New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

All roads lead to Gorgie

You mean like this?     Miley+Cyrus+-+Wrecking+Ball+(27).jpg  

She started half an hour ago and there's already a queue of punters with cameras half way along gorgie road.

That is what I was thinking. We should go the extra miley to do it right.

She's gonna be wrecked by balls

Her voice sounded a bit deep at the Manchester concert, she might already have a pair. :2thumbsup: 

DBu2pIyW0AAeNo2.jpg

This side-on one shows how much further back and taller the new stand is going to be. 

Section P was my first Hearts game circa mid nineties against Dunfermline, ended in a 1-1 draw IIRC so will be sad when its gone. Didn't think I would be, but its an end of an era and the memories will stay with me forever. RIP old girl.

It also looks as if there will be quite a big gap between the end of the new stand and the Roseburn one.

Clark Griswold

It also looks as if there will be quite a big gap between the end of the new stand and the Roseburn one.

True although it could just be the perspective this photo is taken from. I guess you'd need to see it in person to get a true sense. Wonder if any of the plans show the proximity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll be the same as the other three stands, though there is the vehicle ramp to incorporate between the Roseburn and new main

BelgeJambo

True although it could just be the perspective this photo is taken from. I guess you'd need to see it in person to get a true sense. Wonder if any of the plans show the proximity.

Isn't there a walkway and steps up to the Roseburn on the end of the new main stand?

The ends of the new stand will connect up to the floodlight towers, as per all the other stands.

The only gap between the new stand and the Roseburn is the single lane emergency services access road, which is very much like what we have now.

All roads lead to Gorgie

It will just be like the open areas at each end of the Wheatfield, like the large open square to the west of the Gorgie above the steps.

The only gap between the new stand and the Roseburn is the single lane emergency services access road, which is very much like what we have now.

The access road is through a tunnel under the new stand

hmfc_liam06

My last game in the main was the 6-0 against Motherwell in section N, not a bad game to be at for my last. It's sad seeing it ripped down but new beginnings and all that.

The Liverpool game was mine.

The access road is through a tunnel under the new stand

Quite correct, I believe this will create a notch in the new stand with no seats much like the recent state of section N, with seats above the new tunnel able to go right to the edge of the stand.

Quite correct, I believe this will create a notch in the new stand with no seats much like the recent state of section N, with seats above the new tunnel able to go right to the edge of the stand.

Correct

"Can those reclined on row 8 lift your legs up as the ambulance passes below, thanks"

It will just be like the open areas at each end of the Wheatfield, like the large open square to the west of the Gorgie above the steps.

Great for the wind tunnel effect. We should have put the police control box at the Roseburn end to be closer to the most likely trouble makers assuming we are going to be giving the whole Roseburn Stand to Celtic, Rangers Hibs and maybe Aberdeen.

Great for the wind tunnel effect. We should have put the police control box at the Roseburn end to be closer to the most likely trouble makers assuming we are going to be giving the whole Roseburn Stand to Celtic, Rangers Hibs and maybe Aberdeen.

Good point Davy

The police control room and side door access via the vehicle ramp to the stadium is by the Roseburn end in the new stand. You'll still get a lot of them standing on the ramp during Cat A games I'm sure.

Police box can GTF!

Mid Calder Jambo

The police control room and side door access via the vehicle ramp to the stadium is by the Roseburn end in the new stand. You'll still get a lot of them standing on the ramp during Cat A games I'm sure.

Police box can GTF!

:bobby:

CRWJambo1991

My last game in the main was the 6-0 against Motherwell in section N, not a bad game to be at for my last. It's sad seeing it ripped down but new beginnings and all that.

My last game in the main stand also mate.

I'll never forget that skill by Djoum

Edited by CRWJambo1991

Mine was when we avoided relegation on the last day in the Tommy McLean era :lol:

Ricardo Quaresma

Mine was when we avoided relegation on the last day in the Tommy McLean era :lol:

That was tense! A penalty by Robbo to put us 2 up

Last game was the recent win over Dundee; was in the Gorgie v the sheep for one last look

jamtartan74

My last game in the main stand also mate.

I'll never forget that skill by Djoum

good stuff bud and yes great skill, wish he played like that last season. And although a crap season Ray it would have been a good day avoiding relegation [emoji1303].

The Natural Order

Good eyesight, seeing Firhill from Tynecastle's main stand.

Good eyesight, seeing Firhill from Tynecastle's main stand.

Partick game was under sandy Clark

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Aye, but once it gets filled in it will look great... :arf:

The Natural Order

Partick game was under sandy Clark

Christ, so it was! So many shite teams and managers to keep track of over the years.

Christ, so it was! So many shite teams and managers to keep track of over the years.

I think it was Motherwell we beat at Tynie in the last game of 1994/95 season. There was some "over exuberance" with fans running on the pitch. I jumped the fence from the old south enclosure then shat it and jumped back in the stand!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

These photos are distasteful. It's like watching my grandmother strip

WalterWhite

My last game in the auld lady was a under 21s match season before last v Dundee United . Sitting above Mixu in the directors box giving two wee lads a telling off for giving the fat earse the 5.1 sign.

:rofl:

I probably laughed more than I should have.

Watt-Zeefuik

FFS no need to bring that up on a public forum. It was just that once and I apologized profusely already.

Hearts_fan

Eh?

Fxxx the SPFL

how olds your grannie just wondering.

That's not a masonic question before any goatherders jump on the bandwagon lol

Lord Beni of Gorgie

how olds your grannie just wondering.

That's not a masonic question before any goatherders jump on the bandwagon lol

Both 6ft under but the Mrs has one that's 87! It's hide behind the fingers job watching the old lady laid bare. For avoidance of doubt among deviant minds....the stand

been here before

My last game in the auld lady was a under 21s match season before last v Dundee United . Sitting above Mixu in the directors box giving two wee lads a telling off for giving the fat earse the 5.1 sign.

Think that might have been my last one. Youth Cup semi-final which we won 2-0 before getting beat at Hampden by Motherwell in the final?

Think that might have been my last one. Youth Cup semi-final which we won 2-0 before getting beat at Hampden by Motherwell in the final?

Mine too. There were two alchies who were necking botles of vodka and swearing big time all the youth teams got moved by their coaches well away from them but the pair never reappeared for the second half

Couple this morning, the main stand is decreasing in size every single day...

b76754e2c707ed36e2e9ed1fe31b9640.jpg

8ae2267a63c7bac983a1cc2cf205d037.jpg

223c7b001776b29f3bfa8721fcb73dc8.jpg

35f5f1d7980a681d0af5386e99b390cc.jpg

image.png

image.png

What's the seating numbers again I know been mentioned many times is it low from left to right as looking at stand from pitch? Anyone know? Going from n3 upper last season think will seem to be closer to the edge of the stand just for curiosity for myself and mates. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BelgeJambo

Morning Glory

Brilliant photos Mr S. Being able to clearly see through to the Wheatfield stand from McLeod Street feels like another milestone along the way. I'll be able to see my seat soon  :2thumbsup:

Cracking photos, mate. Edited by DG_HMFC

WalterWhite

Was hoping pictures of the new changing rooms and tunnel in Wheatfield would be out.

sairyinthat

That end of the new stand where the site offices are,is that the section designated for the Nursery?

Buffalo Bill

That end of the new stand where the site offices are,is that the section designated for the Nursery?

Yes, on the ground floor.