Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

2 hours ago, superjack said:

I actually enjoy having g other teams fans on here, as long as they're not dicks that is.

The poster you're moaning needlessly about, I've seen the light, is alright. Never comes on here to troll people, just lines to talk about football.

agree

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

chucking in £5m as well I read on BBC.

interesting times for the sheep tbf

14 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

So that’s a tenth of their new stadium estimate paid for then? :lol:

Yes.

Stewart Milne has just said they need to find £45 million.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes.

Stewart Milne has just said they need to find £45 million.

Interesting, the stadium part was originally meant to be 40, the training ground another 10 for a total of 50.

The training ground's paid for, which means the stadium estimate's gone up by 25% from 40 - 50 already.

The Old Tolbooth
4 hours ago, superjack said:

I actually enjoy having g other teams fans on here, as long as they're not dicks that is.

The poster you're moaning needlessly about, I've seen the light, is alright. Never comes on here to troll people, just lines to talk about football.

Exactly, he comes across as a pretty cool sheep to me and a welcome addition to the board. 

Image result for cool sheep

The Old Tolbooth
10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Interesting, the stadium part was originally meant to be 40, the training ground another 10 for a total of 50.

The training ground's paid for, which means the stadium estimate's gone up by 25% from 40 - 50 already.

To be fair, we should know only too well how easily that happens with the cost of our new stand far exceeding what they stated it would be in the first place. I'd prefer Aberdeen to stay at Pittodrie and develop it rather than move out into the sticks where it would become a bit of a soulless barn, they're a community club for the people of Aberdeen, hopefully they keep it that way. 

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

To be fair, we should know only too well how easily that happens with the cost of our new stand far exceeding what they stated it would be in the first place. I'd prefer Aberdeen to stay at Pittodrie and develop it rather than move out into the sticks where it would become a bit of a soulless barn, they're a community club for the people of Aberdeen, hopefully they keep it that way. 

That's exactly why I've always said their 50m estimate for the project was completely unrealistic.

Put it this way, our stand is 8 million over - their stadium is already 10 million over without shovel hitting soil.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, superjack said:

Your having a laugh!!! If his often condescending tone is not trolling I don't know what is. He is a typical Aberdeen fan, they only enjoy talking about your team when they believe they are superior

The Old Tolbooth
46 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's exactly why I've always said their 50m estimate for the project was completely unrealistic.

Put it this way, our stand is 8 million over - their stadium is already 10 million over without shovel hitting soil.

Maybe it's Budge's brother who''s doing it? :lol: 

33 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Your having a laugh!!! If his often condescending tone is not trolling I don't know what is. He is a typical Aberdeen fan, they only enjoy talking about your team when they believe they are superior

Sounds like any football fan to me! I'm not talking to anyone just now :(

41 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Spot on. The guy is all over the place in the lead up to a Hearts v Aberdeen game. When we beat them, he's nowhere to be seen. 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Maybe Milne realised he couldn’t build it to his normal standard incase they got more than 10 people in it at the same time and the floor gave way like his flats...Allegedly 😏

Edited by sadj

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, Super_Hans said:

Spot on. The guy is all over the place in the lead up to a Hearts v Aberdeen game. When we beat them, he's nowhere to be seen. 

Sorry, but that is bollox.

I always come back after the game, win, lose or draw. ;)

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

IveSeenTheLight

The reported investment is £5M, but the rumours are that is just the initial investment, with more to come.

Rumours are there will be circa £20M invested and plans to hopefully sell McKenna for circa £5M in January.

Pittodrie valuation has also apparently decreased to circa £11.5M

All in, I'm not seeing this investment as any substantial change in the playing budget, but moves down the road of resolving the funding for the new stadium.

Yes there was rumours that this would not be happening now and I understand it was reviewed to see if Pittodrie could be redeveloped, but the decision is to go ahead with Kingsford.

The bigger thing is that there plans to be some sort of partnership with Atlanta United with regards to developing their talent.

Again, rumours are that the boy Gallagher was just a tester and that we could see more , better graded players sent over.

One other significant rumour is that Cormack is not as enthused with McInnes as Milne was and his negative tactics that lost us points yesterday will not help DM.

All that said, who knows, interesting times ahead.

30 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The reported investment is £5M, but the rumours are that is just the initial investment, with more to come.

Rumours are there will be circa £20M invested and plans to hopefully sell McKenna for circa £5M in January.

Pittodrie valuation has also apparently decreased to circa £11.5M

All in, I'm not seeing this investment as any substantial change in the playing budget, but moves down the road of resolving the funding for the new stadium.

Yes there was rumours that this would not be happening now and I understand it was reviewed to see if Pittodrie could be redeveloped, but the decision is to go ahead with Kingsford.

The bigger thing is that there plans to be some sort of partnership with Atlanta United with regards to developing their talent.

Again, rumours are that the boy Gallagher was just a tester and that we could see more , better graded players sent over.

One other significant rumour is that Cormack is not as enthused with McInnes as Milne was and his negative tactics that lost us points yesterday will not help DM.

All that said, who knows, interesting times ahead.

Good detail on what was said today here

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-atlanta-united-link-up-20954558.amp?__twitter_impression=true

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I still can’t believe anyone would seriously pay £5m for Scott McKenna. He’s an absolute donkey. 

I think this is a myth. He seems pretty quick and good with the ball at his feet whenever I’ve seen him. There was a game last season where Uche ragdolled him but that was probably a learning curve for a 22 year old. 

He’s being linked with a lot of teams, has captained his country and more than one Scotland manager has seen him as the best Scottish centre back around. He also has more International caps than Tierney. 

I believe him and Souttar are the future of the Scotland defence. 

2 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

I think this is a myth. He seems pretty quick and good with the ball at his feet whenever I’ve seen him. There was a game last season where Uche ragdolled him but that was probably a learning curve for a 22 year old. 

He’s being linked with a lot of teams, has captained his country and more than one Scotland manager has seen him as the best Scottish centre back around. He also has more International caps than Tierney. 

I believe him and Souttar are the future of the Scotland defence. 

It’s not that he’s total shit. That is pretty harsh on the boy. He’s just vastly overrated at some of the quoted valuations that are flung about. In saying that a player is worth what a buying club is willing to pay I suppose.

Ricardo Shillyshally
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I still can’t believe anyone would seriously pay £5m for Scott McKenna. He’s an absolute donkey. 

Correct. The boys a big huddy. Absolutely no chance anyone is paying that for him

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s not that he’s total shit. That is pretty harsh on the boy. He’s just vastly overrated at some of the quoted valuations that are flung about. In saying that a player is worth what a buying club is willing to pay I suppose.

in comparison I give you Grant Hanley

£6M to Newcastle

£3.5M to Norwich.

3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

£6M to Newcastle

£3.5M to Norwich.

From Blackburn?

McKenna was shocking for Scotland last week. He’s either not as good as Aberdeen think or he just can’t be assed til he gets the move he wants away from them

15 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

£6M to Newcastle

£3.5M to Norwich.

Hey, take it up with those who say he’s total shit. I was trying to be a bit more balanced. I don’t rate him that highly though.

kingantti1874
48 minutes ago, sadj said:

From Blackburn?

McKenna was shocking for Scotland last week. He’s either not as good as Aberdeen think or he just can’t be assed til he gets the move he wants away from them

he’s moderately strong.. quickish at SPL level but will be destroyed in prem, and his actual football skills are shocking, hm it even in the same stratosphere as Souttar who would be miles in front were it not for relentless  injuries.. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Shanks said no

Sun tonight

NEW Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack has warned that the Dons may be priced OUT of leaving Pittodrie.

They had planned to move to a new stadium by 2023 — but Dons chief Cormack has revealed the flit could be delayed or even scrapped.

IveSeenTheLight
3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Hey, take it up with those who say he’s total shit. I was trying to be a bit more balanced. I don’t rate him that highly though.

you rate Hanley better?

4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

you rate Hanley better?

It doesn't matter, everyone knows there's a premium on players already within England. He probably is better than Hanley but Aberdeen isn't in England and they've just announced how desperate they are for cash.

9 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Sun tonight

NEW Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack has warned that the Dons may be priced OUT of leaving Pittodrie.

They had planned to move to a new stadium by 2023 — but Dons chief Cormack has revealed the flit could be delayed or even scrapped.

Well I for one am absolutely shocked. Who could possibly have seen this coming?!

:wow:

Shanks said no
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Well I for one am absolutely shocked. Who could possibly have seen this coming?!

It actually gets better, you could have picked this quote up from this thread rather than Cormack himself

Cormack also said

“We wouldn’t maximise the value of Pittodrie in the current downturn.

“Nobody can commit to money that isn’t there, but a new stadium is our best option.

“Let’s say we got £15m for the sale of Pittodrie, well Hearts spent £18m on building their new stand.

“It would cost us £55m to redevelop the stands here, so you weigh that up against £45m for a custom-built stadium.”

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Stunned. Stunned.

Ricardo Shillyshally

So, despite a £5m investment and a tie up with a foreign businessman with links to another club (where have we heard that before) Aboredeen are still going to have to find tens of millions from somewhere to either redevelop Pittawdrie or build an out of town souless bowl.

....and thats being hailed as a good news week.

Edited by Ricardo Shillyshally

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

Stunned. Stunned.

It’s almost as if it’s been glaringly obvious that it’s pie in the sky from the outset.

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s almost as if it’s been glaringly obvious that it’s pie in the sky from the outset.

I thought they had started the groundwork already ? Maybe just the training pitches though.

2 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

I thought they had started the groundwork already ? Maybe just the training pitches though.

Training pitches and centre are a good bit down the line I think. Those were always going to be built though, I suspect.

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=41426&page=217

Seems even some of the deluded sheep are starting to realise this was never going to happen. A few of them giving it the "thank ****" chat too, and whilst they are correct to be relieved, I don't remember them being too vocal previously.

They will redevelop Pittodrie imo, and this sideshow was bullshit from the beginning. It'll still cost them a fortune and lumber them with masive amounts of debt, but at least there is a chance they can service that if they do it a bit at a time.

£50m+? :lol:

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

2 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Playing in the middle of nowhere with no decent transport links is a recipe for disaster.

Looks like they've dodged a bullet there.

The gun was never actually loaded imo.

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

£6M to Newcastle

£3.5M to Norwich.

Yip. 

Any agent of a  decent and young Scottish centre half should start with that. 

20 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Their training centre opened last month I think.

1 minute ago, glynnlondon said:

Playing in the middle of nowhere with no decent transport links is a recipe for disaster.

Looks like they've dodged a bullet there.

I think you're forgetting the magic fleet of buses that currently just hangs about the north east waiting for a purpose. 

1 minute ago, benny said:

Just shows you how how much trouble you can get into if you let your stadium get into a run down state.

Huge worry money wise no matter what happens.

They have been doing precisely that whilst Hibs and Hearts acrued massive debts trying to do ours. Now it is at the stage where they need three new stands.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Their training centre opened last month I think.

I think you're forgetting the magic fleet of buses that currently just hangs about the north east waiting for a purpose. 

downloadfile-2.jpg

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

They have been doing precisely that whilst Hibs and Hearts acrued massive debts trying to do ours. Now it is at the stage where they need three new stands.

25 years it took us for 4 new stands.

Good luck to the sheep.They are going to need it.

4 minutes ago, benny said:

25 years it took us for 4 new stands.

Good luck to the sheep.They are going to need it.

Indeed, and look at the bebt that both hibs and ourselves amassed doing ours, even spread over c25 years. Best of luck to them, that big riduculous looking Richard Donald stand should be okay for a few years yet, I supose. The others will be the main priority.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Lencarl

Cult Hero

• photo-thumb-4535.jpg?_r=1511176620
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts
  • Joined 25-April 11

Posted Today, 08:52 AM

We will build the new stadium at Kingsford. This is all part of the master plan. Staying at Pittodrie is not an option according to Cormack.Our partnership with with MLS side Atlanta United will unearth players from South America who will use Aberdeen to showcase their skills and then move on to top clubs in the EPL. The money will then be shared between Aberdeen and Atlanta United.

They should get themselves a wee Belarussian football club involved in the pyramid too. :thumbsup:

gorgie rd eh11

The original goal was to move in to the new stadium for the start of the 2019/20 season. Five months past that they've not even started and yet it's still being spun as some sort of positive.

21 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

The original goal was to move in to the new stadium for the start of the 2019/20 season. Five months past that they've not even started and yet it's still being spun as some sort of positive.

All part of the master plan mu ha ha haa

Got themselves in a bit of a pickle. Pittodrie current valuation now £11m, £5m investment talk from Cormack (just to cover ongoing costs apparently) but needing £45m plus. Know that's put simplistically but in anyone's language that's very worrying. Cosgrove, McKenna and Ferguson sale might get them £6m or so but still a massive shortfall. Milne knowing what he's doing baling out now. 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

That fleet of buses is usually used to transport 500,000 Dons fans to every away game, so I guess they will be available for Aberdeen's home games.