New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

I could have sworn I had already seen a pic showing the dugouts lying outside the stadium?

That's a photo from a week or two ago I think

Jambo, Goodbye

Things moving so fast it's hard to keep track!

Was today the day we think the roof might be coming down then?

Been a fair few balls kicked right over the roof. Who has the record I wonder? Paterson maybe

I wonder who will be the first to do it with the new Main Stand :lol: It won't be as satisfying not being able to see the ball take a bounce off the roof and wondering if it's going to make it or not!

On that topic, has anyone ever hoofed a clearance out over the Gorgie, Wheatfield or Roseburn stands? Can't remember ever seeing it but it must have happened at some point surely?

I could have sworn I had already seen a pic showing the dugouts lying outside the stadium?

Wee bit trivia. Bonnyrigg Rose are getting those dugouts.

davemclaren

Was the police box an original feature of the Gorgie Road stand? If it's an add on it would be easy to remove. Even if it is original, if it is indeed a wrap around and not an integral part of the roof support system I"d have thought it fairly easy to cut it out and get rid of it. (My expertise here is admittedly derived from watching home improvement programmes on TV!). It certainly isn't necessary to have it in such an intrusive place in an age when air traffic control towers at airports are being replaced by remote monitoring using cameras, with the views being monitored by controllers many tens of miles away from the airport (London City Airport for example).

It was built at the same time as the gorgie stand I think. I agree it's not load bearing. As I mentioned before, Chris Robinson moaned about it as the police demanded something of that size. My understanding from the AB stand meetings is that it is staying as is.

Buffalo Bill

Do the police have the right to say "it's staying"?

Why on earth would you keep something that 1. has no real use these days anyway and 2. is going to block views from the new stand.

As has been discussed, the police are getting very generous new quarters on the ground floor of the new stand anyway. 

I wonder who will be the first to do it with the new Main Stand :lol: It won't be as satisfying not being able to see the ball take a bounce off the roof and wondering if it's going to make it or not!

On that topic, has anyone ever hoofed a clearance out over the Gorgie, Wheatfield or Roseburn stands? Can't remember ever seeing it but it must have happened at some point surely?

Fairly sure Oshaniwa went on a run once and then fired an absolute rocket from about 35 yards into row Z. Closest I've seen

The Natural Order

May be mistaken but I am sure I remember Anne Budge saying at some stage there would be no restricted view seats when the work is completed . That means the police facility will have to be moved.

She'd also have to do something with the restricted views in the Wheatfield. Not going to happen, she was just bumming up the new stand.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Fairly sure Oshaniwa went on a run once and then fired an absolute rocket from about 35 yards into row Z. Closest I've seen

There was one a few years ago when someone landed a ball on top of the Wheatfield when it was blowing a gale.  Literally 5 minutes later, whilst the game was playing the ball rolled back on the roof and on to the pitch.  Can't remember who it was against though.

Jambo, Goodbye

Why on earth would you keep something that 1. has no real use these days anyway and 2. is going to block views from the new stand.

As has been discussed, the police are getting very generous new quarters on the ground floor of the new stand anyway.

Maybe the new police room won't be ready until after our first home game in September. The stand isn't scheduled to be finished until January. (Interior features anyway).

Or perhaps they'll keep the old police box until we have upgraded the other stands to hold more surveillance equipment. Until that time comes perhaps the box is staying put for now?

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

Jamboelite

My understanding is that the police have no real power to demand anything but i guess pissing them off isnt ideal either (not that i think we are)

If they are getting new facilities elsewhere what is the box going to be used for?

Are they just upset they cant see the game.?

Edited by Jamboelite

Tynecastlesmychurch

cea30a95952ea36236a94a7d179f6c3e.jpg

This was the temporary studio used for live broadcasts.

Does anyone remember when they used to put the studio in the roseburn? Always thought it looked really dodgy just sort of supported by a little bit of scaffolding! Mind you on the TV it looked pretty good!

She'd also have to do something with the restricted views in the Wheatfield. Not going to happen, she was just bumming up the new stand.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

That's my interpretation of it too. Basically saying there would be no pillars in the new stand. Should probably have chosen words a bit more carefully.

Would be nuts to have a new stand with seats you never sell though. I'm sure upper N3 had a good few restricted seats that were only ever sold at a last resort did we not? Can see the same for these ones if box not altered/removed.

I remember the N3 ones getting sold Vs Spurs etc and folk complained about not being able to see the goalposts at that end

Would be nuts to have a new stand with seats you never sell though. I'm sure upper N3 had a good few restricted seats that were only ever sold at a last resort did we not? Can see the same for these ones if box not altered/removed.

I remember the N3 ones getting sold Vs Spurs etc and folk complained about not being able to see the goalposts at that end

A blessing on that night.

Nookie Bear

Doughnut machine provided?

Surely the police would be better served situated next to the Roseburn.

Maybe the new police room won't be ready until after our first home game in September. The stand isn't scheduled to be finished until January. (Interior features anyway).

Maybe something in that - police box staying until their new station in the new stand is fully operational

All roads lead to Gorgie

:oohmatron:

I have seen a few suggestive " gestures " aimed at Andy Walker right enough. :2thumbsup: 

sairyinthat

Have they started removing the Ridge caps on the stand roof,Should be the first taken off and will be easily noticed from McLeod st.

tynecastle-1_zpsnfdxbobz.jpeg

nintchdbpict0002988794343.jpg?strip=all&

Based on these, it looks possible to reduce the police box in size, so that it is the same width as the roof upright.  Less room for them, but would eliminate the restricted view.

Edited by primrose

I remember a game on Boxing Day late 80's - sure it was Andy Walker that blootered a penalty all the way to Gorgie Road. Celebrations in the shed were proper mental as it was the best thing that happened in the game. Finished 0 - 0 I'm sure.

nintchdbpict0002988794343.jpg?strip=all&

Based on these, it looks possible to reduce the police box in size, so that it is the same width as the roof upright.  Less room for them, but would eliminate the restricted view.

I was thinking the same re: reducing the box in size. Surely it would make sense as you wouldn't have the pillars going straight through the middle of it. Yes it would reduce the size, but you could feasibly have 2 or 3 on each floodlight pillar. 

I'm sure Thomaso would do a decent price on triangular panes of glass...

Stephen Muddie

Record for clearances over the main must belong to Neilson.

Those were crossfield passes

Hearts_fan

Why is there a pic of new Douglas park on this thread?

Didn't know they'd been tarting the place up. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Those were crossfield passes

Not Robbie's fault that Rudi couldn't jump high enough. ;) 

Record for clearances over the main must belong to Neilson.

Don't think many of his ever got that high, usually just straight in to section P!

Lucille's Thirsty

Based on these, it looks possible to reduce the police box in size, so that it is the same width as the roof upright. Less room for them, but would eliminate the restricted view.

I do hope the new main stand will look like that no Hearts badges on it as I think they are horrid maybe a sponsor will go there.

Unknown user

I do hope the new main stand will look like that no Hearts badges on it as I think they are horrid maybe a sponsor will go there.

I hope there's loads of badges, they look great imo.

I like them.

If it looked like this I wouldn't be disappointed:

666.png

I really don't like them either. They don't even look right, being too long and narrow. Tynecastle would look great with plain maroon seats all round.

Worse than our badges is the St Johnstone lettering at McDiarmid Park.

wouldn't mind HMFC across the middle 4 sections. Think it would look better than the badges

fireeagle51

wouldn't mind HMFC across the middle 4 sections. Think it would look better than the badges

Lots of the middle section will be journalists desks etc so wouldn't look right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DxB Hearts

I like them.

666.png

That is a thing of beauty.

Get the old faded seats replaced, which it looks like is already going on, and replicate the hearts crest in the new stand.

Beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

DxB Hearts

I like them.

666.png

Can anyone with some Photoshop skills fill in the corners? I know, I know it's not going to happen but I'd love to see how that would look!

Lucille's Thirsty

I want four stands with plain maroon seats no badges on them as they look sort of tacky for me as someone mention above I wouldn't mind a "H.M.F.C." on the main stand or wheatfield.

Hungry hippo

I want four stands with plain maroon seats no badges on them as they look sort of tacky for me as someone mention above I wouldn't mind a "H.M.F.C." on the main stand or wheatfield.

I way prefer the unique badges to bland lettering which you see at almost every ground.

Can anyone with some Photoshop skills fill in the corners? I know, I know it's not going to happen but I'd love to see how that would look!

Why has nobody mentioned a retractable roof yet ?

Lucille's Thirsty

I way prefer the unique badges to bland lettering which you see at almost every ground.

I bet we'll see a mixture of everything tbh.

Francis Albert

Totally agree. I don't see anything tacky about the badges - they are part of what makes Tynecastle look a bit different from countless identikit grounds. Also quite subtle and not too in your face.

Francis Albert

The Main stand should be the Main stand and not just a copy of the Wheatfield !

Also agree with this. Hopefully with the tunnel, "dug outs", Directors Box, press seating and maybe something distinctive about the Premium seating areas it will look a bit different and be identifiably the main stand unlike the bland image posted earlier.

Francis Albert

May be mistaken but I am sure I remember Anne Budge saying at some stage there would be no restricted view seats when the work is completed . That means the police facility will have to be moved.

She did indeed talk about "unrestricted views" which I took to be a reference to no pillars. I thought it an odd statement at the time because I assumed that unrestricted views in a brand new stand were a given and didn't imagine anyone would build it with restricted view seats. But then I think Wembley cost about 800m and incredibly has quite a number of seats with restricted views.

Just seen all the old dugout seats on the back of a lorry heading toward Bonnyrigg.

I overtook the lorry on the bypass. Gutted I didn't have my car share today as I'd have got him to get photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk