The 2015 General Election Megathread

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

People that bring up their schooling at clubbing.

They wouldn't do it if they went to the same local comp and played in the same football team.

"In February 2013, the Daily Mirror reported that an initiation for a new member to the Club involved burning a ?50 note in front of a beggar."

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• JamboX2

• TheMaganator

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TheMaganator

"In February 2013, the Daily Mirror reported that an initiation for a new member to the Club involved burning a ?50 note in front of a beggar."

Pretty shitey behaviour if true.

But, again, they were teenagers. Teenagers FFS

They'll all be in their 40s/50s now.

Are you proud of all of your teenage exploits, Rossco? Would you expect any iffy behaviour to be brought up at your work?

Edited by TheMaganator

flecktimus

Are you proud of all of your teenage exploits, Rossco? Would you expect any iffy behaviour to be brought up at your work?

So do you take back your criticism of Mhairi Black ?

Are you proud of all of your teenage exploits, Rossco? Would you expect it to be brought up at your work?

I'm not running the country though m8.

I just find rather hyporcritcal that you have continually slated what Mhari Black put on Twitter when she was a teenager (TEENAGER FFS!).

But when it comes to Dave and his mates you get all defensive and cry "classist".

You can't have it both ways.

TheMaganator

So do you take back your criticism of Mhairi Black ?

No. In the last 8 months she's talked about wanting to headbutt her opponents. And now she's in Parliament.

Had she been standing in 20/30 years time then she'd rightly get a free pass for her past indiscretions

TheMaganator

I'm not running the country though m8.

I just find rather hyporcritcal that you have continually slated what Mhari Black put on Twitter when she was a teenager (TEENAGER FFS!).

But when it comes to Dave and his mates you get all defensive and cry "classist".

You can't have it both ways.

When have I had a go at her for what she's said on her twitter when she was a teenager?

Felix Lighter

People that bring up their schooling at clubbing.

They wouldn't do it if they went to the same local comp and played in the same football team.

I'm sure there are plenty of self made working class types that can afford to send their kids to top schools and uni's,but at the end of the day you can't buy class eh Mag?

It's funny though your mention of football team took me back to when I played against Army teams back in the day,the junior ranks in the Army team would refer to officer team mates as Sir (out wide Sir etc) , we RAF lads would rip the shit  :brows: and use it to our advantage our arguement being there is no rank on a football pitch,worked every time, never lost to an Army side.   

When have I had a go at her for what she's said on her twitter when she was a teenager?

Did you not reference what she had said on Twitter?

Anyway, thinking about it they would have actually been about the same age as her now.

While she is doing something worthwhile, they were getting pissed up on Daddy's money and wrecking restaurants. Unless you count DC championing Apartheid in the young Tories.

And it seems even after 20/30 years pass, old habits die hard....

Earlier this year, Mr Johnson confessed that he looked back on his Bullingdon days with a sense of ?deep, deep self-loathing?, despite keeping up the tradition of still greeting members with a cry of ?Buller Buller Buller?.

TheMaganator

Did you not reference what she had said on Twitter?

Anyway, thinking about it they would have actually been about the same age as her now.

While she is doing something worthwhile, they were getting pissed up on Daddy's money and wrecking restaurants. Unless you count DC championing Apartheid in the young Tories.

And it seems even after 20/30 years pass, old habits die hard....

Earlier this year, Mr Johnson confessed that he looked back on his Bullingdon days with a sense of ?deep, deep self-loathing?, despite keeping up the tradition of still greeting members with a cry of ?Buller Buller Buller?.

And they wouldn't have been mature enough to be one of the 650 people running the country - as they were clearly still plonkers.

Just as she's not ready.

There's plenty of stuff that I did at Uni that I'm pretty ashamed of. It doesn't stop me joking about it with my mates.

maroonlegions

11232355_964457433588767_782358073071009

Love this boys quote in the above copy and paste picture.

Politics of choice my a*** more like politics manipulated by clever spin doctors in every political party with links to the corporate elite.  Simple really you just  offer what the people want to the people  just to get into power then water all the promises down.  Why did a very large number of Scots vote SNP?? is it because they want real change, a change that sees the least well off and the  poor get a better deal,that is were Labour lacked any real clarity and lost so heavily.

I am no SNP lover but in the end people just want a more long term  just and fairer society, especially for their children but  Cameron and Ian Duncan Smith are not  going to make it so. What did that Tory/LIB coalition  actually deliver and do  in the last five years in relation to relieving poverty, we had brutal  austerity cuts, that seen  public spending cuts , brutal welfare cuts that cut a new low in the form of attacking those benefits of those  unable to work through genuine physical handicaps and the mother of all draconian measures the bedroom tax.Is all of that from a syndicate of people who care about those less well off or those in genuine hard ship, like feck it is.    

Its taken time but the disillusion and mistrust that  more and more people have of politicians and political parties is a natural one, treat people like some kind of commodity instead of actually treating them with respect and dignity and fight for their interests and concerns then rejection and mistrust will follow. Another"s left another"s right, anothers peace anothers fight and on and on it goes, forever in a circle of  political reincarnation that fails to address the poor, a very small elite or "privileged"  have for a very long time manipulated the political and financial systems, politics to them is akin to the rise and fall of the stock market affecting their shares and has nothing to do with the real concerns of the masses.

Political self interests, be that in financial interests in corporations and multinationals, is a cancer in main stream politics and political parties.They serve themselves once in power, a syndicate of pre election  broken promises bought by a promise of "jobs for the boys".

:conspiracy:    

Edited by maroonlegions

TheMaganator

Is there any evidence that the Tories actually have a policy of removing disability benefits from those who are genuinely unable to work - or are there just a handful of cases that are getting a lot of coverage?

I think that if you can work, you should work. Though I accept there will be oodles of issues about determining who is actually unable to work. 

Is there any evidence that the Tories actually have a policy of removing disability benefits from those who are genuinely unable to work - or are there just a handful of cases that are getting a lot of coverage?

I think that if you can work, you should work. Though I accept there will be oodles of issues about determining who is actually unable to work. 

Help yourself.........

http://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/category/disability-benefits/

The Mighty Thor

So Labour have backed down and let the SNP sit on the front benches after all?

Job done.

This.

Getting it right up them every day.

[emoji14]leasing:

Small victories for small people

:facepalm:

Fae a tory.

A Scottish tory.

Edited by aussieh

So Labour have backed down and let the SNP sit on the front benches after all?

Job done.

I like how this was an SNP leadership plan. Merely to ensure better camera angles for their two questions at PMQs, apparently.

Big job on the SNP though now to crack great wit at the Queens Speech. Poking fun doesn't seem to be a thing the SNP do well. Even Angus Robertson's joke on wee parties didn't really hit the mark with his dead eye serious delivery.

Whilst I appreciate the fact they won a stonking majority, I can't help but feel from selfies to vlogs, applauding oaths being taken and forcing an OAP out of the "rebel bench" for prominent non-conformist MPs, that it's all a bit of a stunt for them.

Edited by JamboX2

Psychedelicropcircle

:facepalm:

Fae a tory.

A Scottish tory.

That voted labour, season ticket at ER next season NAP

Do you not think that the United Kingdom is an independent country?

It is obviously a reference to the previous referendum.  In that case we were being offered 'independence' within a vast number of ties and binds to both the EU and the remaining UK.  No difference to independence from Europe in this referendum.

It is interesting that Salmond is pre-supposing that his favoured outcome (if that is remaining in Europe) will be the 'Yes' answer in this referendum.

The Mighty Thor

Dave promising to not 'cave in' on another missed target, this time immigration. Apparently net migration rose by roughly a population the size of Coventry.

That'll sit well with his own party's lunatic fringe when he gets round to holding the EU referendum.

Dave promising to not 'cave in' on another missed target, this time immigration. Apparently net migration rose by roughly a population the size of Coventry.

That'll sit well with his own party's lunatic fringe when he gets round to holding the EU referendum.

A migration cap is an absolutely ludicrous policy and isnt even based on conservative values. Another sign that half the Tories qt Westminster couldn't even describe conservatism if you asked.

Particularly ridiculous is that he's apparently looking at a cap on tier 2 visas which is non-eu skilled migrants who the vast majority of Conservative voters want to be allowed to the UK (because why wouldn't you?!)

A proper centre right immigration policy should look more like this:

http://brightblue.org.uk/images/immigrationmanifesto.pdf

Edited by jambo1185

jack D and coke

I know people are banging on about the loss of human rights etc but somebody has to do something about the amount of immigrants that are flooding into the UK it's getting to be a big problem and will get a bigger problem in the coming years. England, much more than us is sinking under the weight of this flood. I'm unsure about how to do much about it bar leave the EU but somebody has to do something. Make it much less attractive to come here unless it's a very qualified person that we have a shortage of. Otherwise enough is enough and close the borders as much as possible.

I know people are banging on about the loss of human rights etc but somebody has to do something about the amount of immigrants that are flooding into the UK it's getting to be a big problem and will get a bigger problem in the coming years. England, much more than us is sinking under the weight of this flood. I'm unsure about how to do much about it bar leave the EU but somebody has to do something. Make it much less attractive to come here unless it's a very qualified person that we have a shortage of. Otherwise enough is enough and close the borders as much as possible.

Really? The UK economy has chronic skills gaps which aren't being filled by people in Britain who've no interest in the jobs in question. The UK, and especially the Scottish economy, is facing a point where there will be more out of work in retirement than in work paying for pensions and so we need to import working people to pay tax to maintain pensions and welfare.

Immigration enriches the UK and Scotland and makes us better for it.

Immigration has not caused shortages of housing, low wages, a lack of skilled domestic workers and intolerance. Bad housing policy, lack of enforcement and raising the minimum wage and reduced focus on vocational education has caused the economic and social issues immigration is facing. And that's a failing of the UK and Scottish governments.

jack D and coke

Really? The UK economy has chronic skills gaps which aren't being filled by people in Britain who've no interest in the jobs in question. The UK, and especially the Scottish economy, is facing a point where there will be more out of work in retirement than in work paying for pensions and so we need to import working people to pay tax to maintain pensions and welfare.

Immigration has not caused shortages of housing, low wages, a lack of skilled domestic workers and intolerance. Bad housing policy, lack of enforcement and raising the minimum wage and reduced focus on vocational education has caused the economic and social issues immigration is facing. And that's a failing of the UK and Scottish governments.

Fair enough yeah but like I said it's not up here that's feeling it the worst. Scotland does need extra labour but not the floods of people that some parts of England has seen. I don't know how much time you've spent down there but some parts of have nearly been overwhelmed. Granted on the housing etc but that doesn't meant throw the doors open regardless. There's plenty people who belong here who can't get on the housing ladder I'm for helping them first frankly.

Besides it was nearly 300,000 from non EU countries which is the major concern. The EU more often than not provides good, educated people. Non EU sometimes doesn't.

And enriches our society is pure unadulterated labour claptrap. At these levels it creates tension and well you know it.

jambos are go!

Fair enough yeah but like I said it's not up here that's feeling it the worst. Scotland does need extra labour but not the floods of people that some parts of England has seen. I don't know how much time you've spent down there but some parts of have nearly been overwhelmed. Granted on the housing etc but that doesn't meant throw the doors open regardless. There's plenty people who belong here who can't get on the housing ladder I'm for helping them first frankly.

Besides it was nearly 300,000 from non EU countries which is the major concern. The EU more often than not provides good, educated people. Non EU sometimes doesn't.

And enriches our society is pure unadulterated labour claptrap. At these levels it creates tension and well you know it.

What would be your strategy on employment and recruitment to support the economy and the challenges an ageing but quite affluent population poses in the coming decades? Euthanasia?

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

We need more immigration, not less. The Conservatives should be celebrating the new migration figures. 

jack D and coke

We need more immigration, not less. The Conservatives should be celebrating the new migration figures.

Not entirely disagreeing but surely there has to be some sort of limits in place as it will only get bigger every year. I don't think our services will be able to cope if it continues at this pace. Like I've said Scotland doesn't get the biggest majority of the immigrants it's the English cities that are being swamped.

doctor jambo

I see that Bernie Eccleston is now being chased for a large chunk of the spending deficit

HMRC after ?1 billion

I'm not even sure how those sums exist!

Craig Gordons Gloves

I'd love to see the statistics that back this up.  Otherwise it's some pretty wide stereotyping. 

The Comedian

Must skills gaps be filled through immigration? Is that the only solution we can come up with? We should be training people who are here. My own personal experience is the skills shortage chat is absolute drivel, especially in the skilled trades category. It's a convenient excuse to recruit foreign workers who just happen to accept a fiver an hour less.

ToadKiller Dog

Correct

He should be sacked

Did the coalition from last time get the law of 20% of constituents needed to sack their MP through .

He should face his constituents big question of trust and honesty on this , as he did deny it .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Why?

Leaked a confidential document in order to smear an opponent during an election campaign.

Denied it.

Covered it up.

Got found out.

Admitted it.

He should resign.

jambos are go!

Interestingly according to BBC Reporting Scotland the 'respected' civil servant who wrote the minutes saying they believe them to be a true reflection of what was said. Does not defend the leak but does suggest that we dont know the whole truth. Who should resign if the civil servant is found to be right ?

Interestingly according to BBC Reporting Scotland the 'respected' civil servant who wrote the minutes saying they believe them to be a true reflection of what was said. Does not defend the leak but does suggest that we dont know the whole truth. Who should resign if the civil servant is found to be right ?

You missed the bit about lost in translation

Both parties involved deny what was reported

Psychedelicropcircle

How come he has to resign when Sturgeon and Salmond have lied on numerous occasions.

Mainly because they didn't try to smear a member of another party in the run up to an election. Perhaps you can list these lies here ?