Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

2 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59645936

All the figures they're now clutching at are a complete reversal of the shooting for the moon they talked about when they were planning the Bypassdrome. It's as if they know they were talking mince and even if they build their new stadium somewhere sensible they now accept they can't attract anything like the numbers they want.

They may have to downscale even further should they start getting humped in Aberdeen Derbies once Cove Rangers claw their way up.

It's been fantasy from the beginning. Its almost like they learned from a recent Russian club owner in Scotland. 

But remember also, the key number one matter, non negotiable is that Stuart Milne gets the land on which Pittodrie stands to build houses. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Your maths is a bit off

I see DC's thoughts behind this was: -

When we were ripping the pish out of the stadium with the magic buses weren't you insisting it was all feasible?

I don't think you're a good judge tbh

13 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

The idea of basing your stadium's capacity on the hope that 30% of your most committed supporters won't want to attend games is absolutely farcical! 

That’s the way I see it too.

And the way Cove Rangers are going is it still a one-team city?

3 hours ago, FWJ said:

That’s the way I see it too.

And the way Cove Rangers are going is it still a one-team city?

Perhaps Cormack secretly hopes none of the season ticket holders turn up. That way they can have all the walk-ups they want! What a brilliant idea! 

Edited by Hearts_fan

15 hours ago, j1964m said:

Just been passed can seat 9,999 no covid tests required

image.jpeg

Aberdeen's looking as grey as ever in the background

11 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Just stopping after the bit in bold would be best for everyone, really! 

I ****ing hate that stadium. My first ever game was at Gayfield and Id rather play there every week than Pittodrie. Its ****ing awful inside and out. The granite walls nice though 👍🏻🤣

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

When we were ripping the pish out of the stadium with the magic buses weren't you insisting it was all feasible?

aye we will build wir pubs in Westheeel and itll only be a 10mins walk (actually 30) and transport to town will be no bother buses will be easy to work and there will be no traffic issues even though theres shitloads even without 10000 (see what i did there) fans getting buses and driving on the roads there. “Aye but most of oor fans drive anyway cause they live out of aberdeen and wir awww rich with oil n gas”. (Translate to we are all full of gas) 

It is pretty sad this is how Scottish football is.

So much potential, just poorly managed and so many clubs happy to be tinpot instead of showing some ambition. Don't hear any Aberdeen fans starting a foundation to help either.

IveSeenTheLight
21 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Currently you are about 23k capacity? A capacity of 17k... It's not far of a third, if not that, it's more than a quarter, you are splitting hairs. 

I don't know where you're getting 23k capacity from. It used to be just over 20k, but there have been further restrictions reducing it to below 20k.

So its not splitting hairs as a 3k reduction is way off the 1/3d you said.

Aye, planning for 30 % of season tickets not to turn up seems a cracking plan

I believe the 30% figure is used based on how much current ST holders actually turn up.

DC said if he achieves 15k ST holders (a stretch in my eyes), then that equates to 10,500 turning up, but even if all would attend, the 17k figure then allows 1,500 walk ups and 500 away fans

Why not plan to  boost season ticket sales or ensure more can turn up?

You are also limiting your away support and your ability to host internationals. 

I think that is still in his thoughts. Not sure where our average attendance is this year, but a 17k stadium arguablly still provide room to expand attendances from where we are.

As for hosting internationals, how often are these put round the country. Been a number of years now. They prefer to play in a mostly empty Hampden

IveSeenTheLight
20 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

probably old firm? -

Old Firm? Doesn't exists anymore

20 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

but then he's expecting 1500 to walk up on the basis they might get in? What if 3000 turn up? What if 2000 rangers fans turn up to get in because they only have 500 official tickets?

The walk-up term is just a verbal term. There is no walk-ups at Pittodrie. All tickets need to be bought previously in the ticket office, online or via the app.

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I don't know where you're getting 23k capacity from. It used to be just over 20k, but there have been further restrictions reducing it to below 20k.

I believe the 30% figure is used based on how much current ST holders actually turn up.

DC said if he achieves 15k ST holders (a stretch in my eyes), then that equates to 10,500 turning up, but even if all would attend, the 17k figure then allows 1,500 walk ups and 500 away fans

I think that is still in his thoughts. Not sure where our average attendance is this year, but a 17k stadium arguablly still provide room to expand attendances from where we are.

As for hosting internationals, how often are these put round the country. Been a number of years now. They prefer to play in a mostly empty Hampden

Hampden isn't mostly empty these days. Even the poor crowds at Scotland games would still be too much for any football stadium outside of Glasgow. 

IveSeenTheLight
20 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Not wishing to get involved in a debate, but there is no doubt at all, when your results were going pear shaped earlier on this season, your posting was non existent, and only kicks in when you play Hearts or there is an upturn in the Dandies performances!!

Go back an see my posting history. You'll see I post win, lose or draw

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The walk-up term is just a verbal term. There is no walk-ups at Pittodrie. All tickets need to be bought previously in the ticket office, online or via the app.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19149375.celtic-renewed-old-firm-trademark-rangers-days-were-not-half-anything-tweet/

IveSeenTheLight
18 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Curious as I've not dug into the plans—does the 16k stadium include any provision for expansion in the future should attendances rise?

Also, given the choice between Kingsford and the beach site, do you have a preference? You've defended the Kingsford site on here before. It always seemed silly to me as there was underused land near Pittodrie, and now it seems that the council has noticed the same thing. The beach site seems far better when looking at a map but I don't know Aberdeen at all.

So long as there's room to expand in the future, the smaller site doesn't seem a terrible idea to me. I wonder of the board are thinking about the coming decline of the oil industry and that the club may be unlikely to see attendances grow in the near future.

I don't really mind where it is, I'll go support the team where they play.

Kingsford made sense from a commercial perspective as we have the land and can sell off pittodrie.

The current beach option is a consideration as I understand the council will give the land away for free, but the club still takes the costs for the full build. With the impact of Covid, theyr'e obviously looking to streamline the plans

jamboinglasgow
Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

I understand why one cheek needs the other, but DeidCo are no longer around.

You really can't refer to a 9 year old and Old

Why would not use the old firm term? Annoys the hell out of Celtic fans when you do it. Anything that annoys either old firm is fine by me.

IveSeenTheLight
12 hours ago, Smithee said:

Pre-Covid days

I'm an excellent judge ;)

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Why would not use the old firm term? Annoys the hell out of Celtic fans when you do it. Anything that annoys either old firm is fine by me.

There is no Old Firm. Annoys the hell out of SevCo fans.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It's there in black and white, and Celtic (their rivals) agreed to it. I don't think they'll pay any attention to what Aberdeen fans say. Like most of us.😁

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

It's there in black and white, and Celtic (their rivals) agreed to it. I don't think they'll pay any attention to what Aberdeen fans say. Like most of us.😁

You brush it under the carpet if you want.

We'll never let them forget that they let their club die

On 08/11/2021 at 14:47, sadj said:

You need to factor in how many of those work away or don’t live near Aberdeen. It sounds impressive from the outside though. 

That's a good point - they'll have a pretty sizeable expat diaspora as a result of the heavy dependence on oil as part of the local economy. Given the long term trajectory of that though I'd be building smaller rather than bigger.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I'm not brushing anything under the carpet. The trademark exists, whether you howl at the moon or not. 

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

They did let their club die though

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

I'm not brushing anything under the carpet. The trademark exists, whether you howl at the moon or not. 

Doesn't mean you have to recognise it.

You keep defending them though if you want

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

They did let their club die though

Some could show you in black in white that they didn't, it was the parent organisation.

Do you accept that as well?

Forever Hearts
Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

Doesn't mean you have to recognise it.

You keep defending them though if you want

Defending who? Celtic? For agreeing to the trademark? 😂

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Defending who? Celtic? For agreeing to the trademark? 😂

What's your thoughts on the 5 way agreement?

I always remember that period leading up to The Event. Huns everywhere insisting that liquidation couldn't happen, it would be the death of their club, they could start again but it wouldn't be the same.

Only to do a complete 180 later.

They let their club die

:verysmug:

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I've no idea what that is. But if it involves Rangers I'm sure you'll be able to give me all the details.

jamboinglasgow

I dont think Rangers fans are not too bothered if you say there is no Old Firm. They are bothered if you say they the club died so keep saying that.

Celtic fans hate when people call something the old firm, they are great fun to wind up, and they see themselves as the good guys while Rangers are the bad guys so dont deserve to be tarred with the same brush as Rangers. Which is nonsense as they are both as bad. 

20 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

15 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I've no idea what that is. 

:Aye:

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Fair enough, you seem comfortable with the stadium plans. 

Time will tell. 

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Every thread you  manage to defend rangers in some round about way. 

You're not the only one debating on the wrong fans forum. 

34 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

There is no Old Firm. Annoys the hell out of SevCo fans.

The phrase originally was from an article describing the way the two clubs acted was like, Old Firm Friends. 

Emphasis on Friends, not Old or Firm. They act like Old Friends, or Firm (good) Friends. Age is nothing to do with it.

So no the new The Rangers (formerly Sevco) act as if they are Old (long standing) Friends of Celtic, whether they are (old) or not, and that is one reason they have renewed the OF trademark. 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Every thread you  manage to defend rangers in some round about way. 

You're not the only one debating on the wrong fans forum. 

Show me where I defended them? 

And not your usual ten paragraphs of utter crap.

👍

Edited by Forever Hearts

58 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Yawn at your first comment.

I assume anyone can register and then buy tickets though.

Incidentally, i doubt Cormack knows what walk-up fans either. It is pretty obvious they can only afford a smaller stadium and he is desperately scrambling to justfiy it.

Edited by Nookie Bear

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair enough, you seem comfortable with the stadium plans. 

Time will tell. 

He also called 15k a stretch isnt that like 108533533% of their current ST sales and thats after a successful period in their terms

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

If only we'd had a chance to reform the voting structure when Newco were down the leagues then we would be faced with a duopoly...

"They dont expect to be in any new stadium before 2025/26 season, and they are looking at capacity of between 16,000-17,000. They say to build a 20,000 seater stadium would add another £20m to the bill."

That sounds a lot for an extra 3-4.000 capacity.

Gilberts Fridge
16 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

If only we'd had a chance to reform the voting structure when Newco were down the leagues then we would be faced with a duopoly...

What a brilliant thing that would have been. I wonder what went wrong. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Show me where I defended them? 

And not your usual ten paragraphs of utter crap.

👍

You're like a rat up a drain pipe as soon as someone dare say something bad about them. 

You're Probably at the stage  now you don't even realise it. 

You've taken Unconscious bias to the next level. 

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It's the same Rangers alright.  The officiating on Sunday confirms it.