The 2015 General Election Megathread

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Miliband going after them over phone hacking.

Why didn't Miliband go after phone hacking at the Daily Mirror?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• JamboX2

• TheMaganator

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It will be interesting to see the effect of snp supporters calling no voters quislings and various nasty sweary words and wishing terrible things on the elderly voters who they felt were responsible it may come back to bite snp in this election.

Never seen this level of abuse and intimidation that you get if you don't agree to their way of thinking. Scotland is heading down a dark road.

dobmisterdobster

Personally, anyone who actively chases the support of the Sun and Murdoch is an idiot. Salmond has done so for years as do the SNP in general. A scummy rag of a paper. Why Blair bothered his arse with it I don't know, but he's long gone. Best thing that happened to Labour and the press was the Sun ditching it's support under Brown and Miliband going after them over phone hacking.

And like it or not, the SNP are as much in the pockets of their own business backers as anyone else. Souter has some frankly repulsive social views and McColl dodges tax in Monaco. As they are effectively some of the top men in the business community in Scotland and the party is exclusively Scottish based, you can't deny they too are under the grip of elements of the Scottish business community.

Salmond change tact on bus regulation because of Souter and his business tax plans were effectively written by McColl.

Gordon Brown was very good friends with Murdoch.

http://www.conservativehome.com/leftwatch/2011/07/which-british-politician-has-rupert-murdoch-met-most.html

Miliband has kept his mouth shut about phone hacking because he seeks the support of the Mirror.

Westminster and London City Hall are in the pockets of Arab and Russian billionaires who's countries have human rights issues.

If you are worried about one man's views on gay marriage then stick to your principles and boycott Virgin Trains and his other companies.

He has not influenced the Scottish Government's social policies in any way.

I can't help but laugh at the bus regulation issue. It's meant to be a smoking gun but it's so quaint.

Is this the most evil thing the SNP has ever done?

Wheres the politicians, like Manny Pacquaio, why dont we have people like him to vote for.

scott herbertson

Wheres the politicians, like Manny Pacquaio, why dont we have people like him to vote for.

Unfortunately ken Buchanan was a Hibby I think

The Sun on the Royal baby.

Scottish headline.

"Royal baby backs SNP to take about 50 seats."

English headline.

" Just five days to save the union."

:)

The Sun on the Royal baby.

Scottish headline.

"Royal baby backs SNP to take about 50 seats."

English headline.

" Just five days to save the union."

:)

Now that the two main Unionist parties have discovered that there's such a thing as a Union (and what a shock it seems to have come as over the last couple of years), it's great to see them riding to its rescue so often.

Maybe we can even hope for another Missionary Train over the next few days?

The Godfather

I thought it was quite funny

Think it shows the Nats up as nasty bullies, rather sad this is where we are at.

Think it shows the Nats up as nasty bullies, rather sad this is where we are at.

Geo Sq?

They are. They are all for labour being wiped out but want to work with them and are getting angry and bitter when it's not going to plan when labour tell them to **** off!

Snp are not scotland and they don't represent the majority.

Both wrong. The divisions being created are only harming the country.

Yep. Not sure how these divisions can be mended. It's quite sad really.

They are. They are all for labour being wiped out but want to work with them and are getting angry and bitter when it's not going to plan when labour tell them to **** off!

O but they will, Quite soon. Your Economy Saving Party.

kingantti1874

It doesn't perfectly with me but I will case a useless vote for the Tories, given where we were economically they have done a decent job and moving away from that strategy is insanity.. Spending more than we generate is a very very bad idea but unfortunately there are to many who believe they are owed something.

My son was there,trust the Daily Heil for their usual sick headline,nothing new there then I suppose.

Nice to see the English people waving NL placards again,he spoke to 5 of them prior to the 'conference' only one of them spoke with a Scottish accent.

We are and one day soon we will be Independent.

My son was there,trust the Daily Heil for their usual sick headline,nothing new there then I suppose.

Nice to see the English people waving NL placards again,he spoke to 5 of them prior to the 'conference' only one of them spoke with a Scottish accent.

Yes they are English and live in Scotland. Is that a concern for you?

You are badly mistaken

You, the world, and I know its coming, only a matter of time.

You, the world, and I know its coming, only a matter of time.

Really? Your arrogance will be your downfall. Are 2 million plus just going to lie down to the snp

kingantti1874

Really? Your arrogance will be your downfall. Are 2 million plus just going to lie down to the snp

The problem is mate, if you look at the demographics of who voted yes and no it was the older generation who secured the no vote, unless there is a radical shift then that is a declining population.. I think it's only a matter of time IMO (sadly)

The problem is mate, if you look at the demographics of who voted yes and no it was the older generation who secured the no vote, unless there is a radical shift then that is a declining population.. I think it's only a matter of time IMO (sadly)

It's an ageing population though. The trend as you get older you are more likely to vote no

Yes they are English and live in Scotland. Is that a concern for you?

Bluddy incomers,by jove we must build Hadrian's Wall 100 feet high,mustn't let them in,eh Farquar.!!!

Hold that result,we can charge them entry into Edinburgh but only if the upstarts kow tow first,then they can shout......

We're bought and sold for Scottish Gold,

Such a Parcel of Rogues in a Nation,booooohooooo.

kingantti1874

It's an ageing population though. The trend as you get older you are more likely to vote no

Lol - that one way of looking at it.

:) that is all.

Mr Brightside
I like the long live the Republic banner. SNP are all for allowing the Royal Family to remain in Scotland.

Harry Palmer

It appears to be the case that those obsessed with independence are those that voted No in the referendum. 

Quite funny to watch. 

There's been shocking levels of anti-Scottish rhetoric in this election campaign regardless if you may be a Labour/Tory/Lib Dem voter in Scotland you'll leeching off the rest.  Is it any wonder that people in Scotland might feel like sending a big **** YOU then to Westminster. Doesn't mean people want independence, it means they're fed up.They'll probably get fed up of the SNP at some point and boot them out of Holyrood.

Westminster is falling to bits anyway, let's save even more money by not repairing it, punt the Lords out on their arse (is it ?300 a day that they get?) and an English Parliament in York (or somewhere similarly central). Chuck a Senate in London and Her Majesty can still reign o'er me. :)

Stuart Lyon

Rule Britannia we have a new royal baby and everything in the gardens lovely. Could the SNP inspire a separate royal family by re-introducing the Stuarts; I wouldn't put it past them if they though it would get new members!

Rule Britannia we have a new royal baby and everything in the gardens lovely. Could the SNP inspire a separate royal family by re-introducing the Stuarts; I wouldn't put it past them if they though it would get new members!

King Franz, come on down!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz,_Duke_of_Bavaria

Or, more likely, Queen Sophie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie,_Hereditary_Princess_of_Liechtenstein

:verysmug:

Edited by Cade

Peston has made some good points on this subject on the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32549892

Not sure I agree with what Peston says about bank regulation though.  The FSA were constantly tightening regulation on the banks and financial services institutions, I know because I was in the industry having to keep up with all the new regulations.  I also remember that during this time, Osborne and his supporters spent all their time calling for LESS regulation.

Just goes to show you get some R Soles who come on here and spout the Tory rubbish about overspending when they don't know what they're talking about.  Labour certainly could have been tighter on banks but the Tories wanted even looser controls.

I hope certain people are suitably embarrassed and a little more humble.

If it's Queen Sophie, we can use Liechtenstein's anthem as well.

Watching the confusion on the faces of rampant Nats and Unionists would be priceless.

Edited by Normthebarman

And what do you have against the Stuarts my friend?  

Um, the current Royals are traced back to the Stuarts, so in fact they are more Scots than English, believe it or not.

Nah it's quite simple.

The Tories get first go but they won;t have either enough seats of their own nor enough buddies who have enough seats to make any kind of majority. Labour, SNP, Plaid, Greens and others will vote them down. They're doomed.

Labour then get a go. If Eddy keeps to his word and cuts the SNP out of any deals, then he doesn't get their votes. This also means he won't have enough pals to form a majority.

Then it'll be back to the polling booth for us all.

If Sillyband actually wants to be PM, then he'll do deals for votes. His party will demand it of him and remove him if he keeps playing hardball with the SNP as their sets will be needed (whether it's 59 or a more realistic 30ish).

Um, the current Royals are traced back to the Stuarts, so in fact they are more Scots than English, believe it or not.

:wtf:

I believe the House of Stuart was replaced by the (German) Hanovarians in 1714 after Queen Anne died childless due to the terms in the 1701 Act of Settlement (passed after England threatened a trade embargo of Scotland in the Alien Act of 1705)

But aye, all the royals in the whole of europe are so inbred that they can claim ancestry to almost any house or any king or queen you can name.

:wtf:

I believe the House of Stuart was replaced by the (German) Hanovarians in 1714 after Queen Anne died childless due to the terms in the 1701 Act of Settlement (passed after England threatened a trade embargo of Scotland in the Alien Act of 1705)

But aye, all the royals in the whole of europe are so inbred that they can claim ancestry to almost any house or any king or queen you can name.

They weren't replaced, just that the line was continued at the earliest possible non-catholic. George was a great grandson of James VI and I, as was Anne (well, she was a great-granddaughter). Boris' point that they were more scottish than english still holds.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Nah it's quite simple.

The Tories get first go but they won;t have either enough seats of their own nor enough buddies who have enough seats to make any kind of majority. Labour, SNP, Plaid, Greens and others will vote them down. They're doomed.

Labour then get a go. If Eddy keeps to his word and cuts the SNP out of any deals, then he doesn't get their votes. This also means he won't have enough pals to form a majority.

Then it'll be back to the polling booth for us all.

If Sillyband actually wants to be PM, then he'll do deals for votes. His party will demand it of him and remove him if he keeps playing hardball with the SNP as their sets will be needed (whether it's 59 or a more realistic 30ish).

Quite but I didn't realise Cameron could force things back to the polls himself through the Fixed Term Act by refusing to resign (I don't expect that to happen incidentally, I think he would resign and advise Her Maj to ask Mr That's A Great Question to try and form a government).

Gorgiewave

Quite but I didn't realise Cameron could force things back to the polls himself through the Fixed Term Act by refusing to resign (I don't expect that to happen incidentally, I think he would resign and advise Her Maj to ask Mr That's A Great Question to try and form a government).

And Let Me Answer It.