• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Confirmed 

😂🤣😂🤣😂. Staying in that shithole then.  Suits them. Outdated, eyesore, shit, not fit for purpose and generally a wart on the landscape.  Good.  

6 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Give it half an hour until or resident sheep comes along to explain why this is a good thing for them. 

He’ll be taking his frustrations out on some poor ewe.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

😂🤣😂🤣😂. Staying in that shithole then.  Suits them. Outdated, eyesore, shit, not fit for purpose and generally a wart on the landscape.  Good.  

Believe that the Main Stand at Pittodrie is a drain on finance too.

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Believe that the Main Stand at Pittodrie is a drain on finance too.

yep read that when they were trying to sell their new site. Good. Hopefully by a lot. The other stands will be ok because there’s basically fek all to them

7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Confirmed 

Well, there’s a massive surprise. 

Seriously, this wasn’t happening even if there had never been a C19. 😄

5 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Surely it was Hibs who had the 1st all covered, all-seated stadium in Britain? They claim all sorts of 1sts. They certainly had the 1st one with a downward slope, unless I am mistaken. 😉

Hibs had th first all covered EMPTY seats stadium surely ?

I’m actually disappointed they aren’t ploughing on. It would almost definitely have killed their club off completely. Shame.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

Looks like the council might give Aberdeen a decent site on the relative cheap to keep them in town going by the latest news

I feel inclined to say that's quite good news. I enjoy Aberdeen away. The only real lengthy away day we have that isn't a complete diddy club. The proposed new ground looked like it was in the middle of nowhere, which would've been fairly miserable.

On 13/08/2020 at 17:30, Wee Mikey said:

Surely it was Hibs who had the 1st all covered, all-seated stadium in Britain? They claim all sorts of 1sts. They certainly had the 1st one with a downward slope, unless I am mistaken. 😉

Uphill slope too.

They don't do things by halves, these cheeky scamps.

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Uphill slope too.

They don't do things by halves, these cheeky scamps.

But they were the last club in the Premier League that had outside toilets at the back of the east shed.

22 minutes ago, David Black said:

But they were the last club in the Premier League that had outside toilets at the back of the east shed.

Called Leith?

To be honest most of the stadiums in Scotland are shiteholes!

Tynecastle has been upgraded, £Millions spent and improved immensely over the last few years but if you look at the rest of Scottish football stadiums, they're mostly shit.

Celtic park is crap, that main stand has been there forever and the rest is just scaffolding with seating. Plug ugly.

Aberdeen looks like it did in 1995.

Ibrox which was the best stadium in Scotland is screaming out for repairs/upgrades but is still half decent.

Hampden is well....Hampdump and a total embarrassment as a national stadium.

Killie still has its old main stand.

Motherwell, Dundee, Dundee United, ICT, Partick, Hamilton etc are all half built and look just awful. Lacking investment.

St.Johnstone, Airdrie and Hibs are semi-decent in comparison to Hamilton or Motherwell.

I would like to see stadium upgrades all over Scotland and Aberdeen's is one thats badly needing upgraded/renewed/replaced.

Our game in Scotland needs better leadership from the top down. Someone who can attract inward investment that benefits all clubs. Not just 4 old firm derbies a year mentality that's held us back for decades!

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

To be honest most of the stadiums in Scotland are shiteholes!

Tynecastle has been upgraded, £Millions spent and improved immensely over the last few years but if you look at the rest of Scottish football stadiums, they're mostly shit.

Celtic park is crap, that main stand has been there forever and the rest is just scaffolding with seating. Plug ugly.

Aberdeen looks like it did in 1995.

Ibrox which was the best stadium in Scotland is screaming out for repairs/upgrades but is still half decent.

Hampden is well....Hampdump and a total embarrassment as a national stadium.

Killie still has its old main stand.

Motherwell, Dundee, Dundee United, ICT, Partick, Hamilton etc are all half built and look just awful. Lacking investment.

St.Johnstone, Airdrie and Hibs are semi-decent in comparison to Hamilton or Motherwell.

I would like to see stadium upgrades all over Scotland and Aberdeen's is one thats badly needing upgraded/renewed/replaced.

Our game in Scotland needs better leadership from the top down. Someone who can attract inward investment that benefits all clubs. Not just 4 old firm derbies a year mentality that's held us back for decades!

I like Ibrox and celtic Park. 

Celtic Park is better inside tho, Ibrox is older. 

Scotland games at both them were better than at Hampden imo. 

Aberdeen out of the "top clubs" is the worst, it is the oldest tho. 

Shite hole. 

kingantti1874

Still can’t see them building it, Aberdeen for me is a dying city.. there is nothing there, they will suffer massively in years to come. A dwindling population as jobs become harder to find

I take no joy in that btw

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Still can’t see them building it, Aberdeen for me is a dying city.. there is nothing there, they will suffer massively in years to come. A dwindling population as jobs become harder to find

Strange they keep building infrastructure and housing then

26 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yes I'm afraid your are right .oil industry is dieing on its feet and apart from that there is nothing else there but fishing and that's about as bad as the oil .so no I can't see a new stadium anytime soon

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Blackshades said:

Yes I'm afraid your are right .oil industry is dieing on its feet and apart from that there is nothing else there but fishing and that's about as bad as the oil .so no I can't see a new stadium anytime soon

:rofl:

Me oh my chaps 

On 13/08/2020 at 16:16, Wee Mikey said:

Oi Oi Malloy!!! No need to be disrespectful to the Peebles contingent. After all, they're still wearing tank-tops down that way and news travels slowly! Here's what's hot down there for the sartorially challenged bumpkins whilst picnicking by the banks of the Tweed. 🙈

20200813_155711.jpg

20200813_155828.jpg

You may have captured my tank-top, but at least you missed my flairs!

PS . . .  who are the Bay City Rollers?

You really couldn’t make this up !

One of the major reasons given for the relocation to the West was they needed to have a stadium and training complex together.

if they go down the route the council are supposedly suggesting they’ll end up with a superb new training complex at Westhill and a new build stadium at the beach.

19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Strange they keep building infrastructure and housing then

And they will keep doing so provided that there is money to be made from existing commitments , right up until the last of the oil drips into the barrel. Oil is dying, although of course there will be efforts made to wring out every last penny from it, but you can already see the more alert of oil companies trying to rebrand themselves as energy suppliers, desperately looking for new energy initiatives to maintain their revenues - as you'd expect.  But stadium wise the sheep have little chance of realising their dreams for Kingsford.

As for sevco, they let Ibrox decay in the past decade but I was told that in last season or two they have invested significant sums to give the place a much needed refurb.

And as for sellick, their stadium has always been (as someone previously said) basically scaffolding with some walkways and seats, built on the cheap. There was a problem with a delay in getting a safety cert 2 seasons ago but they got it over the line despite concerns about some significant structural cracks. 

St Johnstone's is a decent ground in my opinion.

As for Hampden, the least said the better...

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Me oh my chaps 

What's funny about it I have a lot of friends up there and I can assure you their not laughing

There's nothing wrong with Hampden. An outdated design? Yes. A dump? Far from it. 

As for Pittodrie, apart from one stand that IS a dump, and their new stadium is an absolute pipe dream.

kingantti1874

Me oh my chaps 

Without oil and gas it’s a fishing town.. and even that is problematic these days. Wait and see.  

gorgie rd eh11

So still not one breeze block laid. Remember the stick we got for our stand being a couple of months late. They hoped to be in their new stadium in 2019.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

What's funny about it I have a lot of friends up there and I can assure you their not laughing

I have lived here all my life. 

It really isn't that bad, renewables are helping energy related companies. The boom is gone forever but plenty of projects for a good while yet

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Without oil and gas it’s a fishing town.. and even that is problematic these days. Wait and see.  

Its not without oil and gas, or wind though. Not as much,  but still enough. 

For once a subject probably well enough qualified to have a relevant experience and opinion. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It’s a pity Aberdeen hadn’t started building around March <_<

It will never see a brick. Pity though 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its not without oil and gas, or wind though. Not as much,  but still enough. 

For once a subject probably well enough qualified to have a relevant experience and opinion. 

fair enough, I have family at they are pretty bleak about the future. Oil and gas is finite, the government haven’t done a good enough job of investing in the “what’s next” imo.. 

that said you will have better insight than me mate. Apart from my dislike of the football team - I’ve nothing against Aberdeen at all and hope I’m 100% wrong .. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
50 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

fair enough, I have family at they are pretty bleak about the future. Oil and gas is finite, the government haven’t done a good enough job of investing in the “what’s next” imo.. 

that said you will have better insight than me mate. Apart from my dislike of the football team - I’ve nothing against Aberdeen at all and hope I’m 100% wrong .. 

Its never going to be boom time. But the forecast is steady,  wind is not going to compensate fully either but there are energy transition plans and projects, as well of at least another steady 10 years of fossil projects. Then probably a decline of fossils 2030 to 2040. 

Independent companies have largely taken on the main players work.  North Sea doesn't pay for large companies but smaller companies can make a decent go of it.

Better transport infrastructure is likely to attract more industry in time as well. 

Days of silly money have gone, that is for sure

Fort Vallance

Its never going to be boom time. But the forecast is steady,  wind is not going to compensate fully either but there are energy transition plans and projects, as well of at least another steady 10 years of fossil projects. Then probably a decline of fossils 2030 to 2040. 

Independent companies have largely taken on the main players work.  North Sea doesn't pay for large companies but smaller companies can make a decent go of it.

Better transport infrastructure is likely to attract more industry in time as well. 

Days of silly money have gone, that is for sure

I know quite a few people who would like to get out of Aberdeen. Unfortunately there are thousands of people that bought their properties at the top of the market and can't sell without taking a massive hit. House prices are stable enough but the ones that speculated by paying over the odds are suffering now. I don't know many incoming workers that actually go to Pittodrie but the sponsorship AFC get now is a fraction compared to the boom times.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

I know quite a few people who would like to get out of Aberdeen. Unfortunately there are thousands of people that bought their properties at the top of the market and can't sell without taking a massive hit. House prices are stable enough but the ones that speculated by paying over the odds are suffering now. I don't know many incoming workers that actually go to Pittodrie but the sponsorship AFC get now is a fraction compared to the boom times.

Few of my neighbor's moved this year. Basically getting back what they paid, smidgen less.

Things peaked 6 years ago, never going to hit that heights again, but in reality we went back to where we were in 2008.

Bigger companies will eat smaller ones for a while to come, many companies including my own employer have over reacted to COVID19  and need people back in already. 

Good point on property, we are settled and both in decent situation employment wise despite a scare. They won't get so much for Pittodrie but wouldn't bet against it being sold. 

I know a couple of folk that bought in Aberdeens good times 5 odd years ago. They have no work, had to relocate and rent, unable to sell there Aberdeen properties.

The first thing they say to there friends... pre pandemic? "You working?"

Sounds grim and getting grimmer up there 

5 hours ago, dougc said:

You really couldn’t make this up !

One of the major reasons given for the relocation to the West was they needed to have a stadium and training complex together.

if they go down the route the council are supposedly suggesting they’ll end up with a superb new training complex at Westhill and a new build stadium at the beach.

My son is in AFC’s youth academy and I can assure you the Training Complex is not superb! It’s a bungalow built in a field with 4 grass pitches and 4 astroturf pitches with a fence round it and a security barrier. 

The site Aberdeen Council are suggesting is a far far better site for the Stadium but a bit late because as you say the whole reason was to have the training complex and stadium together. I don’t think the stadium will happen tbh. AFC have admitted they have no cash but they have a billionaire American owner 🤔 Sureky he would help out if that’s what he was there for. It’s a pipe dream! 

J.T.F.Robertson
6 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sounds much like where I am.

They've talked diversification for donkeys *but while the oil/gas money rolled in, did next to nothing to follow-up on it.

*I made my fortune 😩 in the industry, btw.

12 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

There's nothing wrong with Hampden. An outdated design? Yes. A dump? Far from it. 

As for Pittodrie, apart from one stand that IS a dump, and their new stadium is an absolute pipe dream.

Sorry have to disagree about Hampden, which offers poor views from just about everywhere for the spectator. Hampden needs to be completely rebuilt from top to bottom and the money to do this is simply not there. Also I have always found Hampden a really difficult stadium to get to with few pubs, restaurants and other amenities within easy reach.

1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

Sorry have to disagree about Hampden, which offers poor views from just about everywhere for the spectator. Hampden needs to be completely rebuilt from top to bottom and the money to do this is simply not there. Also I have always found Hampden a really difficult stadium to get to with few pubs, restaurants and other amenities within easy reach.

Agreed - Hampden is an awful stadium on just about every count. Ibrox, Celtic Park and Murrayfield are all much better stadiums.

16 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

You're having a laugh surely? Hampden is neither one thing nor another. It remains a monument to the incompetence of the SFA. It is a soulless bowl and testimony to the fact that the footballing authorities were more interested in their own stature and payslips, and still are.

There were rumours a while back that certain factions were envisaging a scenario whereby Hampden was to be sold off and another stadium - let's say to the east of the city - would be offered up to serve as national stadium.

Pasquale for King
On 22/01/2021 at 20:10, Chuck Berry said:

Cracking smoking rooms too, I think they’re supposed to be toilets, you know the ones you have to walk up a hundred steps to get to if you’re at the front? Ever tried getting back from there to the city centre after a game?