2014 Formula 1 Season Thread

Prince Buaben

I've just been looking at the changes in more detail. The new noses are about six inches off the tarmac. That should be fun the first time someone goes over a high kerb.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just been looking at the changes in more detail. The new noses are about six inches off the tarmac. That should be fun the first time someone goes over a high kerb.

Since the noses are so low to the ground what are the chances that if rear ended one car ends up on top of the other?

Prince Buaben

Since the noses are so low to the ground what are the chances that if rear ended one car ends up on top of the other?

There was an article on the BBC with Adrian Newey saying that similar thoughts had crossed his mind aswell.

There was an article on the BBC with Adrian Newey saying that similar thoughts had crossed his mind aswell.

No doubt there will be the odd Lotus rear ending somebody this season so we shall find out at some point!

RustyRightPeg

I'm excited by the prospects this season has. Plenty things that could go wrong for every team, makes for great viewing IMO :2thumbsup:

Looking bad for the Renault team :thumbsup:

Apparently the engine's have to be finalised by the 28th.

They've only got 1 week to get it sorted... or there goes Red Bull, Toro Rosso, Lotus and Caterham's season.

Would not want to be a Renault engineer right now.

kingantti1874

Apparently the engine's have to be finalised by the 28th.

They've only got 1 week to get it sorted... or there goes Red Bull, Toro Rosso, Lotus and Caterham's season.

Would not want to be a Renault engineer right now.

They will get dispensation for reliability fixes.

They will get dispensation for reliability fixes.

Yes, but any reliability fixes have to be peer-reviewed by the other teams/engine manufacturers.

Don't think Renault will be too keen to let their competitors have a look under the hood like that.

kingantti1874

Yes, but any reliability fixes have to be peer-reviewed by the other teams/engine manufacturers.

Don't think Renault will be too keen to let their competitors have a look under the hood like that.

They won't have a choice, they won't finish a race if they don't... That PU is a disaster, teams like cater ham are running 150bhp down... Looks like Mercedes v mclaren to me... Great stuff... Ferrari PU looks good also but they have yet to show their hand

Merc have the best, most reliable power unit at the moment. I think McLaren have something special with their mushroom exhaust and whatever you want to call what they have at the rear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ferrari just seem to be quietly getting on with it with little going wrong. I've got a feeling they might be thinking (correctly IMO) that reliability will trump speed at the start of the season.

kingantti1874

I really like the sound, by all accounts not as loud but the turbo spooling is cracking, will be loud enough with 20 cars on track...

Also like the way that downforce is significantly reduced and torque significantly up, Saw a great vid of the Ferrari and it looked like it was on ice, Kimi driving sideways... Probably won't last but should make for some early season entertainment

Apparently Renault are asking for a 2 month extension to the engine deadline... and just the other day they were saying they were fine with it.

Can't see the other teams agreeing to it. Why should they? Merc and Ferrari got their engines ready in time.

kingantti1874

Apparently Renault are asking for a 2 month extension to the engine deadline... and just the other day they were saying they were fine with it.

Can't see the other teams agreeing to it. Why should they? Merc and Ferrari got their engines ready in time.

Spot on... Apparently they have been told to bolt

My Left Nut

What is the code for joining the league?

8eab863c9dd18847b3677cc808941650

It's at the end of the URL.

rossthejambo

Count me in again. Hopefully I'll remember to make my predictions on time this year.

Rudi Skacel

first practise gets underway in just 4 hours. Might stay up and watch a little bit of it. Wont be like the normal practise sessions as teams will want to run as much as possible, especially Red Bull and Lotus.

Rudi Skacel

You can hear the tyres squealing under braking if the driver locks up. Sounds quite incredible watching an F1 car.

Inspector Rex

Just signed up, mainly because towards the end of last season I got sick of sorting through a bunch of prediction league posts after every race. :laugh:

The first few races on the predictor are going to be a lottery I reckon. Good chance for someone to get lucky with a few wayward guesses and build up a lead.

The first few races on the predictor are going to be a lottery I reckon. Good chance for someone to get lucky with a few wayward guesses and build up a lead.

Provided they don't get into a crash, I can't see past a Mercedes 1-2 in qualifying and race for the first few races.

rossthejambo

That's pretty much my plan for the first race, apart from a Hamilton-Rosberg 1-2.

Anyone having a bet for World Champion?

Think Rosberg will win it for some reason. Hamilton will be big favourite I'd guess but think Rosberg being a bit of a safer driver might see him finish more races.

Rudi Skacel

everyone done their predictions? Practise is at 5am or something stupid so tonight is last night for them

My Left Nut

Done my predictions but I feel this one could be a lottery, just going for Mercedes power over the others for this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ron Swanson

Reckon the start could be hilarious on Sunday. Apparently they are even trickier to get off the line and the Renault power units are the worst of the lot....if they make it to the grid that is.

Can't wait

The Mighty Thor

Renault to miraculously sort their problems out by the 2nd or 3rd race and vettel to win the title long before wee bernies double or triple points gimmick come into play

Archived