New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

kingantti1874

Was there not chat at one point that the back wall would stay.. View would be a bit restricted eh? More likely I picked that one up wrong

Love how the timelapse includes 2 games being played. Over in the blink of an eye as well :thumbsup:

Buffalo Bill

My father n law is very ill at the moment. I had a season ticket with him for about 15 years, including four years in Section N upper, where amongst other things we witnessed the de Vries 5-1 and the Andy Davis cheating Hun linesman incident.

What's left of that stairwell was our steps up to Section N upper and back out again, although he never forgave me for leaving the 4-4 Happy New Weir game at 2-4 (I told him I was leaving, but I didn't force him to leave with me!).  

Anyway, seeing this image and getting one final look at those stairs brought back a few good memories of me and him being there together.

DBu2pIrXUAIMYiI.jpg

Edited by Buffalo Bill

What's left of that stairwell was our steps up to Section N upper and back out again, although he never forgave me for leaving the 4-4 Happy New Weir game at 2-4 (I told him I was leaving, but I didn't force him to leave with me!).

Anyway, seeing this image and getting one final look at those stairs brought back a few good memories of me and him being there together

Loads of great memories. Was looking at it and finding it quite sad as it leads to section P where I sit with some of Kickback's finest. Section P next to go.

It was quite good to look for landmarks that are familiar. For example the food kiosk is clearly visible below the stair.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Where's the wrecking ball, we need a proper wrecking ball. :thumbsdown: 

My father n law is very ill at the moment. I had a season ticket with him for about 15 years, including four years in Section N upper, where amongst other things we witnessed the de Vries 5-1 and the Andy Davis cheating Hun linesman incident.

What's left of that stairwell was our steps up to Section N upper and back out again, although he never forgave me for leaving the 4-4 Happy New Weir game at 2-4 (I told him I was leaving, but I didn't force him to leave with me!).  

Anyway, seeing this image and getting one final look at those stairs brought back a few good memories of me and him being there together.

Sending my best to Donald. A proper Hearts man to the core. And a fine gent.

Hagar the Horrible

Hearts spoiling us today! Some more photos they tweeted:

DBu2pIrXUAIMYiI.jpg

DBu2pIrXYAANPct.jpg

DBu2pIyW0AAeNo2.jpg

I am just guessing its too late to change our minds now and keep the old stand

heartsfc_fan

Brilliant picture. Contrast of old and new.

That old stand is 103 years old, and actually very well put together looking at it like that.

Does that wall say 'beware of pickpocketers'?

Yes, and you should know better than to keep your glasses in your pocket

siegementality

Loved the old stand but from those photos it appears of fairly shabby construction!

Aye, so shabby that it stood for 103 years!!!!

davemclaren

What's left of that stairwell was our steps up to Section N upper and back out again, although he never forgave me for leaving the 4-4 Happy New Weir game at 2-4 (I told him I was leaving, but I didn't force him to leave with me!).

Anyway, seeing this image and getting one final look at those stairs brought back a few good memories of me and him being there together.

DBu2pIrXUAIMYiI.jpg

Worked with Donald in the late 70s at RBS in Dalkeith. Sorry to hear this news.

grumpyespana

One from this evening looking through to the Wheatfield.

8w84FeQ.jpg

What is all the scaffolding doing on the floodlight pylon guys.

Gorgie_Rules

DBu2pIrXUAIMYiI.jpg

The walk from that turnstile along the 'beware of pick pockets' wall up the stairs to Section N to a buzzing Tynecastle during the early days of the Romanov era is amazing memories.

It is sad to see it go when thinking of my own and many many past generations memories in that stand but very much looking forward to the new stand being built an the many benefits it will bring for the club. Will be few main stands in the country to rival it.

Going by how season ticket sales appear to be in the stand its going to look fantastic on the TV as well.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Hope we're planning on keeping the TV camera position on the Wheatfield side...

I hope enough people will be staying put in the Wheatfield so the atmosphere comes over well on TV. A full main stand will be impressive viewing but the sound levels need the Wheatfield full as well.

How else they going to fill in the corners with the standing sections?

Alwayssunnyingorgie

Hopefully we fill in the corners in the next few years, a 25k seater would be great

Hopefully we fill in the corners in the next few years, a 25k seater would be great

:D

Complexities of architecture in 3...2... 

FWIW I think there probably is some modern way of restructuring the stadium to solve the issue, its just the money required to do it would probably put the club back in circa ?30m worth of debt if not more.

Darkwhisky7

I was told by a guy I know a wee while ago who's company is doing some of the work involving the steel that there is some strengthening work getting done on the pylons. No idea whats involved but he showed me some photos he took from the top of the pylons when the truss was put in place, they were impressive looking right along the new truss. I have noticed the scaffolding has been around the pylon for quite a while now since the truss was raised.

It's smaller than I thought to would be - joking - saw this today while waking to work.

There will be much smaller, less obtrusive, vertical face caps on the HMFC facade. Also the glass panels are wider.

Enzo Chiefo

I remember vividly 3 great victories,all watched from Section N Upper. Firstly, as a 10 year old I saw Frank Liddell's winning header to beat Airdrie and clinch the first Division title in 1980. Followed up with our return to the Premier in 1983 and wee Robbo''s double in the 3-2 derby win. Finally, the 4-2 Scottish Cup win v Rangers in 1994/95? and big Dave McPherson''s mazy run up the wing. Great memories.

Couple of quick pics as I passed this morning. Can't see much to be fair, the gable end is gone (obviously) but I expect a fair amount of the stand to be gone within the next few days...

91a3d0a61a3e6691ec5270d094b991f9.jpg

103275c52d704447c819d5d118b980bd.jpg

4118328fd0e68b27bc1ef7f3f4549d57.jpg

fffa646a1eb9a77d63ddf85bc7bf80dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was actually starting to think that all my expectations of being a bit sad during the demolition were proving to be unfounded - but these latest pics are probably the first ones which have resulted in feeling the sort of emotions I thought I might feel at the start of this project.

Its sad to see it coming down, but it remains very exciting at the same time. True mixed emotions.

As an aside, will they be leaving the outer brick wall till last to come down? Or will they tear that down as they move along towards the gorgie end?

hughesie27

Would be really interesting if they somehow managed to keep a small section of the back wall standing.

Deans Jambo

Hearts tweeted a video of the demolition at the Roseburn end:

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/872488853126475776

image.png

That end of the stand brings back memories of when, as a young 7yr fan, I sat in the 'wing stand' watching us play Rangers with my Dad and brother. It was 1984 and the game finished 2-2 thanks to a late late goal from John Robertson. My memory is of all the fans congregating on the terrace below me heading for the Mcleod Street exit as the game neared it's end. Then the explosion of joy and sheer bedlam as Robbo bagged an injury time equaliser! I just stood watching in awe.

Clark Griswold

DBu2pIyW0AAeNo2.jpg

This side-on one shows how much further back and taller the new stand is going to be. 

Section P was my first Hearts game circa mid nineties against Dunfermline, ended in a 1-1 draw IIRC so will be sad when its gone. Didn't think I would be, but its an end of an era and the memories will stay with me forever. RIP old girl.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

:D

Complexities of architecture in 3...2...

FWIW I think there probably is some modern way of restructuring the stadium to solve the issue, its just the money required to do it would probably put the club back in circa ?30m worth of debt if not more.

It would be easy, just hire those support things you use when you take down a supporting wall from HSS to hold the roof, Whack some steel and concrete in, It would probably only take a few days for someone good at diy.

kingdannyb

I thought I might feel a bit emotional seeing the old girl come down.

I don't.

The quicker, the better I say !

Dallas Green

Getting a wee bit sad seeing the old girl torn down.

Also incredibly excited about seeing the new stand go up.

sairyinthat

Couple of quick pics as I passed this morning. Can't see much to be fair, the gable end is gone (obviously) but I expect a fair amount of the stand to be gone within the next few days...

91a3d0a61a3e6691ec5270d094b991f9.jpg

103275c52d704447c819d5d118b980bd.jpg

4118328fd0e68b27bc1ef7f3f4549d57.jpg

fffa646a1eb9a77d63ddf85bc7bf80dc.jpg

Say one thing for you Mr S You're  inventive great foteys

jamtartan74

My last game in the main was the 6-0 against Motherwell in section N, not a bad game to be at for my last. It's sad seeing it ripped down but new beginnings and all that.

Like a few others, feeling a great deal of sadness as the stairs leading to upper N and the pie stall are about to get flattened.

Don't feel quite so sad about the toilets behind though, about time they were condemned!

Prince Buaben

My last game in the main was the 6-0 against Motherwell in section N, not a bad game to be at for my last. It's sad seeing it ripped down but new beginnings and all that.

Mine was 5-0 defeat from celtic 

jamtartan74

Mine was 5-0 defeat from celtic

ouch, happy with mine tbf [emoji23]

Where's the wrecking ball, we need a proper wrecking ball. :thumbsdown:

You mean like this?     Miley+Cyrus+-+Wrecking+Ball+(27).jpg  

She started half an hour ago and there's already a queue of punters with cameras half way along gorgie road.

Edited by JohnB

Alwayssunnyingorgie

You mean like this? Miley+Cyrus+-+Wrecking+Ball+(27).jpg

She started half an hour ago and there's already a queue of punters with cameras half way along gorgie road.

She's gonna be wrecked by balls

Lucille's Thirsty

It's all gathering pace now excited to see the interior of the new stand being done next.

Not the emotional type for the old main stand good riddance.

BelgeJambo

You mean like this?     Miley+Cyrus+-+Wrecking+Ball+(27).jpg  

This is going to end up in grown men fighting on here