Ann Budge - HMFC Takeover Complete

upgotheheads

My guess/assumption is that the Lithuanians want to make sure that there is a clean cut. Remember as part of this deal we are taking over the 'football debt' and I guess they want to make sure all debts are included. Anything from deferred wages, companies owed, charities, even utility bills needs to be checked.

I'd have thought they would just take a look at the papers once they'd been written up, and sign off if they were satisfied. Only as they've got a hell of a lot more work to do and probably want to wipe their hands of this ASAP.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have security over an asset to release.

They also have to specify where the funds are paid to.

There is also the matter of the further payment in 12 months and the caveats surrounding that.

Isn't all this (Apart from where the funds are to be paid which is, in reality, a fair simple task) included in the paperwork written up by BDO/FOH.

I'd have thought they would just take a look at the papers once they'd been written up, and sign off if they were satisfied. Only as they've got a hell of a lot more work to do and probably want to wipe their hands of this ASAP.

I agree they want to wash their hands of it... but guessing they want to take the time to make sure there is a clean cut.

I'm sure the Lithuanian Admins don't want to be hit later on with a library fine as Rodney never returned his copy of idiots guide to running a football club.

What else do they have to do?

As far as I can see, it's down to BDO/FOH to write up the papers, and all the Liths have to do is sign them.

I think you seriously underestimate the mindset and business rationale of those involved in Lithuania and also need for lawyers on all sides to agree. So have a bit of patience and cautious optimism

In his interview on the 16th April Bryan Jackson said

"There's No definitive date but my best estimate would be that we'd get the SPA over the line before the end of the season, Hopefully, Hopefully By the end of April."

Tasavallan

Unfortunately they are involved in the paperwork too.

And likely as not the paperwork will need to be written in both languages. Translation of documents always takes time. It will be ready when it is ready.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Isn't all this (Apart from where the funds are to be paid which is, in reality, a fair simple task) included in the paperwork written up by BDO/FOH.

The asset release and the receipt of payment involves Lithuanian law.

The share purchase is under Scots law.

Tasavallan

The paperwork is not written up just by BDO/FOH. It will likely as not be written up by the lawyers on behalf of BDO/FOH and the lawyers on behalf of the administrators of UB and UBIG. To quote Henry VI "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers".

I think you seriously underestimate the mindset and business rationale of those involved in Lithuania and also need for lawyers on all sides to agree. So have a bit of patience and cautious optimism

Im both patient and optimistic, I know it will all be fine. It's the people that post every day "whys there no update????????" That need to settle down.

Heartsofgold

Im both patient and optimistic, I know it will all be fine. It's the people that post every day "whys there no update????????" That need to settle down.

I am optimistic, just do not have an ounce of patience!! I want this done and dusted now!! :furious3: :furious3:

I am optimistic, just do not have an ounce of patience!! I want this done and dusted now!! :furious3: :furious3:

As does everyone but there's nothing we as fans can do to speed it up, we just have to wait.

londonjambo

The paperwork is not written up just by BDO/FOH. It will likely as not be written up by the lawyers on behalf of BDO/FOH and the lawyers on behalf of the administrators of UB and UBIG. To quote Henry VI "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers".

That's twice now. You're right, though, we should just try and do all this without lawyers. Or maybe laws.

GC

The club are defo working close to the bone. That's one final call to arms by FOH in my opinion.

hughesie27

The club are defo working close to the bone. That's one final call to arms by FOH in my opinion.

I think it is a final empty threat. The SPA won't be completed yet, but they aren't saying that they have hit a stumbling block. They just want as much money in Hearts as possible.

Dr Ian Malcolm

A brief social media update the day before the game is hardly a "call to arms",

A reminder that a few extra on the gate would be a plus, but I highly doubt they're actually expecting a sell out.

Italian Lambretta

This would be better coming from the club. Telling FOH members to go to the game when they are more likely ST holders isn't going to help.

Foundation of Hearts ?@The_FOH 46s

UPDATE: Sale & Purchase Agreement (SPA) not yet done. Given it's already 2nd week of May selling out Tynecastle on Wed would really help.

hughesie27

This would be better coming from the club. Telling FOH members to go to the game when they are more likely ST holders isn't going to help.

Yep, FOH also have more pledgers than followers on Twitter.

Fxxx the SPFL

Foundation of Hearts ?@The_FOH 46s

UPDATE: Sale & Purchase Agreement (SPA) not yet done. Given it's already 2nd week of May selling out Tynecastle on Wed would really help.

FoH pledges may have reduced recently since it was announced that the deal is in it's final throws. If people have cancelled for good reasons i.e. financial fair enough but this for the life/long haul. I hope this is not the case.

hughesie27

FoH pledges may have reduced recently since it was announced that the deal is in it's final throws. If people have cancelled for good reasons i.e. financial fair enough but this for the life/long haul. I hope this is not the case.

Seems like a logical conclusion to draw from that tweet...

nice feed to give the H1b5 trolls. you will be a hero to them now :afro:

WeeToonJambo

I don't read that into it at all. We all know we have a short term cashflow problem until everything is signed and sealed and that tweet is just a reminder that we need to keep on turning up in numbers, particularly as this game gives us our last meaningful income until the season tickets go on sale. As someone else has said you will now be a hero to the hobo trolls and might just end up on Sergey's christmas card list.

Fxxx the SPFL

nice feed to give the H1b5 trolls. you will be a hero to them now :afro:

It will give them the last straw to clutch onto and then dissappoint them again. FWIW I'm sure it's not the case and would like to think that we would hit 10k at some point the more pledges the healthier the club would be.

FoH more than likely pushing this as a hurry up to the guys in Lithuania.I reckon things will be sorted out by the end of the week.post-925-0-19523800-1399391494_thumb.jpg

Francis Albert

Since the pledge money isn't (yet) being used for short term cash injection to the club I fail to see how that can be inferred from the FoH tweat.

Getintaethem

Like the creditors meeting, this may take longer than anticipated. There are still good fund raising initiatives going on and hopefully a good crowd tomorrow night to bolster the coffers. I just think it might be a fortnight or longer before things really start moving.

Sometimes it seems people read things into statements rather than just taking them at face value.

A plea for fans to attend the final home match is not surprising, we have not yet put the season tickets on sale so funds would be tight anyway even without our financial issues.

There is no indication of a slow down in pledges despite totally unwarranted words to that effect earlier in this thread.

Things are moving forward behind the scenes, the agreement is getting closer and then a management agreement can be signed leading to the full completion of the deal.....this is a multi million ? deal involving courts in 2 countries (with 3 sets of administrators) and it will take time but it is moving forward and I'm afraid the timescales are frustrating but cannot be shortened.....and are still on target for those previousy given.

I'm confident we will hear news shortly and by the end of this month we will have control in some form or other with BIDCO.

Jambof3tornado

sorry but wheres the evidence to back up the pledges may have reduced claim? They may also have increased.

weekend offender

In the meantime watch the video and pledge if you haven't.

http://youtu.be/Ipd0vSGnssM

In the vid @1.31-1.35 young Kyle Wood the wee jambo that died in his sleep,so sad when he just pops up in vids by surprise.Gotta go got something in my eye

chuck berrys hairline

That's a great video, very nicely put together even the slo-mo's!! Why do I let out a wicked smile when I see that scamp vlad.

adayinmay

In the vid @1.31-1.35 young Kyle Wood the wee jambo that died in his sleep,so sad when he just pops up in vids by surprise.Gotta go got something in my eye

Very sad. Makes it even more poignant and gives more reason for FoH to succeed.

This week there will be further good news :pleased:

It's on its way :party:

Keep the faith

soonbe110

Keep the faith

Ok, nearly 7 hours since you posted and no-one has asked what's coming, no requests for PMs , must all be trying to get onto wee team.net. Can you divulge what you have heard?

John Frum

A plea for fans to attend the final home match is not surprising, we have not yet put the season tickets on sale so funds would be tight anyway even without our financial issues.

There is no indication of a slow down in pledges despite totally unwarranted words to that effect earlier in this thread.

Agree completely.

A tweet from foh encouraging fans to attend the final home game of the season.

Compare that to the Hibernian fc panic & discounting / special offers to get more than a handful of their supporters in the door, never mind buying season tickets.

Doesn't seem worrying to me.

Pans Jambo

Keep the faith

Oh aye? Spill then!

hughesie27

I t was already mentioned on the thread that a lot of people had heard that Budge would assume control on Thursday or Friday. Perhaps the SPA will have been finalised.

Mr Sifter

Woah who done that?

Never seen that before. Absolutely brilliant.

post-25452-0-14943400-1399453053_thumb.jpg

Dallas Green

:sob:

i wish jj was my dad

Wonderful vid.

We won't ever forget this season.

Jambo Hoggie

What an excellent video, got a tear in my eye watching that.

Dagger Is Back

I don't think it's going to sink in exactly what we've done until everything has been delivered and we're standing watching the first game of next season.

Make no mistake, this is the stuff of movies. There's a massive story here and we've all played our part in it.

scottish_chicP

Probably shouldn't have watched that video at work in an open plan office :44:

Archived