• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stewart Milne commented that the stadium opening would now likely be in 2023 due to delays in securing funding and permissions, with the hope that property prices in central Aberdeen would rise in the intervening period to maximise sale value of the Pittodrie site for development. Four weeks later, Milne announced he would step aside as chairman, with media speculating that the change in leadership could lead to the club remaining at Pittodrie.

From Wikki.

Looks like further debt and a no sale of Pittodrie or below value sale of Pittodrie will set them back another few years at my guess.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

😂

Did you go to the same comprehension lessons as Sir Gio?

As you were Special Agent Doofy

Its easy to comprehend you are a weirdo. 

Also easy to comprehend your trolling last week seems to have somewhat rebounded. 

You could be gone in 6 months amid the worst humanitarian crisis known in 80 years but yet you are here on a Hearts forum of all places. 

Only 1 person lacking comprehension here, we all have a reason to be here, a love for our club. 

Something I doubt you have ever felt and would struggle to comprehend 

41 minutes ago, Smithee said:

"there are some challenges"

:laugh2:

Now that's dry!

Like that time General Custer had a pretty successful road trip in to the plains of Montana, despite a few challenges along the way.

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its easy to comprehend you are a weirdo. 

Also easy to comprehend your trolling last week seems to have somewhat rebounded. 

You could be gone in 6 months amid the worst humanitarian crisis known in 80 years but yet you are here on a Hearts forum of all places. 

Only 1 person lacking comprehension here, we all have a reason to be here, a love for our club. 

Something I doubt you have ever felt and would struggle to comprehend 

:spoton:

35 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Could put the stadium back a few years. 

Having already been put back a few years. 

It’s almost as if it never had any chance of being built in the first place.

39 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s almost as if it never had any chance of being built in the first place.

A Romanov type enterprise? 

indianajones

Tin pot club and tin pot fans. 

One club city. I'd be embarassed by the situation they are in. 

Edited by indianajones

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Stewart Milne commented that the stadium opening would now likely be in 2023 due to delays in securing funding and permissions, with the hope that property prices in central Aberdeen would rise in the intervening period to maximise sale value of the Pittodrie site for development. Four weeks later, Milne announced he would step aside as chairman, with media speculating that the change in leadership could lead to the club remaining at Pittodrie.

From Wikki.

Looks like further debt and a no sale of Pittodrie or below value sale of Pittodrie will set them back another few years at my guess.

The whole idea is built on fantasy. 

A friendly piece of advice for our Northern friends: give up on this ridiculous move, fight to save Pittodrie, develop what you have and move on. 

With any luck they will bash on regardless and it will end in tears and crippling debt.

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

A friendly piece of advice for our Northern friends: give up on this ridiculous move, fight to save Pittodrie, develop what you have and move on. 

With any luck they will bash on regardless and it will end in tears and crippling debt.

Exactly what I’ve been saying from the very first page of this fairytale nonsense.

Nookie Bear
44 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Exactly what I’ve been saying from the very first page of this fairytale nonsense.

We’ve been there and done that. I don’t expect Aberdeen to respect us but they should learn from us. 

Anything that appears to rely on property prices is too risky for Scottish football. 

And it’s not like the ground is bursting at the seams 😂

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We’ve been there and done that. I don’t expect Aberdeen to respect us but they should learn from us. 

Anything that appears to rely on property prices is too risky for Scottish football. 

And it’s not like the ground is bursting at the seams 😂

Especially when the original planned cost was £50m+ it was absolute madness from the very start. If this had gone ahead Aberdeen FC would be no more right now. If they try and go ahead with the same plans once things are a bit better again, it’ll still destroy them. There is no way they are finding £50m+ without being saddled with an absolutely enormous and unsustainable debt.

7 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Indeed. 

It will no doubt cost more, but they've spent nothing on that stadium for years. Even a check of Google maps suggests they have a decent bit of space to play with. Its not ideal, but there is history at that stadium. The owners owe it to the fans to try and preserve that there. 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Indeed. 

It will no doubt cost more, but they've spent nothing on that stadium for years. Even a check of Google maps suggests they have a decent bit of space to play with. Its not ideal, but there is history at that stadium. The owners owe it to the fans to try and preserve that there. 

I suggested this previously, but apparently they don’t like Pittodrie and would rather move... go figure. Also they need the money from the sale of the land to go towards the project. 

Also, if it is more expensive than £50m+ then it would be a non starter, as there is no way a club like Aberdeen could afford that, and the debts would kill them. 

Quite the pickle. 😏

Lord Beni of Gorgie
44 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I suggested this previously, but apparently they don’t like Pittodrie and would rather move... go figure. Also they need the money from the sale of the land to go towards the project. 

Also, if it is more expensive than £50m+ then it would be a non starter, as there is no way a club like Aberdeen could afford that, and the debts would kill them. 

Quite the pickle. 😏

Land has certainly not gone up, difficult to say it's less valuable. 

I believe their Main Stand like our own old one,  cost a fair bit in maintenance,  a double whammy. 

They still haven't done anything as far as I'm aware with Aberdeenshire council on the footbridge or traffic management system for match days. 

This crisis surely has not helped. 

Cormack has some serious paper value and friends in America. 

The crisis though surely has major implications for him and his partners. 

What is viable now,  I wouldn't like to say, I'm no expert,  but if it was creaking has to be a real issue now 

26 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Cormack has some serious paper value and friends in America. 

This is the thing for me though... what is in it for him/them? £50m+? Even before the crisis, what does he/they get for that investment?

• 3 weeks later...

Just to digress. 

This is being put back by up to 2 years. 

It is actually under review by new owner Cormack. But he has confirmed everything is on hold. No possibility of getting the finance needed for the foreseeable future. 

Oh well. 

Clerry Jambo
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just to digress. 

It is actually under review by new owner Cormack. But he has confirmed everything is on hold. No possibility of getting the finance needed for the foreseeable future. 

Oh well. 

The sheep should go cap in hand to Inverness to ground share.

WoolfordsHearts
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just to digress. 

Oh well. 

I'm sure their celtic pals could give them some old seats from their standing section and give them a bit of a start on their new coup.

queensferryjambo

One thing for sure.

With Aberdeen's recent stance on the SPFL vote if they ever do get a new ground I for one will never pay a penny to get in it ever.

HHGH

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

One thing for sure.

With Aberdeen's recent stance on the SPFL vote if they ever do get a new ground I for one will never pay a penny to get in it ever.

HHGH

I won't be going to any away ground again. 

Whenever I get the urge,  donation to the FOH instead 

Independence
On 23/11/2016 at 16:30, 1971fozzy said:

Looks fine to me and I'm sure it'll be better than what they have now which is a dated out of place stadia. Anything that can get teams closer to the uglies in Glasgow is fine for me.

I agree with this but financing it will be a huge challenge particularly now with the damage to the economy COVID 19 will bring. 

kingantti1874
9 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I won't be going to any away ground again. 

Whenever I get the urge,  donation to the FOH instead 

👏

If you’re going to build a new stadium surely you build one the same as this, it’s only a matter of time before safe standing is legalised fully in Britain, with a stadium like this the entire lower tier can be standing. 

C3841930-472E-4470-BA2A-B891F0A0BF4C.jpeg

• 4 months later...
TyphoonJambo
Just now, Carl Fredrickson said:

Well my flabbers are totally gasted at this news😁😁

5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Well my flabbers are totally gasted at this news😁😁

Aye but enough to bobulate yer disco? 🙊

23 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

News from the 24th of April. You in Peebles?

Oi Oi Malloy!!! No need to be disrespectful to the Peebles contingent. After all, they're still wearing tank-tops down that way and news travels slowly! Here's what's hot down there for the sartorially challenged bumpkins whilst picnicking by the banks of the Tweed. 🙈

20200813_155711.jpg

20200813_155828.jpg

49 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Give it half an hour until or resident sheep comes along to explain why this is a good thing for them. 

One day, 'I've Seen The Light', one day ... until then ...

20200813_163453.jpg

10 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

image.jpeg.cbbd68e5b6334acf40251be5332956f5.jpeg

Back in 1978, Aberdeen’s Pittodrie Stadium became the first all covered, all-seater stadium in Britain.  

Surely it was Hibs who had the 1st all covered, all-seated stadium in Britain? They claim all sorts of 1sts. They certainly had the 1st one with a downward slope, unless I am mistaken. 😉

5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Surely it was Hibs who had the 1st all covered, all-seated stadium in Britain? They claim all sorts of 1sts. They certainly had the 1st one with a downward slope, unless I am mistaken. 😉

Interesting discovery...searching for old photos.

🧐

Unknown user

It's a shame, I would have enjoyed watching it unfold as they slowly started to realise a stadium that needs a fleet of buses brought in every fortnight at the club's expense isn't a good idea. 

They should be thankful TBH, that stadium could have wiped them out.

A 'Must Read' article.  Seriously, a 6ft 3in slope? That's not a 'slope', it's a bleedin' downhill ski-slope!!! 😁

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12191625.time-up-for-slope-graced-by-the-best-with-easter-road-pitch-due-to-be-levelled-lawrie-reilly-recalls-when-hibs-loved-playing-down-the-hill/

Edited by Wee Mikey