New Season Tickets

dunciboyjambo

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Boring, get the ridiculously over optimistic guesses in now so we're all left a little disappointed when we hear the true figure. :2thumbsup:

Ok. I'll play.

13,300 season tickets will be sold. Every seat other than those in the Roseburn.

:lol:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether we sell 10 or 12k we may be heading for full or near to full houses subject to away allocations / separation of fans.

Btw I see Dumbarton have already sold out their 2,020 season tickets which is some achievement. Still leaving some seats for walk up fans. At least we have the Roseburn for that as could be the same demand as we're seeing for season tickets.

tynietigers

I do think some people are getting a wee bit carried away, yes we will sell a good amount of season tickets but it will be around the 11 thousand mar. Like what someone said there are parts of the stadium that you can't get a season ticket for, like the Gorgie keeps 300 seats back, the old stand keeps seats back for freebies & the Willie Bauld and I think the Wheatfield holds seats back so that could total between 500 to 1000.

davemclaren

Last official count was 5000, I think the 12-14k talk is a bit optimistic at the moment.

Over 10K would be a fair haul and a good basis for a busy Tynie next season

Agreed. Over 10k would be great for the Championship.

I think it's a little more than a few.

Every Gorgie pub bought them

Ex pats who couldn't attend games bought them

Ex players bought them

Current players bought them

None of these will be renewed.

Depends on what you mean by "a few" and for that matter what you mean by "A little more" but in the context of wondering whether the overall total will reach 5 figures these tickets aren't all that significant*.

In terms of absolute numbers there simply aren't that many pubs in Gorgie, there weren't many current players, The former players and ex pats were exceptional stories which is why you remember them.

Wwhile the total sales for those 4 categories is probably into 3 figures, a total of 200 would seem high

What's more in many cases the tickets will still have been used by friends and family of the people who actually paid for them. Some of these friends and family will become holders in their own right which will lessen the impact again.

*if the final number ends up being 9,950 I will retract this post and apologise

Same card, it should just be updated. I'm arriving early for the derby though, just in case!

. I always take my Reciept to the first game as well. Tho if loyalty points added should be ok.

Five to One

I'm in b, 22, the view is great, although if you're unfit you'll need oxygen when you get up to your seat, and it does take a little while to get out at the end of games.

I agree as I'm in section B row 28. It's my exercise on a Saturday! The view is spectacular, not just of the pitch, but of the Edinburgh skyline also (though I'm concentrating on the game during play of course). I like being able to see how the game is developing and find you can't do that being so close to the pitch.

Some prefer being close to the action though which I can understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree as I'm in section B row 28. It's my exercise on a Saturday! The view is spectacular, not just of the pitch, but of the Edinburgh skyline also (though I'm concentrating on the game during play of course). I like being able to see how the game is developing and find you can't do that being so close to the pitch.

Some prefer being close to the action though which I can understand.

Its definately a different view. I really enjoyed being high up at a couple of away games last season where you can see formations etc so much clearer.

Gigolo-Aunt

Whether we sell 10 or 12k we may be heading for full or near to full houses subject to away allocations / separation of fans.

Btw I see Dumbarton have already sold out their 2,020 season tickets which is some achievement. Still leaving some seats for walk up fans. At least we have the Roseburn for that as could be the same demand as we're seeing for season tickets.

That's some achievement from Dumbarton.

If we do end up selling 12/13 thousand STs it makes sense to cut the away allocation . Give them a couple of sections of the Roseburn and sell the remainder to walk up fans. If Rangers object just remind them of what they give us and tell them we thought they were boycotting anyway.

If Hibs object let them do likewise to us .

rossthejambo

If we do end up selling 12/13 thousand STs it makes sense to cut the away allocation . Give them a couple of sections of the Roseburn and sell the remainder to walk up fans. If Rangers object just remind them of what they give us and tell them we thought they were boycotting anyway.

If Hibs object let them do likewise to us .

There's no way we'll be cutting the away allocation against Hibs or Rangers.

I'm not convinced we'll sell 12/13k season tickets anyway, regardless of the bold predictions from people on here so it won't be a problem.

Clerry Jambo

Wheatfield - 277

Gorgie - 16

Main - 46

Total - 339

Going like hot cakes now.

Wheatfield: 275

Gorgie: 16

Bertie: 41

Total: 332

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm an eternal optimist, and I think we will sell 12k give or take a few hundred. See if we do? It is a phenomenal effort.

Gregory House M.D.

One things for sure. It would be absolutely glorious to sell enough ST's to justify containing those two sets of mutants to half a stand.

From the sheer amount of new ST holders I personally know of, I din't think that 11-12,000 is a figure out of our reach.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

One things for sure. It would be absolutely glorious to sell enough ST's to justify containing those two sets of mutants to half a stand.

Every now and again I read a post of yours which could have been snatched right out of my own brain. This is one of them.

Can't see it, but would love it.

Dagger Is Back

About time we built a new stand. We could easily sell 15k STs this year. Then when the dust settles in future years we could be like Hibs and play to a half empty stadium.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

About time we built a new stand. We could easily sell 15k STs this year. Then when the dust settles in future years we could be like Hibs and play to a half empty stadium.

And the season after that draw Liverpool in the Europa League and fill the bitch.

kingantti1874

From the sheer amount of new ST holders I personally know of, I din't think that 11-12,000 is a figure out of our reach.

Same - I know 3 or 4 old guys who haven't been regularly since the 90's they've all contributed to hearts in the own way before anyone criticises them but they have all bought a ST...

The capacity of the ground is 2,020 not the number of tickets sold.. they have sold out the tickets they set aside for season tickets.. approx 1000 but they have left room for away fans, walk ups and hospitality..........it will be one of the most difficult grounds to obtain away tickets for.... approx 500 tickets available.

There's no way we'll be cutting the away allocation against Hibs or Rangers.

I'm not convinced we'll sell 12/13k season tickets anyway, regardless of the bold predictions from people on here so it won't be a problem.

I said IF we end up selling 12/13 thousand STs.

The last time we had that many STs the OF had their allocation cut and the rest of the Roseburn was for Hearts fans.

No reason not to do the same again. Only difference would be cutting Hibs tickets as well.

The reason I said IF was because I actually

think we will end up somewhere between 10/11 thousand . At this stage no one can be sure.

The capacity of the ground is 2,020 not the number of tickets sold.. they have sold out the tickets they set aside for season tickets.. approx 1000 but they have left room for away fans, walk ups and hospitality..........it will be one of the most difficult grounds to obtain away tickets for.... approx 500 tickets available.

were Dumbarton not talking about erecting a temporary stand just for next season ?

The Real Maroonblood

It will be about 10k - which is pretty good for the championship.

So the uber fan is positive well that's good enough for me.

Fxxx the SPFL

were Dumbarton not talking about erecting a temporary stand just for next season ?

Dumbarton Cooncil knocked it back

His name is

I've not had a season ticket for a few years. I do now.

Can't wait to get the season started.

My guess is that we will sell 11,000. Slightly more than last year, I know a few lapsed ST holders that are coming back yet I haven't heard of anyone who is not renewing. Would be very surprised if anyone didn't actually renew tbh, unless for financial/work commitments etc.

As has been said, anything over 10k is terrific.

My guess is that we will sell 11,000. Slightly more than last year, I know a few lapsed ST holders that are coming back yet I haven't heard of anyone who is not renewing. Would be very surprised if anyone didn't actually renew tbh, unless for financial/work commitments etc.

As has been said, anything over 10k is terrific.

I think a few of people that bought season tickets last year to help save the club wont renew. Some season tickets were purchased by people living abroad who had little to no chance of actually attending games. I guess some of these people will put their money into the FOH this year instead!

I think a few of people that bought season tickets last year to help save the club wont renew. Some season tickets were purchased by people living abroad who had little to no chance of actually attending games. I guess some of these people will put their money into the FOH this year instead!

I bought an adult and U12 in the Gorgie last year to donate. When I renewed my own seat last week I told the girl in the ticket office to release the two they had reserved for me and they have been sold.

BigCGilmour

Wheatfield - 257

Gorgie - 14

Main - 27

Total 298

Is this how many season tickets are left in these areas???

yes. excluding current season ticket holders that have still to renew.

Hagar the Horrible

Wheatfield - 257

Gorgie - 14

Main - 27

Total 298

amalgamated together that equates to the Main and the Gorgie stands full, but the whole of Block A upper still to go?

I think the 12/13k chat is very optimistic it will likely be 10k or thereabouts and that in itself is a great achievement.

Come the opening of phase 2 that will be when we know where we really stand without a statement from the club of course.

Was in the shop this morning very steady line of people buying season tickets. Looking very good for next season if we have to open the Roseburn for walk ups

A poll should be started as to what season ticket holders from last season will or wont renew. People seem to be a bit pessimistic about numbers despite the apparent hundreds of new season ticket holders.

People must be overestimating the amount of "donated" season tickets from last season. It couldnt have been that many and must be more than outnumbered by new season ticket holders by now.

If we sold 10,500 last season, I would anticipate around 12,000 this season - out of Admin, out of Lith hands, new signings, etc.

Dalstonjambo
If we sold 10,500 last season, I would anticipate around 12,000 this season - out of Admin, out of Lith hands, new signings, etc.

Would be nice to think. But won't the 'not coming back until pieman/vlad/the liffs are gone' crew just find another excuse?

In my opinion most (not all) of these people seem to have one.

Would be nice to think. But won't the 'not coming back until pieman/vlad/the liffs are gone' crew just find another excuse?

Sure,the club needs the money right now and the supporters have been magnificent but the only downside of this terrific show of support is the "badge of honour" chat that seems to surface when Season Tickets are being discussed.

A lot of guys will walk up if things are going well and I have no reason to regard them any different than anyone else.

Prince Buaben

Cause Lockie wiz sacked :ninja:

Teuchterjambo

Sure,the club needs the money right now and the supporters have been magnificent but the only downside of this terrific show of support is the "badge of honour" chat that seems to surface when Season Tickets are being discussed.

A lot of guys will walk up if things are going well and I have no reason to regard them any different than anyone else.

Well said ... we need to be inclusive and welcome all. Every single one through the gates is instant money and a chance that they will become regulars.

Some people on here need to get rid of their "Holier than thou" attitudes and look forward.

Clerry Jambo

Wheatfield - 257

Gorgie - 14

Main - 27

Total 298

Wheatfield: 252

Gorgie: 11

Bertie: 21

Total: 284

FarmerTweedy

I've not had a season ticket for a few years. I do now.

Can't wait to get the season started.

You disgust me.

:whistling:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Of course there's a difference. Everybody is welcome but the people who supported the club throughout admin/bought extra tickets/did fundraising etc are part of the reason the club is still here.

Of course there's a difference. Everybody is welcome but the people who supported the club throughout admin/bought extra tickets/did fundraising etc are part of the reason the club is still here.

What about guys who went for years but haven't been for the last ten....can you see how ridiculous the "what's your excuse" guys' argument can become?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

What about guys who went for years but haven't been for the last ten....can you see how ridiculous the "what's your excuse" guys' argument can become?

Folk will have their own reasons & they absolutely have the right to come & go as they please. But you surely can't regard them the same as the folk who've gone the extra mile this last 18 months? It's the difference between a supporter & a fan imo.

EDIT: I'm obviously not talking about folk who've been out of the country/been unemployed etc here.

Folk will have their own reasons & they absolutely have the right to come & go as they please. But you surely can't regard them the same as the folk who've gone the extra mile this last 18 months? It's the difference between a supporter & a fan imo.

EDIT: I'm obviously not talking about folk who've been out of the country/been unemployed etc here.

I'm talking about guys who supported the team for many many years.

You don't get a Blue Peter badge for being around the last few months.

In fact,it is this kind of talk that i'm against.Seems to be an internet thing as I genuinely don't know anyone who talks like this in le boozer.

Archived