Ann Budge - HMFC Takeover Complete

upgotheheads

scottish_chicP

Lawyers at my work are actually laughing at that Scotsman article....absolutely no truth in it whatsoever :lol:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Walter Bishop

I remember being at the Hibs Rally in 1990, I remember the Proclaimers fronting the whole day (they're cringeworthy at the best of times, but we felt at the time it was for a good cause so stomached it), and I witnessed with my own eyes not just Hearts fans mixing with Hibs fans, but fans of plenty other clubs showing their colours in support of HIbs going bust, but there was plenty maroon there too. The crowd there would have been around 10K if I remember rightly, and the Dunbar End was pretty much completely empty. I left the rally that day thinking I had done a good deed, and to this day I still believe I have because there would have been no more Hearts either, let alone the death of HIbs, as the two clubs would have been merged and a lot of history would be lost (despite HIbs fans claims that we would have played in maroon and been called Hearts to justify their pathetic singing of the death of a cancer victim)

Kenny McLean at the time appealed for both Hearts and Hibs fans to turn up in huge numbers and forget about tribalism for the day, and tribalism was very much forgotten as there was absolutely zero aggro (not that I saw anyway) throughout the day, and Hibs fans even applauded the Hearts fans who turned up, however the expected 25,000 turn out which had been planned for, never materialised, there wasn't even half of that there, and yet Hibs fans go on about "a proper way of saving a club", and a good few of them were Hearts fans! I've often wondered just how many Hibs fans actually turned up that day, it wasn't many that's for sure, and nowhere near the numbers that have been turning up in their droves, digging deep into their pockets, and doing anything they can to fund raise to save HMFC.

I remember when we were threatened with liquidation before Romanov came along, and the sheer hatred they showed towards Hearts, and the utter desire they showed for us to go bust, there were actually very few Hibbies around then who actually wanted us to stay afloat, and I couldn't quite get my head around this, more so because I'd stood with them at their pishy wee rally to lend a supporting hand, and yet the feeling when the roles were reversed was so poisonous that it was incredible! I tried to make sense of it, and I still can't, I can actually understand more why they want us dead nowadays because they feel we've financially cheated our way to two Scottish Cup wins, and robbed them of their elusive holy grail since Romanov took over (even though it's a crock of shite, at least it's half a reason), but trying to get my head around it before Romanov came in was extremely difficult because it was Hibs who tried to buy success in the late 80s and early 90s before it went pear shaped, and it was Hibs who bought their way out of the old First Division in 1999 when they racked up huge debts to come straight back up (they'd probably be dead had they not come straight back up), and then got very lucky with some decent talent to sell to the Old Firm to keep them going, and yet they beat the drum about financial mismanagement to anyone who will give them the time of day.

If the roles are ever reversed and Hibs find themselves in serious financial difficulty again, then I know where they can shove my support this time as I'll simply point and laugh, I'm 100% convinced that if that day were to happen, then Hibs fans would never be able to come together like Hearts fans have and save their tinpot clubs existence, it just wouldn't happen, they're currently embroiled in some of the most important matches in their history by trying to keep their club in the top flight, and yet less than 10,000 of them could be bothered to turn up for what should have been close to a sell out!

A pathetic club with pathetic fans, and yet I would still hate to see them go bust because we have too much fun with them, I think the fact that we practically own them on every footballing stage is pure karma for the way everyone associated with that horrible little club behaves in relation to anything to do with Hearts whenever anything threatens to go wrong, long may they survive, but as usual, as our bitches!

standing-ovation.gif

Geoff Kilpatrick

Lawyers at my work are actually laughing at that Scotsman article....absolutely no truth in it whatsoever :lol:

:wow:

Stunned at this news, stunned!

;)

The paper needs to rethink how it engages with the Edinburgh supporters, whether you agree or not actually doesn't matter there's a clear message being sent out that we're fed up reading it and it's not giving us any information that we find credible.

At the EEN, I noticed a bid difference in reporting style when Banderson came on board from Rangers News to handle its Hearts based stories. While David Hardie always tried to keep his Hibs pieces positive and written from a ER prospective, Banderson was more interested in the scoop regardless of whether it was Hearts positive or negative.

For many years I subscribed to The Scotsman. Even when I was based in London, Paris and Abu Dhabi it was my broadsheet of choice when I could find it. Not any more it ain't. Tom English, Aidan Smith, Andrew Smith, Moira Gordon, etc. started to annoy me at the SOS which in turn affected my opinion of The Scotsman. It's been over 10 years since I bought a copy. I rarely even bother with its online version unless directed to an article on JKB.

Personally I do not believe that The Scotsman is deliberately anti-Hearts as an editorial position but I do feel that apart from Stuart Bathgate those sports writers that are given the brief to report from Tynecastle are not Hearts minded. Just my opinion. But it is opinions like mine that Johnston Press need to sway if they want to increase readership. Somehow once lost I doubt ex-readers will return.

Seymour M Hersh

Hourly Rates? You obviously have had little dealings with corporate lawyers. Lawyers bill their time in increments of six, twelve or eighteen minutes depending on their corporate billing policy. No doubt they will take the chance to expand their fees but I too do not believe that there are any real issues apart from tedious paperwork formalities in two languages.

It was tongue in cheek taz. And apart from recruiting them for 18 years you are correct I've had very little dealings with corporate lawyers (in their line of work).

Rabbie_Burns

The sad fact is if you want to read balanced, unslanted articles on Hearts then the weegie based Herald has been one of the better papers recently. They don't constantly come out with the endless speculative negative stories about alleged goings on behind the scenes at Hearts which the Scotsman excel in. Why an Edinburgh based newspaper should consistently set out to alienate a large percentage of it's potential readership is a complete mystery particularly given the already hardening times being experienced within the industry ? :-/

I live and work abroad, Norway presently, and most morning have a look at a few sites for the latest news Hearts and otherwise, the Scotsman being one of them.

I don't find it bias, probably because I don't read much about other teams, hibs included, just the Hearts stuff and I tend to agree it does mostly come with a negative slant and usually late but that maybe a fact of modern media timing.

There is NO anti-Hearts bias at The Scotsman. That is a fact, whether you believe it or not.

There IS an anti Hearts bias at The Scotsman. That's a fact, whether you admit it or not.

There is NO anti-Hearts bias at The Scotsman. That is a fact, whether you believe it or not.

Going by some of what's previously been written, if it's not bias, then it's either incompetence or dishonesty - far be it from me to speculate which....

:unsure:

Unknown user

The Scotsman isn't biased. Dreadful but not biased

And there, I'm afraid, is the truth at the core of it all.

When I moved abroad the EEN and Scotsman websites were a huge deal for keeping me informed.

Now I don't even bother.

Stories can be OK but are written without thought towards their target audience IMO, headlines are sensationalist and often very very misleading. I don't personally think there's an active bias but if you're going down a tabloid rag route, stop pretending to be respectable!

As for the comments sections, jeeeez!

scott_jambo

Going by some of what's previously been written, if it's not bias, then it's either incompetence or dishonesty - far be it from me to speculate which....

This.

The herald doesn't pretend it has facts that it clearly doesn't. The stories in the scotsman are quute often with little truth and as mentioned the headlines are very misleading.

Fxxx the SPFL

does the answer begin with 'd'. The problem with the hootsman/evening hobo most jambos feel there is a preceived bias due to the fact that outwith the sports pages there still appears an excessive amount of hobo linked stories. John Gibson posts his usual drivel very rarely comments after his team are ritually pumped by the big team but is quite happy to mouth off on the occasion of the odd win. Grant Stott, the late Margo Macdonald (who i did like as a dedicated politician) and others. However they tend to always have a negative slant on all things Hearts but maybe they are trying to redress the balance of supporting a s**t football team that gets no positive press outwith their own rag. Just an observation.

Oh it's bias alright C, I've had it confirmed by a Sports subby in the back of my cab. Straight from the horses mouth.

It was about 2 years ago, a Geordie sounding guy. I asked him straight out why the paper had it in for us, and he basically put it down to the fact that, since Vlads arrival, they had no 'mole' within the club to feed them titbits. They had tried to secure an insider, but Vlad and his cohorts gave them nothing in the way of scoops.

This boy freely admitted that their nose was out of joint regarding Vlad and his ways, and he went on to say he felt it was out of order the way that Vlad/Hearts had treated THEM (I know, crazy huh?). He basically said that a collective 'up yours' had been directed towards Gorgie from the newspaper ever since.

I took some solace from the fact that at least I told him what I thought of his shitrag, but ill never forget my shock at this guys blatant admission that they could write what they wanted about Hearts, safe in the knowledge they had no relationship with us to damage.

To my mind, as a regular buyer of both the Scotsman and EEN in the past, it's a bias.

TheMaganator

And there you have it.

A made-up story by them. Made to cast a negative light on the proceedings.

Call that anti-Hearts, or shite reporting, it matters not.

I remember being at the Hibs Rally in 1990, I remember the Proclaimers fronting the whole day (they're cringeworthy at the best of times, but we felt at the time it was for a good cause so stomached it), and I witnessed with my own eyes not just Hearts fans mixing with Hibs fans, but fans of plenty other clubs showing their colours in support of HIbs going bust, but there was plenty maroon there too. The crowd there would have been around 10K if I remember rightly, and the Dunbar End was pretty much completely empty. I left the rally that day thinking I had done a good deed, and to this day I still believe I have because there would have been no more Hearts either, let alone the death of HIbs, as the two clubs would have been merged and a lot of history would be lost (despite HIbs fans claims that we would have played in maroon and been called Hearts to justify their pathetic singing of the death of a cancer victim)

Kenny McLean at the time appealed for both Hearts and Hibs fans to turn up in huge numbers and forget about tribalism for the day, and tribalism was very much forgotten as there was absolutely zero aggro (not that I saw anyway) throughout the day, and Hibs fans even applauded the Hearts fans who turned up, however the expected 25,000 turn out which had been planned for, never materialised, there wasn't even half of that there, and yet Hibs fans go on about "a proper way of saving a club", and a good few of them were Hearts fans! I've often wondered just how many Hibs fans actually turned up that day, it wasn't many that's for sure, and nowhere near the numbers that have been turning up in their droves, digging deep into their pockets, and doing anything they can to fund raise to save HMFC.

I remember when we were threatened with liquidation before Romanov came along, and the sheer hatred they showed towards Hearts, and the utter desire they showed for us to go bust, there were actually very few Hibbies around then who actually wanted us to stay afloat, and I couldn't quite get my head around this, more so because I'd stood with them at their pishy wee rally to lend a supporting hand, and yet the feeling when the roles were reversed was so poisonous that it was incredible! I tried to make sense of it, and I still can't, I can actually understand more why they want us dead nowadays because they feel we've financially cheated our way to two Scottish Cup wins, and robbed them of their elusive holy grail since Romanov took over (even though it's a crock of shite, at least it's half a reason), but trying to get my head around it before Romanov came in was extremely difficult because it was Hibs who tried to buy success in the late 80s and early 90s before it went pear shaped, and it was Hibs who bought their way out of the old First Division in 1999 when they racked up huge debts to come straight back up (they'd probably be dead had they not come straight back up), and then got very lucky with some decent talent to sell to the Old Firm to keep them going, and yet they beat the drum about financial mismanagement to anyone who will give them the time of day.

If the roles are ever reversed and Hibs find themselves in serious financial difficulty again, then I know where they can shove my support this time as I'll simply point and laugh, I'm 100% convinced that if that day were to happen, then Hibs fans would never be able to come together like Hearts fans have and save their tinpot clubs existence, it just wouldn't happen, they're currently embroiled in some of the most important matches in their history by trying to keep their club in the top flight, and yet less than 10,000 of them could be bothered to turn up for what should have been close to a sell out!

A pathetic club with pathetic fans, and yet I would still hate to see them go bust because we have too much fun with them, I think the fact that we practically own them on every footballing stage is pure karma for the way everyone associated with that horrible little club behaves in relation to anything to do with Hearts whenever anything threatens to go wrong, long may they survive, but as usual, as our bitches!

Great post, John. :bravo:

How can you claim it to be fact? Why don't you post under you real name so as too add weight to your comments? I find it strange that you decided to only just come on now and defend the paper.I have a friend who still works at the paper and he tells a different story from yourself. My opinion is based on the drivel that I have read in your paper.

If anorman is an alias then "Alistair Norman" Production Journalist at the Scotsman will be most annoyed

Dallas Green

Whether it is bias or shite journalism the standard of the articles are normally very poor in the sports section.

My dad up until recently believed everything he read in it. Then I pointed him towards reading kickback.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Whether it is bias or shite journalism the standard of the articles are normally very poor in the sports section.

My dad up until recently believed everything he read in it. Then I pointed him towards reading kickback.

And that's why they love and hate places like this at the same time. Amongst the sea of crap you get on here, you still get the nuggets of insight and info on the club that everyone is seeking. The papers cannot get those sources to their readers in the same fashion, which is why they will get the same stories 24 hours later. Hence why clickbait rather than news seems to be the core content now.

The difference is that if you post something on kickback that people think is bollocks then you'll have to defend it.

In journalism the editorial process is brief and hidden from the end user, on kickback it's more exhaustive and done in the open.

John, I love you.

Gies a kiss.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The difference is that if you post something on kickback that people think is bollocks then you'll have to defend it. you will have the pish ripped out of you.

In journalism the editorial process is brief and hidden from the end user, on kickback it's more exhaustive and done in the open.

FTFY

FTFY

Getting the pish ripped out of you is what happens when you can't defend it.

At least that's what I heard in Greggs

This boy freely admitted that their nose was out of joint regarding Vlad and his ways, and he went on to say he felt it was out of order the way that Vlad/Hearts had treated THEM (I know, crazy huh?). He basically said that a collective 'up yours' had been directed towards Gorgie from the newspaper ever since.

I took some solace from the fact that at least I told him what I thought of his shitrag, but ill never forget my shock at this guys blatant admission that they could write what they wanted about Hearts, safe in the knowledge they had no relationship with us to damage.

Very much this. When Vlad stopped the feeding by insiders to the papers, there was no longer any need to be Hearts friendly. Certainly no succulent lamb at Gorgie.

Nah, you're all right. I'll use my freedom of speech to point out that your paper is utter horse shit.

Cheers.

this.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

There IS an anti Hearts bias at The Scotsman. That's a fact, whether you admit it or not.

No offence intented Mr Sifter, but there ISN'T!

Very much this. When Vlad stopped the feeding by insiders to the papers, there was no longer any need to be Hearts friendly. Certainly no succulent lamb at Gorgie.

0,,10289~3110157,00.jpg

Knowing the sports editor of the EEN/Scotsman there is certainly a big dislike of anything Hearts In fact recently when speaking to him I couldn't believe how much disdain he has for Hearts. In fact if I didn't know him well I would have thought he was one of those neds from Lochend moaning because their giro hadn't turned up. So given that stories have to come via him before printing, then think some of his dislike of all things Hearts may come across.

What I have noticed over the last few years, is if you compare reports on both Edinburgh sides there always seems the need in a positive Hearts story to stick in some negativity but on the Hibs reports you don't tend to see that (apart from in recent month's where it is difficult to be positive about them !!). Certainly as mentioned the Vlad impact has certainly put their noses out. But the standard of reporting is also poor how many stories I wonder have just been lifted from fans forums rather than going out and investigating and asking questions ? I could probably start a post on here indicating that I heard some rich Arab was looking to pump millions into the club get a couple of others to say I heard that rumour also and before you know it, it will be in the EEN/Scotsman !!!

Knowing the sports editor of the EEN/Scotsman there is certainly a big dislike of anything Hearts In fact recently when speaking to him I couldn't believe how much disdain he has for Hearts. In fact if I didn't know him well I would have thought he was one of those neds from Lochend moaning because their giro hadn't turned up. So given that stories have to come via him before printing, then think some of his dislike of all things Hearts may come across.

What I have noticed over the last few years, is if you compare reports on both Edinburgh sides there always seems the need in a positive Hearts story to stick in some negativity but on the Hibs reports you don't tend to see that (apart from in recent month's where it is difficult to be positive about them !!). Certainly as mentioned the Vlad impact has certainly put their noses out. But the standard of reporting is also poor how many stories I wonder have just been lifted from fans forums rather than going out and investigating and asking questions ? I could probably start a post on here indicating that I heard some rich Arab was looking to pump millions into the club get a couple of others to say I heard that rumour also and before you know it, it will be in the EEN/Scotsman !!!

Fairs fair though

The EEN/Scotsman lifts stories from nonsense posted here, We have threads based on nonsense published by EEN/Scotsman.

You would think that despite protesting that there is no bias, it should be apparent that a large section of readership/potential readership has formed the view that their is bias.

Rather than simply posting on a forum saying, "no there isnae", wouldn't you have a look at what was giving people this opinion in the first place?

Skivingatwork

The problem that newspapers have these days is that they are essentially reporting yesterday's news. Ok, I accept that this has always been the case, but when I think back 20 years ago when I was a lad at school, all the football chat in the playground was based around the content of newspapers. Press conferences etc weren't reported until the next day and there was no other media available.

Fast forward to present day and with the onslaught of 24 hr news, socail media etc we are instantly informed of happenings (not just in sport) all around the world.

How do newspapers compete in this space?

The answer has been, unfortunately, sensationalism. Trying to convincve potential readers that they have tidbits the reader doesn't know. Sadly the Scotsman have gone down this route. Don't have the link but an article a few weeks ago was headlined 'Hearts on the Brink', subheading spoke of impending liquidation. However, having read the meat of the article it was merely a rehash of the previous days news where Bryan Jackson was expressing his frustration at the length of time the admin process was taking. Nothing new, nothing insightful, just sensationalist, inferred mischief making derived from a few quotes.

Hearts fans reading this are left feeling anger towards the publisher as their already heightened emotions are being toyed with to generate a few clicks or a few sales.

That is why I stopped reading their publications and moved to other outlets that report facts, I suspect a good number have made the same choice.

Dagger Is Back

There are no journalists at The Scotsman that's for sure. People are entitled to their views and opinions surrly? Sad that a once proud institution now finds itself in the gutter.

kingantti1874

Yeah, given we have a fair idea who he is and what his views are despite official denials to the contrary that is no surprise...Hopefully im allowed to post that, apologies if not

Franco Fascione

I don't know him personally but do know a family member and the disdain which you speak of, for Hearts, is definitely there.

Biased, perhaps. Negative, for sure.

No offence intented Mr Sifter, but there ISN'T!

No offence taken mate!!

Of course, an issue like this is always subjective. As others have said, there are Hibbies out there that think the Scotsman is PRO Hearts, so we are never all gonna agree on this.

As I've said before tho, things changed in that paper when Vlad cut off the lines of communication between Hearts and Johnston Press. The impression I got from this wee Geordie dude (see my previous post) was that he almost found it incredulous that a football club wouldn't have a direct line to the local press, and vice versa.

Now we can argue WHY Vlad wanted to cull any cosy little relationships between Hearts and JP (I'd guess him being an egomaniac might've had something to do with it!), but the fact is that, noses were put out of joint down Holyrood Road, and they've never forgotten it.

As a caveat, I'd like to think that bridges COULD be built between our Club and the local media. In some ways I almost miss buying an EN, but it's clear from reading this thread, that many of us will never gob on a JP publication again.

Quite a sad ending all round I'd suggest. It never had to be this way.

King Of The Cat Cafe

I do not live in Edinburgh, but have been visiting regularly for years, and each time I buy the EEN.

I was a journalist for many years and wrote for all types of organisations. The first time ever I read the EEN, I could not believe how poor it was for a daily paper in a capital city. I have kept buying it to see if it would improve, but it has not.

EEN news values are vastly inferior to comparable papers in comparable cities. Newspapers such as the Belfast Telegraph put the EEN to shame, and there are weekly newspapers that have a more interesting and better written content.

Part of the problem is the vicious circle that newspapers seem unable to square: circulation drops and income falls so you cut costs and shedding journalists is an easy quick fix, but when you get rid of journalists, the quality of the paper falls, so that circulation drops and income falls, so.....

Remember, too, that many journalists are lazy. It is just too easy to write a sensational headline, put in a paragraph or two of new 'facts' and then pad the story out with stuff that has been published before.

Also remember that good news does not sell newspapers. The average reader is not interested in things being happy and positive, he/she wants trauma, disaster and sensation. (Pictures of pretty girls are a bonus.)

Kenny ******* Powers

2 pages added since I last looked at this thread. Come in hoping for some news about exiting administration.

Read 2 pages of debate about a shite newspaper.

:seething:

2 pages added since I last looked at this thread. Come in hoping for some news about exiting administration.

Read 2 pages of debate about a shite newspaper.

:seething:

This :wtf:

May one-six

You would think that despite protesting that there is no bias, it should be apparent that a large section of readership/potential readership has formed the view that their is bias.

Rather than simply posting on a forum saying, "no there isnae", wouldn't you have a look at what was giving people this opinion in the first place?

It's pretty simple why people have this opinion - they are football fans and they get upset when anyone other than them says anything less than complimentary about their club. Clearly, I have not looked at every fans forum in the world but I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't have to search far to find complaints about some part of the media being biased against them. We complain about it, Hobos complain about it, Huns complain about it, Mhanks complain about it...and on and on and on.

punkrockcroc

Being a natural pessimist I've been waiting for something to jump out of the woodwork before the deadline on Sunday. However being that the business week is over (unless they work Saturdays in Lithuania) we should be home and dry.

I'm presently suffering from1986 syndrome (difficult to sleep) and I'm reminded by listening to the SLF song "Rough trade" where there is a line in the song that says " yeah, they agreed but they hadn't signed " When is this going to be over?

Francis Albert

Geoff,

I see no bias at all in today's article. It is simple statement of the facts.

W.

So BDO's funds are going to run out in days? Fact? And if things are not concluded by next Friday other options will have to be explored? Fact? I don't believe either is remotely a "fact".

No-one has ever suggested there was anything like as short as a two week deadline between the end of the "cooling off" period on Ubig's shares and conclusion of the sale and purchase agreement - all participants have

indicatred it would take significantly longer. Wishful thinking at a Hibs.net level.

Dear fellow jkb-ers,

Having recently retired after working 30 years on The Scotsman, Evening News and, occasionally, the SOS, I have to speak out in support of my friends and former colleagues who still work there.

Let me make things crystal-clear. There is not, nor has there ever been, any anti-Hearts bias on these newspapers. There are as many Jambos on the staff as there are Hibbies and followers of other clubs. In fact, some of the best-known writers whom so many of you accuse of inventing anti-Hearts stories are as fanatical Jambos as any who regularly spout their vile, ignorant and defamatory drivel on this website.

These are the facts, whether you like them or not, or whether they clash with your own prejudices. I have been a Hearts supporter for more than 50 years and a journalist for 40 years, so I think I know as much about what constitutes good football reporting as any of you. Remember, these journalists are covered by the laws of libel and contempt that you all seem happy to ignore. So please, give them a break and give us all a rest from your anti-Scotsman guff.

Name and shame, plz.

maroonlegions

So BDO's funds are going to run out in days? Fact? And if things are not concluded by next Friday other options will have to be explored? Fact? I don't believe either is remotely a "fact".

No-one has ever suggested there was anything like as short as a two week deadline between the end of the "cooling off" period on Ubig's shares and conclusion of the sale and purchase agreement - all participants have

indicatred it would take significantly longer. Wishful thinking at a Hibs.net level.

Agree, MSN eh.

734420_751536754872897_1219061948_n.jpg

scott herbertson

Look at the tone of this article from pre-season 2013/14- not an opinion piece but apparently a 'factual' piece, an of course as we know from the actual attendances that this was just a piece of bluster from ER's press side. It even helpfully includes the link to go an buy your season ticket. Effectively its a piece of advertising for Hibs and I can't recollect anything similar for Hearts

Hibs hail fans after season ticket sales

4120988716.jpg

Hibs are hoping to break the 8,000 barrier.

Published on the 12 June

12:00

HIBS today thanked supporters for throwing their backing behind the team ? as they prepare to smash through the barrier of 8000 season tickets.

The Easter Road club did not reach that milestone until the middle of August last year, but could now be set for a bumper season if fans keep snapping up the briefs. The prospect of European football, combined with a trio of new signings and a much improved performance last season ? including reaching their second Scottish Cup final on the bounce ? have all contributed to an upturn in sales, despite the current financial climate.

Russell Smith, head of the club?s commercial department, said: ?This is a really positive message from the fans for us. Everyone knows how difficult the financial climate is at the moment and the fact that supporters are still coming out and buying season tickets says a lot.

?The way that they backed the team in the Scottish Cup final in May was phenomenal ?and they have showed their support again by buying season tickets ? and it is completely ?appreciated by everyone at the club. We are in a very different economic environment than we were a couple of years ago, but I think that everyone can see the progress that this side is ?making and they want to be a part of it. There are some fans who haven?t renewed their season tickets from last season yet but there are some exciting times ahead, there is European football to be played and hopefully we can do that in front of a packed crowd at Easter Road.?

Season tickets are still on sale and can be bought either in ?person at the ticket desk in the club shop or by visiting ?www.hibernianfc.co.uk. Prices range from ?25 for children up to ?405 for adults.[/font]

the jambo poet

40 years a journalist and the most descriptive word you can come up with is "guff"

Says it all about that rag actually.

Look at the tone of this article from pre-season 2013/14- not an opinion piece but apparently a 'factual' piece, an of course as we know from the actual attendances that this was just a piece of bluster from ER's press side. It even helpfully includes the link to go an buy your season ticket. Effectively its a piece of advertising for Hibs and I can't recollect anything similar for Hearts

Hibs hail fans after season ticket sales

4120988716.jpg

Hibs are hoping to break the 8,000 barrier.

Published on the 12 June

12:00

HIBS today thanked supporters for throwing their backing behind the team ? as they prepare to smash through the barrier of 8000 season tickets.

The Easter Road club did not reach that milestone until the middle of August last year, but could now be set for a bumper season if fans keep snapping up the briefs. The prospect of European football, combined with a trio of new signings and a much improved performance last season ? including reaching their second Scottish Cup final on the bounce ? have all contributed to an upturn in sales, despite the current financial climate.

Russell Smith, head of the club?s commercial department, said: ?This is a really positive message from the fans for us. Everyone knows how difficult the financial climate is at the moment and the fact that supporters are still coming out and buying season tickets says a lot.

?The way that they backed the team in the Scottish Cup final in May was phenomenal ?and they have showed their support again by buying season tickets ? and it is completely ?appreciated by everyone at the club. We are in a very different economic environment than we were a couple of years ago, but I think that everyone can see the progress that this side is ?making and they want to be a part of it. There are some fans who haven?t renewed their season tickets from last season yet but there are some exciting times ahead, there is European football to be played and hopefully we can do that in front of a packed crowd at Easter Road.?

Season tickets are still on sale and can be bought either in ?person at the ticket desk in the club shop or by visiting ?www.hibernianfc.co.uk. Prices range from ?25 for children up to ?405 for adults.[/font]

:rofl:

Walter Bishop

Nail on head.

Archived