2014 Formula 1 Season Thread

Prince Buaben

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gavsy Van Gaverson

99 points. Predicted the Top 5 correctly.

Up to 5th despite missing a weeks predictions :smug:

Thinking about this double points thing for the last race and some other considerations in a two horse race....

Under the old 10pts for a win 6pts for second system Hamilton would be on 30 with Rosberg on 28. The current system has Rosberg 4 points ahead. So Hamilton's DNF in Australia has been costly.

I was imagining a scenario where Hamilton keeps on winning and extends a decent lead on Rosberg, only to not finish for whatever reason in the last race and Rosberg picks up 50pts to win the championship. I thought at first double points might be fun but I can see now that it's baws.

Thinking about this double points thing for the last race and some other considerations in a two horse race....

Under the old 10pts for a win 6pts for second system Hamilton would be on 30 with Rosberg on 28. The current system has Rosberg 4 points ahead. So Hamilton's DNF in Australia has been costly.

I was imagining a scenario where Hamilton keeps on winning and extends a decent lead on Rosberg, only to not finish for whatever reason in the last race and Rosberg picks up 50pts to win the championship. I thought at first double points might be fun but I can see now that it's baws.

I also think that the current system is baws as well. We shouldn't have a driver that's won 3 out of 4 races not in the lead of the championship just because of 1 DNF.

Spanish GP this weekend. Remember to make your predictions tonight/before tomorrow's qualifying.

My money is on Hamilton again, can't see anyone catching him.

:shitwine:

Hamilton takes pole.

What a thoroughly dull and predictable season this has been.

GP predictor has been updated.

Still top (increased my lead). I've also gone up 322 places in the global rankings to 765.

Jack Brabham has died :(

Sad news.

Chris Evans done a wee tribute on his show this morning.

Rosberg on Pole, hamilton appears not to be happy about the yellow flag caused by rosberg making a mistake and having to park it. sky team some are hinting they think it was sort of deliberate

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Rosberg on Pole, hamilton appears not to be happy about the yellow flag caused by rosberg making a mistake and having to park it. sky team some are hinting they think it was sort of deliberate

I think it was a genuine mistake but Hamilton i right to be annoyed. I thought he'd nick it on his final run.

My Left Nut

Looking forward to turn 1 carnage!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I know the drivers say this is a race they all want to win but it is dull as ****. Unbelievably boring.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Rosberg and Hamilton had a Prost/Senna moment before the end of this race.

Hamilton is slowly but surely turning into Nigel Mansell. Undoubtedly fast but every race is a series of moans, whinges and excuses.

Hamilton is slowly but surely turning into Nigel Mansell. Undoubtedly fast but every race is a series of moans, whinges and excuses.

I don't think it is slow - he has been a whinger for some time, and can't seem to handle it when things don't go his way.

Undoubtedly a great driver, but a complete bell-end.

I thought Nico and Lewis were long term buddies as well. They can't even look each other in the eye (and not just because of Hamilton's bad vision).

Sooperstar

What a waste of time the Monaco GP is. All looks lovely and that, but it's ******* boring.

The most interesting thing that has happened was when Kimi had to retire from the race a few years back and just went straight to his yacht still wearing his racing suit and helmet.

Interesting snippet on the commentary that apparently Hamilton used a power setting he wasn't supposed to keep ahead of Rosberg in Spain. Just one little sentence among many about the qualifying issue and the implied cheating in Monaco.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

What a waste of time the Monaco GP is. All looks lovely and that, but it's ******* boring.

The most interesting thing that has happened was when Kimi had to retire from the race a few years back and just went straight to his yacht still wearing his racing suit and helmet.

Agreed. I enjoy watching all races except for this one. Brutally boring to watch.

Guest GhostHunter

Shit - Hamilton pulling no punches in that interview on Sky...

"We're Not Friends".

Interesting snippet on the commentary that apparently Hamilton used a power setting he wasn't supposed to keep ahead of Rosberg in Spain. Just one little sentence among many about the qualifying issue and the implied cheating in Monaco.

Niki Lauda said so to Martin Brundle on the grid.

kingantti1874

To be fair Hamilton has used significantly less fuel in every race so far - why shouldn't he turn up the wick and get the benefit of that...? I do like to watch the guy drive - he is the fastest on the grid but man he is a pain in the arse... Saying that... Nico tool the piss parking the car in quali... Why the feck did he reverse back towards the track... Deliberate no doubt about it

To be fair Hamilton has used significantly less fuel in every race so far - why shouldn't he turn up the wick and get the benefit of that...? I do like to watch the guy drive - he is the fastest on the grid but man he is a pain in the arse... Saying that... Nico tool the piss parking the car in quali... Why the feck did he reverse back towards the track... Deliberate no doubt about it

I like watching Hamilton but I don't think he's the fastest on the grid. I'd say Raikkonen.

I don't think it was deliberate by Rosberg in qualifying either.

1 thing is the 2 Mercedes drivers don't like each other anymore.

kingantti1874

I love Kimi - but he isn't even the fastest at Ferrari!! Re nico Ok if you want to ignore the strange sawing at the wheel and the completely different line into that corner then maybe you could say it wasn't deliberate - but then why did he reverse back towards the track mate? No logical explanation for that.

I love Kimi - but he isn't even the fastest at Ferrari!! Re nico Ok if you want to ignore the strange sawing at the wheel and the completely different line into that corner then maybe you could say it wasn't deliberate - but then why did he reverse back towards the track mate? No logical explanation for that.

I just didn't think anything of it when it happened.

We'll probably never know.

Hamilton is far too precious and clearly worried that his golden-boy status at Mercedes is under threat by his team mate. His behaviour is the sort of thing Seb Vettel (rightfully) got slaughtered for.

My Left Nut

Hamilton and Alonso for me are the fastest, The Nico incident in Quali, well all I have to say is why put the car into reverse??

19 points!! 19!! I fecking hate Monaco!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Hamilton is far too precious and clearly worried that his golden-boy status at Mercedes is under threat by his team mate. His behaviour is the sort of thing Seb Vettel (rightfully) got slaughtered for.

Hardly. Rosberg has beaten him once in the 5 races they've both finished - which happened to be at Rosberg's best track and in dubious circumstances.

It is Hamilton's non finish in the first race that has kept Rosberg close or ahead of Hamilton, not Rosberg doing better than him.

Hamilton loves Canada (the next race) and I predict he'll win that race fairly comfortably.

• 2 weeks later...
Gavsy Van Gaverson

Hardly. Rosberg has beaten him once in the 5 races they've both finished - which happened to be at Rosberg's best track and in dubious circumstances.

It is Hamilton's non finish in the first race that has kept Rosberg close or ahead of Hamilton, not Rosberg doing better than him.

Hamilton loves Canada (the next race) and I predict he'll win that race fairly comfortably.

Looks like I couldn't have been more wrong.

Impressive lap from Nico but I still think Lewis would have taken pole if he didn't lock up in the middle sector on his final run. The margins are very fine at the moment.

Archived