toilets, and aye I've been to Hampden many times.  Easy peasy getting back to city centre, three different train stations to pick from and umpteen bus services.

I don’t think there’s anywhere near as many steps to get to the toilets and haven’t smelt any fag smoke in the new stand yet. 
Yeah there’s nobody else getting on those trains and buses at that time, lovely mixing with old firm fans with kids or older people. It’s a shitehole in a cesspit that only you can’t see. 

Pasquale for King
On 23/01/2021 at 12:34, JDK2020 said:

You're having a laugh surely? Hampden is neither one thing nor another. It remains a monument to the incompetence of the SFA. It is a soulless bowl and testimony to the fact that the footballing authorities were more interested in their own stature and payslips, and still are.

There were rumours a while back that certain factions were envisaging a scenario whereby Hampden was to be sold off and another stadium - let's say to the east of the city - would be offered up to serve as national stadium.

Spot on. 
Lots of better national teams than ours don’t have a national stadium that waste resources. We have plenty of stadiums that can take turns in having games that spreads the money throughout the country but that doesn’t suit the weegies. The uglies can toss a coin to see who hosts the first cup Semi or final between the two and alternate from then on, doesn’t happen that often these days anyway. 

fabienleclerq
On 22/01/2021 at 20:10, Chuck Berry said:

There's nothing wrong with Hampden. An outdated design? Yes. A dump? Far from it. 

As for Pittodrie, apart from one stand that IS a dump, and their new stadium is an absolute pipe dream.

Hampden is shite, the stands aren't steep enough, the facilities are crap. Last time we were there they didn't accept card payments and were punting stuff from tables like a car boot. 

The view is terrible, aye its got stations close to it but the queues go forever. No direct trains to any other big cities either. 

Out of the four big stadiums we have it's by far the worst. 

On 24/01/2021 at 13:31, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think there’s anywhere near as many steps to get to the toilets and haven’t smelt any fag smoke in the new stand yet. 
Yeah there’s nobody else getting on those trains and buses at that time, lovely mixing with old firm fans with kids or older people. It’s a shitehole in a cesspit that only you can’t see. 

Let's repeat for the hard of thinking.

People smoke in the toilets at Tynecastle, but that doesnt make it a shithole.  Number of steps to get to a toilet doesn't make a stadium a shithole, transport links (even though they are good) doesn't make a stadium a shitehole.

Hampden is an old, outdated design, but it's far from being a shithole (and I have been to a whole load in Europe and elsewhere), that's why they hold Euro 2020 and European Club Finals there with a 5 star rating.

On 24/01/2021 at 13:36, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on. 
Lots of better national teams than ours don’t have a national stadium that waste resources. We have plenty of stadiums that can take turns in having games that spreads the money throughout the country but that doesn’t suit the weegies. The uglies can toss a coin to see who hosts the first cup Semi or final between the two and alternate from then on, doesn’t happen that often these days anyway. 

"Spread games throughout the country", that old one.  We can't, none are big enough to host Scotland games apart from Murrayfield, but if you want to hand rugby a wad of football cash then fair enough.

Pittodrie can't hold matches, and Tynecastle, Easter Road and Killie aren't big enough for anything other than for low key friendlies.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

"Spread games throughout the country", that old one.  We can't, none are big enough to host Scotland games apart from Murrayfield, but if you want to hand rugby a wad of football cash then fair enough.

Pittodrie can't hold matches, and Tynecastle, Easter Road and Killie aren't big enough for anything other than for low key friendlies.

Let’s be honest Hampden isn’t exactly sold out on a regular basis for Scotland games. 

Just now, Tazio said:

Let’s be honest Hampden isn’t exactly sold out on a regular basis for Scotland games. 

It generally is.  Scotland games normally attract 25,000+ for Euro and WC qualifiers.  They have dipped a bit recently for Nations League games but very rarely are there competitive games below 20,000, less than a small handful in the last 20 years.

9 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

It generally is.  Scotland games normally attract 25,000+ for Euro and WC qualifiers.  They have dipped a bit recently for Nations League games but very rarely are there competitive games below 20,000, less than a small handful in the last 20 years.

So generally manages to crack 50% capacity? 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

So generally manages to crack 50% capacity? 

Well between Euro2004 and WC2018 qualifying, so 8 World Cup and Euro campaigns, the average fell below 40,000 only twice, that was WC2014 and 2018 which was 37k/35k. In Euro2008 qualifying we average 50k, sell outs every game. We're one of the top Euro nations for crowds.

Now that the SFA own Hampden, that is where competitive games will always be played.

On 22/01/2021 at 17:13, Smith's right boot said:

I like Ibrox and celtic Park. 

Celtic Park is better inside tho, Ibrox is older. 

Scotland games at both them were better than at Hampden imo. 

Aberdeen out of the "top clubs" is the worst, it is the oldest tho. 

Shite hole. 

Aberdeen need what's coming to them. They must have spent the absolute bare minimum keeping that hovel of a stadium just good enough to get a safety certificate. The rest of us have invested over the years. 

5 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

20,000 or even 25,000 at Hampden is hardly a sell out. 😏

Aberdeen financial crisis laid bare as Dons to apply for government bailout loan amid 2021 lockout fears - Daily Record

Aberdeen are set to apply for a Government crisis loan as fears grow that fans may not be back inside Scottish football grounds by the start of next season.

Record Sport understands chairman Dave Cormack will press the button on the emergency bailout once the final details of the terms and conditions are finally cleared up.

But as the Covid crisis deepens across the game League One and League Two are preparing for at least another month of lockdown - with clubs in the Highland and Lowland Leagues now on the verge of declaring the current campaign null and void.

All 12 top flight clubs can claim around £1.7million of funding from Holyrood in order to survive without match day income but not a penny of that £20m pot has been released despite weeks of talks between the Government and SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell.

However, those discussions are now at an advanced stage and Aberdeen will be among the first to accept the financial package as the crippling financial consequences of the coronavirus pandemic begin to bite hard.

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Aberdeen financial crisis laid bare as Dons to apply for government bailout loan amid 2021 lockout fears - Daily Record

Aberdeen are set to apply for a Government crisis loan as fears grow that fans may not be back inside Scottish football grounds by the start of next season.

Record Sport understands chairman Dave Cormack will press the button on the emergency bailout once the final details of the terms and conditions are finally cleared up.

But as the Covid crisis deepens across the game League One and League Two are preparing for at least another month of lockdown - with clubs in the Highland and Lowland Leagues now on the verge of declaring the current campaign null and void.

All 12 top flight clubs can claim around £1.7million of funding from Holyrood in order to survive without match day income but not a penny of that £20m pot has been released despite weeks of talks between the Government and SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell.

However, those discussions are now at an advanced stage and Aberdeen will be among the first to accept the financial package as the crippling financial consequences of the coronavirus pandemic begin to bite hard.

a club spending beyond their means. They were in no position to sign Hayes with a wage bill that high, and they were in no position to spend £350k on McCrorie..  now they are faced with paying that bill and back pay for players they promised to re-imbuese.  Dave Cormack is loaded as well but clearly isn’t interested in spending his own money. 

its scenarios like this which should make us realise how lucky we are to have such stable backing

21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Dave Cormack is loaded as well but clearly isn’t interested in spending his own money. 

He may on paper have some money but how is he with readies? And at a time like this worldwide does he really want to spunk any ready cash he has on a football club that is earning zilch ? I don't there is a money man around, other than our very own, who is keen on spending their own cash at the moment... they never got a health bank balance spending their own money!

I seem to recall something a few years back about the main stand up there sinking so they had to build a new ground.  Did I dream that?

3 minutes ago, Jambo83 said:

I seem to recall something a few years back about the main stand up there sinking so they had to build a new ground.  Did I dream that?

Dunno but another reason for re-titling this thread "Aberdeen's Dream Stadium"?

The Scottish Football Association is close to agreeing a deal with the Scottish government that will give Premiership clubs access to interest-free loans of around £1.6m.

The borrowed money would be repayable over a period of up to 20 years with no repayment due until 2022 at the earliest.

A £20m package to support top-flight clubs was announced on 10 December.

Details of any securities clubs will use to secure the loans remain unclear.

However, once applications are made, the funds could be in bank accounts in a matter of weeks.

9 hours ago, CJGJ said:

The Scottish Football Association is close to agreeing a deal with the Scottish government that will give Premiership clubs access to interest-free loans of around £1.6m.

The borrowed money would be repayable over a period of up to 20 years with no repayment due until 2022 at the earliest.

A £20m package to support top-flight clubs was announced on 10 December.

Details of any securities clubs will use to secure the loans remain unclear.

However, once applications are made, the funds could be in bank accounts in a matter of weeks.

Easily manageable for SPL clubs at £80k/year with the only issue being of a club went down the leagues and their income dropped as dramatically. 

On 22/01/2021 at 18:48, dougc said:

You really couldn’t make this up !

One of the major reasons given for the relocation to the West was they needed to have a stadium and training complex together.

if they go down the route the council are supposedly suggesting they’ll end up with a superb new training complex at Westhill and a new build stadium at the beach.

No idea why the "Needed" to have the stadium and training complex together.

Hearts, Celtic, Ranger and Hibs don't, and neither do many many others 🤷‍♂️

Pasquale for King
On 25/01/2021 at 15:42, Chuck Berry said:

On 25/01/2021 at 15:39, Chuck Berry said:

Let's repeat for the hard of thinking.

People smoke in the toilets at Tynecastle, but that doesnt make it a shithole.  Number of steps to get to a toilet doesn't make a stadium a shithole, transport links (even though they are good) doesn't make a stadium a shitehole.

Hampden is an old, outdated design, but it's far from being a shithole (and I have been to a whole load in Europe and elsewhere), that's why they hold Euro 2020 and European Club Finals there with a 5 star rating.

As I said I haven’t seen or smell smoke in the main stand recently. 

So for the semi final versus ICT in 2019 we were at the back in the seats on the actual concourse level. 
Same seats in the final at the other end,seats were on a wooden plinth? Weird design failure. 
After the LC semi with Rangers in 2019 we decided to let their lovely fans get away and stay in one of the few pubs to watch the EPL game then come back. Have you ever tried to get a taxi at that time there, Hampden taxis didn’t have anything in the area 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️? Couldn’t get one anywhere, finally caught one at the bus stop and it was basically a van with windows and lights on. Asked us if we were going on holiday, no luggage just Hearts scarves 😆🙈. Dropped us nowhere near the entrance and we barely caught the train as the doors closed. 

As for crowds take it to the uglies grounds if they crowd is too big and it must be kept in that shithole of a city, a full Tynecastle or ER is better than 30k in Hampden. Other countries like Spain/Italy/Holland/Germany/Argentina/Brazil don’t have national stadiums. 

Apologies for the late reply I’ve been on an enforced sabbatical

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So for the semi final versus ICT in 2019 we were at the back in the seats on the actual concourse level. 
Same seats in the final at the other end,seats were on a wooden plinth? Weird design failure. 
After the LC semi with Rangers in 2019 we decided to let their lovely fans get away and stay in one of the few pubs to watch the EPL game then come back. Have you ever tried to get a taxi at that time there, Hampden taxis didn’t have anything in the area 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️? Couldn’t get one anywhere, finally caught one at the bus stop and it was basically a van with windows and lights on. Asked us if we were going on holiday, no luggage just Hearts scarves 😆🙈. Dropped us nowhere near the entrance and we barely caught the train as the doors closed. 

As for crowds take it to the uglies grounds if they crowd is too big and it must be kept in that shithole of a city, a full Tynecastle or ER is better than 30k in Hampden. Other countries like Spain/Italy/Holland/Germany/Argentina/Brazil don’t have national stadiums. 

On remand ?

On 01/02/2021 at 14:02, Pasquale for King said:

You're advocating locking out 10k fans just so we don't play at Hampden?

Enjoy yer night.

• 4 weeks later...
Pasquale for King
On 05/02/2021 at 20:07, Chuck Berry said:

You're advocating locking out 10k fans just so we don't play at Hampden?

Enjoy yer night.

Only for the smaller games, the bigger games can not only be played at better stadiums but at Celtic Park so more Tartan Army ******s can go. Imagine wanting Hearts and Edinburgh in general to make some extra money off these games with our new facilities eh, what am I thinking 🤪🙈?!?! 

I don't mind Hampden. I used to go to a lot of Scotland games growing up and enjoyed the day out Hearts never got their until 2004 Celtic Scottish cup semi final well apart from some friendly's v Queens Park and a youth cup match Darren Golide scored a few in so yeah I used love going. 

I think bringing the stands in behind the goals would be ideal even a reduce in capacity if it had to be done to about 40k then work with SRU if there was big Scotland games to then play them at Murrayfield - It will never happen . Folk moaning about their views at Hampden and how bad it is the last few times I have been to Murrayfield it hasn't been any better 

Hampden will never get rid of the track behind goals in the hope Scotland can host another Commonwealth games.

Edited by Stu_HMFC

gorgie rd eh11

Hampden is a dump. Crap views, crap atmosphere, crap transport links. At one time it at least had adequate capacity, but now it can't even claim that.

Aberdeen hope to move into their new stadium for the 2019/20 season, how is that going?

The way it was explained to me by someone ITK is Aberdeen have zero chance of their dream of a new stadium. Cormack could never raise the money required, and even though the council offered to contribute it just wouldn't be enough. Milne is desperate for the land on which Pittodrie stands but he may have to wait for quite some time.

Real shame. 😏

Unknown user
5 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

The way it was explained to me by someone ITK is Aberdeen have zero chance of their dream of a new stadium. Cormack could never raise the money required, and even though the council offered to contribute it just wouldn't be enough. Milne is desperate for the land on which Pittodrie stands but he may have to wait for quite some time.

Real shame. 😏

They always had zero chance of building that stadium, it was fanciful bollocks from the get go.

• 5 months later...
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Shocked by this news. Aberdeen looking at a site next to Pittodrie.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-58261691

The fact that this news arrives 5 months after the last post on this thread tells you all you need to know of the chances of this happening.

It is more likely that the FOH becoming the majority shareholders of HMFC has prompted the sheep to come out with a statement to try and show that they are still really really important and relevant to Scottish Football. BAH BAH BAH 

RustyRightPeg
22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Shocked by this news. Aberdeen looking at a site next to Pittodrie.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-58261691

Ties in with the rumours I’ve heard.

Aberdeen council following a similar plan to Dundee in upgrading the waterfront and want to keep the football stadium central to these plans.

Edited by RustyRightPeg

Aberdeen are bloody lucky they didn't go ahead with starting that Kingsford Stadium, COVID would have killed them off if they were having to pay for that without any income.

Their new "new stadium" will go the same way as the old one.  Nowhere.

53 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Ties in with the rumours I’ve heard.

Aberdeen council following a similar plan to Dundee in upgrading the waterfront and want to keep the football stadium central to these plans.

Guessing the council have offered to provide funding towards the cost of the stadium

The link to the plans on that story are worth the read, particularly the drawings clearly drawn by Scott Brown using his favourite crayons.

And i see they envisage a Tunnel Club where you can see the players before they enter the pitch.

gorgie rd eh11

Remember the stick we got for being a few weeks late in  the opening of a stand that had a very tight construction window.

Their new stadium is years late, construction hasn't even started.

3 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Remember the stick we got for being a few weeks late in  the opening of a stand that had a very tight construction window.

RustyRightPeg
25 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

Guessing the council have offered to provide funding towards the cost of the stadium

yep

adambraejambo

"A new stadium at the beach, as part of an integrated approach to leisure and community amenities"

lol bet it a plastic pitch.

Byyy The Light
58 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

People would do well to remember this!

1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

"Sir Alex" will cut the ribbon at the official opening ceremony from his wheelchair reeking of pish. The 98 year old legend was quoted as saying "where am I" to his carer who told him to "behave, it's almost time for your lunch".

All roads lead to Gorgie

Building a stadium even closer to a storm lashed sea seems a good idea!

allystrachan

Everyone being negative to this is the same as what we received when upgrading Tyne. I’m glad to see other clubs investing in modernising stadium & facilities, it can only be good for Scottish football. (Unless it causes them to go bust)

1 minute ago, allystrachan said:

Everyone being negative to this is the same as what we received when upgrading Tyne. I’m glad to see other clubs investing in modernising stadium & facilities, it can only be good for Scottish football. (especially it causes them to go bust)

FTFY