2014 Formula 1 Season Thread

Prince Buaben

Guest GhostHunter

I've read the interviews and I think the shit is about to hit the fan.

It was a nothing more than a racing incident.

This was supposed to have to taken place at the crisis meeting Toto Wolff called for 1645....

If it's true, and he did deliberately him Hamilton, then it's not a racing incident, but the shit will still hit the fan.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was supposed to have to taken place at the crisis meeting Toto Wolff called for 1645....

If it's true, and he did deliberately him Hamilton, then it's not a racing incident, but the shit will still hit the fan.

I think Rosbergs saving grace is the fact Hamilton has said "Nico basically admitted to doing it deliberately"

The word 'basically' doesn't mean it was said.

The fact Toto Wolff has said what he said though means they are 100% behind Hamilton on this.

I wonder if Mercedes might punish Rosberg by suspending him for a race or two. It wont do Mercedes any harm championship wise but it would hurt Rosberg and his championship chances which at the moment look pretty good.

?IWe just had a meeting about it and he basically said he did it on purpose,? said Hamilton. ?He said he did it on purpose ? he said he could have avoided it. He said ?I did it to prove a point.? He basically said I did it to prove a point. You don?t have to just rely on me, go and ask Toto about it and those guys, who were not happy with him as well.?

Anyone else read it and notice the repeated phrases and sentences and imagine it being said in the manner of an angry petulant teenager?

kingantti1874

Rosberg should get a race ban for that... Absolute disgrace - turned into him twice..

Anyone still think Monaco accidental? Pffft

I did at the time. I'm not so sure now.

Mercedes are making a horses erse of all this.

It should have been sorted in house, not via the media.

Rosberg should get a race ban for that... Absolute disgrace - turned into him twice..

Take off your Hamilton blinkers for once and stop being a drama queen.

kingantti1874

Take off your Hamilton blinkers for once and stop being a drama queen.

Nothing drama queen about it I'm afraid, the boy is bang out of order.

Imagine it was the other way around, Hamilton said he could have avoided it but didn't bother .. Or parked it up at Monaco ..

Nothing drama queen about it I'm afraid, the boy is bang out of order.

Imagine it was the other way around, Hamilton said he could have avoided it but didn't bother .. Or parked it up at Monaco ..

or how about running into the back of someone waiting for the green lights during a pit stop or wildly turning and almost taking out your team mate in canada.

Prince Buaben

To think they were best buddies once.

They were Neighbours.

Mercedes do need to watch though. Riccardo is edging closer to them and with the last race being for 50 for the win ythen they two havent got the title wrapped up too much.

Its like 2007 all over again Hamilton and his Team mate going hammer and tongs on and off the track with the drvier in 3rd just edging closer

or how about running into the back of someone waiting for the green lights during a pit stop or wildly turning and almost taking out your team mate in canada.

Or lying to the FIA.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Rosberg was in the wrong. Look at the first lap when Vettel attempted the exact same move but yielded because he didn't have the racing line. At no point was Rosberg ahead and he should have did the same as Vettel. It was all very amateurish from Rosberg.

He just isn't as aware of what is going on around him compared to an Alonso, Vettel and even Button.

Of course, And they aren't remotely similar, one was a shite attempt at a pass, one was a deliberate crash.

Rosberg hasn't openly admitted it was deliberate yet, as far as I'm aware.

Will make for a tasty end to the season, though. I'm personally hoping Ricciardo gazumps both of them.

Rosberg hasn't openly admitted it was deliberate yet, as far as I'm aware.

He hasn't.

I think most of what has been said has been taken out of context.

kingantti1874

Look at this 8b1c9b7a08e941c986172bbb4e7f6b92.jpg

2 car widths to his left - he's got full right lock turning into Hamilton .. It isn't even a debate

Look at this 8b1c9b7a08e941c986172bbb4e7f6b92.jpg

2 car widths to his left - he's got full right lock turning into Hamilton .. It isn't even a debate

He's turning right into a right hander.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

They are through the right hander in that photo. There is no way he should be turning right there at full lock as he didn't take the corner tight.

kingantti1874

:lol: of course he is. he doesn't have the corner .. He isn't entitled to take that line - it's either deliberate or he should go race stockies, he doesn't have the corner - even toto Wolff and lauda are raging at him and not a single recognised commentator or ex racer thinks he's within his rights.

You know this anyway, I know it and you know it

:lol: of course he is. he doesn't have the corner .. He isn't entitled to take that line - it's either deliberate or he should go race stockies, he doesn't have the corner - even toto Wolff and lauda are raging at him and not a single recognised commentator or ex racer thinks he's within his rights.

You know this anyway, I know it and you know it

There is nothing wrong with his line or his turning.

Its the fact Hamilton had the nerve to leave his car there. :lol:

I am late to this conversation and haven't read far enough back to check if you are just being contramacious or just at the wind up.He went for a take out move hoping he would get away with it with the intent to hamper Hamilton's chances in the championship . Nowadays the cars are so robust you can do that unlike in his dad's day. Churlish and childish in the extreme

kingantti1874

:lol: so you know better than the entire racing universe? Do me a favour..

I credited you with some knowledge of the sport previously :lol:

It's not stock car racing.. Hamilton is on the right hand side of a right hander, in taking the line for the next left hander Rosenberg would have to be alongside before you could even have a proper debate as to who was in the right or wrong.. Probably best to step back from the thread and preserve the last slither or credibility you have remaining mate :rofl:

It's not stock car racing.. Hamilton is on the right hand side of a right hander, in taking the line for the next left hander Rosenberg would have to be alongside before you could even have a proper debate as to who was in the right or wrong.. Probably best to step back from the thread and preserve the last slither or credibility you have remaining mate :rofl:

I'm joking.

Hamilton done nothing wrong. Rosberg just turned in a fraction too early.

A split second later and this conversation wouldn't be taking place. Or more to the point if Hamilton didn't get a puncture we wouldn't even remember this.

7873c3d597ed77b13ec52ad617e2c834.jpg

Prince Buaben

they have also put on hold talks with hamilton about a contract extension until the title has been decided

Back to McLaren? Or Maybe a Swap with Alonso.?

Remember your predictions for Italy.

The season is getting a bit easier to predict now as the teams are getting used to the technology.

And with that sentence I've just jinxed myself of course.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Rumours of 8 teams next season running 3 cars each.

I hope it's nonsense.

Considering that a US team is due to join in 2016 that will increase the number of teams I'd say it is 100% nonsense.

They are hardly going to tell 4 teams to bugger off :lol:

Sauber are about to be sold so they should be all right. From what I have read Lotus, Caterham and Marussia are all having financial problems. Be interesting to see how this develops, it has been mentioned before.

I personally hope it stays the way it is with Haas coming in for the 2016 season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived