2014 Formula 1 Season Thread

Prince Buaben

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prince Buaben

Bianchi was not conscious when he was taken to hospital. He wasn't airlifted due to the weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The diggers used are a good idea, but always seem to be lethal when used in japan. Brundle took out a marshall in the same place in 94 due a digger being out. He missed that by mm's.

The helicopter was able to fly but they chose to take him by ambulance.

Is that a good sign?

Is that a good sign?

Tough to say - possible miscommunication?

Is that a good sign?

Brundle was saying if it's a head injury they might not want to use the helicopter due to the pressure. No one knows though.

Prince Buaben

Ericsson going rt'ing all the congrats and jokes on Twitter. Was getting a bit stick for it. He has just apologised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Future's Maroon

Not seen or heard anything since watching the race (live) this morning, when the TV are not showing any replays of what happened to me makes it sound a really really bad one.

Hopefully he recovers.

Bianchi's father has said he is being operated on and we'll know more in the next 24 hours.

The rear of the digger is a solid metal counter weight, I would doubt it would even have marked the machine, your right very sobering, hope he recovers

jamboinglasgow

The scariest thing is the damage to the top of the car, especially the roll hoop, very sobering image.

seeing the damage being below the level of the top of his helmet it makes you realises that he would have taken a huge impact on his head. Horrible, horrible accident.

seeing the damage being below the level of the top of his helmet it makes you realises that he would have taken a huge impact on his head. Horrible, horrible accident.

When you look at the image it is looks like the left hand side of the car went under the tractor and ripped the roll hoop, air intake etc clean off and Bianchi sustained damage to the left side of his head. Very lucky it wasn't full on as I think he would not have survived that.

The only options they have to prevent this again is use static cranes or deploy the safety car all the time.

You could say the safety car should have been deployed as soon as Sutil went off. The FIA are inconsistent when it comes to safety cars. Just my view, all that matters is that he pulls through.

Apparently taken a turn for the worse - horrible , hope to god he pulls through

The problem will be his body being in shock. Ronnie Peterson seemed fine in hospital after the crash that killed him then he has massive cardiac failure due to shock.

Let's hope the lad recovers from this soon.

EDIT.

Apparently taken a turn for the worse - horrible , hope to god he pulls through

Where are you hearing/reading this? Sincerely hope it's not true.

kingantti1874

Where are you hearing/reading this? Sincerely hope it's not true.

Thread on autosport forums mate..

kingantti1874

The problem will be his body being in shock. Ronnie Peterson seemed fine in hospital after the crash that killed him then he has massive cardiac failure due to shock.

Let's hope the lad recovers from this soon.

EDIT.

Apparently "and I use that word cautiously" bleeding in brain again.. :(

one of the reports i saw said the impact was around 50G, that is huge

jamboinglasgow

When you look at the image it is looks like the left hand side of the car went under the tractor and ripped the roll hoop, air intake etc clean off and Bianchi sustained damage to the left side of his head. Very lucky it wasn't full on as I think he would not have survived that.

The only options they have to prevent this again is use static cranes or deploy the safety car all the time.

You could say the safety car should have been deployed as soon as Sutil went off. The FIA are inconsistent when it comes to safety cars. Just my view, all that matters is that he pulls through.

I think they could have deployed the safety car but it only happened 1 lap after the previous crash at the exact spot so could have been seen as a freak accident where all the worst circumstances happened at once, heavy rain suddenly making conditions a lot worse, a crash on a bad corner, a recovery vehicle trying to move the car. Lessons need to be learnt, from safety car deployment, to how quickly to stop a race for bad weather, to how best to recover cars. But at the moment the most important thing is that Bianchi pulls through.

I've just saw someones Vine of the crash.

The crane actually lifts up.

I take my hat off to the marshals. Brave people indeed.

Just seen it myself - holy shit. That is a massive shunt at such high speed.

I wouldn't recommend watching the clip - it's brutal.

just saw the video, brutal and awful

just saw the video, brutal and awful

Just seen that just now, left a horrible feeling in my stomach, wish I never watched it.

Just seen that just now, left a horrible feeling in my stomach, wish I never watched it.

The fact that he even has a chance of surviving that just shows how advanced strength of F1 cars are. 15 years ago, he wouldn't have any chance.

The fact that he even has a chance of surviving that just shows how advanced strength of F1 cars are. 15 years ago, he wouldn't have any chance.

Very true. If the tractor was any further back then he would not have survived. The fact that he is still alive is a miracle!

Reading the latest press release, Bianchi suiffered a diffuse axonal injury. Really serious injury http://en.wikipedia...._axonal_injury.

It looks like the deceleration was the main cause, which for those who have seen the footage would explain a lot.

Would be interesting to know if there was damage to the HANS device or if it was intact.

Link to the press release... http://www.marussiaf....com/news/1035/

Inspector Rex

132 points in the predictor and up to 1st. Missed the first week too.

:verysmug:

I forgot to put mine in and ended up with 142 :arry:

So I noticed, thankfully.

I could see him maybe going back for 2016. I think Alonso and JB will be at McLaren for next year and maybe JB retiring at the end of the 2015 season.

I could see him maybe going back for 2016. I think Alonso and JB will be at McLaren for next year and maybe JB retiring at the end of the 2015 season.

Id be surprised if Button was there next year - he's been coasting and meandering for years.

If Mercedes are getting rid of anyone, it's not Hamilton.

hasn't rosberg already signed up for next year while hamilton has still to negotiate for next year?

Id be surprised if Button was there next year - he's been coasting and meandering for years.

Harsh. He perforns consitently the same if not better than his boy wonder team mates. McLarens car is the problem, Button has never been a total speed demon.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

He's easily outscoring his younger team mate again this season.

Button has been better this season than KMag, I would also think with a new engine supplier they would want experienced drivers.

Archived