The 2015 General Election Megathread

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Malinga the Swinga

Thatchers died.

to be correct, it should be 'Thatcher died' or 'Thatcher is dead'. We're you educated by the SNP'?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• JamboX2

• TheMaganator

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

to be correct, it should be 'Thatcher died' or 'Thatcher is dead'. We're you educated by the SNP'?

auto correct, Deid.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Not just Labour. Krankie and her band of disciples have sold out to business as much as anyone else. At least you know when she is lying cause her lips move. Totally evil woman who is only interested in destroying Great Britain and ensuring she has a legacy of power.

Sturgeon is not a "totally evil woman". Neither was Margaret Thatcher, for the record.

Get a grip of yourself. 

No that was Thatcher and the Tories, a lack of milk maybe.

Not what I "wanted to hear" Al, as I have no affinity for them, Conservatives or SNP.

What he did, was avoid the question and focus on they've built Hospitals. As audience members of two constituencies pointed out,for all the good in Smith's eyes its done, it has affected adversely the local area. In Ambulance waiting times, and transfer to Cardiff & Newport times for one example.

The question wasn't what money that they used to build, it was about the over riding costs, cuts and other spending in all facets of life in Wales, and the UK in general. Not just schools, and hospitals.

The Welsh NHS is a shambles. That's another issue though regarding Labour in Wales.

But he didn't say what you implied.  You made that up.

Has everyone read the Krugman long read on the Guardian?

On "austerity" economics? Yeah, read it earlier. It always was nothing more than a charade by which the nasty party could wage it's ideological war on the poor and the welfare state whilst massively moving wealth to the rich. 

So Labour, and their support won't work with the SNP but they think the SNP should vote for their Queens Speech.Pull the other one :rofl:

Edited by aussieh

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

I've enjoyed every poll not getting the tedious amateur psephology shtick. 

But shh, now, this is a time for everyone to step back and consider the importance of this event. 

Gorgiewave

Aye?

Sturgeon is not a "totally evil woman". Neither was Margaret Thatcher, for the record.

Get a grip of yourself.

Eh!!!

Old Nick is crying his eyes out cos Thatcher asked him why all the pits aren't closed yet.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Eh!!!

Old Nick is crying his eyes out cos Thatcher asked him why all the pits aren't closed yet.

ha ha pure lol m9 u got me g00d

Shut up.

deesidejambo

Best post from you

:thumb:

Sorry I was a bit emotional earlier on.    I was on the Gin a bit;

But the fact remains that anybody who has supported that **** ridiculous "New Labour" experiment is a total twat.  Tony Blair.  **** you.

Labour are reaping what they sowed and the people that are paying the price are those that can least afford to.   So I reiterate - KB'ers eat my **** skitters if you voted for that stupid move from Labour to the centre ground.   **** eat them and choke.

Even though I hate the thought of the UK breaking up I can sort of understand why others see it as the only alternative.   The SNP have simply capitalised on the disaffection.  I won't vote for them, ever, but I suppose I can see the reasons others might.

So **** off tony and your sycophantic trendy middle-class ****s that think you are so **** modern.  You are the problem.  You bunch of chinless glib tosspots.

Ed Milliband - move back to the left and regain the resonance of those Blair lost.   Become either a genuine opposition or a genuine Government.  I don't care which.      And anyone who disagrees can go and **** themselves.     Wankers.

Guest Trapper John

But the fact remains that anybody who has supported that **** ridiculous "New Labour" experiment is a total ****.  Tony Blair.  **** you.

Labour are reaping what they sowed and the people that are paying the price are those that can least afford to.   So I reiterate - KB'ers eat my **** skitters if you voted for that stupid move from Labour to the centre ground.   **** eat them and choke.

Even though I hate the thought of the UK breaking up I can sort of understand why others see it as the only alternative.   The SNP have simply capitalised on the disaffection.  I won't vote for them, ever, but I suppose I can see the reasons others might.

So **** off tony and your sycophantic trendy middle-class ****s that think you are so **** modern.  You are the problem.  You bunch of chinless glib tosspots.

Ed Milliband - move back to the left and regain the resonance of those Blair lost.   Become either a genuine opposition or a genuine Government.  I don't care which.      And anyone who disagrees can go and **** themselves.     Wankers.

Apart from all that, how's your day been?

But the fact remains that anybody who has supported that **** ridiculous "New Labour" experiment is a total ****.  Tony Blair.  **** you.

ARGO.:)

Welcome to the club

139 pages  :)

Cherry on top

Geoff Kilpatrick

Sorry I was a bit emotional earlier on. I was on the Gin a bit;

But the fact remains that anybody who has supported that **** ridiculous "New Labour" experiment is a total ****. Tony Blair. **** you.

Labour are reaping what they sowed and the people that are paying the price are those that can least afford to. So I reiterate - KB'ers eat my **** skitters if you voted for that stupid move from Labour to the centre ground. **** eat them and choke.

Even though I hate the thought of the UK breaking up I can sort of understand why others see it as the only alternative. The SNP have simply capitalised on the disaffection. I won't vote for them, ever, but I suppose I can see the reasons others might.

So **** off tony and your sycophantic trendy middle-class ****s that think you are so **** modern. You are the problem. You bunch of chinless glib tosspots.

Ed Milliband - move back to the left and regain the resonance of those Blair lost. Become either a genuine opposition or a genuine Government. I don't care which. And anyone who disagrees can go and **** themselves. Wankers.

On the gin a bit? :wow:

Hangover regret in the morning! :jjyay:

deesidejambo

Apart from all that, how's your day been?

And don't **** get me started on manifestos.

I bet you a fiver that you could take the four party manifestos, including SNP, sanitise them to the key points, and I bet hardly anyone would be able to tell the difference between them.

Compare that say 20 years ago.  You would know exactly which was which - policies were clear and they were different.  Choice to vote was easy.

Is this what it ***i come to?  Four **** parties, with pretty much the same flng manifestos, arguing for **** votes?  no wonder the whole **** thing is neck-and-neck.

No offence to fellow Jambos, but anyone who has supported the Blair experiment is a **** brainless spunk-drinking tosser that has contributed to the disenfranchising of the workers who are unable to represent themselves, except via Unions, who Blair also didn't support.

I'm still voting for Anne Begg cos she is a good MP with the right will to support those who vote for her.  The rest of you can go and rotate on my ******.

Geoff Kilpatrick

And don't **** get me started on manifestos.

I bet you a fiver that you could take the four party manifestos, including SNP, sanitise them to the key points, and I bet hardly anyone would be able to tell the difference between them.

Compare that say 20 years ago. You would know exactly which was which - policies were clear and they were different. Choice to vote was easy.

Is this what it ***i come to? Four **** parties, with pretty much the same flng manifestos, arguing for **** votes? no wonder the whole **** thing is neck-and-neck.

No offence to fellow Jambos, but anyone who has supported the Blair experiment is a **** brainless spunk-drinking tosser that has contributed to the disenfranchising of the workers who are unable to represent themselves, except via Unions, who Blair also didn't support.

I'm still voting for Anne Begg cos she is a good MP with the right will to support those who vote for her. The rest of you can go and rotate on my ******.

You need some quiet contemplation.

Did he, at any point, as he was making his built schools and hospitals speech, address the main point of acknowledging Labour have overspent as asked by the audience member?

No, he said he didn't accept that(I'm paraphrasing..just in case, you understand.. :) ) then had his built schools moment. The audience member who asked the question mentioned trust and how, like Ed last night not accepting Labour overspent, can Welsh voters trust Labour? The point I believe the guy wanted was to hear, was the opposite of what Ed declared. Which was never going to happen for various reasons including the one I mentioned previously. It's all about the spin, and again, I'm not Labour, Conservative, Lib Dem or SNP at the minute. Like that guy asked, had Miliband admitted that they had, it's the trust issue that lots of people are on about.

Would it have raised the polls in Labour's favour if he did? Probably not; but why, if you can't admit a glaringly obvious truth like that, would you expect the undecided like me to vote for you?

It's only a small point in the grander scheme, but it matters to millions.

It matters to millions when someone is misquoted.

He said Labour did not WASTE money - they built hospitals and schools.

It is clear what the guy wanted wanted to hear, and you, by the look of it.  I'm merely pointing out he did not say what you implied he said, and that does not change because you're an uncommitted voter or whether the election turns on it.

FWIW there are different interpretations of overspending.  One is squandering money which I am sure was what the guy was trying to get at.  Another is laying out money and having an asset on the balance sheet to show for it which Smith was no doubt claiming.  Probably the truth will lie somewhere in between..

deesidejambo

On the gin a bit? :wow:

Hangover regret in the morning! :jjyay:

I'm being serious here.  I'v been down th epub I admit bat that doesn't change things.  Bring back john Smith and otherwise go and eat my skitters.

Clonlara Erin

It's funny how someone who joined the board in November 2014 is able to make an inference to something that happened a couple of months beforehand.

Quiet contemplation brought me to that conclusion.

Anyway, any news on opinion polls?

Not really.

I read all about it on the thread titled 'FAO Clonlara Erin' in the back room.

Hope this helps.

I'm being serious here.  I'v been down th epub I admit bat that doesn't change things.  Bring back john Smith and otherwise go and eat my skitters.

You've had enough John Smith's, i'd say.

Edited by 2NaFish

Geoff Kilpatrick

Someone's had a few John Smiths the night.

Needed some lamb bhunas to accompany them by the looks of it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not really.

I read all about it on the thread titled 'FAO Clonlara Erin' in the back room.

Hope this helps.

Not really but you spend your money as you see fit. :toasting:

deesidejambo

You need some quiet contemplation.

I am **** contemplating.  I am contemplating what a bunch of hypocritical trendy shitebags those buck-teethed New Labour acolytes are.      They, and anyone who voted for them, including KB'ers, are wankers.  They caused the current rise of nationalism, not for nationalisms sake, but because they had nowhere else to turn.

Looking back I can see why Neil Kinnock was destroyed, but maybe he was right all along.   Put that in your pipe and put it right up your crack.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I am **** contemplating. I am contemplating what a bunch of hypocritical trendy shitebags those buck-teethed New Labour acolytes are. They, and anyone who voted for them, including KB'ers, are wankers. They caused the current rise of nationalism, not for nationalisms sake, but because they had nowhere else to turn.

Looking back I can see why Neil Kinnock was destroyed, but maybe he was right all along. Put that in your pipe and put it right up your crack.

:laugh:

Neved voted for Labour in my life so I'm not who you seek (SDLP, Conservative, Lib Dem and SNP for the record - my first preference now goes to the Australian Sex Party) :)

Not just Labour. Krankie and her band of disciples have sold out to business as much as anyone else. At least you know when she is lying cause her lips move. Totally evil woman who is only interested in destroying Great Britain and ensuring she has a legacy of power.

Tories will know all about evil women.

Nicola is the most popular person in Scotland at the moment.

She is the SNP equivalent of Ann Budge. :heartpump:

deesidejambo

:laugh:

Neved voted for Labour in my life so I'm not who you seek (SDLP, Conservative, Lib Dem and SNP for the record - my first preference now goes to the Australian Sex Party) :)

I didn't mean you.  But surely you must agree that everything is ****ed up.   I admit i'm a bit pissed but so **** what?    **** the lot of you.  I'll fight anyone here.  Especially any "oh you've got to understand the bigger picture" brainless weasels that will no doubt join in.

well heres a "bigger picture" for you.  Picture my skitters in your gobs ya Blairite ******s.

Right i'm away to bed.  but this isn't over. Not by a long shot.

Before you go .

Betfair are offering 6/1 against the Lib Dems winning Gordon.

Very tempting if you are still confident.

Jim Murphy,dole next Friday.

http://captiongenerator.com/37342/Scottish-Labour-2015

I have a feeling there will be more than one party leader on the dole but maybe not as early as next Friday. Looking at the big 3 if Cameron fails to get a clear majority for the 2nd time Boris or Theresa will be looking to succeed.  He'll have to go.

Miliband has never been universally accepted so unless he's PM I suspect he'll be out.  Nick will be in bother if they fall well short of the last election's total of seats and will be skating on even thinner ice if he doesn't win his own seat.

Farage has said he'll step down if not elected so the landscape could look very different before the end of the month.

deesidejambo

Before you go .

Betfair are offering 6/1 against the Lib Dems winning Gordon.

Very tempting if you are still confident.

Ah. sorry about that.  I think I was a bit lashed last night.   I was on the G&T sundowners then went down the pub.      Its still all Blairs fault anyway.  The demise of Labour I mean.    I've already got a tenner on at Betfair for the Gordon result.  I got it at 7/1 a week or so ago so I see the odds are shortening.  Beware tactical voting.

Jam Tarts 1874

I agree on your last point Al, on the balance sheet and Smith trying to make the argument from their PoV.

Peston has made some good points on this subject on the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32549892

Not sure I agree with what Peston says about bank regulation though.  The FSA were constantly tightening regulation on the banks and financial services institutions, I know because I was in the industry having to keep up with all the new regulations.  I also remember that during this time, Osborne and his supporters spent all their time calling for LESS regulation.

Ah. sorry about that. I think I was a bit lashed last night. I was on the G&T sundowners then went down the pub. Its still all Blairs fault anyway. The demise of Labour I mean. I've already got a tenner on at Betfair for the Gordon result. I got it at 7/1 a week or so ago so I see the odds are shortening. Beware tactical voting.

Seems like tactical voting catching on with first real evidence

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/general-election-2015-scottish-tory-voters-tactically-voting-for-labour-to-stop-snp-10219743.html

That's a funny typo.

Makes it sound as if 'labour' is a euphemism for ******. Which, in many ways, it is.

Yeah the corporate world like McColl and Souter :)

You are more intelligent than that.

I know and you know why the Sun are backing the SNP in Scotland

The Red Tories are deed

Personally, anyone who actively chases the support of the Sun and Murdoch is an idiot. Salmond has done so for years as do the SNP in general. A scummy rag of a paper. Why Blair bothered his arse with it I don't know, but he's long gone. Best thing that happened to Labour and the press was the Sun ditching it's support under Brown and Miliband going after them over phone hacking.

And like it or not, the SNP are as much in the pockets of their own business backers as anyone else. Souter has some frankly repulsive social views and McColl dodges tax in Monaco. As they are effectively some of the top men in the business community in Scotland and the party is exclusively Scottish based, you can't deny they too are under the grip of elements of the Scottish business community.

Salmond change tact on bus regulation because of Souter and his business tax plans were effectively written by McColl.

Harry Palmer

Tactical voting eh? 

The admission that you're shite must be quite humiliating for some candidates/parties. Why else would you advocate voting tactically?

manaliveits105

It will be interesting to see the effect of snp supporters calling no voters quislings and various nasty sweary words and wishing terrible things on the elderly voters who they felt were responsible it may come back to bite snp in this election.

Tactical voting eh?

The admission that you're shite must be quite humiliating for some candidates/parties. Why else would you advocate voting tactically?

Well snp have done so. Maybe you are onto something there