Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

The original goal was to move in to the new stadium for the start of the 2019/20 season. Five months past that they've not even started and yet it's still being spun as some sort of positive.

Was that the original goal timeframe for a move to Kingsford?.

I don;t recall that, unless you've misinterpreted for the training complex

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You would think you would have your funding in place first.

Curious. Unless they thought they could get most from Pittodrie and then not only has value gone down but costs are up. 

IveSeenTheLight
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Curious. Unless they thought they could get most from Pittodrie and then not only has value gone down but costs are up. 

Absolutely.

The market being down and impacting expected revenue quite rightly would make the board re-assess.

I understand that they still see the better option to move and will review how that can be achieved.

gorgie rd eh11
10 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Just stated as a hope and before all the planning delays and rigmarole

Their initial "hope"/goal was to be in at the start of this season. We're past that and there is no sign of even starting the build and no real idea where the funding is coming from. 2023 has been mentioned as an earliest entry, 4 years after the initial hope, yet it's still being spun as a positive story. 

We were slated for opening our new stand 6 weeks later than planned. 

26 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Just stated as a hope and before all the planning delays and rigmarole

Still said it.

Why not say 2023? They said 2019/20 season.

Just suggests they don't actually know if and when they can deliver this.

Because they don't have funding in place. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Still said it.

I think that was made clear yesterday

They hope to secure funding but if not they will need to look at a redevelopment of Pittodrie

They have it seems landed on their feet re the new investment and Chairman..however £50 million is some sum to be able to raise when discussing club the size of Aberdeen

IveSeenTheLight
32 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Their initial "hope"/goal was to be in at the start of this season. We're past that and there is no sign of even starting the build and no real idea where the funding is coming from. 2023 has been mentioned as an earliest entry, 4 years after the initial hope, yet it's still being spun as a positive story. 

31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Still said it.

A statement before all the planning and legal delays.

Once planning was granted, I believe it was stated it would be the 2022/23 season, that said they pushed it back a year again.

There is no doubt that finances has played a part in this and the reduced value of Pittodrie will have been significant, so for sometime now, they've been progressing towards this position of a tie in with Atlanta, Cormack taking over and new investment from America.

The stadium is being reviewed as I understand it, along with other operational matters and Cormack suggested they will be looking at  the whole operations in the next 90 days.

We'll maybe find out more in Feb

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I love the South American angle. 

Good luck getting work permits. No South American will come to Aberdeen who would qualify for a work permit. 

They have far better options worldwide than Scotland 

4 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

The original goal was to move in to the new stadium for the start of the 2019/20 season. Five months past that they've not even started and yet it's still being spun as some sort of positive.

🤔

2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Was that the original goal timeframe for a move to Kingsford?.

I don;t recall that, unless you've misinterpreted for the training complex

🤭

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

No

Here it is from May 2016

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36272704

🤔

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

🤔

2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Absolutely.

The market being down and impacting expected revenue quite rightly would make the board re-assess.

I understand that they still see the better option to move and will review how that can be achieved.

😄 🍿

21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

2032 is my prediction 

Realistic prediction for the gradual and staged redevelopment of Pittodrie. Their accumulated debt will be there long past that date however.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I love the South American angle. 

Good luck getting work permits. No South American will come to Aberdeen who would qualify for a work permit. 

They have far better options worldwide than Scotland 

"Faceless thousands" of South Americans instead of  "faceless thousands" of Liths

Big Slim Stylee
20 hours ago, sadj said:

From Blackburn?

McKenna was shocking for Scotland last week. He’s either not as good as Aberdeen think or he just can’t be assed til he gets the move he wants away from them

Seems to blow a bit hot and cold. Games he looks strong and strolls through, others he’s got bomb scare written on the front of his shirt.

For a top defender, that’s not a good look.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Aberdeen love to talk up a player. Apparently Considine should be in the squad as well as McKenna and Devlin 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

"Faceless thousands" of South Americans instead of  "faceless thousands" of Liths

A breath of fresh air no doubt. 

Its actually one of the reasons other European countries are ahead of us,  South American representatives. 

We aren't allowed but yet the national team still struggles against countries who are.  Doesn't seem to make a huge difference 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Aberdeen love to talk up a player. Apparently Considine should be in the squad as well as McKenna and Devlin 

Tbf if ya listen to an Aberdeen fan (ill excluse Russell on this) they are braindead think the sheepystadium in the floodplains is the best thing ever suggested and willie miller should still be playing for Scotland and doing the catering for the club. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Tbf if ya listen to an Aberdeen fan (ill excluse Russell on this) they are braindead think the sheepystadium in the floodplains is the best thing ever suggested and willie miller should still be playing for Scotland and doing the catering for the club. 

Away to meet my brother. Should be some amazing dream to listen to over my pork medallions  :)

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Away to meet my brother. Should be some amazing dream to listen to over my pork medallions  :)

Who eats pork medallions...Old man that ya are...😉😂 enjoy that feel free to report the gossip on DC ,  SM and Kingwasteofmoneyford. 

22 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

I look forward to seeing Hearts play Aberdeen at Almondvale North in the same year as Oasis reform and Back to the Future 4 comes out.  

Need to get a shifty on Lloyd aint looking his best , starting to look like the judge in roger rabbit when starts melting and Fox isn’t really in a much better place unfortunately...But then they have got Carrie Fisher in Star Wars IX i believe so maybe all bets are off

highlandjambo3
4 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

I will always remember that knob jocky Currie on the evening news with a live broadcast getting stuck right into our late stand.....the tv camera was fixed square on the far corner on a wee patch of ground that was being tarred and, was more or less the very last part of the outside down where the nursery is, there was a mini digger there and a couple of blokes in hi viz jackets.  A wee tinny pan to the left and the tv camera would have picked up the 99% completed stand but, the weegiea were having none of it.  BTW, has the inside in all its glory ever had a showing on the news at anytime?  I’d guess no.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Who eats pork medallions...Old man that ya are...😉😂 enjoy that feel free to report the gossip on DC ,  SM and Kingwasteofmoneyford. 

You couldn't make it up. 2 South Americans on loan in January. 

Between a rock and a hard place,  can't afford to redevelop Pittodrie 

PS medallions were ace. LIDL in tribute to Dan the man

Edited by Sir Gio

27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

:wow:

22285A0A-4DAB-407A-BC18-D93983D0EF03.jpeg

2 South Americans? To help with the building of the bridge and the bus driving to get to Kingswasteford? 

or 

Cormack is bored if McInnes’s dire hoofball and lump it from lump to lump ie McKenna to Cosgrove?

36 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Tbh I hope they cant redevelop or build the new one. Pittodrie is one of the worst stadiums inside iv been in. They built one stand and stopped while everyone else had to rebuild their stadiums. They deserve to struggle for putting that off whilst everyone else suffered.

Take it wiggy got tired getting told to bolt by local firms as he pleaded for cash to fund this albino elephant? At least he can now spend his time trying to find a convincing looking syrup. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Tbh I hope they cant redevelop or build the new one. Pittodrie is one of the worst stadiums inside iv been in. They built one stand and stopped while everyone else had to rebuild their stadiums. They deserve to struggle for putting that off whilst everyone else suffered.

I'll give them some credit they were well ahead of the game in 1980. 40 years later you have an outdated crumbling shithole 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

I'll give them some credit they were well ahead of the game in 1980. 40 years later you have an outdated crumbling shithole 

Them and Clydebank had the first all seated stadiums iirc. Hard to think that was 40 years ago. 😳

38 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Them and Clydebank had the first all seated stadiums iirc. Hard to think that was 40 years ago. 😳

It was still bollox inside 35 years ago 😂 

Guest ToqueJambo

"We were great in the 80s" really should be the motto on their badge.

Guest ToqueJambo
39 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

oh the irony ;)

You were genuinely great in the 80s. Hats off. Largely shite at winning things since then and before then mind you.

19 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I thought the first all seater stadium was McDiarmad park, so thanks for that.

Edit* you were correct, 77 for Clydebank and 78 for Aberdeen - can never remember sitting at Pittordrie :D, too bloody cold.

Edited by Neon

59 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

I thought the first all seater stadium was McDiarmad park, so thanks for that.

Edit* you were correct, 77 for Clydebank and 78 for Aberdeen - can never remember sitting at Pittordrie :D, too bloody cold.

Always freezing there. 

kingantti1874
18 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

"We were great in the 80s" really should be the motto on their badge.

Being honest - the last 6 years have been a shocking failure on our part.. for the majority of the 30 years prior to that I’d agree with however we need to re establish ourselves to our rightful position. 

(even though I still think we’ve had the better of Aberdeen H2H since we came back up)

• 3 months later...
Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Any update on this? 🤔

ISTL is about. Been sniffing around again I'm sure he will find some spin 

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Cant wait. He’s in no way whatsoever a tedious Hearts-hating ditchpig who has been delighting in making trolling arguments as to why we should be relegated over the last few weeks. Kinda surprising since that’s exactly what you would expect from Aberdeen supporters.

IveSeenTheLight
28 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Any update on this? 🤔

On the stadium?

Well the club (Cormack) did carry out a 90 day review which concluded just before the pandemic struck.

Plan was still to go ahead but there are some challenges

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Nothing to spin.

4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

there are some challenges

Some challenges? I’m shocked. I can’t get my head around a club that struggles to break five figures in home support the vast majority of the time facing challenges to build a £50m+ stadium. 

What are these challenges, mate? Are they related to having to close parts of your ground because not enough people want to go and see them play even when they are right in the city? Or is it relating to something else? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Some challenges? I’m shocked. I can’t get my head around a club that struggles to break double figures in home support the vast majority of the time facing challenges to build a £50m+ stadium. 

What are these challenges, mate? Are they related to having to close parts of your ground because not enough people want to go and see them play even when they are right in the city? Or is it relating to something else? 🤷‍♂️

😂

Did you go to the same comprehension lessons as Sir Gio?

As you were Special Agent Doofy

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thats cause Hesagoal chat box finished for now

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

😂

Did you go to the same comprehension lessons as Sir Gio?

As you were Special Agent Doofy

That’s not answered by question though. What are these “challenges” that appear to have got in the way of your totally realistic plan to build a £50m+ stadium?

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

That’s not answered by question though. What are these “challenges” that appear to have got in the way of your totally realistic plan to build a £50m+ stadium?

The challenges are there's hardly any fans to go inside the thing 😆