The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

It’s been done before but

the state of Edinburgh’s roads

im a relatively new driver and just the sheer chaos of temporary traffic lights and roadworks seem to be everywhere

gilmerton road

carricknowe

east craigs

gorgie

Amongst others

ive had to do a lot of cross city driving particularly in the last 7 days and needing to avoid the bypass at certain (rush hour) times I’ve had to go through the city and spent nearly as much time waiting at temporary lights as I do on the bypass

not to mention the amount of places that are 20 mph (I’m very conscious of my speed, particular as getting any points on my license is a disaster in the next 2 years) and when doing 20mph in these areas having someone flying up my backside not caring and wanting past.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All roads lead to Gorgie

I was following a car recently and the driver was vaping. Hugh clouds of vapour every time he stopped at lights. It looked like smoke signals in an old western. How is that safe as these devices look harder to hold than a ciggy. 

Салатные палочки

Heard this while sitting eating my lunch at the hospital cafe: 

"Ben.....Ben.....come here. Ben will you carry your babyccino please. Ben...your babycinno please". 

Boy was about 2. Probably wanted a ****in fruit shoot. 

59 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

"Ben.....Ben.....come here. Ben will you carry your babyccino please. Ben...your babycinno please". 

Babyccino?  Oh man :facepalm: 

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Babyccino?  Oh man :facepalm: 

Indeed. I don't how much, if any, caffeine is in it but about five mins later they re-appeared and couldn't control the wee fella. He ran out the automatic doors and nearly onto the road while the big daft drip chased after him. 

On 17/08/2018 at 19:07, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

There should be a rule about employing Hibs or Celtic fans?

On 17/08/2018 at 19:13, Morgan said:

Ftfy

The latter definitely do their best to ensure we don't need a rule about it. :whistling: 

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Pretty sure a babycino is just steamed milk.

Still, psycho behaviour!

The 'no smoking announcement' that gets played on repeat in Waverley station, really annoys me that it says 'no smoking anywhere ON the station' rather than 'in the station'. 

7 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Nah, Ben definitely wanted a babycino. My boys daft on them. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Glaikit tourists or locals that stand close to the doors of buses looking like they are getting on but don't and block the path of those trying to board like yours truly. I missed a bus today as it pulled off as the driver didn't see me standing in what I thought was a queue. 

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

I’m reading a book and they’ve used the phase “I could care less” twice when they mean couldn’t. Americans always say it wrong and it does my head in.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
10 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Glaikit tourists or locals that stand close to the doors of buses looking like they are getting on but don't and block the path of those trying to board like yours truly. I missed a bus today as it pulled off as the driver didn't see me standing in what I thought was a queue. 

You have to be more aggressive with them. Shove them out of the way. 

Harry Potter
42 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I laughed at that, ?,

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I’ll definitely do that the next time as I had to wait another ten minutes for the next bus. I will probably shove them out the way and then trip over their fecken suitcases knowing my luck at the moment ?

Scnorthedinburgh
14 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

This but in reverse.

You try and get off a bus and idiots stand right at the door waiting to get on, looking surprised that your not getting off.

Where the f do you think in trying to go.

Also people who get on a bus stand at the bottom of the stairs and discus where to sit, it's a bus just grab a seat.

4 hours ago, Helzibob said:

I’m reading a book and they’ve used the phase “I could care less” twice when they mean couldn’t. Americans always say it wrong and it does my head in.

This one and ‘cheap at half the price’ are favourites of our American friends.  Surely to goodness it should be ‘cheap at twice the price’?

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

This but in reverse.

You try and get off a bus and idiots stand right at the door waiting to get on, looking surprised that your not getting off.

Where the f do you think in trying to go.

Also people who get on a bus stand at the bottom of the stairs and discus where to sit, it's a bus just grab a seat.

Those getting on and not having the right change or asking the driver the fare. It is written on a big notice board on the bus stop you numpties. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I’ll definitely do that the next time as I had to wait another ten minutes for the next bus. I will probably shove them out the way and then trip over their fecken suitcases knowing my luck at the moment ?

Don't forget to boot in the face any stopping you from disembarking. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Those getting on and not having the right change or asking the driver the fare. It is written on a big notice board on the bus stop you numpties. 

Those who have been standing waiting for the bus for the same length of time that you have and only dig the purse out of the mary poppins handbag/try to find change in various pockets after the bus arrives.

Dicks.

All roads lead to Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Cade said:

Those who have been standing waiting for the bus for the same length of time that you have and only dig the purse out of the mary poppins handbag/try to find change in various pockets after the bus arrives.

Dicks.

One day I was waiting as the driver lowered the ramp thing to let an older lady board only for her to change her mind and instead choose the bus that had just pulled up behind. A good couple of minutes wasted. 

33 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

One day I was waiting as the driver lowered the ramp thing to let an older lady board only for her to change her mind and instead choose the bus that had just pulled up behind. A good couple of minutes wasted. 

If I had a concealed carry license I'd have shot her in the face.

Only stopped to reload.

All roads lead to Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Only stopped to reload.

By the look of her face it looked like someone already had.

It looks like bus travel has reached the top of my seethe league so maybe the car will be getting used more. Next time I post it will be traffic jams. ?

When people stand in a queue position at the bus stop for one bus, but then another comes and you're not sure if they're queueing for that or another one. Then you're not sure if they're queueing to get on or just generally getting in the way.

I remember one time two old bags of wind stood at the edge of the pavement looking like they were getting on so I stood behind them. The bus pulled up, opened the doors, they did nothing, so the bus drove off.

:seething:

Салатные палочки

Baby Shark challenge

:cornette:

Be an absolute tragedy is someone got their ankle run over when doing this. 

:greggy:

18 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Baby Shark challenge

The what?

Idiots who toe caravans but don't have the extended wing mirrors so can't see behind them. Should have their cars and caravan clamped and crushed in front of them

The Internet
5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Baby Shark challenge

Just googled this and it is, as I feared, the same as the drake one. Drivers getting out of moving cars to dance. Moving cars. To dance. On video. 

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: 

Just shut the door on the human race now. 

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

The absence of any pouch on the back of the seat to store your stuff in on Ryanair flights. ****ing irritating.

Ryanair have been running as a basic low cost airline for 30+ years now and folk still under the impression that it's going to be better than it is. If they can avoid anything that costs them money that they then can't pass onto a customer they don't do it.  

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

The absence of any pouch on the back of the seat to store your stuff in on Ryanair flights. ****ing irritating.

Plus you have this horrible yellow safety card on the back of the seat staring at you for the whole flight. 

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Ryanair have been running as a basic low cost airline for 30+ years now and folk still under the impression that it's going to be better than it is. If they can avoid anything that costs them money that they then can't pass onto a customer they don't do it.  

I'm under no illusions as to what Ryanair offer. I'm simply stating that this is a seethe of mine. I turn up to Hearts matches every week knowing that we are crap a good percentage if the time; doesn't mean I can't moan about it. 

On 24/08/2018 at 19:11, Der Kaiser said:

Only stopped to reload.

That would teach her.

She’d not do that again.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

I'm still none the wiser. What's the challenge part? Making yourself look like a twat?

Doesn't seem to be too challenging for these pricks. 

5 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I'm under no illusions as to what Ryanair offer. I'm simply stating that this is a seethe of mine. I turn up to Hearts matches every week knowing that we are crap a good percentage if the time; doesn't mean I can't moan about it. 

If you're cheap enough to fly with them then you've threw away your moaning cards. Stop flying with them and use a half decent airline. These arseholes are only still in business because people fly with them (yet still moan about them). 

6 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

If you're cheap enough to fly with them then you've threw away your moaning cards. Stop flying with them and use a half decent airline. These arseholes are only still in business because people fly with them (yet still moan about them). 

I just spent £300 on a flight with them out of sheer necessity. I'll lambast those ****ers all I want!!

11 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I just spent £300 on a flight with them out of sheer necessity. I'll lambast those ****ers all I want!!

That's too much for a flight to the middle of nowhere with no leg room. Take a hand glider next time

10 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

That's too much for a flight to the middle of nowhere with no leg room. Take a hand glider next time

Noted. It's killing me to pay that ??

11 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

It's a hang glider not a hand glider.   :jj_facepalm::vangry: :seethe:

On 13/08/2018 at 13:16, Morgan said:

Hope Miss tight shorts is still there for you.

She asked me how my weekend was yesterday.

That's a clear sign right? I can start bringing up the subject of positions and bondage now yes?

1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

She asked me how my weekend was yesterday.

That's a clear sign right? I can start bringing up the subject of positions and bondage now yes?

Indubitably DK.

When they mention the word ‘weekend’ it’s basically verbal foreplay.  I would suggest leather shorts to school will be your friend tomorrow.  Good luck.

24 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Indubitably DK.

When they mention the word ‘weekend’ it’s basically verbal foreplay.  I would suggest leather shorts to school will be your friend tomorrow.  Good luck.

Well we do know that you like men in tight shorts Morgan :)