Buffalo Bill

Aberdeen's new stadium...

IveSeenTheLight
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's a big, chipper looking  crowd. Nothing like a bit of creative licence! So how long will it take that lot to get out the car park or onto the "shuttle buses". 1 hour. Two? Can just imagine the stories of lost Dons fans trying to cut across fields in their desperation to get home and being found snuggling sheep to stay warm...

I can imagine like at Pittodrie, most will park in surrounding areas, walk 15-20 mins and then jump in their cars

fabienleclerq

38 pages on Aberdeen new ground😂

Mikey1874

Would hope to start seeing some pictures 

ToqueJambo
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I can imagine like at Pittodrie, most will park in surrounding areas, walk 15-20 mins and then jump in their cars

What surrounding areas. It's in the middle of nowhere. Looks like a windy walk! All research shows inner city stadiums - especially multi-use ones - are the way to go. How will older kids get there without their folks for example?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Icon of Symmetry
41 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

There was initial concerns.

Ive been over them before.

Now I’m increasingly confident it will come through and come good.

Thats old news. If you want the up-to-date info, it’s currently saying it will be in time for the 2022/23 season

Phase Two is scheduled to be completed in time for the 2022/23 season.

Oh, that’s a relief. What was it about the financing plan that allayed your fears in the end? Something in the fine details that you saw and thought ‘Wow! Thank goodness. This isn’t just pure folly after all”, I expect?

ToqueJambo

https://www.kingsfordstadium.co.uk/location-of-the-new-stadium/

"Pittodrie is a land-locked site that, when redeveloped to UEFA standards, would have a much reduced capacity. The redevelopment would cause significant disruption for local residents and traffic users in a densely-populated residential area for several years – and would cost as much, if not more, than a new, purpose-built stadium with training facilities. Many of those pointing towards the redevelopment at Tynecastle now recognise the increased scope, cost and impact on schedule this type of work has created for Hearts.

"Equally, Hearts have the option of playing matches at Murrayfield to overcome schedule over-run impacts but Aberdeen FC does not have such an option within our area, so where would we play AFC games during any redevelopment? Further, if we were able to redevelop Pittodrie, we would not benefit from the proceeds of the sale of the site.

"We are not making an empty claim. Kingsford truly is the only remaining option. It is large enough and within the Club’s control, making it affordable and deliverable."

This stuff on the stadium website is so reminiscent of the Pieman trying to convince us selling Tynecastle is the only option due mostly to "UEFA standards". Let's be honest, the bit in bold is the key driver of this whole thing! A few people are going to make a lot of money, while Aberdeen fans lose their spiritual home and have to sit in their car for an hour after games or trudge down the side of a road through a gale with no pub in sight.

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Let's be honest, the bit in bold is the key driver of this whole thing! A few people are going to make a lot of money, while Aberdeen fans lose their spiritual home and have to sit in their car for an hour after games or trudge down the side of a road through a gale with no pub in sight.

Most people drive to Pittodrie as it is. So no change there.

I believe the stadium also has plans for a pub within the stadium.

Selling Pittodrie, will contribute a significant portion of the required funds.

It would have cost more to redevelop on site and without the income generated from the site sale.

Commercially, it just wouldn’t have happened.

sadj
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

https://www.kingsfordstadium.co.uk/location-of-the-new-stadium/

"Pittodrie is a land-locked site that, when redeveloped to UEFA standards, would have a much reduced capacity. The redevelopment would cause significant disruption for local residents and traffic users in a densely-populated residential area for several years – and would cost as much, if not more, than a new, purpose-built stadium with training facilities. Many of those pointing towards the redevelopment at Tynecastle now recognise the increased scope, cost and impact on schedule this type of work has created for Hearts.

"Equally, Hearts have the option of playing matches at Murrayfield to overcome schedule over-run impacts but Aberdeen FC does not have such an option within our area, so where would we play AFC games during any redevelopment? Further, if we were able to redevelop Pittodrie, we would not benefit from the proceeds of the sale of the site.

"We are not making an empty claim. Kingsford truly is the only remaining option. It is large enough and within the Club’s control, making it affordable and deliverable."

This stuff on the stadium website is so reminiscent of the Pieman trying to convince us selling Tynecastle is the only option due mostly to "UEFA standards". Let's be honest, the bit in bold is the key driver of this whole thing! A few people are going to make a lot of money, while Aberdeen fans lose their spiritual home and have to sit in their car for an hour after games or trudge down the side of a road through a gale with no pub in sight.

That is superb. Not quite saying we can’t redevelop Pittodrie as thats a lie so implying there is no option. 

Pieman Pieman Pieman..... Sale of the site will make the investment required lower but also means all the investment is required at the same time. End of though these people are in it to make money and as Milne wanted Kingsford 20years ago on his own land out there its hardly going to he for the good of Aberdeen only he is doing it now.

sadj
Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

It would have cost more to redevelop on site and without the income generated from the site sale.

You or the other Aberdeen welt said a while ago no no the holiday inn and hotel and the broady at a push were there and you hoped they would put a pub in there eventually but at present its not in the plans. 

How would it just not of happened commercially? 🤔

ToqueJambo
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I'm sure they do like many Hearts fans but they don't park right outside the stadium. I quite like walking down residential streets to stadiums tucked away in towns, past the programme sellers, etc, etc and being able to pick up some chips and head to a pub without faffing about with the car.

I'd be much warmer towards this stadium if it had proper transport links. As it is, it's very regressive. I also like the history at stadiums. I'm not an Aberdeen fan by any stretch but Pittodrie hosted some historic times that will never be equalled. I know when I'm at Tynecastle and the game is shit (happens a lot sadly) I often get lost in memories of great past games. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Smithee
18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What surrounding areas. It's in the middle of nowhere. Looks like a windy walk! All research shows inner city stadiums - especially multi-use ones - are the way to go. How will older kids get there without their folks for example?

Collage-Maker-20190719-204821192.jpg

indianajones
30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Would hope to start seeing some pictures 

There won't be any for a while.

Drive past the place a lot and it's still in ground preparation by the looks of things. 

sadj
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Thats not far off the walk from kingsford to westhill tesco 😂

ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Stay off the moors!

american_werewolf_in_london-620x412.jpg

Smithee

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Stay off the moors!

american_werewolf_in_london-620x412.jpg

"Whaur's the butteries?"

Justin Z
On 18/07/2019 at 15:40, Sir Gio said:

My colleague said October. Coming on now, far more of a shape,  pitches seeded, floodlights up. 3 months late I was told 

Was up there a few weeks ago.

Looked like they'd done the sum total of f*** all since the last time I was up there in February.

Maybe more like four months late then :lol:

Mikey1874
13 minutes ago, indianajones said:

There won't be any for a while.

Drive past the place a lot and it's still in ground preparation by the looks of things. 

That is at least something 

Marooon!
32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That'll be a busy day when they're playing the OF. It'll look very different vs the other teams. 

498173.jpg

Dunks
On 13/06/2019 at 15:18, Icon of Symmetry said:

A few years ago they wanted to demolish a stand because their crowds were so shit.

Think it was more the Council wanted to build a new road right through the stand. They eventually changed the design to 'save' the stadium.

Marooon!
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can just imagine the stories of lost Dons fans trying to cut across fields in their desperation to get home and being found shagging sheep to stay warm...

Fixed that for you! 

Sir Gio
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, sadj said:

By good you mean rich not good 😉 are any Aberdonians good people? Well bar yourself , family and my Mrs obvs.😝

Think the guy quietly behind the scenes is Rob Wicks. Duncan Fraser has provided them with a good deal of fiscal responsibility too.

On the stadium itself I don't think the location will  instantly be a problem. Aberdeenshire is a fairly spread county, most people are used to moving about especially by car.

Never seen so many people wearing Aberdeen tops as well. 

One of the reasons its important to get back in front of them. They are without doubt more fickle,  they are enjoying the European stuff and a procession of semifinals at least. 

They are unlikely to stick around if it falters and then everything becomes a house of cards. 

We need to get past them

Edited by Sir Gio

Whatever
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

New-Stadium-1024x576.thumb.jpg.1a6b80ff46f55c0dff1480e18206a298.jpg

That's a big, chipper looking  crowd. Nothing like a bit of creative licence! So how long will it take that lot to get out the car park or onto the "shuttle buses". 1 hour. Two? Can just imagine the stories of lost Dons fans trying to cut across fields in their desperation to get home and being found snuggling sheep to stay warm...

How ****in awful does that look?

:rofl:

Marooon!
4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

How ****in awful does that look?

It's like St mirrens only with the corners filled. And why is it nearly night but the fans on the left are in sunlight?!  

Sir Gio

ITK

Sure I have said earlier in the thread,  they want something akin to Tynecastle. 

But you don't create that with bricks and mortar. 

Whatever
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

ITK

Sure I have said earlier in the thread,  they want something akin to Tynecastle. 

But you don't create that with bricks and mortar. 

Well by the look of it they’ve achieved something akin to the Tony Macaroni.

Hideous.

indianajones

Still maintain the opinion that this is a terrible move for Aberdeen. 

The only thing that's there is some oil offices and the new bypass. Soulless area! Not a pub in sight! 

davemclaren

Going to be interesting. First major Scottish club to move to a new out of town stadium in a 100 years at least. 

Zico

Oi Nik Kershaw, does Wiggy still have his syrup out begging local companies to pay for your white sheep? I mean, elephant. 

Smithee
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Going to be interesting. First major Scottish club to move to a new out of town stadium in a 100 years at least. 

I was going to say St Johnstone but Mcdiarmid's at least on the edge of the town.

davemclaren
Just now, Smithee said:

I was going to say St Johnstone but Mcdiarmid's at least on the edge of the town.

I only see the 7 big city clubs as major tbh and that’s pushing it when you look at the two Dundee teams now. 

Nookie Bear
11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Is that it?

Maiden Gorgie
13 hours ago, Whatever said:

Well by the look of it they’ve achieved something akin to the Tony Macaroni.

Hideous.

First ground I thought of too

1971fozzy
20 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Is that it ? Not being funny but that looks feking terrible. :vrface:

adambraejambo
23 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I feel sorry for the free bar hospitality group .Get kicked out at 7pm in the pitch black In middle of nowhere . Imagine a few hundred all out at same time . They drunk it snowing and next bus not due for 30 mins ....bus comes along and only space for 20 Haha . We lucky to have Tynecastle where it is a short walk to centre or 5 mins on a bus.