• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like Bournemouth's ground. They're also putting in a museum and memorial  garden. Wonder where they took that idea from?

No mention of dates of when they see it happening.

...looks like Livingston's!

Shallow looking stands, set back from the pitch. Five miles outside of Aberdeen. Meh.

http://www.afc.co.uk/mobile/news/8808.php

Does look quite Tony Macaroni. I think they will lose a fair bit of character with this thing. Pit-tawdry (one for the JKB veterans) is not an attractive stadium, but it is in an absolutely stunning location, and its historic and full of character.

Frankly everything about their proposed move reeks of mediocrity and decline. Aberdeen have been horseshit for so many years since their brief glory period, moving to new home will consign all of that to history. This is their Coventry/St Mirren moment approaching... and it ain't going to be cheap.

:pleasing:

Looks like Bournemouth's ground. They're also putting in a museum and memorial garden. Wonder where they took that idea from?

No mention of dates of when they see it happening.

Hibs have also just started stadium tours.

Jambo, Goodbye

Scottish clubs investing in new infrastructure can't be a bad thing all round. It might turn out decent. Anything that helps the non-OF clubs grow is fine by me.

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

Must have pop concerts in mind if they're putting in 20,000 seats.

They'd need to resurrect Jimmy Shand to sell that many tickets up there for a concert...!

Scottish clubs investing in new infrastructure can't be a bad thing all round. It might turn out decent. Anything that helps the non-OF clubs grow is fine by me.

Hmmmm... maybe. Look at it though? Imagine that was us... Nonplussed is an understatement.

Jambo, Goodbye

Hmmmm... maybe. Look at it though? Imagine that was us... Nonplussed is an understatement.

You're right, I'd hate to move there from Tynecastle. But maybe from their current pit some may see some benefits?

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

Gene Parmesan

Agree with this and the other observations about the design.

A great outward message from Scottish football that we're building a new stand and Aberdeen are building a new stadium. But I'm also quite happy that their's doesn't look all that impressive.

You're right, I'd hate to move there from Tynecastle. But maybe from their current pit can see the benefits.

Their current stadium is ugly and ramshackle, but it is in quite a nice area.

Lucille's Thirsty

It's not bad but why if your making a new ground would you not fill in the corners it's robbing them of more revenue?

Gene Parmesan

It's not bad but why if your making a new ground would you not fill in the corners it's robbing them of more revenue?

Is Kickback going to campaign to fill in *Aberdeen's* corners now? :lol:

Winston Ingram

Incredible Aberdeen still don't have their own training facility.

As for ?40 million... where are they planning on finding that?!

Looks a bit shit to be honest.

This is their rebuild and they are capping themselves are 20,000. Our story is different due to logistical reasons, but theirs I don't understand.

I guess they are run by a property developer who just wants to cash in on the land their current stadium is on and the footballing side is 2nd to all that?

Edited by kila

I am absolutely delighted we are staying at our spiritual home in the heart of our area of the city in a vibrant area with all the amenities you want before the game nearby. Being beside Haymarket is a also a bonus for all us who travel in from further afield.

As for Aberdeen's new ground. It is a souless bowl. Souless bowls near town centres are bad enough but ones in the middle of the countryside, on the edge of towns are awful. Shite transport links, no pubs. Oh well I'm sure there were will be a big Tesco beside the ground to keep fans amused before the game.

Edited by Cesny

One of the incentives will be to sit in a seat that has never been used......well maybe twice.

Shithole of a place.

It really isn't a nice place. I'm surprised more is not made of how totally shit a stadium it is.

Exterior - Metal-clad nod to the Royal Infirmary. No distinguishing features like an entrance or plaza.

Internal view - All the stands are scattered about the place at random distances from each other, and they are all metres from the pitch.

Stadium interior - Breezeblocks. Shite strip-lights. Breezeblocks. Breezeblocks.

It's like something from 1960's East Germany.

Why is everyone so bitter about everybody elses stadium? I actually think the new AFC stadium looks quite smart and doesn't need to be any bigger. An improvement, especially with the facilities. Access is great for away fans. Easter Road is not a terrible stadium either, certainly one of the best to visit in the country and fairly central. 

I obviously prefer ours to both of the above but I'm just glad we are going to have some decent stadiums in the league, been embarassing for a while.

Hopefully Kilmarnock downsize as their seats are too cramped and it is always empty, tannadice is OK if not a bit random and tacky looking. Would like to see a Dundee community stadium but can't see them ground sharing. Dens is a weird-shaped dump. Motherwell is probably my least favorite of the lot in design, all stands so different. ICt Ross County and Hamilton are just embarrassingly small but decent championship level grounds.

It really isn't a nice place. I'm surprised more is not made of how totally shit a stadium it is.

Exterior - Metal-clad nod to the Royal Infirmary. No distinguishing features like an entrance or plaza.

Internal view - All the stands are scattered about the place at random distances from each other, and they are all metres from the pitch.

Stadium interior - Breezeblocks. Shite strip-lights. Breezeblocks. Breezeblocks.

It's like something from 1960's East Germany.

:2thumbsup:  Tremendous use of imagery.

I am absolutely delighted we are staying at our spiritual home in the heart of our area of the city in a vibrant area with all the amenities you want before the game nearby. Being beside Haymarket is a also a bonus for all us who travel in from further afield.

As for Aberdeen's new ground. It is a souless bowl. Souless bowls near town centres are bad enough but ones in the middle of the countryside, on the edge of towns are awful. Shite transport links, no pubs. Oh well I'm sure there were will be a big Tesco beside the ground to keep fans amused before the game.

There is, but that's about all there is in Westhill from what I remember. I used to visit offices there a lot for work and there's not much to it. 

Actually, I think there was maybe also a Subway sandwiches and a Travel Inn/Premier Inn sort of place too. Great. :laugh:

It's in a strange location and I'm glad it doesn't look particularly great either given our own current plans, but as others mentioned, it is good to see another club doing something about stadia. It sends a good strong message about the game up here. It's definitely no Tynecastle though. 

Looks pish, an improvement on the pish they have just now, but that wouldn't be hard.

Not sure how aware you are of the geography of Aberdeen. Probably more than me. I have to say though, if they were building their new stadium on the site of Pit-tawdry, I would agree. If that was the case, they would still have their history to attach to the new Wetherspoons Bowl.

That meh stadium away from the coast-side setting of their current stadium is an awful plan.

Bazzas right boot

Does look quite Tony Macaroni. I think they will lose a fair bit of character with this thing. Pit-tawdry (one for the JKB veterans) is not an attractive stadium, but it is in an absolutely stunning location, and its historic and full of character.

Frankly everything about their proposed move reeks of mediocrity and decline. Aberdeen have been horseshit for so many years since their brief glory period, moving to new home will consign all of that to history. This is their Coventry/St Mirren moment approaching... and it ain't going to be cheap.

:pleasing:

Or they attract more fans from the surrounding area and they kick on.

Could go either way

Or they attract more fans from the surrounding area and they kick on.

Could go either way I'm pretty sure distance to the stadium is not a massive factor in the minds of football fans in the North East.

I'm trying to imagine hundreds of people living in the area proposed for the new stadium deciding not to go to games because Pit-Tawdy is so far away... :lol:

IveSeenTheLight

Loving all the comments in this thread ;)

Incredible Aberdeen still don't have their own training facility.

As for ?40 million... where are they planning on finding that?!

With regards to our current training facility, we rent, just like Hearts do at Riccarton from Heriot-Watt University.

There is a negative impact of our renting schedule in that the team may have to stop training after their allocation instead of being able to stay on and work on additional routines if desired.

Having our own training academy will allow us to do as we wish and help develop the youth at the club

As for the ?40 million, I believe they expect circa ?20 million from Pittodrie, but I too am worried about where the other ?20 million is coming from.

as for the style / character, I'm optimistic it will be ok.

afc_stadium_development_image_01_rdax_77

160512_reloaction_himage_01.jpg

With regards to our current training facility, we rent, just like Hearts do at Riccarton from Heriot-Watt University.

There is a negative impact of our renting schedule in that the team may have to stop training after their allocation instead of being able to stay on and work on additional routines if desired.

Having our own training academy will allow us to do as we wish and help develop the youth at the club

As for the ?40 million, I believe they expect circa ?20 million from Pittodrie, but I too am worried about where the other ?20 million is coming from.

Do you reckon the majority fans will think it's just 'ok'?

Lucille's Thirsty

I think what your club is doing is going in the right direction mate,it's quite an impressive project,my only problem with it being outside your city,your and my club are going about it the right way so we can maybe challenge old firm consistently.

Bazzas right boot

Could go either way I'm pretty sure distance to the stadium is not a massive factor in the minds of football fans in the North East.

I'm trying to imagine hundreds of people living in the area proposed for the new stadium deciding not to go to games because Pit-Tawdy is so far away... :lol:

Probably not, but north isa funny place, parking, public transport etc will probably be much better for folk from the surrounding area and all the daft wee towns.

I moved to wallyford, I rarely ever go to the city now, and that's 10 mins on the train, I only go to see our great team under our great manager at our soon to be even better stadium.

They might even lose fans!

Could go either way.

Bazzas right boot

Looks pretty good.

Facilities look fantastic.

If you have a good team, fill it. It will be great, teams might even fear going there.

If it's half full, it will be as some have said a Lego. Soulless pit akin to Livingston.

Exciting/ interesting either way.

Stadiums don't make the atmosphere, the fans do, helped by the team.

Edited by Tosh'sleftfoot

IveSeenTheLight

There is, but that's about all there is in Westhill from what I remember. I used to visit offices there a lot for work and there's not much to it. 

Actually, I think there was maybe also a Subway sandwiches and a Travel Inn/Premier Inn sort of place too. Great. :laugh:

It's in a strange location and I'm glad it doesn't look particularly great either given our own current plans, but as others mentioned, it is good to see another club doing something about stadia. It sends a good strong message about the game up here. It's definitely no Tynecastle though. 

Not sure how aware you are of the geography of Aberdeen. Probably more than me. I have to say though, if they were building their new stadium on the site of Pit-tawdry, I would agree. If that was the case, they would still have their history to attach to the new Wetherspoons Bowl.

That meh stadium away from the coast-side setting of their current stadium is an awful plan.

The location will be right on the bypass and park and ride routes making access very good.

I believe they may also be looking at revenue opportunities before and after the game.

IveSeenTheLight

Do you reckon the majority fans will think it's just 'ok'?

The majority of the fans are quite optimistic about it.

We are concerned about the finance.

In reality, if it happens, were looking at 2021 before were there.

Could go either way.

It could and of course, I'm biased in my opinion.

Both Tynecastle and the new Aberdeen stadium will have a similar capacity, but very different looking grounds. And I know which one I prefer. One Aberdeen fan has described it as "St Mirren Park with the corners filled in". It doesn't look nearly as good as the futuristic white-bowl that IveSeenTheLight posted.  

But location wise, it is a gamble. If Hearts moved out to Kirknewton or Ratho, I would still attend, and I suspect Aberdeen crowds might shoot up for the first season or two. But after that?

In short, I just don't like out-of-town stadia. The facilities will be good, but something would be missing for me.

IveSeenTheLight

Looks pretty good.

Facilities look fantastic.

If you have a good team, fill it. It will be great, teams might even fear going there.

If it's half full, it will be as some have said a Lego. Soulless pit akin to Livingston.

Exciting/ interesting either way.

Stadiums don't make the atmosphere, the fans do, helped by the team.

It's funny you guys are inferring it as a lego stadium before it's even built.

Did you realise Tynecastle has the nickname of the Pink Lego stadium.

Not a dig, just made me smirk that's all.

The important thing is what happens on the park.

I'm concerned about how this will be funded, but with the training facilities being ready first and the opportunity to rent it out when not required then it could see our revenue stream increase.

I agree that fans make the atmosphere, but the stadium can make a difference.

the images above don't suggest to me a worsening atmosphere, but potentially an opportunity to improve.

Used to date a lovely lady from Westhill and spent alot of time there as you say there is very little in the way of amenities there, there is a costco which was worth a trip.

The dual carriageway from aberdeen to the mini-roundabout at westhill will need to be looked at if you are expecting a lot of traffic.

The location will be right on the bypass and park and ride routes making access very good.

I believe they may also be looking at revenue opportunities before and after the game.

The bypass that isn't there?

I'm concerned about how this will be funded, but with the training facilities being ready first and the opportunity to rent it out when not required then it could see our revenue stream increase.

the images above don't suggest to me a worsening atmosphere, but potentially an opportunity to improve.

Aberdeen's own fans are calling it a lego stadium

Shit! Sorry man. I never realised it had a bypass and park 'n' ride view!

:wow:

Looks fine to me and I'm sure it'll be better than what they have now which is a dated out of place stadia. Anything that can get teams closer to the uglies in Glasgow is fine for me.

Its pink in places granted, but that apart any dandy even thinking about taking the P outta tynie when you have that soulless wind swept empty shame of a stadium really has some cheek or are beyond denial...!!!

Its great plans and you need it to kick on but it will take some time, many many years before it will feel like home and have any pedigree and feeling as all new builds have...

Edited by GavK1012

Looks to be around 25 rows. Just a generally shallow and flat stand design. One corner looks like a mini Ibrox

Our new main will have 37 steep rows to match the other steep stands of ~28-30 rows.