2014 Formula 1 Season Thread

Prince Buaben

I just got an email saying I got 20 points this week when I didn't give any predictions.

I'm guessing my predictions from the end of last season must have carried forward.

You get 20 points for joining a league.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Practice sessions for Malaysia tomorrow.

How does everyone think it's going to shape up this weekend?

I'm a bit tentative about making my picks for the predictor because you don't know who's brought what updates this week. It's also hard to read on whether Red Bull were aided with the rain being a leveller in qualifying last week or not.

My Left Nut

Merc are the favourites but the weather could make it interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i've got low 40s this week so should be up to just over 100 points, as i had a few drivers one away from being correct

Reckon I've scored about 57 67 points this week.

When do we reckon it'll get updated?

I was wrong, I scored 77. Up to 3rd from 9th. Not too shabby.

Still top but by only 4 points.

I've dropped from 29th in the world to 773rd.

To be expected really.

Rudi Skacel

I hope the other teams catch up. Because this is just so far the same as the end of last season. No battles for the lead just 1 driver disappearing off into the distance.

Different driver, same story.

kingantti1874

Na, Rosberg and Hamilton will have some good battles... They will be treated equally unlike webber v vettel

Na, Rosberg and Hamilton will have some good battles... They will be treated equally unlike webber v vettel

I'd piss my pants laughing if Mercedes told Hamilton to defer to Rosberg. The BBC commentators would explode.

kingantti1874

I'd piss my pants laughing if Mercedes told Hamilton to defer to Rosberg. The BBC commentators would explode.

Hugely unlikely...

Looks like there's a difference of over 2 seconds between the prime and option tyres this weekend.

Could be interesting in terms of strategy this race.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/26895974

I'm sorry but that's definitely sour grapes.

It becomes especially evident when you realise Red Bull's engine manufacturer, Renault (for whom they are the 'works' team), "threatened to quit F1 if the sport did not introduce a new formula that reflected the greater efficiency now popular in road-car power-plants"

Every team has to use the same rules, nobody is getting an advantage, so just deal with and stop throwing the dummy out the pram FFS.

kingantti1874

Does Adrian newey think what he served up over the past 4 years with his trick exhausts was interesting?

Mercedes front row, with a Williams (Bottas) and Force India (Perez) on row 2 - can't see this being anything but a dominant 1-2 for Mercedes.

Jesus, Guttierez has just been the first person to prove the theory that the now low noses can have safety issues in terms of getting under cars in a way the high noses didn't.

Good race so far though.

Jesus, Guttierez has just been the first person to prove the theory that the now low noses can have safety issues in terms of getting under cars in a way the high noses didn't.

Contributing factor, but the tyre-on-tyre impact will be the major factor there.

Contributing factor, but the tyre-on-tyre impact will be the major factor there.

Yep. Didn't see the tyre impact on the first replays.

Good day for me in the predictions. B)

I had a mare, I knew that the force india's would be good but didn't back them the whole way.

Rubbish again this week. 45 points and 30% accuracy. But still managed to move up 2 places to 9th.

I thought I had a rubbish week, but I'm up to second...

how did I pull that off?

Crash-kid Maldonado again...

You can't just spear a car up the inside like that.

Maldonado should be chucked out of F1.

He's been in several crashes, and is clearly incapable of driving properly

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Up to 13th. Missing the first week's predictions is proving costly though.

And is replaced by someone with no background in motorsport.

http://www.linkedin....iacci/3/b44/123

I don't know if they need someone from motorsport in that role. Just someone to manage the experts and leave them to it and occasionally come out in front of a camera and explain why they're nowhere near the front... again.

Should have put Ricciardo in front of Vettel.

I've scored really well this week (I think), but if I'd done that I'd have got the 60 bonus points for predicting 6 drivers in position.

Edit:

By my reckoning I've got 112, possibly 137 depending on who got the fastest lap.

If I'd had Ricciardo in front of Vettel I'd have a further 70 points.

Stinker of a week. I really must put my dislike of Hamilton to the side and stop backing Rosberg to beat him, that's 3 races in a row now.

Archived