New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

ab8e11a01f0c0e0a8df6a9a067ba4322.jpg

..and now things start getting reallly interesting!! Can't be long till the roof starts coming down and we see the new stand from pitch side.

I've only sat in the old stand a few times so I don't have any sentimental feelings for it.

I hope they've got their sums right and the front part of the stand finishes where it's meant to and not twenty feet onto the playing surface :)

maroonlegions

Just put a bit of terracing under the old roof and we could have had the shed back. ;)

Imagine section N when the vermin call...  :bomb2:

Fxxx the SPFL

Absolutely brilliant pics

Am I catching up on the erection geeks how do you know how many posts you have done on a thread without counting each post individually.

One of the security/steward guys told me today that the roof is coming down on Monday.

Westendjambo

Pitch looked fantastic today.

0fbcd861bace66101e8644968afff1e8.jpg

32f40a49b92cd7570c28b59de9462386.jpg

[emoji1]

When you think of all that steelwork ordered at set sizes & it all goes together onsite like a big meccano set.

Phononomal pictures

As others have said, brilliant pics Farin. Looks like they're almost scraping the innards of the stand out from the Roseburn end towards the Gorgie end?

Only a few days to go until the roof comes doon!!!

Lucille's Thirsty

ab8e11a01f0c0e0a8df6a9a067ba4322.jpg

These are the type of pictures I want to see mate thanks for putting them on here all pictures should be from the inside from now on.

a friend of mine said the Romans had a settlement in the gorgie area and that some old bits and pieces from that era could be buried near tyncastle,if so I hope it wouldn't delay the stand.

Lucille's Thirsty

Every home game next season.

That would require us to win games.

a friend of mine said the Romans had a settlement in the gorgie area and that some old bits and pieces from that era could be buried near tyncastle,if so I hope it wouldn't delay the stand.

Hope they dig up some priceless Roman artifacts..

Pitch looked fantastic today.

0fbcd861bace66101e8644968afff1e8.jpg

32f40a49b92cd7570c28b59de9462386.jpg

Great pics!

We'll find out what'll happen with the police box soon then huh.

Buffalo Bill

how do you know how many posts you have done on a thread without counting each post individually.

You click on the 'posts' column from where you see the thread listed on the main 'Terrace' page.

Fxxx the SPFL

Roman Bednar might be hanging around waiting to be rediscovered.

sandylejambo

Every home game next season.

I liked that, I must be on the road to forgiving last season and I am joining the happy train, Mon the Hearts

I liked that, I must be on the road to forgiving last season and I am joining the happy train, Mon the Hearts

Good lad. For as long as I've been following the JT's we've always had seasons of poor form. Think of the relegation years alone.

So, like you, we dust ourselves down & get behind the team right from the get to & that includes the League cup. Time to disregard all the negativity & start supporting like we used to even when things didn't go our way.

I've decided I want to change career and become a professional demolisher. Looks great fun.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Roman Bednar might be hanging around waiting to be rediscovered.

Stefano Salvatori was a good citizen of Rome. We could do with him back as the sitting midfielder.

With Bednar up front. Now we are talking.

troonmaroon

Great pics!

Is anything happening to it?! Thought it was staying as is.

As others have said, brilliant pics Farin. Looks like they're almost scraping the innards of the stand out from the Roseburn end towards the Gorgie end?

Only a few days to go until the roof comes doon!!!

Do you know if the Police Viewpoint Box is coming down or do they have to be careful not to damage it if staying?

Sorry just saw the post above mine.

Edited by wavydavy

Bad Religion

Do you know if the Police Viewpoint Box is coming down or do they have to be careful not to damage it if staying?

Sorry just saw the post above mine.

I thought it was staying also

jambo-in-furness

Do they need a police viewpoint?

All evidence is produced on vcr, and strategic cameras are already in place and police officers now have personal cameras, police already have incident viewing rooms in the city, does a high ranking police officer even need to attend football stadia or have a studio in the ground?

The police viewpoint as it is has hardly stopped the ugly sisters spewing their sectarian crap up until now so as I said, is it needed?

All evidence is produced on vcr, and strategic cameras are already in place and police officers now have personal cameras, police already have incident viewing rooms in the city, does a high ranking police officer even need to attend football stadia or have a studio in the ground?

The police viewpoint as it is has hardly stopped the ugly sisters spewing their sectarian crap up until now so as I said, is it needed?

Yes, a high ranking officer attends. The higher the game profile the higher the rank.

davemclaren

Yes, a high ranking officer attends. The higher the game profile the higher the rank.

Wee jolly for them :)

Tommy Brown

I'm glad this has been brought up again. I mentioned it on the ST thread.

Looking at plans, it would definately restrict views in the new stand.

You may have answered this already Thomaso, do you know?

Edit: police viewpoint I refer to.

Edited by Tommy Brown

Hearts_fan

The police box jutting out like that has to be considered a flaw in the design of the stadium. Overall the design is excellent, and naturally most of us love it. I just don't see why more use couldn't be made of the areas behind the stand walls, with windows built into the walls providing viewing access. TV studios could also be located in these areas. Not saying I'm right, these are just my thoughts ? happy to be proved wrong. 

132goals1958

Good old pillars, hard as feck, saying i'm no ready to come down yet!!

Maybe we  should put it back together before it is to late.

Completely agree. Said in on here ages ago. With cctv etc they could monitor the crowds from the back of a meat wagon on Gorgie Road. Get the polis box oot!

Is it not a bit like taking schoolchildren out of school there needs to be one teacher for every so many kids and likewise one higher ranking officer for every so many police officers?

Yep, working along from there. The schedule is to clear the interior back to this then drop the roof. The exterior brickwork is built between steel beams so it'll be brought down then lastly the steel beams will go levelling the stand completely.

3a717e2c4e00932f89697f7ba96af795.jpg

As you can see there's a fair amount to clear along before the roof comes down.

05de96c61ba0d3ed505f26430abd49b1.jpg

Looks strange stripped back to the bare bones eh..

I believe it's staying there.

RE: The Police Box

Utterly bizarre if they're not moving it back.

Unknown user

I can't think I've ever seen or heard of a police box like we have anywhere else - so why do we need one? Isn't there a room they can sit in with cctv? Is that not what happens everywhere else?

In fact, has anyone here ever seen inside the police box? Must be a good view

Edited by Smithee

davemclaren

RE: The Police Box

Utterly bizarre if they're not moving it back.

Would need a complete rebuild to move it as it is wrapoed around the corner support. New stand looks narrower than old stand anyway.

234.png

The new stand will be inline with the right hand side of the pylon.

If they put the steps in next to the stand wall,surely that will bring the seating outing far enough.

Edited by Tott

Roxy Hearts

Great pics!

It's going to look fantastic. Tynecastle Park. Our home ground.

DxB Hearts

Anyone know if we can walk all the way around the concourse into the new stand?

I believe so. Not sure how the segregation will work on match day but I'm assuming it'll be very similar to what it is now with either the concourse blocked off or big shutters.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Is it not a bit like taking schoolchildren out of school there needs to be one teacher for every so many kids and likewise one higher ranking officer for every so many police officers?

In short and in answer to your Q...

No!