2014 Formula 1 Season Thread

Prince Buaben

Prince Buaben

The Calender for 2014 has been announced with New Jersey, Mexico and South Korea not making the cut.

Full 19 race schedule

Full 2014 F1 schedule:

16 March Australia (Melbourne)

30 March Malaysia (Sepang)

6 April Bahrain (Sakhir)

20 April China (Shanghai)

11 May Spain (Barcelona)

25 May Monaco (Monte Carlo)

8 June Canada (Montreal)

22 June Austria (Red Bull Ring)

6 July Britain (Silverstone)

20 July Germany (Hockenheim)

27 July Hungary (Budapest)

24 August Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)

7 September Italy (Monza)

21 September Singapore (Marina Bay)

5 October Japan (Suzuka)

12 October Russia (Sochi)

2 November USA (Austin)

9 November Brazil (Sao Paulo)

23 November Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prince Buaben

Drives for Next season

Red Bull: Sebastian Vettel & Daniel Riccardo

Ferrari: Fernando Alsonso & Kimi Raikkonien

Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton & Nico Rosberg

Lotus: Roman Grosjean & Pastor Maldanado

McLaren: Jenson Button & Kevin Magnusson

Force India: Nico Hulkenburg & TBA

Toro Rosso: Jean-Eric Vergne & Daniel Kyvat

Sauber: Sergey Sirotken & TBA

Williams: Fellipe Massa & Vallteri Bottas

Caterham: TBA & TBA

Mariussa: Jules Bianchi & TBA

No room for di Resta by the sounds of things.

Too inconsistent, and no financial backing, so I'm not surprised.

No room for di Resta by the sounds of things.

Too inconsistent, and no financial backing, so I'm not surprised.

I think he's 1 of the most consistent on the grid.

His lack of backing is his problem. Plus he doesn't seem too popular within the team.

kingantti1874

I think he's 1 of the most consistent on the grid.

His lack of backing is his problem. Plus he doesn't seem too popular within the team.

He's not quick enough, you either have to bring speed or money.. He brings neither, when you see that Hulk was struggling for a drive it says it all

He's not quick enough, you either have to bring speed or money.. He brings neither, when you see that Hulk was struggling for a drive it says it all

He's quick enough. Its his lack of money which is holding him back.

He hasn't got that "extra" turn of speed though. He's another DC or Barrichello or Heidfeld. Good but not brilliant.

kingantti1874

He's quick enough. Its his lack of money which is holding him back.

He hasn't got that "extra" turn of speed though. He's another DC or Barrichello or Heidfeld. Good but not brilliant.

That's what I mean mate, he's a good driver.. But there are plenty of them around, if you can't bring money then you need something extra which I don't think he has

kingantti1874

Double points in the last race of the season. (Drivers and Constructors) ?

Sky Sports News ?@SkySportsNews2m

Double Points to be awarded in final race of Formula One season from 2014

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25310466#TWEET979746

Beat me to it..

:cornette:

Absolutely ridiculous thing to do.. More power, less aero and fix the frigging tyres to drivers can drive the arse of it lap after lap... This cheapens the championship

If they want to improve f1 I have a crazy idea.

Start letting the drivers race. Tyres that work and got some power back in the cars.

The Mighty Thor

F1 is still a great spectacle but as a competitive sport it's finished.

A procession week in week out with 'overtaking' done in the pits.

This latest idea is a desperate attempt to try to make it remotely interesting

kingantti1874

F1 is still a great spectacle but as a competitive sport it's finished.

A procession week in week out with 'overtaking' done in the pits.

This latest idea is a desperate attempt to try to make it remotely interesting

I'm not sure I agree with all of that, the problem is the current regulations allow for too big a variance in performance, f1 will always be a manufacturer series but the cars need to be close enough to allow the driver to make a difference, I think the 3or 4 years previous to this one have been OK but yes, changing the last race to double points is utterly ludicrous

I'm not sure I agree with all of that, the problem is the current regulations allow for too big a variance in performance, f1 will always be a manufacturer series but the cars need to be close enough to allow the driver to make a difference, I think the 3or 4 years previous to this one have been OK but yes, changing the last race to double points is utterly ludicrous

If they offered bonus points for "Classic" races, like Monaco, Suzuka, Silverstone, Monza, much like the majors in golf, would be more suitable. Rather than putting all the eggs in one basket at the soulless Abu Dhabi track, and even then, the championship might all be over by the time it comes to the final race, even with double points. Fail

Prince Buaben

Chance of Di Resta going to Sauber? Maybe a slim chance but hopefully he gets the drive.

Id imagine Gutierrez backing will get him that seat.

That's Perez officially announced as a Force India driver now.

McLaren reject welcomed into a team whose car has been brought on by 2 decent drivers.

Money talks.

I doubt either di Resta or Sutil will be in F1 next season. Unless Sauber and Caterham don't need cash.

kingantti1874

McLaren reject welcomed into a team whose car has been brought on by 2 decent drivers.

Money talks.

I doubt either di Resta or Sutil will be in F1 next season. Unless Sauber and Caterham don't need cash.

To be fair hulkenberg and perez are both better than Di resta, sutil is decent, nothing more.. Given pure also brings the potential for Mexican sponsors it a bit if a no brainer

To be fair hulkenberg and perez are both better than Di resta, sutil is decent, nothing more.. Given pure also brings the potential for Mexican sponsors it a bit if a no brainer

I'll give you Hulkenburg but not Perez. He's no better than either Sutil or di Resta. No worse either mind you.

I understand the reasons but if I was a principal I'd be asking questions as to why McLaren dropped him.

kingantti1874

I'll give you Hulkenburg but not Perez. He's no better than either Sutil or di Resta. No worse either mind you.

I understand the reasons but if I was a principal I'd be asking questions as to why McLaren dropped him.

I think its because they were targeting telmex as title sponsor.. Appears that ain't going to happen so no point in keeping an average driver... Saying that button is also very average..

I think its because they were targeting telmex as title sponsor.. Appears that ain't going to happen so no point in keeping an average driver... Saying that button is also very average..

Button has a WC to his name though.

i do agree though.

kingantti1874

Button has a WC to his name though.

i do agree though.

Of course, you can't take it away from him but every driver on the grid would have won it in 09.. Not sure why McLaren keep him around.. Would ha e gone for Hulk myself

I think Perez is a decent driver - I don't think his podiums in 2012 were flukes. I wouldn't say PDR is that great, but he deserves to be on the grid ahead of some others that have seats.

Of course, you can't take it away from him but every driver on the grid would have won it in 09.. Not sure why McLaren keep him around.. Would ha e gone for Hulk myself

Probably keep him due to the WC plus he is a smooth driver.

I don't think Hulkenburg is better than him. Time will tell if he is though.

And the drivers are starting to apply for their numbers.

Bottas has gone for number 77 as in Bo77as. Classy.

I'd have to apply for 27 as a tribute to Gilles Villeneuve. Or 74 of course.

And the drivers are starting to apply for their numbers.

Bottas has gone for number 77 as in Bo77as. Classy.

I'd have to apply for 27 as a tribute to Gilles Villeneuve. Or 74 of course.

How does it work in regards to who gets what number? Say 5 drivers apply for number 1?

How does it work in regards to who gets what number? Say 5 drivers apply for number 1?

I think 1 is being reserved in case the champion wants it. Priority is given to the driver with the highest placing last season.

kingantti1874

Good to see red bull being stripped bare, already 2 heads of aero of to mclaren, now another 2 top of their top boys to merc and another guy off to Williams.

I'm hearing michael Schumacher has serious head injuries after a skiing accident.

Hope its not too bad.

Some bad rumours flying about atm.

Hopefully thats all it is. Rumours.

ssn twitter is reporting he is in critical condition

I've just seen a piece of news that says he is in a critical condition and fighting for his life.

How bloody sad that all of those years in F1 and he has his worst crash skiing with his kids.

I hope its no news is good news.

In that case it isn't good news that it has just been reported by the BBC that he is officially in a critical condition.

Archived