New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Lucille's Thirsty

Tynecastle under the light with a retractable roof imagine how dark it would be inside.

I take it they never started taking roof down today??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, not according to the steward I chatted to after I was down renewing late this afternoon. He thought it was another week before the roof would start coming down - but then again, that may be his opinion only.

PeterintheRain

I overtook the lorry on the bypass. Gutted I didn't have my car share today as I'd have got him to get photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dugout covers are still down at the School End gate at 7:50 tonight. Unlike Kila and his phone who was up the other end peeking in the open gate. Unless there was somebody else taking pictures and they've not posted them?

Jambof3tornado

Seats will have the sponsors name across them

Given the sponsor will change eventually I assume you mean some form of temporary stickering?

Bridge of Djoum

They can't. Greenginger has solid info we don't own the roof so we can't tear it down.

Totally agree. I don't see anything tacky about the badges - they are part of what makes Tynecastle look a bit different from countless identikit grounds. Also quite subtle and not too in your face.

I also love the badges!

Hungry hippo

Given the sponsor will change eventually I assume you mean some form of temporary stickering?

Would depend on the deal. Could be a long term sponsor if someone was prepared to pay enough.

while guys at the school end are busy putting precasts in

Oh and the guy a few pages back asking for use of photos  No problem bash on

DSCF2691.jpg

Edited by brownkg

Lucille's Thirsty

loads of concrete being poured today at second floor level

DSCF2684.jpg

DSCF2687.jpg

These are nice pics mate.

:thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

I presume they are still putting in lifts and the escalator, I think I still see holes in the roof where the lifts can be placed but how will they get the escalator in?

https://books.google.com.tw/books?id=UHVrpBltxlUC&pg=PA81&dq=do+escalators+get+build+on+site+or+are+they+one+piece&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjtwLPghKjUAhUBupQKHSHnAsgQ6AEIKzAB#v=onepage&q=do%20escalators%20get%20build%20on%20site%20or%20are%20they%20one%20piece&f=false

This construction manual says they are normally one piece units, but can be taken through the building laterally.

Guessing construction of the remaining window panels will halt until they take down the roof?

Not been near the site, but a good indication that the roof removal will be Haz-Mat containers to put the roof sheets in as they have to be encapsulated to dispose of safely. Removal of asbestos sheets is taken very seriously by HSE as you have to make sure it doesn't become airborne.

Ps: hope this doesn't give green minger a new lease of life :-((

Edited by jamboozy

I presume they are still putting in lifts and the escalator, I think I still see holes in the roof where the lifts can be placed but how will they get the escalator in?

Easily, escalator steps comes in parts

Bazzas right boot

Can't wait to sit in the shiney new Stand. It's looking fabby.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

I seen it yesterday for the first time, it's alot bigger than I thought, it looks great

A big crane and some Norwegians :thumbsup:

PortyJambo

A few from this evening

IMG_7308.jpg

That puddle will be getting bigger by the minute today...maybe we should adjust the plans and go for an ornamental pond outside the front entrance

Nucky Thompson

That puddle will be getting bigger by the minute today...maybe we should adjust the plans and go for an ornamental pond outside the front entrance

going by the massive puddles forming in my garden, we should maybe make it an Olympic sized swimming pool

Seymour M Hersh

Tynecastle under the light with a retractable roof imagine how dark it would be inside.

Especially if the floodlights were outside of the retractable roof.

Lucille's Thirsty

Especially if the floodlights were outside of the retractable roof.

I meant how dark being in the stands would be as the floodlight would be pointing to the pitch.

:thumbsup:

Apologies if already been posted.

IMG_0154_zpsq72ozpko.jpgThe

I think Hearts have missed a trick with the demolition of the Main Stand, I've visited the area a few times recently in hope of gaining access to the Wheatfield/Gorgie concourses but sadly to no avail. 

I was hoping Hearts would allow the fans, who wish to record history in the making, a vantage point to do so, yesterday as i was in renewing the season tickets i asked again if it was possible, the security guard laughed and commented on the health and safety aspect as there would be dust clouds blowing over towards the Wheatfield Stand, he knew it was a petty excuse, i knew it was a petty excuse but he was under strict orders.

Funny how there was at least 100 school kids out on the distillery pitch training and what with the Grangemouth  and Moss Morn plants not that far away i just wonder how safe we are from the Main Stand demolition dust.

If anyone has pictures of the pitch side demolition PLEASE post for people like me.

and when i talk of vantage points I'm not asking for full control of the diggers or actually on site, as i say a vantage point within a "safe" area within the Wheatfield of Gorgie Rd End would be suitable.

Fxxx the SPFL

I think Hearts have missed a trick with the demolition of the Main Stand, I've visited the area a few times recently in hope of gaining access to the Wheatfield/Gorgie concourses but sadly to no avail. 

I was hoping Hearts would allow the fans, who wish to record history in the making, a vantage point to do so, yesterday as i was in renewing the season tickets i asked again if it was possible, the security guard laughed and commented on the health and safety aspect as there would be dust clouds blowing over towards the Wheatfield Stand, he knew it was a petty excuse, i knew it was a petty excuse but he was under strict orders.

Funny how there was at least 100 school kids out on the distillery pitch training and what with the Grangemouth  and Moss Morn plants not that far away i just wonder how safe we are from the Main Stand demolition dust.

If anyone has pictures of the pitch side demolition PLEASE post for people like me.

Get yerself a yellow hi-viz jacket and hard hat and if the security try and stop you just say 'jimmy sent me'

Walked past today to renew my season ticket. For anyone who hasn't/can't see the new stand - it is bloody huge, even more so in person than the good photos that have been posted. Must be about 3 times the depth of the old stand. It will be magnificent. 

The stadium has been designated a restricted zone on a building site.  The Club have to operate a no risk policy as they would have the Health & Safety Executive all over them.

Cut The Crap

Twenty-two years ago I spent a fair chunk of the summer regularly checking on the progress of the construction of the Roseburn Stand from the Gorgie Road End seats.

No ill effects from dust clouds so far...

Twenty-two years ago I spent a fair chunk of the summer regularly checking on the progress of the construction of the Roseburn Stand from the Gorgie Road End seats.

I can assure you Health & Safety regs on site are much more onerous now than they were 22 years ago.

Yes I stayed in Dalry at the time and used to pop along regularly to oversee the construction of first the Wheatfield and then the Roseburn.

Sadly the H&S initiatives have taken a greater importance these days.

Better safe than sorry I suppose.

They don't need a hole in the roof to put a lift in. Everything will probably go in from the bottom and hoisted up.

Shame they didn't put a camera up to record the demolition and installation in timelapse, would've been a great spectacle.

A big crane and some Norwegians :thumbsup:

Yip - thats the way!!

That's how PTs were put in (Without Norwegians!)

Jamboelite

Shame they didn't put a camera up to record the demolition and installation in timelapse, would've been a great spectacle.

They have, i think there are at least two set up one insideat the school and one at the Wheatfield.

And for people wanting to watch the demolition from all angles, while i would love it too health and safety will be Hearts main concern. they arent going to risk any issues.

Edited by Jamboelite

Jamboelite

They have, i think there are at least two set up one inside at the school and one at the Wheatfield.

And for people wanting to watch the demolition from all angles, while i would love it too health and safety will be Hearts main concern. They arent going to risk any issues.

They have, i think there are at least two set up one inside at the school and one at the Wheatfield.

And for people wanting to watch the demolition from all angles, while i would love it too health and safety will be Hearts main concern. They arent going to risk any issues.

Have they? Excellent, can't wait to see it! Thanks for posting Jamboelite.