2014 Formula 1 Season Thread

Prince Buaben

This will be a huge blow to Hamilton, if he can't turn this round in the race nico has all the momentum. Tho Lewis is the most talented he lacks the calm steel of a Schumacher or alonso when it's needed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gavsy Van Gaverson

This will be a huge blow to Hamilton, if he can't turn this round in the race nico has all the momentum. Tho Lewis is the most talented he lacks the calm steel of a Schumacher or alonso when it's needed!!

I think there could possibly be a number of overtakes between the two today. Plenty opportunities in the DRS sections on the long straights.

I think there could possibly be a number of overtakes between the two today. Plenty opportunities in the DRS sections on the long straights.

Yep, it isn't a circuit where pole is essential in any way.

As a warm up I decided to watch some of the BTCC on ITV4 as I enjoy a good crash. Boring not a single big crash and hardly any overtaking.

However it is currently Ginetta junior racing. 14-17 year olds in powerful rear wheel drive 2 seater sports cars. Utter carnage, it's great.

both mercs with the same problem

Yep, they both have a driver who is paranoid about his team mate!

Title all but over!!

No way. Remember there is still the double points nonsense to happen later in the season.

I know, but unless rosberg has atleast one DNF, it's gonna be almost impossible to catch him. The pressure is on Hamilton now!!

I know, but unless rosberg has atleast one DNF, it's gonna be almost impossible to catch him. The pressure is on Hamilton now!!

You mean like Hamilton had a DNF today? Anything can happen, a long way to go. Though I will concede Rosberg seems more gentle on his car, the commentators love to call Hamilton "the last of the late brakers" so maybe no coincidence he lost his brakes first.

He had the same problem at maclaren, more car issues than his team mate. He's defo hard on a car, I can see merc going for team orders soon!!

He had the same problem at maclaren, more car issues than his team mate. He's defo hard on a car, I can see merc going for team orders soon!!

No chance of team orders. They're miles ahead.

Title has a long way to go.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Hamilton could easily win the next 3 races and wipe out Rosberg 's lead.

I'm sure Rosberg will have a DNF at some point too. I think it will go all the way.

Perez and Chilton have been given 5 place grid penalties for the crashes.

I've not really seen replay's of the Perez and Massa incident but I though Massa was to blame.

I take it Perez moved over on him?

I've not really seen replay's of the Perez and Massa incident but I though Massa was to blame.

that was my view, i thought if you were blaming anyone it would be massa

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/27758096 yep he moved according to the stewards, also both cars measured 27G in the crash, yes twenty seven G

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/27758096 yep he moved according to the stewards, also both cars measured 27G in the crash, yes twenty seven G

To me he was Perez was looking to close the door but didn't realise Massa was there.

Little in it imo.

I only got 27 points in the predictor ffs. :laugh:

Had a shocker in the predictor this week. Massa's crash and Hamilton's DNF really screwed me bad.

It looked to me like Rosberg clipping Hamilton as Lewis was passing that caused Lewis's issues. From the footage the rear right tyre was getting shredded by the floor of the car (massive discolouration/stripping of the rubber on the inside 3rd of the tire), not surprised it wasn't noticed on the BBC commentary though Coulthard's co-commentator (Ben Edwards?) is absolutely useless.

To me he was Perez was looking to close the door but didn't realise Massa was there.

Little in it imo.

I only got 27 points in the predictor ffs. :laugh:

The problem is he made a second move in the breaking zone, Massa made the move expecting him to follow the rules and follow the line into the turn Perez had already chosen.

only 16 points due to massa perez crash, would have been closer to 40-50 if they hadn;t crashed

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Massa on pole. When did he last do that?

First in 6 years according to the BBC.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Massa on pole. When did he last do that?

First in 6 years according to the BBC.

I'm glad - I like Massa, and it would be nice to see him on the top step again.

Williams have really stepped up their game this year, and the future looks bright for Bottas.

I'm glad - I like Massa, and it would be nice to see him on the top step again.

Williams have really stepped up their game this year, and the future looks bright for Bottas.

Agreed, Massa and Williams deserve this. Couldn't be happier for them.

Although it was a great drive from Hamilton, I think it's just not gonna be his year. Really needs a rosberg breakdown!!

My Left Nut

Think Williams were a bit slow to react on the pit stops allowing Merc the undercut, although it probably wouldn't have mattered in the end. Not sure why Hamiltons pit stops are a lot slower than Rosbergs either, not over yet and I think Rosberg will get a DNF at some point but Hamilton needs to start winning!

My Left Nut

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/

Changing the Safety car rules.

This is completely bonkers! How long will it take to get them all lined up again, all the gear out the garages? They would need to do away with the 2 hour rule would they not?

Prince Buaben

This is completely bonkers! How long will it take to get them all lined up again, all the gear out the garages? They would need to do away with the 2 hour rule would they not?

My Interpretation of it is that the Safety Car controls the field like normal then when the safety car is about to come in it lines them up on the grid then the lights will go out again for the re start.

My Left Nut

My Interpretation of it is that the Safety Car controls the field like normal then when the safety car is about to come in it lines them up on the grid then the lights will go out again for the re start.

Ahhh, that makes more sense! I guess the standing start is more entertaining.

thats the way i read it, the one big thing i dont like though is through no fault of your own you could be leading the race by say 30s then a safety car comes out you lose that massive advantage and now would have a greater chance of losing the race if you get a poor restart which is more likely from a standing start

Gorgie_Rules

Although it was a great drive from Hamilton, I think it's just not gonna be his year. Really needs a rosberg breakdown!!

Long way to go yet, Lewis just needs to keep the head, hes undoubtedly one of the fastest drivers and is in the fastest car by far. Its really unfortunate he has had 4 wins to Nicos 3 yet finds himself a good bit behind.

If all goes to form from the season so far (with car issues ironed out) Lewis will catch Nico by the double points race. 16 points to be gained in Abu Dhabi if win (with Nico at worst 2nd). That means 3 more wins to Lewis (again with Nico at worst 2nd) and hes in a with a chance of the championship. As bad an idea as double points is, it looks like it could be in Lewis' favour, and would certainly make up for the rotten luck he had in Australia and Canada.

A better result over Nico in Britain next week and Germany fortnight after would put Lewis back on top psychologically

Archived