The 2015 General Election Megathread

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

The Mighty Thor

Extremely Tory point of view you have. Expediency and snobbery all in one together.

Where's that re-distribution policy by the way?

Oh tripper.

A swing and a miss. Again.

Wealth redistribution. Labour managed the biggest pissing away of wealth since Thatcher. Shameful. Utterly shameful.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• JamboX2

• TheMaganator

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nicola says scottish government gives a massive ?35m to help scots with bedroom tax.however this is dwarfed by today's revelation that snp spent ?130m on a farmer's payments it system ,double the estimate. Still not working properly and last week snp sacked 200 experienced it workers working on the system. Replacing them with grade 2 visa workers supplied by agencies. Snp financially illiterate

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Anyone else can, not everyone. Some may agree with him.

that's why I said "if they so wish".

Ibrahim Tall

"Mr Milliband, would you like to be PM"

"No, I hate the jocks so much I'd rather never be PM"

:Aye:

So all the (English) Westminster parties have decided to exclude all SNP MPs from everything? That'll save their precious union right enough. British citizens electing British MPs to sit in the British parliament but being blackballed because the big parties don't like them.   :vrface:

This.

After years of "better together", if the party that could possibly win a pretty crushing victory in Scotland is completely ignored then the Union will be dead in no time at all. It's a ridiculous situation, I don't think anyone thinks the SNP should be running the entire UK but you can't just ignore the votes of an entire constituent nation because it doesn't suit the views of another. That isn't a union.

Erm they haven't excluded them. You can't stand in 8% of seats & demand a seat in government.

Ed has said he'll lead a minority government. If you want to make that more likely vote labour,

Don't waste your vote on a party that want the country to fail and can never form a government.

Aye you can, that's how the FPTP system works.

Labour will need all the SNP seats behind them if they want to pass anything and that gives the SNP leverage to make demands.

That's what we elect representatives to do, to work as blocks to carry out our wishes in the UK parliament. That's the entire basis of the party system.

TheMaganator

Labour will need all the SNP seats behind them if they want to pass anything and that gives the SNP leverage to make demands.

That's what we elect representatives to do, to work as blocks to carry out our wishes in the UK parliament. That's the entire basis of the party system.

There's so little between the SNP & labour manifestos though.

Can't see the SNP voting against the important stuff.

Edited by TheMaganator

Geoff Kilpatrick

This.

After years of "better together", if the party that could possibly win a pretty crushing victory in Scotland is completely ignored then the Union will be dead in no time at all. It's a ridiculous situation, I don't think anyone thinks the SNP should be running the entire UK but you can't just ignore the votes of an entire constituent nation because it doesn't suit the views of another. That isn't a union.

The SNP have done this themselves by giving Labour a free pass. Their fault, no one else's.

I get the impression on this thread that because he happens to live in Spain, somehow he is unentitled to have an opinion on what's happening at home.

By the way, I haven't given up on Britain though there are two governments in place that I don't want or voted for and despise equally.

NoTax and all that.

Geoff Kilpatrick

And anything Labour feel that they can't get through they will wheel out a confidence motion. Would the Nats force an early election?

The SNP have done this themselves by giving Labour a free pass. Their fault, no one else's.

We'll just abstain, and aw that, nothing for nothing.

And anything Labour feel that they can't get through they will wheel out a confidence motion. Would the Nats force an early election?

You fecking better believe, feck Labour, feck Tories feck Westminster, who gives a feck.

Geoff Kilpatrick

You fecking better believe, feck Labour, feck Tories feck Westminster, who gives a feck.

Aye, I can just see the headlines now!:)

Erm they haven't excluded them. You can't stand in 8% of seats & demand a seat in government.

Ed has said he'll lead a minority government. If you want to make that more likely vote labour,

Don't waste your vote on a party that want the country to fail and can never form a government.

Well,its not about % of votes, its about seats, nae pointing moaning now, when it doesnt suit you, whits Scottish tories % in the Uk election, not tory, Scottish tory. Edited by aussieh

Regal Kingston

Sturgeon was a class act tonight.

You wouldn't hear David Cameron or Ed Milliband offering to speak to people about their personal experiences.

Caring and progressive politics.

Big turning point tonight with Milliband all but saying he would rather have a Tory government than work with the SNP.

Good night Ed!

Aye, I can just see the headlines now!:)

if we cared we'd vote Liebour, think about it, if labour see sense, win, if tories are appointed by Eds stupidity, win , so WIN WIN WIN. Edited by aussieh

TheMaganator

Sturgeon was a class act tonight.

You wouldn't hear David Cameron or Ed Milliband offering to speak to people about their personal experiences.

Caring and progressive politics.

Big turning point tonight with Milliband all but saying he would rather have a Tory government than work with the SNP.

Good night Ed!

Erm - both Ed & Clegg asked questioners about their experiences on QT.

Psychedelicropcircle

I get the impression on this thread that because he happens to live in Spain, somehow he is unentitled to have an opinion on what's happening at home.

By the way, I haven't given up on Britain though there are two governments in place that I don't want or voted for and despise equally.

Utter pish the despised equally bit. You'll be despising your gaffer in about 10 days or so when he beds wee nicola!

Nookie Bear

Add in the SNP and UKIP and I'm with you.

Guest Trapper John

Oh tripper.

A swing and a miss. Again.

Wealth redistribution. Labour managed the biggest pissing away of wealth since Thatcher. Shameful. Utterly shameful.

Oh Michty Me,

Dodging the question again.

Guest Trapper John

Utter pish the despised equally bit. You'll be despising your gaffer in about 10 days or so when he beds wee nicola!

Could you say that again in English, dear boy?

if it is what I think it is, dream on. Your wee girl looked pretty shell-shocked tonight after Ed gave her the bum's rush.

Springsteen wrote a song about it: 

59 MP's and nothin' on.  

Edited by Trapper John

Alloa and Clackmannanshire in quick succession.067_325__derekriordan_1400151298_standar

Desperate times for Yes Hibs people.

Childish name-calling. This is what Scotland has become.

:facepalm:

Spain too, apparently.

Edited by leginten

Psychedelicropcircle

Could you say that again in English, dear boy?

if it is what I think it is, dream on. Your wee girl looked pretty shell-shocked tonight after Ed gave her the bum's rush.

Springsteen wrote a song about it: 

59 MP's and nothin' on.

Bearing in mind you says all this Indy pish would be forgotten come may....how's that workin out for ya?

Guest Trapper John

Bearing in mind you says all this Indy pish would be forgotten come may....how's that workin out for ya?

Perfectly. Scotland remains now and always will be as part of the United Kingdom.

Oooh, that must rankle with ya. Goodie.

(I thought this election was nothing to do with indy - Your girl?)

Whats the other one ?

jambos are go!

Jobs. Unless you live in a vacuum, Fife is a shit hole and an unemployment blackspot. The site was assumed by Amazon attracted by sweetners.

So Vodafone, HSBC, BP. How much dough is being denied to the exchequer?

Disgraceful statement about the wonderful Kingdom of Fife. The East Nuek in particular is a global treasure. Cant wait for another visit

Guest Trapper John

Whats the other one ?

I don't get a vote elsewhere in the UNITED KINGDOM (love saying that name btw.)

Which one are you pointing to?

What a strange creature.

Guest Trapper John

What a strange creature.

What a strange thing to say. Care to expand?

Edited by Trapper John

Psychedelicropcircle

Perfectly. Scotland remains now and always will be as part of the United Kingdom.

Oooh, that must rankle with ya. Goodie.

(I thought this election was nothing to do with indy - Your girl?)

It isn't just pointing out that the used to be liebour voters haven't returned come may. Federalism within the union will do me....(JKB's libber don't ask me to vote your nomark party please).

Guest Trapper John

It isn't just pointing out that the used to be liebour voters haven't returned come may. Federalism within the union will do me....(JKB's libber don't ask me to vote your nomark party please).

I'd need Alan Turing to work out that code but if you're saying Federalism could be the way forward, I'd be with you on that one.

Does that mean you despise the government of the UK as well as Holyrood.

About the only thing you come across clearly in is your hatred of Scotland.

Now you are saying you despise the UK government as well.

:qqb010:

Guest Trapper John

Does that mean you despise the government of the UK as well as Holyrood.

About the only thing you come across clearly in is your hatred of Scotland.

Now you are saying you despise the UK government as well.

:qqb010:

You're talking nonsense.

I don't like the SNP Holyrood government and I don't like the Westminster coalition. That's my right as well as your right to spout anti-UK/Labour/Tory opinions.

Hatred of Scotland? Never. That's just atypical, hate-filled, Nat orientated, bigoted drivel.

Your Party had a bad day today. Effectively locked out of Parliament and now seen as the cause of another Tory government as Nicola's bluff has well and truly been called.

You're talking nonsense.

I don't like the SNP Holyrood government and I don't like the Westminster coalition. That's my right as well as your right to spout anti-UK/Labour/Tory opinions.

Hatred of Scotland? Never. That's just atypical, hate-filled, Nat orientated, bigoted drivel.

Your Party had a bad day today. Effectively locked out of Parliament and now seen as the cause of another Tory government as Nicola's bluff has well and truly been called.

Just had a look at William Hills odds =To be prime minister on 01/08/2015   Ed Milliband  4/7

David Cameron 11/8

Now we all know Labour will not get an over all majority, the Lib Dems will not have enough seats to make a difference.

There is only one way that Milliband can be PM.

Dont think that just because Ed was less than impressive tonight its finished. The voters dont trust Cameron much either.

Your party has not won it yet imo

Guest Trapper John

Just had a look at William Hills odds =To be prime minister on 01/08/2015   Ed Milliband  4/7

David Cameron 11/8

Now we all know Labour will not get an over all majority, the Lib Dems will not have enough seats to make a difference.

There is only one way that Milliband can be PM.

Dont think that just because Ed was less than impressive tonight its finished. The voters dont trust Cameron much either.

Your party has not won it yet imo

You mean the Labour Party? I hope they do win.

You've got it wrong again about my allegiances. Looks like the bad day for the SNP is catching.

"Mr Milliband, would you like to be PM"

"No, I hate the jocks so much I'd rather never be PM"

:Aye:

So all the (English) Westminster parties have decided to exclude all SNP MPs from everything? That'll save their precious union right enough. British citizens electing British MPs to sit in the British parliament but being blackballed because the big parties don't like them.   :vrface:

Absolutely spot on. If there is some kind of SNP landslide next week - and I think anything north of 40 seats would constitute a landslide - the most dangerous thing the Tories and/or Labour could possibly do is attempt to freeze them out, ignore them, pretend they're not there. It would be an open admission that Scotland counts for nothing and that the Union is, in effect, dead. Much better for Labour to try and work with them.

It often amazes me that those who bang the drum longest and hardest about how much they love and want to protect the Union first of all have no conception of how we got here and secondly are able to propose batshit mental ideas like trying to freeze out a massive bloc of MPs representing the vast majority of the constituencies in one of the four countries of the UK.

Let's face it, next week is lose-lose for Labour. How big a loss it is will depend on Miliband. Will it be a humble pie type loss where he sits down and works with the SNP, or will it be a hissy fit loss where he gambles the future of the Union he claims to love?

Those saying Sturgeon has played her cards too soon have, I think, misjudged the situation.

I cannot understand this fear and hype re the SNP.

They are probably more left wing than Labour so most of Labour's key policies will go through if they get power.

Other key issues for SNP would be Trident.  Labour say no change which morally would have to be backed by the LibDumbs and the CONservatives.

Same with another referendum.  I fail to see what real (as opposed to imaginary) power that SNP will have and they will look even more stupid if Labour get enough votes to form "an understanding" with LDs. 

While this situation looks unlikely at this stage, all was going fairly well for Gordon Brown last time until Mrs Duffy appeared.  Something may yet give!

Gorgiewave

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/04/if-you-think-snp-are-left-wing-force-think-again

A good article about how the SNP are not progresssive.

leginten, Scotland is not a bloc in this election. It's a UK-wide election in which all seats are equal. There could be 40+ Labour MPs in London and there's no reason to assume it should have any particular "say".

It's a UK-wide election because that's wha Scotland voted for.

Psychedelicropcircle

I'd need Alan Turing to work out that code but if you're saying Federalism could be the way forward, I'd be with you on that one.

Careful trapper not only agreeing with me will reduce your quodos with JKBs BT team, you'll also be betraying liebour as they see federalism as indy by the back door.

ToadKiller Dog

The SNP giving concessions to a local bus tycoon is "arguably worse than Blair?s cloying embrace of the super-rich"

Exactly what I would expect from a New Statesman article.

I liked the bit about the SNP having no ideological core unlike labour who ditched theirs when they dumped clause 4 . Edited by ToadKiller Dog

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/04/if-you-think-snp-are-left-wing-force-think-again

A good article about how the SNP are not progresssive.

leginten, Scotland is not a bloc in this election. It's a UK-wide election in which all seats are equal. There could be 40+ Labour MPs in London and there's no reason to assume it should have any particular "say".

It's a UK-wide election because that's wha Scotland voted for.

Scotlands a nation, Londons not, yet.

If Labour go into coalition with The LDs will they get a say?.