Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're like a rat up a drain pipe as soon as someone dare say something bad about them. 

You're Probably at the stage  now you don't even realise it. 

You've taken Unconscious bias to the next level. 

Two paragraphs of crap instead of ten.

Progress.👍

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forever Hearts
48 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

If only we'd had a chance to reform the voting structure when Newco were down the leagues then we would be faced with a duopoly...

@IveSeenTheLight seems to be dodging this point. 

2 hours ago, SUTOL said:

The phrase originally was from an article describing the way the two clubs acted was like, Old Firm Friends. 

I haven't heard that before, is that right enough?

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I haven't heard that before, is that right enough?

It's on Wikipedia, so must be true.   😄

But I also remember hearing Bob Crampsey talking about it on the radio years ago. 

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The ticket swap thing will need a lot of good will to work.

He says he’s targeting 15k season ticket holders but this shows me he knows that’s not a realistic target. 

3 hours ago, SUTOL said:

The phrase originally was from an article describing the way the two clubs acted was like, Old Firm Friends. 

Emphasis on Friends, not Old or Firm. They act like Old Friends, or Firm (good) Friends. Age is nothing to do with it.

So no the new The Rangers (formerly Sevco) act as if they are Old (long standing) Friends of Celtic, whether they are (old) or not, and that is one reason they have renewed the OF trademark. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-old-firm-history-18520712.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en-gb/amp/news/why-is-celtic-vs-rangers-called-the-old-firm-derby/2i9ekbdius7e10xt04lrg85s0

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

"a newspaper report stated that both sets of players "got on so well that you would believe that they were old firm friends." "

"the commentators referred to the teams as "like two old, firm friends",

1.  Murray, William J. (1984) The Old Firm: sectarianism, sport, and society in Scotland; Edinburgh: J. Donald Publishers; Atlantic Highlands, N.J. ISBN 0-85976-121-5

IveSeenTheLight
3 hours ago, SUTOL said:

Emphasis on Friends, not Old or Firm. They act like Old Friends, or Firm (good) Friends. Age is nothing to do with it.

So no the new The Rangers (formerly Sevco) act as if they are Old (long standing) Friends of Celtic, whether they are (old) or not, and that is one reason they have renewed the OF trademark. 

Interesting, but even if that's true, the Old would signify a long standing friendship. SevCo, or NewCo simply have not been around long enough in the grand scheme of Scottish football to be considered old.

I'll continue, even till I'm old enough to lose my marbles, to never let them forget that they let the old club die and they currently support a tribute act ;)

IveSeenTheLight
3 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

If only we'd had a chance to reform the voting structure when Newco were down the leagues then we would be faced with a duopoly...

Would you be happy to give away half your gate receipts to opposing teams?

IveSeenTheLight
2 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

It's the same Rangers alright.  The officiating on Sunday confirms it.

No no no.

It's not the same team.

The Orcs and official brothers in arms just opted to follow the tribute act given their old club liquidated and was no longer an option

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Interesting, but even if that's true, the Old would signify a long standing friendship. SevCo, or NewCo simply have not been around long enough in the grand scheme of Scottish football to be considered old.

I'll continue, even till I'm old enough to lose my marbles, to never let them forget that they let the old club die and they currently support a tribute act ;)

Yes it would, and that is how they acted, as if they were.

Edited by SUTOL

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

No no no.

It's not the same team.

The Orcs and official brothers in arms just opted to follow the tribute act given their old club liquidated and was no longer an option

It's still the first game you look for when the fixtures are released every season. And always will be.🙂

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

It's still the first game you look for when the fixtures are released every season. And always will be.🙂

Not at all.

The first game I look for is the first one we play

IveSeenTheLight
29 minutes ago, 151 said:

Imagine singing about being famous and then spend a fortune downsizeing your stadium because your fanbase is embarrasing :lol:.

The club is famous though, regardless of the size of the support.

IveSeenTheLight

Aye, so it is. 

It absolutely is.

Why do other Hearts fans comment on your desire to defend SevCo at every opportunity?

Is SevCo the first fixture you look for, or shoudl I rephrase that to be is Hearts the first fixture you look for when they play SevCo? ;)

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It absolutely is.

Why do other Hearts fans comment on your desire to defend SevCo at every opportunity?

Is SevCo the first fixture you look for, or shoudl I rephrase that to be is Hearts the first fixture you look for when they play SevCo? ;)

Where did I defend them? 

PS. About six fans on here who are as obsessed as you about Rangers is not representative of the Hearts support.👍

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Where did I defend them? 

I didn't say you defended them, I asked why other Hearts fans commented on your desire to defend them (see below)

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're like a rat up a drain pipe as soon as someone dare say something bad about them. 

You're Probably at the stage  now you don't even realise it. 

You've taken Unconscious bias to the next level. 

Never knew the “friends” bit. Kind of feel like calling them the Old Friends would wind both of them up. Might have to start doing that…

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Led Tasso said:

Never knew the “friends” bit. Kind of feel like calling them the Old Friends would wind both of them up. Might have to start doing that…

You should phrase it like when Vardy made a jibe at Kasper Schmeichel & Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg

"Oooh, Old Firm Friends"

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I didn't say you defended them, I asked why other Hearts fans commented on your desire to defend them (see below)

Is that really your argument? SRB? 😂

Forever Hearts
4 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Doesn't mean you have to recognise it.

You keep defending them though if you want

This is where you said I defended them.👍

33 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Would you be happy to give away half your gate receipts to opposing teams?

erm not sure is that's a side step/segway or if am missing some of the detail... so please feel free to put me straight. This is what I was referring too in my (snide) comment;

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/moves-to-change-spl-voting-structure-1393897

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

erm not sure is that's a side step/segway or if am missing some of the detail... so please feel free to put me straight. This is what I was referring too in my (snide) comment;

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/moves-to-change-spl-voting-structure-1393897

Yup, Aberdeen blew the best chance we had to stop the old firm control of voting, I would suspect is Aberdeen thought they could take over Rangers role and dominate Scottish football.

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Abergreen right enough.😢

IveSeenTheLight
17 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

I'm aware what you were referring to, but at the same time as this, there was discussions surrounding changing the structure to make home gates shared with the visiting team.

So again, would you be happy for Hearts to share the home gate receipts with visiting teams?

IveSeenTheLight
29 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

This is where you said I defended them.👍

Fair enough, I'll keep slating and reminding them at every opportunity. You keep challenging that view and defending their right to be referred to as the Old Firm, have history and honours (55 titles) etc

New club for me, won one major honour in their 9 year history

Forever Hearts
Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

Fair enough, I'll keep slating and reminding them at every opportunity. You keep challenging that view and defending their right to be referred to as the Old Firm, have history and honours (55 titles) etc

New club for me, won one major honour in their 9 year history

Not me, it was Celtic who signed up to it.

IveSeenTheLight
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Not me, it was Celtic who signed up to it.

Pedant point from your link

The Intellectual Property Office states that Celtic and Rangers are the registered joint owners of the terms "Old Firm" and "The Old Firm".

Just last Tuesday the term "Old Firm" was renewed by both parties.

I don't recognise it, even if Celtic and NewCo want to go along with it

Forever Hearts
32 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Pedant point from your link

I don't recognise it, even if Celtic and NewCo want to go along with it

I'm sure they'll be devastated.😁

IveSeenTheLight
16 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm sure they'll be devastated.😁

You were just too quick to try and deflect and defend the blue cheek.

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You were just too quick to try and deflect and defend the blue cheek.

Again, where did I defend them? 

IveSeenTheLight

Again, where did I defend them? 

You attempted to deflect the IP issue as being just one of the cheeks doing.

You tried to deflect away from the blue cheek and point toward the green cheek.

Deflection is a defensive mode.

Why are you so keen to deflect and defend the blue cheek?

gorgie rd eh11

Remember the stick we got when we were a few weeks late opening a stand that was built in a very tight window. This mob are already years behind their hoped for move in date and haven't even started.

3 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

I see the Interloper has successfully managed to divert the thread away from his shitty clubs stadium plans.

Don’t worry, we can argue for another 5 years and they’ll be no closer to building anything. 

IveSeenTheLight
5 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

I see the Interloper has successfully managed to divert the thread away from his shitty clubs stadium plans.

That wasn't the intention. I answered any questions posed to me on the stadium.

The derail occured because some would appear didn't like the references made toward the blue arse cheek

IveSeenTheLight
On 14/12/2021 at 13:00, Mikey1874 said:

To be fair to Aberdeen I think 30,000 was mentioned because Scotland were wanting to bid to host the Euros and 30,000 was the required stadium capacity.

Would have been some white elephant had it happened. 

If I recall correctly, the plan was then to adjust back to a 20k stadium after the Euro's

5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

That wasn't the intention. I answered any questions posed to me on the stadium.

The derail occured because some would appear didn't like the references made toward the blue arse cheek

"It wasn't my fault. The big bad man made me do it"

Bore off

Edited by Jonkel Hoon

Forever Hearts
39 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You attempted to deflect the IP issue as being just one of the cheeks doing.

You tried to deflect away from the blue cheek and point toward the green cheek.

Deflection is a defensive mode.

Why are you so keen to deflect and defend the blue cheek?

Nah, I pointed out a simple fact that Celtic renewed the Old Firm trademark. If that doesn't fit your agenda then tough. 

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Nah, I pointed out a simple fact that Celtic renewed the Old Firm trademark. If that doesn't fit your agenda then tough. 

Yet elected to deflect away from SevCo.

I see on another thread that you chose to pick up on that. 

Why does it matter to you so much if supporters elect to remind them all the time that their club was liquidated? That they are a new club with no history beyond 9 years, that they've only won one major honour, that they support a tribute act. I just don;t understand why you wish to defend such a club

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Yet elected to deflect away from SevCo.

I see on another thread that you chose to pick up on that. 

Why does it matter to you so much if supporters elect to remind them all the time that their club was liquidated? That they are a new club with no history beyond 9 years, that they've only won one major honour, that they support a tribute act. I just don;t understand why you wish to defend such a club

You keep saying I defended them, with absolutely no proof. You're just another boring moon howler. 

Nelly Terraces

Anyway, back on message (after our resident interloper tries to deflect the guffaw gifting nature of the actual topic this thread is about).

Not ready until 2025 at the earliest.

Middle of nowhere.

Laugahble small club capacity.

Just :lol::lol::lol: on every level.

Aberdeen FC really are a total joke. It's wonderful to see.:wub:

7 hours ago, SUTOL said:

It's on Wikipedia, so must be true.   😄

But I also remember hearing Bob Crampsey talking about it on the radio years ago. 

They are commercially dependent on each other. They both know this despite their ideological antagonisms. 
The Scottish football authorities and media over the years have understood this and supported the duopoly because they view it as being in the interests of the game in this country.

They both would desert Scottish football in the blink of an eye if they were offered entry to the English set up. Note that any talk about such a move is always couched in terms of both of them going together.