New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

One I took today when passing. Looks like they are starting to take the roof off

post-19308-0-44319600-1496761285_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Burnsey

One I took today when passing. Looks like they are starting to take the roof off

Was that today? I thought the dugouts were away to Bonnyrigg

Pans Jambo

Was that today? I thought the dugouts were away to Bonnyrigg

I seen the dug out covers along the entrance to the Roseburn. Looking like they were put there to be uplifted.

Also, the structure is mahoosive!

That would look good in the garden.

sairyinthat

Fotey is tipped on it's side so can't quite see but the ridge caps are intact and they will be the first things to be removed cause the sheets will taken down intact.

post-19308-0-44319600-1496761285.jpg

They picked a good day to start taking the roof off!

Budge - "Also, soon to be announced, is the pricing, seasonal and multi- seasonal options for our new and very exclusive Premium Seating Section in the centre of the main stand. With only around 200 of these executive seats available we anticipate that they will be in high demand."

Budge - "Also, soon to be announced, is the pricing, seasonal and multi- seasonal options for our new and very exclusive Premium Seating Section in the centre of the main stand. With only around 200 of these executive seats available we anticipate that they will be in high demand."

Got a feeling these are going to be v. expensive.

And that Ann already has 200 Hearts and non Hearts business acquaintances already lined up.

Edited by DETTY29

Everything under it will get soaked......

Ah hope thur disposin eh that asbeztoz proper like or al be on teh the elfin safety execativ likesay!

Got a feeling these are going to be v. expensive.

And that Ann already has 200 Hearts and non Hearts business acquaintances already lined up.

Id imagine these premium seats would have access to one of the lounges. Hospitality in the Gorgie Suite was between ?100 and ?130 per game so would it be safe to assume a similar price for these seats? If so that would be ?2-3k for a seat. That will rake in a cool ?500 000!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shanks said no

is that the end section of the new stand compared with the old? Or is there another section of the new to be added?

is that the end section of the new stand compared with the old? Or is there another section of the new to be added?

That is the end section that you're seeing. The old main stand significantly overruns the length of the pitch, where as the new one will more-or-less line up with the Wheatfield opposite. Side note - because the old stand 'cuts in' at the Roseburn end, it's not running parallel to the line of the new stand in the photo which makes it look comparatively longer than it actually is. So there's a bit of a gap between the steelwork and the brick retaining wall of the old stand in the photo.

Walked past today to renew my season ticket. For anyone who hasn't/can't see the new stand - it is bloody huge, even more so in person than the good photos that have been posted. Must be about 3 times the depth of the old stand. It will be magnificent. 

It's not quite 3 times the depth, but it's well over double. It's also double the depth of the Wheatfield. I've got a graphic that shows the comparative sizes of the old main, new main and wheatfield stands, but I've never tried to upload an image on here, so not really sure how to do it.

hughesie27

Id imagine these premium seats would have access to one of the lounges. Hospitality in the Gorgie Suite was between ?100 and ?130 per game so would it be safe to assume a similar price for these seats? If so that would be ?2-3k for a seat. That will rake in a cool ?500 000!

Season tickets for the Gorgie Suite were about 2k I think. It sounds like these seats are to be bought for more than 1 season so they may be anywhere from ?3-5k I'd imagine!

Don't know if it has been discussed already, but does anyone know if the police monitor room is staying?  If it is, that will surely cause a restricted viewing area in in part of section T of the new stand?...

Don't know if it has been discussed already, but does anyone know if the police monitor room is staying?  If it is, that will surely cause a restricted viewing area in in part of section T of the new stand?...

:rifle:

Jamboelite

Don't know if it has been discussed already, but does anyone know if the police monitor room is staying? If it is, that will surely cause a restricted viewing area in in part of section T of the new stand?...

No mate not been discussed........

Tommy Brown

You miss a couple of days on this thread and you have pages to back track on. Page 204 suggests it remains for time being. Hopefully on stand completion and a new control room is built (without pitch views) it can then be removed.

It certainly will cause restricted view seats (a good amount, too) meantime.

Nowt really to show this morning, but I got a couple of shots of the hole in the roof...

e8052e8010c4fc7260ea09adca098399.jpg

cee658ae8a00fd17fd5ad451ba9499c4.jpg

352c71a4a638bbe563c2867d9769282d.jpg

As I post this it's 6.25am and I can hear the generators purring away from within the main stand, so once again the boys are graftin early doors!

It's not quite 3 times the depth, but it's well over double. It's also double the depth of the Wheatfield. I've got a graphic that shows the comparative sizes of the old main, new main and wheatfield stands, but I've never tried to upload an image on here, so not really sure how to do it.

Someone put up a graphic of the new stand superimposed on a map of the existing ground. Christ knows what page it's on though!

been here before

Don't know if it has been discussed already, but does anyone know if the police monitor room is staying? If it is, that will surely cause a restricted viewing area in in part of section T of the new stand?...

Rather than have you trawling back through posts looking for the answer, it seems the police box is staying but will be moved along slightly into one of the filled in corners.

Probably under one of the giant tv screens.

Rather than have you trawling back through posts looking for the answer, it seems the police box is staying but will be moved along slightly into one of the filled in corners.

Thought it was going above the safe standing section?

Thought it was going above the safe standing section?

Nah! It would get in the way of the retractable roof mechanism

hughesie27

Nobody has said that is whats happening.

Everything (ie absolutely no mention of it anywhere officially) points towards it remaining as is.

The best clue we have regarding that is that it still shows up in the planning application drawings. 

(Again - sorry if this has been previously discussed). There was a hospitality section with direct access to the prem seating in the main stand. It was called The Directors' Lounge or somesuch. Was there once a couple of years ago, very nice it was too! Edited by FWJ

Good photos again Sifter! Hope the tourist en route to the airport made their flight despite the detour :thumbsup:

They were a wee bit apprehensive about gettin there on time until I told them that in Scotland you only have to be checked in five minutes before your flight time. Plenty time to go visit Tynie :-)

Everything (ie absolutely no mention of it anywhere officially) points towards it remaining as is.

The best clue we have regarding that is that it still shows up in the planning application drawings. 

I suspect the mention of the filled in corners shoulda really been enough for you to rate the sincerity of the post you've quoted...... :lol:

I'm sure when I looked at the application drawings the police box appeared to be there, as you pointed out, but at the other end of the stand - it looked as if an identical box had been built between the main and Roseburn stands and removed from its present position. I'll need to look again to be sure, but if so, that would make sense with the large police area situated on the ground floor at the Roseburn end of the stand.

Get yerself a yellow hi-viz jacket and hard hat and if the security try and stop you just say 'jimmy sent me'

Jimmy sent me to get a long weight  :thumbsdown:

The stadium has been designated a restricted zone on a building site.  The Club have to operate a no risk policy as they would have the Health & Safety Executive all over them.

Yeah totally get that and understand the modern day tightening up of Health & Safety on site especially when contractors are open to being sued for the slightest thing however i'm sure The Wheatfield could still be outwith the jurisdiction of the restricted zone surrounding the main stand.

Seen a few photos of the internal main stand getting her guts ripped out and also a well known taxi driver on top of the steel works on McLeod St.... Health and Safety if the face fits   :sunny:

been here before

:facepalm:

Yeah totally get that and understand the modern day tightening up of Health & Safety on site especially when contractors are open to being sued for the slightest thing however i'm sure The Wheatfield could still be outwith the jurisdiction of the restricted zone surrounding the main stand.

Seen a few photos of the internal main stand getting her guts ripped out and also a well known taxi driver on top of the steel works on McLeod St.... Health and Safety if the face fits   :sunny:

If you go down on the day the Museum and Memorial are pen, you can get access along the concourses but all the entry/exit points are cordoned off.

However, on the corner between the Wheatfield and Gorgie stands on the Gorgie side wall there is an individual exit door.  If it is open and it generally is, the stewards will allow you to take some photos as long as you take them from the door and don't go inside the seated area of the stand.

I'm sure when I looked at the application drawings the police box appeared to be there, as you pointed out, but at the other end of the stand - it looked as if an identical box had been built between the main and Roseburn stands and removed from its present position. I'll need to look again to be sure, but if so, that would make sense with the large police area situated on the ground floor at the Roseburn end of the stand.

I'm going to guess that if they are going to remove it it would be part of a separate build project.

So when the new stand is finished there might be a new planning request to remove or remodel current police box.

If you happen to work it out, I would love to see it. Cheers. 

Harry Potter

Maybe a bit rain will soften the stand to make it easier to dismantle

Moving ahead with dropping the roof earlier. [emoji4]

c6877b024d580e5ff81b7fdb8b20deab.jpg

Good to see they've got their asbestos suits on :lol:

Nah! It would get in the way of the retractable roof mechanism

No that mechanism is in the same plant room as the mechanism to remove the pitch for pop concerts.

Good to see they've got their asbestos suits on :lol:

Thought it was the new away strip as we have to travel to Easter Road next season.