Jump to content
Buffalo Bill

Aberdeen's new stadium...

Recommended Posts

IveSeenTheLight
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

 

 

That's a big, chipper looking  crowd. Nothing like a bit of creative licence! So how long will it take that lot to get out the car park or onto the "shuttle buses". 1 hour. Two? Can just imagine the stories of lost Dons fans trying to cut across fields in their desperation to get home and being found snuggling sheep to stay warm...

 

 

 

I can imagine like at Pittodrie, most will park in surrounding areas, walk 15-20 mins and then jump in their cars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fabienleclerq

38 pages on Aberdeen new ground😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Would hope to start seeing some pictures 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

 

I can imagine like at Pittodrie, most will park in surrounding areas, walk 15-20 mins and then jump in their cars

 

What surrounding areas. It's in the middle of nowhere. Looks like a windy walk! All research shows inner city stadiums - especially multi-use ones - are the way to go. How will older kids get there without their folks for example?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
41 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

 

There was initial concerns.

Ive been over them before.

Now I’m increasingly confident it will come through and come good.

 

 

Thats old news. If you want the up-to-date info, it’s currently saying it will be in time for the 2022/23 season

Phase Two is scheduled to be completed in time for the 2022/23 season.

 

Oh, that’s a relief. What was it about the financing plan that allayed your fears in the end? Something in the fine details that you saw and thought ‘Wow! Thank goodness. This isn’t just pure folly after all”, I expect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo

https://www.kingsfordstadium.co.uk/location-of-the-new-stadium/

 

"Pittodrie is a land-locked site that, when redeveloped to UEFA standards, would have a much reduced capacity. The redevelopment would cause significant disruption for local residents and traffic users in a densely-populated residential area for several years – and would cost as much, if not more, than a new, purpose-built stadium with training facilities. Many of those pointing towards the redevelopment at Tynecastle now recognise the increased scope, cost and impact on schedule this type of work has created for Hearts.

 

"Equally, Hearts have the option of playing matches at Murrayfield to overcome schedule over-run impacts but Aberdeen FC does not have such an option within our area, so where would we play AFC games during any redevelopment? Further, if we were able to redevelop Pittodrie, we would not benefit from the proceeds of the sale of the site.

 

"We are not making an empty claim. Kingsford truly is the only remaining option. It is large enough and within the Club’s control, making it affordable and deliverable."

 

 

This stuff on the stadium website is so reminiscent of the Pieman trying to convince us selling Tynecastle is the only option due mostly to "UEFA standards". Let's be honest, the bit in bold is the key driver of this whole thing! A few people are going to make a lot of money, while Aberdeen fans lose their spiritual home and have to sit in their car for an hour after games or trudge down the side of a road through a gale with no pub in sight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

Let's be honest, the bit in bold is the key driver of this whole thing! A few people are going to make a lot of money, while Aberdeen fans lose their spiritual home and have to sit in their car for an hour after games or trudge down the side of a road through a gale with no pub in sight.

 

Most people drive to Pittodrie as it is. So no change there.

I believe the stadium also has plans for a pub within the stadium.

 

Selling Pittodrie, will contribute a significant portion of the required funds.

It would have cost more to redevelop on site and without the income generated from the site sale.

Commercially, it just wouldn’t have happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

https://www.kingsfordstadium.co.uk/location-of-the-new-stadium/

 

"Pittodrie is a land-locked site that, when redeveloped to UEFA standards, would have a much reduced capacity. The redevelopment would cause significant disruption for local residents and traffic users in a densely-populated residential area for several years – and would cost as much, if not more, than a new, purpose-built stadium with training facilities. Many of those pointing towards the redevelopment at Tynecastle now recognise the increased scope, cost and impact on schedule this type of work has created for Hearts.

 

"Equally, Hearts have the option of playing matches at Murrayfield to overcome schedule over-run impacts but Aberdeen FC does not have such an option within our area, so where would we play AFC games during any redevelopment? Further, if we were able to redevelop Pittodrie, we would not benefit from the proceeds of the sale of the site.

 

"We are not making an empty claim. Kingsford truly is the only remaining option. It is large enough and within the Club’s control, making it affordable and deliverable."

 

 

This stuff on the stadium website is so reminiscent of the Pieman trying to convince us selling Tynecastle is the only option due mostly to "UEFA standards". Let's be honest, the bit in bold is the key driver of this whole thing! A few people are going to make a lot of money, while Aberdeen fans lose their spiritual home and have to sit in their car for an hour after games or trudge down the side of a road through a gale with no pub in sight.

That is superb. Not quite saying we can’t redevelop Pittodrie as thats a lie so implying there is no option. 

 

Pieman Pieman Pieman..... Sale of the site will make the investment required lower but also means all the investment is required at the same time. End of though these people are in it to make money and as Milne wanted Kingsford 20years ago on his own land out there its hardly going to he for the good of Aberdeen only he is doing it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

 

Most people drive to Pittodrie as it is. So no change there.

I believe the stadium also has plans for a pub within the stadium.

 

Selling Pittodrie, will contribute a significant portion of the required funds.

It would have cost more to redevelop on site and without the income generated from the site sale.

Commercially, it just wouldn’t have happened.

You or the other Aberdeen welt said a while ago no no the holiday inn and hotel and the broady at a push were there and you hoped they would put a pub in there eventually but at present its not in the plans. 

 

How would it just not of happened commercially? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

 

Most people drive to Pittodrie as it is. So no change there.

I believe the stadium also has plans for a pub within the stadium.

 

Selling Pittodrie, will contribute a significant portion of the required funds.

It would have cost more to redevelop on site and without the income generated from the site sale.

Commercially, it just wouldn’t have happened.

 

I'm sure they do like many Hearts fans but they don't park right outside the stadium. I quite like walking down residential streets to stadiums tucked away in towns, past the programme sellers, etc, etc and being able to pick up some chips and head to a pub without faffing about with the car.

 

I'd be much warmer towards this stadium if it had proper transport links. As it is, it's very regressive. I also like the history at stadiums. I'm not an Aberdeen fan by any stretch but Pittodrie hosted some historic times that will never be equalled. I know when I'm at Tynecastle and the game is shit (happens a lot sadly) I often get lost in memories of great past games. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

What surrounding areas. It's in the middle of nowhere. Looks like a windy walk! All research shows inner city stadiums - especially multi-use ones - are the way to go. How will older kids get there without their folks for example?

 

Collage-Maker-20190719-204821192.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indianajones
30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Would hope to start seeing some pictures 

 

There won't be any for a while.

 

Drive past the place a lot and it's still in ground preparation by the looks of things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

 

Collage-Maker-20190719-204821192.jpg

Thats not far off the walk from kingsford to westhill tesco 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

 

Collage-Maker-20190719-204821192.jpg

 

 

Stay off the moors!

 

american_werewolf_in_london-620x412.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee

 

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

 

Stay off the moors!

 

american_werewolf_in_london-620x412.jpg

"Whaur's the butteries?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
On 18/07/2019 at 15:40, Sir Gio said:

My colleague said October. Coming on now, far more of a shape,  pitches seeded, floodlights up. 3 months late I was told 

 

Was up there a few weeks ago.

 

Looked like they'd done the sum total of f*** all since the last time I was up there in February.

 

Maybe more like four months late then :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
13 minutes ago, indianajones said:

 

There won't be any for a while.

 

Drive past the place a lot and it's still in ground preparation by the looks of things. 

 

That is at least something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marooon!
32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

 

Collage-Maker-20190719-204821192.jpg

 

That'll be a busy day when they're playing the OF. It'll look very different vs the other teams. 

 

498173.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dunks
On 13/06/2019 at 15:18, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

A few years ago they wanted to demolish a stand because their crowds were so shit.

 

Think it was more the Council wanted to build a new road right through the stand. They eventually changed the design to 'save' the stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marooon!
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can just imagine the stories of lost Dons fans trying to cut across fields in their desperation to get home and being found shagging sheep to stay warm...

 

 

 

Fixed that for you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, sadj said:

By good you mean rich not good 😉 are any Aberdonians good people? Well bar yourself , family and my Mrs obvs.😝

Think the guy quietly behind the scenes is Rob Wicks. Duncan Fraser has provided them with a good deal of fiscal responsibility too.

 

On the stadium itself I don't think the location will  instantly be a problem. Aberdeenshire is a fairly spread county, most people are used to moving about especially by car.

 

Never seen so many people wearing Aberdeen tops as well. 

 

One of the reasons its important to get back in front of them. They are without doubt more fickle,  they are enjoying the European stuff and a procession of semifinals at least. 

 

They are unlikely to stick around if it falters and then everything becomes a house of cards. 

 

We need to get past them

Edited by Sir Gio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whatever
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

New-Stadium-1024x576.thumb.jpg.1a6b80ff46f55c0dff1480e18206a298.jpg

 

That's a big, chipper looking  crowd. Nothing like a bit of creative licence! So how long will it take that lot to get out the car park or onto the "shuttle buses". 1 hour. Two? Can just imagine the stories of lost Dons fans trying to cut across fields in their desperation to get home and being found snuggling sheep to stay warm...

 

 

 

How ****in awful does that look?

 

:rofl:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marooon!
4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

 

How ****in awful does that look?

 

:rofl:

 

 

 

It's like St mirrens only with the corners filled. And why is it nearly night but the fans on the left are in sunlight?!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

ITK

 

Sure I have said earlier in the thread,  they want something akin to Tynecastle. 

 

But you don't create that with bricks and mortar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whatever
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

ITK

 

Sure I have said earlier in the thread,  they want something akin to Tynecastle. 

 

But you don't create that with bricks and mortar. 

 

Well by the look of it they’ve achieved something akin to the Tony Macaroni.

 

Hideous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indianajones

Still maintain the opinion that this is a terrible move for Aberdeen. 

 

The only thing that's there is some oil offices and the new bypass. Soulless area! Not a pub in sight! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren

Going to be interesting. First major Scottish club to move to a new out of town stadium in a 100 years at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zico

Oi Nik Kershaw, does Wiggy still have his syrup out begging local companies to pay for your white sheep? I mean, elephant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Going to be interesting. First major Scottish club to move to a new out of town stadium in a 100 years at least. 

I was going to say St Johnstone but Mcdiarmid's at least on the edge of the town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
Just now, Smithee said:

I was going to say St Johnstone but Mcdiarmid's at least on the edge of the town.

I only see the 7 big city clubs as major tbh and that’s pushing it when you look at the two Dundee teams now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

New-Stadium-1024x576.thumb.jpg.1a6b80ff46f55c0dff1480e18206a298.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Is that it?

 

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maiden Gorgie
13 hours ago, Whatever said:

 

Well by the look of it they’ve achieved something akin to the Tony Macaroni.

 

Hideous.

 

First ground I thought of too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
20 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

New-Stadium-1024x576.thumb.jpg.1a6b80ff46f55c0dff1480e18206a298.jpg

 

That's a big, chipper looking  crowd. Nothing like a bit of creative licence! So how long will it take that lot to get out the car park or onto the "shuttle buses". 1 hour. Two? Can just imagine the stories of lost Dons fans trying to cut across fields in their desperation to get home and being found snuggling sheep to stay warm...

 

 

 

Is that it ? Not being funny but that looks feking terrible. :vrface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adambraejambo
23 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

New-Stadium-1024x576.thumb.jpg.1a6b80ff46f55c0dff1480e18206a298.jpg

 

That's a big, chipper looking  crowd. Nothing like a bit of creative licence! So how long will it take that lot to get out the car park or onto the "shuttle buses". 1 hour. Two? Can just imagine the stories of lost Dons fans trying to cut across fields in their desperation to get home and being found snuggling sheep to stay warm...

 

 

I feel sorry for the free bar hospitality group .Get kicked out at 7pm in the pitch black In middle of nowhere . Imagine a few hundred all out at same time . They drunk it snowing and next bus not due for 30 mins ....bus comes along and only space for 20 Haha . We lucky to have Tynecastle where it is a short walk to centre or 5 mins on a bus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aberdeen asking their fans to name/ pick players for training pitches. 

 

Survey is open to everyone to answer if you want. We've been quite good at polls

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49439456

 

 

 

Unfortunately there is no option to add a.n. other! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
On 19/07/2019 at 21:52, Whatever said:

 

How ****in awful does that look?

 

:rofl:

 

 

 

Looks pretty soulless doesn't it. Not unlike the club tbh so perhaps a goos fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874

Awful, a couple of bad seasons in this place and their crowds will drop below the 8k they were getting pre derek mcinnes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
On 19/07/2019 at 21:52, Whatever said:

 

How ****in awful does that look?

 

:rofl:

 

 

 

About a hundred times better than their current eyesore.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
21 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

Looks pretty soulless doesn't it. Not unlike the club tbh so perhaps a goos fit.

 

What does soul look like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dallas Green

Looks shite.

 

So does their current ground tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AJAMBO
Posted (edited)

 Look at the current sheepdip its an ugly hole. I don't mind the look of the supposed new stadium. Too good for the sheepshaggers though

148992_439418852792636_349624549_n.jpg

Edited by AJAMBO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
number-16
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aberdeen asking their fans to name/ pick players for training pitches. 

 

Survey is open to everyone to answer if you want. We've been quite good at polls

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49439456

 

 

Does anyone know if any of those names have a Hearts connection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Newton51

Voted for Jim Bett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Voted for Jim Bett

 

Good call. I voted for 5 names I didn't know. But Jim Bett would be a good result. I've two more votes on work laptop and my Pad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

 

What does soul look like?

 

 

liverpool-kop.jpg

th.jpeg

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin

So if their fans wave around more flags and scarves it'll be soulful? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

So if their fans wave around more flags and scarves it'll be soulful? 

 

Whatever. You're just trolling. You know exactly what I mean. Away and go Raygin elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grumpyespana
5 hours ago, AJAMBO said:

 Look at the current sheepdip its an ugly hole. I don't mind the look of the supposed new stadium. Too good for the sheepshaggers though

148992_439418852792636_349624549_n.jpg

That's the famous shed where I used to stand  with the [email protected] running down the stairs happy days lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...