The 2015 General Election Megathread

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Gorgiewave

Seriously, do think we're all daft, Labour voted for and will impliment the next round of cuts.

So anti austerity will require an emergency budget and new way ahead, so stop saying that their manifesto are the same.

She ready to support labour, not red tory, only Ed can decide.

She's said Labour. She's painted herself into a corner. The gowd's seethe when they see the compromise will be glorious.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• JamboX2

• TheMaganator

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jambo1185

Labour wont sign off another referendum In the next parliament apparently. Tories will.

SNP get almost everything they want from a Labour deal but must commit to no referendum in their 2016 manifesto. What do they do?

Edited by jambo1185

Geoff Kilpatrick

You forgot the austerrty cuts and many more differencies.

But again you knew that.

How are the SNP going to avoid austerity cuts precisely?

If they go down the confidence and supply route, the meaning of the word supply is to pass a budget. The idea that the SNP will call the shots in that is completely misguided. A failure of a budget leads to a vote of confidence (as happened with the Major government in 1995 IIRC). Again, would the SNP bring down a Labour government in that vote of confidence?

Gorgiewave

I thought the SNPs principle was to get the best deal for Scotland. Theyve said they would vote for FFA in this parliament as they think thats in Scotland's best interests.

So you are saying that the SNP should not do what they say is best for Scotland because the offer stemmed from the Tories?

So you dont think the SNP will or should do whats best for Scotland on their own basis, and instead will spend their time just doing the opposite of the Tories irrespective of whether that would be bad for us?

How mature. Doesn't really amount to standing up for Scotland either.

It's become so narcissistic that they can't allow for pragmatism. Blackmail and the power fantasy are the only way. Being offered a concession and accepting it isn't enough.

Seriously, do think we're all daft, Labour voted for and will impliment the next round of cuts.

So anti austerity will require an emergency budget and a new way ahead, so stop saying that their manifesto are the same.

She's ready to support labour, not red tory, only Ed can decide.

read the IFS report. the snp also support austerity and will cut for longer.

Less deep, it may take longer.

I thought the SNPs principle was to get the best deal for Scotland. Theyve said they would vote for FFA in this parliament as they think thats in Scotland's best interests.

So you are saying that the SNP should not do what they say is best for Scotland because the offer stemmed from the Tories?

So you dont think the SNP will or should do whats best for Scotland on their own basis, and instead will spend their time just doing the opposite of the Tories irrespective of whether that would be bad for us?

How mature. Doesn't really amount to standing up for Scotland either.

The SNP will do what its Scottish voters want

Edited by JAYEL

The Mighty Thor

She's said Labour. She's painted herself into a corner. The gowd's seethe when they see the compromise will be glorious.

What seethe?

You seem to think that Sturgeon has backed herself into a corner and that somehow Milliband holds all the cards?

Milliband won't get enough seats for a majority. No chance.

So its either horse trading, which he'll do in a heartbeat, or he gambles on confidence and supply, risking another election in the autumn, at which he'll get leathered.

So where in that scenario are the SNP on the back foot?

They rarely get anything right

No I do. I'm not thick. They won't because they're a party which is easily demonised in Scotland. Part of the SNP rhetoric is just anti-Tory. See, Vote Yes for no more Tories in Scotland. Mindless stuff at times.

:rofl: labours motto in Scotland for 50 years

My point is that the SNP has shot it's influence before they got into the Commons. By taking an avowedly pro-Labour position Labour doesn't need to actively win their support. They have it in the bag. They will get little concession as a result. Why should Labour bend to their will when they won't go anywhere else to shop?

Same goes for Plaid.

Take the DUP on the other hand, a soft nationalist party of Ulster (unionists but pro-Ulster above all else). They are open to working for anyone as long as Northern Ireland gets what it needs - money, infrastructure, more powers etc.

If the SNP was more concerned with winning concessions for Scotland than grand standing it would copy the DUP approach.

the same amount as labour in the next 5 years.

Nope, but you are libdem, so i'll let you off, cant be easy with Smegg as your leader.

How are the SNP going to avoid austerity cuts precisely?

If they go down the confidence and supply route, the meaning of the word supply is to pass a budget. The idea that the SNP will call the shots in that is completely misguided. A failure of a budget leads to a vote of confidence (as happened with the Major government in 1995 IIRC). Again, would the SNP bring down a Labour government in that vote of confidence?

In a ficking heartbeat.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Belgium didn't have a government for over a year, and IIRC their economy grew pretty fast.

Bring on the no government and anarchy.

:jjyay:

Labour are apparently preparing for a second election in the autumn.

You've ignored my question about Miliband not going after the Daily Mirror re phone hacking. Would you like a shot at this or shall we leave it in agreement that it's shameful hypocrisy?

But if Labour are indeed planning a second election, they are doing the right thing I think. I agree with everyone saying that Labour now has the upper hand on the SNP in the Commons: either, the SNP are going to vote through a majority of Labour legislation, or the SNP will block and abstain from votes, and Miliband can go back to the people and say "the SNP are the obstacle to me enacting my plan, give me a majority plz". The Labour vote will go back up again in Scotland in a second GE in this scenario, I think. The Tory vote will probably hold up as well.

What I can't understand is why people yearn for industrial Britain. Silicosis going down mines? Breaking your back making ships? What's the appeal? Is it that it was just comprehensible and working in a call centre isn't comprehensible or meaningful?

Scotland is, to a great extent, stuck in the past and yearning for a simpler past. Bolivarian is the right description: blame outsiders for everything, feel terribly offended by everything, create client relationships by making everybody wealthy, disappear up your own arse. That's Venezuela.

Bang on about going back to manufacturing and industrialism. Those industries died for a reason.

The comparison to Venezuela, though, is bonkers. :lol: And remember the Chavez years and the current Maduro government have many Labour cheerleaders. Disgraceful when you see that people have to queue for food; there are regular blackouts; opposition politicians and activists are jailed, and; a pernicious narrative built up by Chavez that the USA, a foreign power, it at fault for all of Venezuela's faults.

Light years from Scotland. Although you'll say the last bit does hold true for Scotland - how can this be when 55% of the Scottish people voted to stay in the union? They can't have voted to stay because Westminster is the source of all of Scotland's ills? 

deesidejambo

Yep. SNP are not pro-Scotland, they are anti-Tory.

Thats how they get their votes - from the "lets kick the Tories" approach.    Lots of Scottish voters just blindly hate posh people so they vote accordingly.    Labour should be capitalising on this, not the SNP.

What are you talking about? The SNP will have, at the most, 59 MPs (9%) on 4.5% of the vote. This does not entitle them to anything automatically. Why do you think you're entitled to anything when you're only standing in 9% of seats?

Share of the vote means FECK ALL at westminster. It's about the number of seats you bring. No party has enough seats for a majority and the only way Labour can get one is by doing deals. If they refuse to deal with the SNP, they'll abstain, meaning his minority govt would fall.

Another election would not suddenly give anybody a majority and we'd have dozens of elections until the english crowd grow up and start talking to the other 3 nations of the union and start making deals.

Or maybe they'll push for proportional representaion as a way to avoid that. After resisting it for years. And after the UK electorate voted it down in a referendum.

What seethe?

You seem to think that Sturgeon has backed herself into a corner and that somehow Milliband holds all the cards?

Milliband won't get enough seats for a majority. No chance.

So its either horse trading, which he'll do in a heartbeat, or he gambles on confidence and supply, risking another election in the autumn, at which he'll get leathered.

So where in that scenario are the SNP on the back foot?

:spoton:

See maths, see the commutative law:

x + y = y + x

That is, x needs y as much as y needs x.

Since Labour will have about five times as many MPs as the SNP, Labour will be the leading partner is any relationship or alliance against the Tories. They can say to the SNP at every turn: back us or you're backing the Tories.

They can say whatever they like, doesnt make it true.

Anyway if we were that bothered about Labour we'd all vote Labour, but we're no.

Thats how they get their votes - from the "lets kick the Tories" approach.    Lots of Scottish voters just blindly hate posh people so they vote accordingly.    Labour should be capitalising on this, not the SNP.

Labour had their chance in the past

They are now Red Tories and finished in Scotland

Thats how they get their votes - from the "lets kick the Tories" approach. Lots of Scottish voters just blindly hate posh people so they vote accordingly. Labour should be capitalising on this, not the SNP.

Come on dee, and Labour didnt for half a century.

And now its a shite tactic.

Edited by aussieh

jambo1185

Unless Sturgeon successfully takes Labour back left and they rediscover their roots right? Because if they do they've got aussieh's vote back.

Belgium didn't have a government for over a year, and IIRC their economy grew pretty fast.

Bring on the no government and anarchy.

Mate lived there when that was happening or not. Said you'd be surprised how non-plussed they were. In the UK there'd be protests and panic. Over there it was a total "who cares?"

Excellent to see!

You've ignored my question about Miliband not going after the Daily Mirror re phone hacking. Would you like a shot at this or shall we leave it in agreement that it's shameful hypocrisy?

He kinda screwed them by demanding the royal charter. But you're right, he was heavier handed on News International than the Mirror. Still forced the issue of Davey Cameron.

But if Labour are indeed planning a second election, they are doing the right thing I think. I agree with everyone saying that Labour now has the upper hand on the SNP in the Commons: either, the SNP are going to vote through a majority of Labour legislation, or the SNP will block and abstain from votes, and Miliband can go back to the people and say "the SNP are the obstacle to me enacting my plan, give me a majority plz". The Labour vote will go back up again in Scotland in a second GE in this scenario, I think. The Tory vote will probably hold up as well.

Agreed.

Unless Sturgeon successfully takes Labour back left and they rediscover their roots right? Because if they do they've got aussieh's vote back.

Not mine but the rest of the UK will be the winners and Labour could increase their votes there

TheMaganator

Glorious to see the nationalist seethe as they realise that the Sturgeonator has backed them into a corner.

Where's your clout now, love?

Away back to your helicopter for your next photo opp outside a foodbank.

Gorgiewave

Share of the vote means FECK ALL at westminster. It's about the number of seats you bring. No party has enough seats for a majority and the only way Labour can get one is by doing deals. If they refuse to deal with the SNP, they'll abstain, meaning his minority govt would fall.

Another election would not suddenly give anybody a majority and we'd have dozens of elections until the english crowd grow up and start talking to the other 3 nations of the union and start making deals.

Or maybe they'll push for proportional representaion as a way to avoid that. After resisting it for years. And after the UK electorate voted it down in a referendum.

And risk the Tories getting in.

Glorious to see the nationalist seethe as they realise that the Sturgeonator has backed them into a corner.

Where is the seethe  ????

So anti austerity will require an emergency budget and a new way ahead, so stop saying that their manifesto are the same.

She's ready to support labour, not red tory, only Ed can decide.

Sorry,but have you read the manifestos? I'm not lying or spinning, but if you take out unilateralism they're bloody close enough for the SNP and Labour to get on very amicably.

It's a myth of this election that the SNP are some left wing alternative. They're Yellow Labour. If you want a left wing alternative vote Green or SSP.

Gorgiewave

That is Labours call

No, it's the SNP's. See the commutative law.

Labour: Natz, back us or let the Tories in.

SNP: meltdown because they can't blackmail.

The SNP are totz anti-Tory. So, surely they'll make concessions to Labour to keep them out? Like dropping independence...

Edited by Gorgiewave

The Mighty Thor

Explain please. I tried to engage gorgiewave on it so perhaps you can explain it as I'm not getting it.

Mr Brightside

So why is Sturgeon so keen to work with them?

Surely the SNP should be going to Westminster with the approach of no deals with any major party(as they are all evil) and vote on an issue by issue basis depending on its benefit for Scotland.

However this doesn't give Salmond the power he craves. I believe he went into this election thinking he would end up as DPM.

The SNP are totz anti-Tory. So, surely they'll make concessions to Labour to keep them out? Like dropping independence...

Wrong

It is Labour will have to talk to the SNP or let the tories  back in

So why is Sturgeon so keen to work with them?

Surely the SNP should be going to Westminster with the approach of no deals with any major party(as they are all evil) and vote on an issue by issue basis depending on its benefit for Scotland.

However this doesn't give Salmond the power he craves. I believe he went into this election thinking he would end up as DPM.

As said before she will only work with them if they change

Labour Prime Minister Nicola Sturgeon, of an Independent Scotland. Sounds Braw. :)

Glorious to see the nationalist seethe as they realise that the Sturgeonator :D has backed them into a corner.

And risk the Tories getting in.

Voted Labour in 2010, did I miss some it?.

Gorgiewave

Voted Labour in 2010, did I miss some it?.

Why do you deserve to get what you want at all times?

Nonsense.

Can someone explain something, is this z ending an insinuation that SNP, and their voters are nazi.

Edited by aussieh

Gorgiewave

Nonsense.

Can someone explain something, is this z ending an insinuation that SNP, and their voters are nazi.

No, it's silly and pointless, like the rest of the placeless, rootless, ahistorical people who are part of this ridiculous "movement".

No, it's silly and pointless, like the rest of the placeless, rootless, ahistorical people who are part of this ridiculous "movement".

beezer

The Mighty Thor

You been making distasteful Nazism inferences towards the SNP throughout this thread.

However you appear to have topped it all with the utter shite you've just posted.

I genuinely fear for your well being on Friday morning.

Wow

deesidejambo

She'll get a clout all right.  A clout in the pus on Thursday when Eck gets his jotters.

You been making distasteful Nazism inferences towards the SNP throughout this thread.

However you appear to have topped it all with the utter shite you've just posted.

I genuinely fear for your well being on Friday morning.

May need the Guardacostas on hand up and down the Manzanares come Friday. :)

Gorgiewave

May need the Guardacostas on hand up and down the Manzanares come Friday. :)

Mazo, hombre, mazo de bien, guardacostas en el puto centro de la ciudad a cientos de kil?metros de la costa.

Pero no te preocupes porque "nadie va a leer el informe".