Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Kit erectors who cannae run the roof trusses true. Up and down, up and down. :th_Rage2:

I know right!

:seething::seething::seething:

Harry Potter
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Fearty! 

8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Fearty! 

Ha Ha only one wi my wifes name and my 2 boys

2 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bouncers-brutal-attack-almost-killed-10049823

Keeping us safe.

It's nice you have little technical terms for them though, for when "thug", "bully" and "badly disguised murderer" get a bit boring to use.

Believe what you want mate , you give the impression of being the quintessential law student type punter. The one who believes they can do anything with no consequences. If you worked in the game for 1night you’d change your mind fast.

The guy in your news article is clearly a bellend and lost his license as he should but i’ll bet hes not an old school “bouncer” he will have got a license under the SIA for the reasons I mentioned numerous times above which is where the base problem is its the quality of doorstewards. 

Its funny cause you see stories like that or similar , but you know there will be more to it than whats put across , however that does not excuse pathetic behaviour like that , guy like that shouldn’t get a badge but....SIA

Bouncer is an old school term and is not about fighting with or power , doorstewards are often incapable , undertrained (physically) , unable to communicate or gain respect to be able to deal with situations. 

But what would I know clearly you and your wee bee have an issue with stewards or just like trolling

21 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I just don’t like them :lol: 

Awww mate do they scare ya , that mean no trip to France for me and the lads to raid the wine cellar then? ??66D601B4-12A9-4F5E-A685-4D6B0999E1A6.thumb.jpeg.054fa40b30244a63a12f8f6ee53192b7.jpeg

Just now, sadj said:

Believe what you want mate , you give the impression of being the quintessential law student type punter. The one who believes they can do anything with no consequences. If you worked in the game for 1night you’d change your mind fast.

The guy in your news article is clearly a bellend and lost his license as he should but i’ll bet hes not an old school “bouncer” he will have got a license under the SIA for the reasons I mentioned numerous times above which is where the base problem is its the quality of doorstewards. 

Its funny cause you see stories like that or similar , but you know there will be more to it than whats put across , however that does not excuse pathetic behaviour like that , guy like that shouldn’t get a badge but....SIA

Bouncer is an old school term and is not about fighting with or power , doorstewards are often incapable , undertrained (physically) , unable to communicate or gain respect to be able to deal with situations. 

But what would I know clearly you and your wee bee have an issue with stewards or just like trolling

So it's the "SIA" to blame for when Dazza leaves a dad of 2 with severe brain damage? Okay. If you want to keep making excuses for such behaviour that's fine.

Another, I'm guessing this guy deserved it.

Also yes I do have a Law degree thanks (almost two) :smuggy: .

Harry Potter
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

I was thrown out of Bobby McGees rose street in 1982 , while sitting in there i lost my leather jacket { cost 120 pounds then}

I asked the door staff if someone was robbing the place, i ended up rolling about outside with bouncers when police arrived,

told to get home, barry wi no jacket , but at least no police involved, phoned them next day, no jacket.

TBF police were ok, miss that jacket. 

Just now, peter_hmfc said:

So it's the "SIA" to blame for when Dazza leaves a dad of 2 with severe brain damage? Okay. If you want to keep making excuses for such behaviour that's fine.

Another, I'm guessing this guy deserved it.

Also yes I do have a Law degree thanks (almost two) :smuggy: .

Funny that isn’t it that you have the typically pretentious i never do anything wrong law student attitude and I called it. Guaranteed you’ve been launched out of clubs and stood there for an hour telling the doorman how much of a ***** he is and how you know the law etc....

Don’t twist my words.

Take for instance you can’t look after yourself someone gets in your face and out of fear you lash out and catch the guy knock him down he bangs his head. Brain damage or death are not a big step from there.

If the SIA sorted their act out instead of an ass covering act they might limit the negative impact they have had whereby clubs are less safe than they were.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

I was thrown out of Bobby McGees rose street in 1982 , while sitting in there i lost my leather jacket { cost 120 pounds then}

I asked the door staff if someone was robbing the place, i ended up rolling about outside with bouncers when police arrived,

told to get home, barry wi no jacket , but at least no police involved, phoned them next day, no jacket.

TBF police were ok, miss that jacket. 

??? morale of that story is you had too much money in 1982. See thats another thing that annoys me now. Everything has to be followed up , when i started doors you could get into it then just pick the guy up send him on his way and he’d learn to behave. Now you get told not to restrain someone unless you want to get police involved and raise a complaint. Lifes not black and white. Lucky you were obvs nice to them or you’d of got a lift out to Gullane and had to find your way back with nae jacket....

Just now, sadj said:

Funny that isn’t it that you have the typically pretentious i never do anything wrong law student attitude and I called it. Guaranteed you’ve been launched out of clubs and stood there for an hour telling the doorman how much of a ***** he is and how you know the law etc....

Don’t twist my words.

Take for instance you can’t look after yourself someone gets in your face and out of fear you lash out and catch the guy knock him down he bangs his head. Brain damage or death are not a big step from there.

If the SIA sorted their act out instead of an ass covering act they might limit the negative impact they have had whereby clubs are less safe than they were.

Already said nightclubs are "shit" and that I avoid them like the plague, please keep up. I also have absolutely no criminal record whatsoever, I'm less known to the police than the whereabouts of Area 51 :smuggy: .

Keep blaming the SIA though, it's better than accepting responsibility for thuggery I guess.

3 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Already said nightclubs are "shit" and that I avoid them like the plague, please keep up. I also have absolutely no criminal record whatsoever, I'm less known to the police than the whereabouts of Area 51 :smuggy: .

Keep blaming the SIA though, it's better than accepting responsibility for thuggery I guess.

Your a troll and no mistake. Can’t ever admit there is two sides to things and have to be right. As someone who has never been a thug or felt the need to be your talking crap. 

I’d put money on your more known to the police than you think. Funny how these things work. I’m still sticking with when you were younger you’ve been launched. If its not personal experience you can’t comment accurately though I doubt that will stop you. Now no doubt you will respond as you clearly need the last word in a debate and have to leave it feeling you are the only one who’s opinion is correct. So i shall leave you to do that then you can pick another subject you are clueless about to troll someone on.

Just now, sadj said:

Your a troll and no mistake. Can’t ever admit there is two sides to things and have to be right. As someone who has never been a thug or felt the need to be your talking crap. 

I’d put money on your more known to the police than you think. Funny how these things work. I’m still sticking with when you were younger you’ve been launched. If its not personal experience you can’t comment accurately though I doubt that will stop you. Now no doubt you will respond as you clearly need the last word in a debate and have to leave it feeling you are the only one who’s opinion is correct. So i shall leave you to do that then you can pick another subject you are clueless about to troll someone on.

Never been "launched" and the police know more about life on Pluto than me :smuggy: .

Personal experience is seeing people being beaten and attacked by bouncers three times their size, but it's okay because you can blame SIA so that's a weight off, phew.

Horatio Caine

What grinds my gears is when yet another good thread on Kickback descends into personal arguments.  

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

What grinds my gears is when yet another good thread on Kickback descends into personal arguments.  

???

Just now, Horatio Caine said:

Nothing personal, just think thuggish bouncers should be called out for what and who they are.

My original post on the matter was well on topic.

36 minutes ago, sadj said:

Awww mate do they scare ya , that mean no trip to France for me and the lads to raid the wine cellar then? ??66D601B4-12A9-4F5E-A685-4D6B0999E1A6.thumb.jpeg.054fa40b30244a63a12f8f6ee53192b7.jpeg

Not at all!

Perhaps my wording should have been ‘in certain situations I don’t like them/find them inappropriate eg. staff in places like banks, insurance companies, hospitals.. that sort of thing.

You're welcome to my wine cellar any day :thumbsup: 

18 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Not at all!

Perhaps my wording should have been ‘in certain situations I don’t like them/find them inappropriate eg. staff in places like banks, insurance companies, hospitals.. that sort of thing.

Sure when we can arrange something me and the lads will get over for a weekend to torment the French for you. ?? I agree actually , None of my tattoos are visible when suited and booted. Horses for courses and all that. 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Sure when we can arrange something me and the lads will get over for a weekend to torment the French for you. ?? I agree actually , None of my tattoos are visible when suited and booted. Horses for courses and all that. 

Good man!

:thumbsup: 

All roads lead to Gorgie

When radio stations employ so called experts. I have just heard the sports presenter with the funny accent on Radio Scotland say the winner of The Tour de France was Geraint JONES :facepalm:

On 30/07/2018 at 07:49, Helzibob said:

People who watch videos on public transport without headphones on. The rest of the carriage doesn’t want to listen to that crappy comedy skit! 

:spoton:if you didn't bring headphones, you don't get to lump that on everyone else.

Then again, headphones are viewed as a necessity to me because people on buses don't want to hear my pish and I certainly don't want to hear theirs 

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

:spoton:if you didn't bring headphones, you don't get to lump that on everyone else.

Then again, headphones are viewed as a necessity to me because people on buses don't want to hear my pish and I certainly don't want to hear theirs 

On the subject, cyclists with headphones; idiots!

3 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

On the subject, cyclists with headphones; idiots!

No doubt they claim its the drivers fault if they get into an accident though...arseholes.

23 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

When radio stations employ so called experts. I have just heard the sports presenter with the funny accent on Radio Scotland say the winner of The Tour de France was Geraint JONES :facepalm:

Pretty sure there is a Geraint Jones? Definitely didn't win the tdf however 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Thommo414 said:

No doubt they claim its the drivers fault if they get into an accident though...arseholes.

I see it more and more and even other cyclists are at risk as they have no idea that you are behind them and want to pass as they slowly weave from side to side. Crazy behavior, mind you joggers are nearly as bad!

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Pretty sure there is a Geraint Jones? Definitely didn't win the tdf however 

He played Cricket I think. Back to phil Goodlad surely a sports presenter should know the name of a person that has been all over the news not just the sports sections. Not the first time I have heard him blunder like this either!

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 hours ago, Morgan said:

Not at all!

You can hire it out for a Tattoo convention :greggy:

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

He played Cricket I think. Back to phil Goodlad surely a sports presenter should know the name of a person that has been all over the news not just the sports sections. Not the first time I have heard him blunder like this either!

They're all prone to a slip up or two, but when it's constant you do rightfully end up asking some questions about their ability 

You can hire it out for a Tattoo convention :greggy:

:lol: 

27 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:mad:

Sorry :sad:

But, I did clarify later on.

Are we still arguing? 

One of the best threads on Kickback ruined over the last few pages. That is my seethe for the day. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
7 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Perhaps mixing him up with that well known personality in the Rhondda Valley,  "Jones the bike..."

Reading a news story about two drunk guys stealing a bus, driving for nine miles and crashing it.

Banned from driving for two years and suspended sentences.... WTF?

How does that not get you jail?

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Reading a news story about two drunk guys stealing a bus, driving for nine miles and crashing it.

Banned from driving for two years and suspended sentences.... WTF?

How does that not get you jail?

Banned from driving for two years???

It’s just like the sentences they give folk who torture and kill a dog, banned from owning a dog for 5 years...wtf!!!

Why are they not just permanently banned :vangry:

Seafield Road traffic.

3 sets of lights all too close causing too much traffic.

What makes it worse is one set of them is only there to make it easier for buses to turn.

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Arsepieces driving with their right arm / hand out of the window. Hand either down by the outside of the door, or up towards the roof of the car.

You don't look cool, you just look like pricks. 

Should be an instant 3 point penalty at least. 

I bet my bottom dollar that no-one on here will be able to provide a valid reason for this dangerous activity. 

Flicking bogeys. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Arsepieces driving with their right arm / hand out of the window. Hand either down by the outside of the door, or up towards the roof of the car.

You don't look cool, you just look like pricks. 

Should be an instant 3 point penalty at least. 

I bet my bottom dollar that no-one on here will be able to provide a valid reason for this dangerous activity. 

I drive like that all the time.

It keeps me cool....kinda like the one leg out the bed on a warm night.

Plus I'm a prick.

Ordered "Death in the Long Grass" 2 weeks ago from a third party through Amazon, its still not here :mad:

All roads lead to Gorgie

To the lowlife **** who spat at me as I cycled home tonight just do one you disgusting **** 

To the lowlife **** who spat at me as I cycled home tonight just do one you disgusting **** 

:wow:

Must be more to this, surely?

13 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Ordered "Death in the Long Grass" 2 weeks ago from a third party through Amazon, its still not here :mad:

A Brenda Rodgers recommendation?

When typing ”Terr” into the address bar on my phone. 99% of the times it successfully brings up the direct link to the Terrace. That 1% of the time, as I’m that accustomed to it working correctly, I end up on bloody Terry Wogan’s bloody Wiki page. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

:wow:

Must be more to this, surely?

The guy was acting up in front of his neddy mates in the middle of road and a female cyclist in front of me had to swerve as well. He looked like he wanted a fight and if I wasn't the upstanding law abiding person that I am and he didn't have his possy with him he might have had a sore face this morning :thumbsup:

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Utter scum going about. 

I would normally laugh with them and think it's just a group of young lads out for the night but the spitting part really riled me. I can see how players on a football pitch would react to that happening to them. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Actually the above incident was quite funny as he was doing a kind of David Brent from the Office dance and looked a right..... :laugh:

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie