• aussieh

• JamboX2

• TheMaganator

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gorgiewave

Not too bad at all.  :thumbsup:

It should be part of the Scottish Empire before long.

deesidejambo

So I've been on the Gin.

The whole **** palaver. Everything, the demise of Labour, the disenfranchising of honourable working folk, and the replacing of the vacuum by the SNP, led by a smarmy Eck, thereby resulting in a 2-year painful split of the countries people, resulting in lost friendships and a diversion of Gov't away from governing, is all down to one **** tosser.

Step forward Anthony Blair.      New Labour can gtf.     It deserted its core values, and more importantly, the populace who depended on it for their rights.

Tony Blair "saved" Labour, but only temporarily - now its all come home to roost.

So KB'ers, the next time you get the skits, and are sitting there on the pan unloading, do something for me.  Imagine you are skittering straight into Tony Blairs mouth.     Give it full blast.  No photos please.  Fk New Labour.  I'm away down the pub.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

So I've been on the Gin.

The whole **** palaver. Everything, the demise of Labour, the disenfranchising of honourable working folk, and the replacing of the vacuum by the SNP, led by a smarmy Eck, thereby resulting in a 2-year painful split of the countries people, resulting in lost friendships and a diversion of Gov't away from governing, is all down to one **** tosser.

Step forward Anthony Blair. New Labour can gtf. It deserted its core values, and more importantly, the populace who depended on it for their rights.

Tony Blair "saved" Labour, but only temporarily - now its all come home to roost.

So KB'ers, the next time you get the skits, and are sitting there on the pan unloading, do something for me. Imagine you are skittering straight into Tony Blairs mouth. Give it full blast. No photos please. Fk New Labour. I'm away down the pub.

:lol:

Btw, anyone who "lost friendships" during the Indy ref is either a dick or has friends who are dicks.

Ed, Jim, Dougie, Mr & Mrs Baws, Kezia, SLab, NLab, or Labour GTF.

I hope yer in opposition for evermore, shove it.

Edited by aussieh

Rumours going about that Murphy won't be leading Scottish Labour come the summer. Apparently Dugdale will assume the leadership and Findlay will be the deputy. Also both Labour and the Tories are too break ranks with their UK wide parties and become more autonomous.

I think you'd have to go a bit further back than Blair to locate the principal architect of disenchantment with the constitutional status quo. Blair actually did the decent thing in terms of his pre-election pledge on devolution. I had fully expected him to contrive to sabotage his own party policy from within as Labour did in 1979.

Rumours going about that Murphy won't be leading Scottish Labour come the summer. Apparently Dugdale will assume the leadership and Findlay will be the deputy. Also both Labour and the Tories are too break ranks with their UK wide parties and become more autonomous.

It'd be a brave man that didnt say independence was inevitable.

It'd be a brave man that didnt say independence was inevitable.

Sadly, it may well be. Sturgeon will flex her muscle after 2016. Votes at Westminster for a second referendum.

The worry that follows is that the UK leaves the EU if Scotland leaves. Anything which weakens European unity and strengthens Russia's hand with energy and control of the East. Not good.

So I've been on the Gin.

Step forward Anthony Blair.      New Labour can gtf.     It deserted its core values, and more importantly, the populace who depended on it for their rights.

So KB'ers, the next time you get the skits, and are sitting there on the pan unloading, do something for me.  Imagine you are skittering straight into Tony Blairs mouth.     Give it full blast.  No photos please.  Fk New Labour.  I'm away down the pub.

Best post from you

:thumb:

Miliband's statement last night, if you believe him, is huge.

There is no way he would make that kind of statement if he didn't have a plan B.

Unfortunately, for us all, plan B may be what you've described.

No credible opposition to the SNP leaves me very worried.

Gorgiewave

Sadly, it may well be. Sturgeon will flex her muscle after 2016. Votes at Westminster for a second referendum.

The worry that follows is that the UK leaves the EU if Scotland leaves. Anything which weakens European unity and strengthens Russia's hand with energy and control of the East. Not good.

Where are these rumours going about?

Scotland's messed. One party state. Last one to turn off the lights...

Scotland has been a political monoculture for the last half century. A one-party state. Travel around the shabby municipalities and rotten boroughs (burghs, I suppose) of the Central Belt which have been run for fifty years by that one party and yes, you could easily reach the conclusion that it's messed.

Which is why we are where we are now.

Where are these rumours going about?

Heard them from a few Labour folk I know. Active members. Few SNP guys I know also saying it.

The SNP guys were also shocked about some of the candidates they've got and how some got through selection. Apparently Sturgeon and the leadership are also worried the shift to the left is opening a door for the Tories to win back the soft right in central Scotland.

Interesting times ahead.

Heard them from a few Labour folk I know. Active members. Few SNP guys I know also saying it.

The SNP guys were also shocked about some of the candidates they've got and how some got through selection. Apparently Sturgeon and the leadership are also worried the shift to the left is opening a door for the Tories to win back the soft right in central Scotland.

Interesting times ahead.

A logical consequence of the Labour implosion is a Tory rise in Scotland to counter the SNP.

I wouldn't say interesting, mate, I'd say disastrous.

A logical consequence of the Labour implosion is a Tory rise in Scotland to counter the SNP.

I wouldn't say interesting, mate, I'd say disastrous.

Agreed. But it'd be refreshing to see a centre right in Scotland. Political debate and ideas stagnate if there's no debate on the shape of services and how the voter relates to the state.

Labour will make a comeback at some stage, in fact a stronger Holyrood leadership is probably what they need. I'd opt for Findlay and start to make a more active use of the trade union relationship than has been used of late in Scotland. Plus Findlay has a back story, left school at 16, became a bricklayer, went to college, got his higher a went to teaching college, became a teacher and later went to university and moved into working in social housing.

That's a story you can use to strengthen the party credentials as a movement to better ordinary folks lives and open up opportunities.

Murphy lacks that. He's a good street fighter as was shown in the referendum. But he's been found out as having little strategy.

Scottish Labour need a restart and reset. This is the chance. Break from the old in a big way and start again.

Do you expect him to admit that?

That's politics, too.

You could turn it around by stating that Nicola not admitting that the SNP is now a wasted vote is also politics.

It's all part of the Great Game.

Not having a go at you in particular but the phrase "wasted vote" has always annoyed me. You vote for the person who you think is best placed to represent you in parliament. Win or lose, your vote is never wasted.

Hasselhoff

Disastrous why? Tories were bad for some of Scotland 30 years ago. Things have moved on. Even labour are still in the reckoning despite mistakes made within the last decade. The anti-Tory stance is dated and hypocritical of sturgeon considering she accuses Labour of everything being "SNP bad".

Agreed. But it'd be refreshing to see a centre right in Scotland. Political debate and ideas stagnate if there's no debate on the shape of services and how the voter relates to the state.

Labour will make a comeback at some stage, in fact a stronger Holyrood leadership is probably what they need. I'd opt for Findlay and start to make a more active use of the trade union relationship than has been used of late in Scotland. Plus Findlay has a back story, left school at 16, became a bricklayer, went to college, got his higher a went to teaching college, became a teacher and later went to university and moved into working in social housing.

That's a story you can use to strengthen the party credentials as a movement to better ordinary folks lives and open up opportunities.

Murphy lacks that. He's a good street fighter as was shown in the referendum. But he's been found out as having little strategy.

Scottish Labour need a restart and reset. This is the chance. Break from the old in a big way and start again.

I'm not sure what you mean about a break from the old, so apologies if I state that breaking to much from the old has left Labour in it's present position.

In fact, Findlay sounds like the kind of person to deliver that...with support from the party.

Why on earth did they elect Murphy? Still can't get my head round it.

Psychedelicropcircle
Rumours going about that Murphy won't be leading Scottish Labour come the summer. Apparently Dugdale will assume the leadership and Findlay will be the deputy. Also both Labour and the Tories are too break ranks with their UK wide parties and become unofficial branch offices./quote]

FTFY

Disastrous why? Tories were bad for some of Scotland 30 years ago. Things have moved on. Even labour are still in the reckoning despite mistakes made within the last decade. The anti-Tory stance is dated and hypocritical of sturgeon considering she accuses Labour of everything being "SNP bad".

Things have, most definitely, not moved on.

The Tories, unbridled, will always look after No 1.

They can spin all they like but will never change.

Aneurin Bevan wasn't far wrong.

Not having a go at you in particular but the phrase "wasted vote" has always annoyed me. You vote for the person who you think is best placed to represent you in parliament. Win or lose, your vote is never wasted.

I think it's a fair enough comment in the context of FPTP. Votes are wasted - frequently the majority of them. It can be a huge disincentive to getting people to turn out to vote. Why bother if your vote ends up in the bin every time?

Edited by leginten

I'm not sure what you mean about a break from the old, so apologies if I state that breaking to much from the old has left Labour in it's present position.

In fact, Findlay sounds like the kind of person to deliver that...with support from the party.

Why on earth did they elect Murphy? Still can't get my head round it.

Best option at the time. Had a good referendum. But he's lacking a plan.

I mean a break from mediocrity. You can't go back and reinvent the wheel. What I mean is they need a plan, a set of campaigns which are notable and look to offering people a fair crack of the whip. Living wage, living rent, fair work, better chances to climb the ladder etc.

Rumours going about that Murphy won't be leading Scottish Labour come the summer. Apparently Dugdale will assume the leadership and Findlay will be the deputy. Also both Labour and the Tories are too break ranks with their UK wide parties and become unofficial branch offices./quote]

FTFY

I won't fix your posts if you don't fix mine.

After all, your change is a cheap dig.

Clonlara Erin

After all, your change is a cheap dig.

:laugh:

Yes. This thread has been nothing but a victory for decency, decorum and democracy from the very first page and this 'cheap dig' is clearly out of place on here.

Edited by Clonlara Erin

jambo1185

it would be somewhat hilarious if Nicola's freeing Scotland from The Tories stick backfired and they ended up becoming a big force up here sweeping up all the New Labour crop who need a new home.

Mag will be deputy FM by 2030.

Labour are finished in Scotland.

There is no coming back as they have abandoned their principles and joined the corporate world.

Deed

:laugh:

Yes. This thread has been nothing but a victory for decency, decorum and democracy from the very first page and this 'cheap dig' is clearly out of place on here.

More that it added nothing.... (Crying in a ball).

There is no coming back as they have abandoned their principles and joined the corporate world.

Deed

Who hasn't? The Greens. Only ones.

Labour will be the only ones that pay the price for changing.

....as the SNP are swept to power by their wealthy tax avoiding doners like McColl and Souter... Who own big companies with the backing of the Sun. All very New Labour.

Malinga the Swinga

Deed

Not just Labour. Krankie and her band of disciples have sold out to business as much as anyone else. At least you know when she is lying cause her lips move. Totally evil woman who is only interested in destroying Great Britain and ensuring she has a legacy of power.

Psychedelicropcircle

ame="Psychedelicropcircle" post="4818254" timestamp="1430507448"]

I won't fix your posts if you don't fix mine.

After all, your change is a FACT.

FT1FY2??

Owen Smith, the Shadow Secretary of State for Wales, repeating Ed's faux pas of not acknowledging that Labour overspent in their last term in Goverment.

Same incredulous reaction. Though, if he wants a job, he didn't really have a choice to go against Wallace and admit they did.

That is incorrect.  Proably what you wanted to hear.

Smith said they had not WASTED money adding that schools and hospitals were built. 

Not just Labour. Krankie and her band of disciples have sold out to business as much as anyone else. At least you know when she is lying cause her lips move. Totally evil woman who is only interested in destroying Great Britain and ensuring she has a legacy of power.

Thatchers died.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Even after 300 years of the Westminster jackboot? 300 years of rape, pillage, sackage and wreckage? Domination by England, a country in which every single person is an aristocrat?

Or maybe Scotland is doing not bad by most measures. If so, what's the problem?

Yes.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to do potentially better.

Whatever question you're asking of Russia and Putin, the EU is not the answer. 

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

The greens considering relaxing the rules on group marriages.

Amazing

The Greens are now in pole position for my vote for treating this election like the complete joke it is.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The greens considering relaxing the rules on group marriages.

Amazing

They've had a shocking campaign. That Natalie Bennett is a joke

By being to maniacal and messianic, the SNP have a weakness the Soviet Union had: they can break but they cannot bend. No compromise is possible. No referendum will keeping the zombie hordes out.

Unless they get liquidated.:)

....as the SNP are swept to power by their wealthy tax avoiding doners like McColl and Souter... Who own big companies with the backing of the Sun. All very New Labour.

Yeah the corporate world like McColl and Souter :)

You are more intelligent than that.

I know and you know why the Sun are backing the SNP in Scotland 

The Red Tories are deed