New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Thanks very much.

Don't worry all sources including the board will get full credit.

I'll wait and see what other sources I hear from, if any, before moving forward and I'll be sure to keep in touch.

Thanks again,

Paul

How about you set up an email account and all those willing can fire their pics to you? Non full members can't upload pictures to the board and I have a few I'd happily share. Just a thought.

Just passed. Couldnae get a decent picture as there were security guards floating about the McLeod St entrance.

Seems I was a bit premature saying the whole gable end was away. Turns out it's only a bit of it. Tried to get a pic but the quality is brutal...

bd1af7fec95a2f8f59327de37a679140.jpg

Hopefully you can make out sheets of the gable end HAVE been removed but some still remain. I'm hearing that the innards of the stand have almost been completely gutted out. The roof will be pulled down towards the pitch (which will obviously be protected) and this is to commence at the start of next week.

That's the section (North Stand Wing) where I saw my first game!!

It's such a shame that the windows at the top were 'bricked' up! Although they had 'frosted' glass I remember that they still opened slightly so it was possible to 'shout out' to those outside! Fantastic stand in its day but outdated which led to compromises e.g. Windows removed and the 'new' reception entrance which I'm sure would never have been approved apart from the fact it was hidden by the HMFC social clubs - Ace Of Hearts and Roseburn Suite!

I've renewed my season ticket AND I hope all current ST holders and many more do the same. Let's fill Tynecastle Park and 'build the future'!!

I'm fairly sure Farin and Kila just wander down. You are making money out of tourists to get a photo!!!

None of the above is me taking the piss obviously.

Listen if I pick up a Chinese tourist at The Waverley and they want to go to the castle...are you telling me I SHOULDNT point out the home of Heart of Midlothian on the way?? :-)

Bazzas right boot

Can't see much of the gable end I'm afraid!

image.jpg

:rofl:

That bush must get annoying.

Nowt wrong with a wee bush, hides the surprise.

davemclaren

Listen if I pick up a Chinese tourist at The Waverley and they want to go to the castle...are you telling me I SHOULDNT point out the home of Heart of Midlothian on the way?? :-)

Brilliant. :)

Well you are showing them the most important Castle in town!!

Can't see much of the gable end I'm afraid!

image.jpg

:rofl:

That bush must get annoying.

LT, from experience, some bush can be tastier than others ;)  

BelgeJambo

Honestly Notts there's been days when I've knocked back fares to go and get pictures!! I'll be doon that way the morn, will defo get a better pic or two.

Have to say though folks, how come I get it tight for pics but lucky gits like Farin and Kila and Hearts1874 etc just get to add them as and when?!?! Get the pressure on them too ya arseholes :-)

Calm Doon Mr S

Set the Dot Counters on ye

Calm Doon Mr S

Set the Dot Counters on ye

No the dot coonters?!!!

bcdd5a9d48d4aa7463b0c783ccfe8878.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strachsuit

Deary me. The Ann Budge section has "teh" instead of "the" in the first paragraph, "if" instead of "of" in the second, "thefunding" runs together in the fourth. Who was responsible for proofing? :rolleyes:

Edited by Strachsuit

Deary me. The Ann Budge section has "teh" instead of "the" in the first paragraph, "if" instead of "of" in the second, "thefunding" runs together in the fourth. Who was responsible for proofing? :rolleyes:

Levein.

I found that site from across the road. Maybe it isn't officially released yet but it's public so they should be doing better with their initial testing/proofing!

Levein.

What a waste of Post #10000 on this thread.

Was hoping for at the very minimum, a :fth: or two.

The Treasurer

Leave the criticism about text and spelling to our resident nit-picker

Lucille's Thirsty

As we pass the 10,000th post and 1,000,000 views, it is now time to re-fresh the Geeks Post-Count Roll of Honou...Shame.

kila 427 Thomaso 396 Mikey1874 312 Mr Sifter 268 Buffalo Bill 265 farin 261 Du?ko 203 Lucille's Thirsty 173 jonnothejambo 146 davemclaren

Dear me, get a life, eh?

:lol:

I was hoping to be higher.

ThommoHMFC

I was told there was a picture of where the temporary tunnel will be, posted on this thread. Been raking through the pages and can't find it.

Anyone able to repost it? I sit in that area, want to see if my seat is affected.

Cheers.

I was told there was a picture of where the temporary tunnel will be, posted on this thread. Been raking through the pages and can't find it.

Anyone able to repost it? I sit in that area, want to see if my seat is affected.

Cheers.

post-5690-0-41893300-1496407316_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

Bungalow Bill

I am glad that is just a temporary tunnel I don't like that at all.

What would make you like it?

It looks like every other tunnel to me...

Edited by Apache Mal

As we pass the 10,000th post and 1,000,000 views, it is now time to re-fresh the Geeks Post-Count Roll of Honou...Shame.

kila 427 Thomaso 396 Mikey1874 312 Mr Sifter 268 Buffalo Bill 265 farin 261 Du?ko 203 Lucille's Thirsty 173 jonnothejambo 146 davemclaren

Dear me, get a life, eh?

The Bridesmaid position for me!

I'm a PHM.......

Lucille's Thirsty

What would make you like it?

It looks like every other tunnel to me...

It's temporary so I've began to like it.

It's temporary so I've began to like it.

No three-year contract then.

Boo!

King Of The Cat Cafe

It gets worse

"All supporters who wish to renew their season tickets must do so," - no need for that comma

"during this period as otherwise, the seats will be released for resale." - no need for that comma, possibly one after "period"

"The only exception to the above relates to those season ticket holders in the Main Stand, who wish to move their seats due to the pricing differential"- no need for that comma.

"Their seats will be marked for possible release, but will not actually be sold, until they have been given the option of a seat elsewhere in the stadium, during Period 2."- no need for the second comma, and the first is hardly crucial either.

Shocking.

Strachsuit

It gets worse

"All supporters who wish to renew their season tickets must do so," - no need for that comma

"during this period as otherwise, the seats will be released for resale." - no need for that comma, possibly one after "period"

"The only exception to the above relates to those season ticket holders in the Main Stand, who wish to move their seats due to the pricing differential"- no need for that comma.

"Their seats will be marked for possible release, but will not actually be sold, until they have been given the option of a seat elsewhere in the stadium, during Period 2."- no need for the second comma, and the first is hardly crucial either.

Shocking.

I've noticed it a couple of times in previous club statements as well. Very poor. Whoever is responsible should get someone else to check it over before it is made public, it's not difficult. It makes the club look so amateurish.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I've noticed it a couple of times in previous club statements as well. Very poor. Whoever is responsible should get someone else to check it over before it is made public, it's not difficult. It makes the club look so amateurish.

It is all this " Cathro speak", it is getting to everyone.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I'll upload a few more later.

e158dcbec56eff25b9d3ceebf01e4c11.jpg

Just put a bit of terracing under the old roof and we could have had the shed back. ;) 

alwaysthereinspirit

Sad but at the end of the day it was required for us to keep moving forward.

I'll upload a few more later. e158dcbec56eff25b9d3ceebf01e4c11.jpg

Got a wee tear in my eye there cheers auld girl and thanks for the memories .

And cheers for the updates farin .

Was down Gorgie today, and now have even more respect for our photographers on this thread.

Not only is the stand so big that it's nigh on impossible to take a decent shot, but you're having to contend with the over-zealous security guards as well!

Great work folks, keep it up!

The Enclosure's already gone!  Bit of a lump in my throat now, many a happy time spent there, was only in the seating in the main stand above the Enclosure a few times, so won't be nearly so sad when that goes.

Fairly coming along, stripped out to almost just a shell.

As an aside how good is the pitch looking btw