New Season Tickets

dunciboyjambo

The Real Maroonblood

Don't know if the word "boycotter" could be used here but plenty guys were at the Cup Final who had only been at Tynecastle a hand full of times in the last few years.

This maybe backs up an earlier assertion that the boycott was largely fictional.

Probably the uber fans on here managed to get tickets for their grannies and aunties who never attend games.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If u pay by credit card it's )?1.50 fee however if u pay with a debit card or cash there's no charge hope this helps

i think you will find because we were in administration, credit card service provider charges 5% as well as keeping money until after home games played - hence AB's email regarding cash payments,

Francis Albert

But has anyone,who has come on to say they have bought a ST for the first time in years,specifically said they were boycotting?

Some (see post#212 for example) have asserted that the return of the boycotters will have a significant positive impact on ST sales. I agree that the subsequent discussion hasn't thrown up any real evidence of this.

Some (see post#212 for example) have asserted that the return of the boycotters will have a significant positive impact on ST sales. I agree that the subsequent discussion hasn't thrown up any real evidence of this.

Seen that post and agree.

Not having a go btw but there wasn't any real organised "We'll no be back" type thing going on,maybe just different reasons,which,frankly is no business of anyone but themselves.

It is a bizarre situation anyway...having a debate like this when we have been relegated for the first time in 30 years.

Anyone who refused to go because of Mr Romanov is a welt.

Back on topic and I've renewed mine and the daughters.

Heartsofgold

Last year, in fact the day after we went into admin, I put up a post saying how upset I was that I couldn't afford a season ticket to help the club out due to family and financial conditions (disabled wife, having to give up job and 2 young kids). This situation has not changed much but, after 9 months of fighting the governments benefit system, we got some financial help that has eased the money worries a little.

Now, at that time a lot of posters (Kingantti, Beats and a lot of others) contributed money to buy a season ticket for me which, very sadly, I could not take up BUT they donated it AND a kids season ticket to big Hearts in my families name. I was in bits at this and was (and still am) very proud to be a supporter of this great club.

As I said, our financial situation is much better but not to the extent of getting a season ticket but I have managed to scrape enough together to buy the home top for myself and the kids and as soon as I'm able I will be taking them to their first games at Tynecastle.

Last year, in fact the day after we went into admin, I put up a post saying how upset I was that I couldn't afford a season ticket to help the club out due to family and financial conditions (disabled wife, having to give up job and 2 young kids). This situation has not changed much but, after 9 months of fighting the governments benefit system, we got some financial help that has eased the money worries a little.

Now, at that time a lot of posters (Kingantti, Beats and a lot of others) contributed money to buy a season ticket for me which, very sadly, I could not take up BUT they donated it AND a kids season ticket to big Hearts in my families name. I was in bits at this and was (and still am) very proud to be a supporter of this great club.

As I said, our financial situation is much better but not to the extent of getting a season ticket but I have managed to scrape enough together to buy the home top for myself and the kids and as soon as I'm able I will be taking them to their first games at Tynecastle.

I'd be more than happy to make a similar donation this year mate.

My guess would be that some just found it inconceivable that we would die, that we would disappear forever.

Now the future looks good, that next season has the potential to be the most exciting in years, they want to be part of it.

It's fine by me, there's no right and wrong here, there's no uniform relationship between individual fan and Club.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'd be more than happy to make a similar donation this year mate.

Me too... As long as that prick Jezza doesn't **** things up.

willie wallace

Any idea if how many[if any] tickets will be kept back for walk up fans.Not including the Roseburn stand.

Me too... As long as that prick Jezza doesn't **** things up.

:lol:

Mind he was wanting to meet me in the boozer to settle our differences.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

:lol:

Mind he was wanting to meet me in the boozer to settle our differences.

The PM thread? Christ.

I'm actually really pissed off about the whole episode. If that really was him having a self righteous moan about Hibs.net on PandB, then he needs to have a word with himself. The wee arsehole was intentionally trying to **** up a charitable gesture. Absolute prick.

You should have agreed to meet him. :)

The PM thread? Christ.

I'm actually really pissed off about the whole episode. If that really was him having a self righteous moan about Hibs.net on PandB, then he needs to have a word with himself. The wee arsehole was intentionally trying to **** up a charitable gesture. Absolute prick.

You should have agreed to meet him. :)

Aye in the PM. I wasn't going down that road.

**** him. Knob end.

But Aye I'll happily donate the same as last year and if HeartsofGold can't get the use of it then Big Hearts can have it in his name again.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Aye in the PM. I wasn't going down that road.

**** him. Knob end.

But Aye I'll happily donate the same as last year and if HeartsofGold can't get the use of it then Big Hearts can have it in his name again.

Aye, count me in. I'll need to wait until the end of July though, I think.

Everyone welcome. Analysing why people do things I get - not sure whether looking into why people don't do things is as helpful - eg has anything useful been done by analysing the season ticket holders who don't support the club by going to Cup games.

People should do, and be encouraged to do what they want. Do some people resent the new season ticket holders? If so why? Does anyone still hold grudges against those who bought or didn't buy shares? You can still feel superior to other people if you want though. But everyone is welcome to feel part of the club in whatever way they choose.

The club has been saved btw. Enough people bought season tickets last year to save the club. Now we're moving forward and its welcome to everyone.

I knew that, despite me saying it in my post, some would see it as a dig. I'll go a bit clearer for the short sighted.

Anybody is welcome to buy an ST. I agree with the term "the more the merrier".

I hope we sell out ST's.

That clear? Okay, I'm just curious as to why we are hearing folk coming back this year and not last year.

I'm one of those.

My reason for having one for the first time in ages is this time last year there was no way in hell I could afford to buy a season ticket as I was unemployed at the time. Had I not been I would certainly have bought one then.

This sort of post I totally get. I struggled to afford my ST last year and almost missed out. Ended up costing me more as I was proper late. Finances is a totally understandable rationale.

Of course everybody is welcome and we are moving forward but how people reacted to our plight is interesting. I work with a guy who had a S.T. for years until 2 seasons ago. Last season he never went to a single game despite the clubs pleas and a bit of gentle persuasion from myself. He's just bought a new season ticket. Weird.

...it's folk like this I'd be intrigued to speak to. Not in a bad way, I'm just curious. Why now? I guess it's the thought that we will likely win more games than we have for 9 years. For some it may be the whole Johnny Foreigner thing. I just don't get it.

Hannibal Lecter

This sort of post I totally get. I struggled to afford my ST last year and almost missed out. Ended up costing me more as I was proper late. Finances is a totally understandable rationale.

Even though I didn't have a season ticket last year I paid per game and was at the majority of home games.

The Real Maroonblood

Even though I didn't have a season ticket last year I paid per game and was at the majority of home games.

The thing is will the Kickback police accept your explanation?

I was only curious. I wasn't looking for you or anybody to justify anything!

Hannibal Lecter

Nah, I know mate. Totally understand where you were coming from :thumb:

You've opened up a can of worms,mate. :2thumbsup:

The new regime has reinvigorated the support.

Debate over!

bigis semiauskas

Is it really that difficult? What's happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've opened up a can of worms,mate. :2thumbsup:

The new regime has reinvigorated the support.

Debate over!

Not meaning to, honest. I'm just curious. If we get lots of new/lapsed Season ticket holders that will be amazing.

Not meaning to, honest. I'm just curious. If we get lots of new/lapsed Season ticket holders that will be amazing.

The evidence seems to suggest so,mate.

Lots of existing guys still to cough up....me included!

kingantti1874

Well we sold 13000-14000 in 05/06 and the club reported at the time to have had 20000+ applications. Yet 10,500 bought last season...

I think people had become disenfranchised with the club... Hopefully they will come back and stick around

The evidence seems to suggest so,mate.

Lots of existing guys still to cough up....me included!

I left it late last year and got stung. A good ?150 more than I paid this year. Don't dawdle, mate. ;)

I left it late last year and got stung. A good ?150 more than I paid this year. Don't dawdle, mate. ;)

All in hand!

Well we sold 13000-14000 in 05/06 and the club reported at the time to have had 20000+ applications. Yet 10,500 bought last season...

I think people had become disenfranchised with the club... Hopefully they will come back and stick around

I'm not sure the above number is accurate. Current capacity is, what, 16,500? I'm fairly certain we need to leave a certain amount for walk up tickets. We definitely didn't sell all of the three stands as ST's.

The crux of your point is valid though. In answer to your last line, I honestly think they will. There's a good feeling about and a stable, frugal, long term Hearts is in place. I also wonder if the FoH thing will add ST's. When I say that I mean fans feeling like they've got a vested interest in success/profit.

I'm not sure the above number is accurate. Current capacity is, what, 16,500? I'm fairly certain we need to leave a certain amount for walk up tickets. We definitely didn't sell all of the three stands as ST's.

The crux of your point is valid though. In answer to your last line, I honestly think they will. There's a good feeling about and a stable, frugal, long term Hearts is in place. I also wonder if the FoH thing will add ST's. When I say that I mean fans feeling like they've got a vested interest in success/profit.

Sure the capacity was a bit more that season...17,300 seems to ring a bell.Some Section N work reduced it a bit.Maybe wrong with the timing though!

scott herbertson

Or perhaps they could just come on and offer an explanation, as a few already have. Someone came on and argued that a high ST take up reflected the return of the anti-Vlad boycotters. People (mostly) have raised a few perfectly

reasonable points about this assertion. Where do the stocks and rotten fruit come in?

Still waiting for a boycotter saying their boycott extended to the 2012 cup final. Now that would be highly principled and in some ways admirable.

it was just a joke man, because people had drifted from the initial reasonable question to talking about undeserving people getting tickets for cup finals etc etc - the link was being made however false. The stocks was just a joke - if someone gave up their season ticket, then got a cup final ticket through a friend and is now back as a season ticket holder my personal take is we should welcome them back wholeheartedly - the Prodigal sons if you like.

Personally I doubt whether there was many boycotters who came back prior to now, as I think for many people the Burley and Rix fiasco was a last straw - ie they were fed up of being toyed with by the owners - going way back there were similar expressions used when Willie Wallace was sold for example. I think many would be people who were losing interest anyway

Some of those boycotters may well be coming back now because we really appear to be making a fresh start, with none of the baggage of soiled owners. (They may also have contributed financially and I suspect most wil have turned up to games like the St Mirren game when there was a sentimental call to arms)

Experience says this could be a fragile group - liable to drift away again, so we need to work hard to keep them (including welcoming them back unreservedly IMO )

Anything over 8k would be really good imo.

We'll have between 9k & 10k, IMO. Possibly tipping over 10k if the next couple of signings really excite (Gordon).

I moved back to Scotland last year after 17 years in England. I've now bought my first season ticket since I was a teenager. Here's to an exciting season in the championship.

heartsfc_fan

We will be well over 8k. I absolutely bet my life on it. :lol:

We will. I'm sure of it.

If we've sold over 5k at this stage, then I think we'll comfortably get 9-10k.

Pay day for most next weekend so I'd expect another surge of sales.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

We will. I'm sure of it.

If we've sold over 5k at this stage, then I think we'll comfortably get 9-10k.

Pay day for most next weekend so I'd expect another surge of sales.

Definitely. I think it's gonna be just above or below ten thousand. Which is obviously GREAT. :smug:

All roads lead to Gorgie

I will be disappointed if we don't break 10k to be honest. Come on Jambos it's time to do the walk as well as the talk. Sorry to come across as a bit trans Atlantic there but it is up to all of us to renew first and encourage more to join us. :2thumbsup:

Fat Striker

Over 10k I reckon.

There is a feel good factor at the club at the moment and everyone wants to be part of it.

With further good news expected next week I expect the momentum to continue.

Drunkn_Munky_Nat

Does anybody know who cheques have to be made out to for buying season tickets? Buying mine tomorrow hopefully :2thumbsup:

We should sell as many STs as folk want even if it means filling the entire home end with STs.

We can always open the Roseburn to Hearts fans just give away fans a max of two sections Rangers and Hibs included in that.

That is the reason we were able to have 13000 STs in 05/06 . Hibs were the only team to get the whole Roseburn. They wont need it this time .

Pants Shaton

Boring, boring but as long as it keeps you happy ... at least you don't have to have an excuse to have a go at your fellow fans as it comes so naturally to you.

If only we were all like you ... feck me what a thought !

I can't remember if it was you who called me boring on another thread for making the same point?

Anyway, it matters not a jot.

How principled were the supposed boycotters? Did they miss all the finals and Euro trips? Or was it just Wednesday night games against Ross County?

Francis Albert

it was just a joke man, because people had drifted from the initial reasonable question to talking about undeserving people getting tickets for cup finals etc etc - the link was being made however false. The stocks was just a joke - if someone gave up their season ticket, then got a cup final ticket through a friend and is now back as a season ticket holder my personal take is we should welcome them back wholeheartedly - the Prodigal sons if you like.

Personally I doubt whether there was many boycotters who came back prior to now, as I think for many people the Burley and Rix fiasco was a last straw - ie they were fed up of being toyed with by the owners - going way back there were similar exp<b></b>ressions used when Willie Wallace was sold for example. I think many would be people who were losing interest anyway

Some of those boycotters may well be coming back now because we really appear to be making a fresh start, with none of the baggage of soiled owners. (They may also have contributed financially and I suspect most wil have turned up to games like the St Mirren game when there was a sentimental call to arms)

Experience says this could be a fragile group - liable to drift away again, so we need to work hard to keep them (including welcoming them back unreservedly IMO )

Of course everyone is welcome. I'd just be a bit more impressed by boycotters who sacrifice the 2012 final than those who boycotted a rather disappointing league campaign. No-one has yet admitted to the former though.

MrWinningSmith

Does anyone know how long Zebra Finance usually take to send out the forms? I applied on the first day of season tickets going on sale.

Archived