• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We were just speaking about hot chocolate. Turns out it was a genuine discussion on the hot beverage and not codewords for what I thought .......I'm disappointed. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I registered for a government web site some time ago but had forgotten my password. They sent an email with a one off password. I changed it to a new one. Logged in, invalid username. Went through the same to change that. Logged in invalid, password. Locked out for thirty mins. Tried again, same story. 

I give up.

I'm so sorry to have to vent my anger at this - but the poisoned wee woman Jasmin Alibhai-Brown seems to appear everywhere these days on political programmes, breakfast TV, paper reviews. She absolutely hates most white men and says so. If the comments were reversed she'd be the first to have the person done for racism. Nasty wee piece of work!!!!

There - feel better now

HHGH

I've been working like a dog for the last month with only 2 days off in that time. Now I have 5 days in a row off and I've instantly developed a stinking cold that has gone into my chest. Walking more than 100 yards gets me out off breath and wanting a wee rest. I've just ordered a curry delivery and the takeaway is only about 100 years form my front door, but I just can't face the effort walking back and not feeling like eating as I'm knackered. I'd better be healthier by Saturday. 

18 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I've been working like a dog for the last month with only 2 days off in that time. Now I have 5 days in a row off and I've instantly developed a stinking cold that has gone into my chest. Walking more than 100 yards gets me out off breath and wanting a wee rest. I've just ordered a curry delivery and the takeaway is only about 100 years form my front door, but I just can't face the effort walking back and not feeling like eating as I'm knackered. I'd better be healthier by Saturday. 

Tbf I wouldn’t walk to the takeaway if it was 100 years away ?

All roads lead to Gorgie
32 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

That could be one for the dot count thread. 

And in the year 2118 Tazio's takeaway finally arrived ^_^

Don't know whether I should put this in the "Yay" thread but my son starts high school on Tuesday.......... where the hell has the time gone ???

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

did he get a william of orange duck?

On 29/08/2018 at 17:59, Der Kaiser said:

We were just speaking about hot chocolate. Turns out it was a genuine discussion on the hot beverage and not codewords for what I thought .......I'm disappointed. 

:facepalm:  :greggy:

You should be, and I feel your pain.  Hot chocolate means one thing, and one thing only.  Get rid of the slag.

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

I'm watching Ben Fogel climb Everest on STV. Quite frankly he's such a pathetic sod I'm willing him to fail. 

Weren't there report's of him being a Walter Mitty type character a few years ago? Something to do with his version of stories differing from the ones released by his agent/spokesperson. 

Ben Fogel?

get a real job, you tit.

Same goes for that Ellen Mcarthur woman. I would love to sail round the world but i have to work to buy food and sh1t. Lazy cow.

Thought I had something stuck between my teeth yesterday. Turns out it is an abscess. Feels like I've been kicked in the jaw, which has caused a golf ball to grow on my jaw.

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Lassie doing the sport on BBC Breakfast started her bulletin by saying only three teams had a 100 % record. Chelsea, Liverpool and Watford. She didn't mention the league they were in.

What about Hearts you feckin dozy bint.

Mentioned the ersecheeks game and showed the goal. They are behind Hearts ya slavering tart.

Then she shows a tweet from that Marcus Rashford wank who said he 'shouldn't of reacted'. 

Thick arsehole. Thank feck the schools are back. Too late for many. 

Also means I can get back to the gym and pool without these ignorant shits getting in the way. 

Happy Monday folks.

That’ll be your chest feeling a lot lighter then :) 

On 27/08/2018 at 17:04, Ribble said:

Ryanair have been running as a basic low cost airline for 30+ years now and folk still under the impression that it's going to be better than it is. If they can avoid anything that costs them money that they then can't pass onto a customer they don't do it.  

Just flew to Krakow and back with Ryanair.  Managed to get return flights, with the extra legroom (i.e. emergency exit door) seats, priority boarding and 25kg of checked luggage for £140 return.  The flight was fine, the cabin staff were pleasant, and nothing went wrong at all; no lost bags, no drama, just an easy experience.

I think they get an unjustified bad reputation sometimes.  You know what you're getting with them, and yes, you get a better experience with other airlines, but for a short 2 hour trip, I don't see the need to go with anyone else.

Cue my next flight with them being an absolute cluster**** :lol:

Edited by tian447

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It is a bit, mon ami.  

Grumpier than usual because my wife and daughter are in Portugal and I am oot walking my daughter's puppy in the feckin pissing rain, while a bloke fits our boiler.

Never mind. Chicken phal for tea which means tomorrow the cludgie will be a feckin demilitarized zone. As will my boxers.

:lol: 

We’re just back from Lisbon and are heading to Barcelona tomorrow. Enjoy the rain!

#prayforjonnosboxers

Captain Price

A surgical wound right above your arsecrack. 

Cant lie down, can’t sit down, scared to go for a shite in case I rip the stitches out. 

:seething:

1 hour ago, Captain Price said:

Cant lie down, can’t sit down, scared to go for a shite in case I rip the stitches out. 

W̶h̶o̶ What did you do?

:oohmatron:

Edited by tian447

Captain Price
15 minutes ago, tian447 said:

W̶h̶o̶ What did you do?

:oohmatron:

As soon as I posted, I knew I was in for it :lol: 

I had a “pilonidal sinus” (small cyst in the crevice of my back and crack) which had to be removed, nothing serious however the discomfort is unbelievable. 

1 hour ago, Captain Price said:

:vrwow:  Sounds horrendous.

I have a chronic illness. Got worse last few days. Called GP surgery 4 times today. Answerphone playing recorded message saying sorry we are busy try another time or dial 999 if serious. My condition is serious but not 999 serious. Eventually drove to surgery. Receptionist put some info on their computer and said NHS24 would call me back within 90 minutes. Got a call 90 mins later, woman checked my symptoms and said I needed to be seen at the surgery. Would need to be tomorrow though, as although I am losing blood and am in pain they don't have any appointments.

I long for the days your local medical practice could help you when you needed it. I can understand why A and E depts get loads of people with minor ailments going there instead of their GP. It is brutal. Normal wait for an appointment is 3 weeks these days. Depressing but also seethe-worthy.

5 minutes ago, mrcrisps said:

I have a chronic illness. Got worse last few days. Called GP surgery 4 times today. Answerphone playing recorded message saying sorry we are busy try another time or dial 999 if serious. My condition is serious but not 999 serious. Eventually drove to surgery. Receptionist put some info on their computer and said NHS24 would call me back within 90 minutes. Got a call 90 mins later, woman checked my symptoms and said I needed to be seen at the surgery. Would need to be tomorrow though, as although I am losing blood and am in pain they don't have any appointments.

I long for the days your local medical practice could help you when you needed it. I can understand why A and E depts get loads of people with minor ailments going there instead of their GP. It is brutal. Normal wait for an appointment is 3 weeks these days. Depressing but also seethe-worthy.

That's terrible, I hope you get sorted, I completely understand your point about A&E being swamped, what else are people to do? 

2 hours ago, mrcrisps said:

The problem is the type that go to the doctors with anything. If I wake up with a stiff neck, as an example, I'll fire down some Ibuprofen and get on with the day. If it was really bad I might have to take the day off work until it loosens up a bit, as happened a few months ago. I work with a couple of people that would be straight on the phone to the docs. Same if they have the cold or a bit of a cough. Whatever happened to just getting the feck on with it and waiting until you get better? I don't think I've been in the doctors for about 6 years.

12 hours ago, mrcrisps said:

My old practice used to do appointments but also a drop in service. You have to go and wait to be seen but you were guaranteed to be seen that day within an hour ish. My current practice is a nightmare. I had to get a sickline earlier this year (my first ever). It took 200+ calls just to get through to them.

I hope you get an appointment soon. Call first thing and if they ask if it’s an emergency then say yes. 

Horatio Caine
39 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

My old practice used to do appointments but also a drop in service. You have to go and wait to be seen but you were guaranteed to be seen that day within an hour ish. My current practice is a nightmare. I had to get a sickline earlier this year (my first ever). It took 200+ calls just to get through to them.

I hope you get an appointment soon. Call first thing and if they ask if it’s an emergency then say yes. 

Called my surgery the other day - my gout has resurrected itself.  Told the receptionist - she told me she'd booked me in for a telephone consultation in ten days!!  When I suggested she was having a laugh, she confirmed what she said and told me if I wanted a face to face it would take even longer.  Absolute joke.

4 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Called my surgery the other day - my gout has resurrected itself.  Told the receptionist - she told me she'd booked me in for a telephone consultation in ten days!!  When I suggested she was having a laugh, she confirmed what she said and told me if I wanted a face to face it would take even longer.  Absolute joke.

That is a joke. All GP practices have to keep some apointments for same day emergencies. If you really feel it can’t wait then ask for an emergency appointment. You also don’t need to divulge to the receptionist what the appointment is for, although they will try and push. Hope you get seen sooner ??.

Go to the pharmacy you usually use and explain the situation - ask them if they can give you an emergency supply of indomethacin to stop the gout attack and a small supply of allopurinol to take daily until you can see the doctor.

On 03/09/2018 at 13:38, tian447 said:

Just flew to Krakow and back with Ryanair.  Managed to get return flights, with the extra legroom (i.e. emergency exit door) seats, priority boarding and 25kg of checked luggage for £140 return.  The flight was fine, the cabin staff were pleasant, and nothing went wrong at all; no lost bags, no drama, just an easy experience.

I think they get an unjustified bad reputation sometimes.  You know what you're getting with them, and yes, you get a better experience with other airlines, but for a short 2 hour trip, I don't see the need to go with anyone else.

Cue my next flight with them being an absolute cluster**** :lol:

Following on from this a bit: you know who are under-rated and don't get the credit they're due? Bus and taxi drivers.

Was out earlier in a non-English speaking foreign country, got a bit lost and it was getting dark with everything shutting. Beginning to worry but then a taxi driver showed up, got in, 5 minutes and £6 (approx) later I was home.

Here's to you, taxi and bus drivers.

ChEpJfmWYAUuIJ4.jpg

1 minute ago, peter_hmfc said:

Following on from this a bit: you know who are under-rated and don't get the credit they're due? Bus and taxi drivers.

Was out earlier in a non-English speaking foreign country, got a bit lost and it was getting dark with everything shutting. Beginning to worry but then a taxi driver showed up, got in, 5 minutes and £6 (approx) later I was home.

Here's to you, taxi and bus drivers.

ChEpJfmWYAUuIJ4.jpg

Come on....lets here the real "fare" you paid.....

Just now, Der Kaiser said:

Comes up at just under £6 British Sterling, but I let him keep the change so there's that, probably about £8 in total tbh.

The car was smooth as a cloud though, you could charge that thing over rocky mountain terrain and not feel a thing.

:pleasing:

3 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

?

Edited by Morgan

11 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Comes up at just under £6 British Sterling, but I let him keep the change so there's that, probably about £8 in total tbh.

The car was smooth as a cloud though, you could charge that thing over rocky mountain terrain and not feel a thing.

:pleasing:

Riiiight 

Bet he told you the cameras in the back are for security reasons.....

Just now, Der Kaiser said:

Riiiight 

Bet he told you the cameras in the back are for security reasons.....

What cameras?

Go to sleep, dear Kaiser.

On 24/08/2018 at 12:14, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Those getting on and not having the right change or asking the driver the fare. It is written on a big notice board on the bus stop you numpties. 

Dormeo advert for a great nights sleep, has lasted for about 10 minutes, seethin .

Been for a good few interviews over the last 2 month or so, out of 8 interviews , all who gave a specific date on when they would be getting back to me, only 1 company got back to me in that time frame, 5 companies got in touch after I emailed to ask for an update, 1 took a week to get back to me after i had got in touch with them and 1 didn't respond at all.

Now i understand that a lot of people are applying for jobs and i won't necessarily get a response when applying, but when I've taken time of work to attend an interview, researched that company and prepared for that interview, been informed I will be told the outcome by a specific date, How fecking hard is it to send an email or quick call to say, sorry your not getting the job, boils my pish!!!!!!!!!

Had a second interview last week for a company who stated they would get back to me Monday, when i got in touch with one of the interviewers, last thing on Monday, she stated that Unofficially I've got the job but would have to wait until Tuesday for official confirmation, Happy Days you would think. No not really, thankfully I didn't hand in my notice at my current job as when Tuesday roles around, no email, no phone call, Sweet FA.

Seethe is not really the correct word for my current outlook on these companies employment processes Rage is probably more apt!!!!!!!  Although if they offer me the Job today I'll probably be on the YAY thread :) 

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Dormeo advert for a great nights sleep, has lasted for about 10 minutes, seethin .

If you buy a good mattress, you'll sleep through the sadverts. (<- That was a typo)

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, bn jambo said:

Been for a good few interviews over the last 2 month or so, out of 8 interviews , all who gave a specific date on when they would be getting back to me, only 1 company got back to me in that time frame, 5 companies got in touch after I emailed to ask for an update, 1 took a week to get back to me after i had got in touch with them and 1 didn't respond at all.

Now i understand that a lot of people are applying for jobs and i won't necessarily get a response when applying, but when I've taken time of work to attend an interview, researched that company and prepared for that interview, been informed I will be told the outcome by a specific date, How fecking hard is it to send an email or quick call to say, sorry your not getting the job, boils my pish!!!!!!!!!

Had a second interview last week for a company who stated they would get back to me Monday, when i got in touch with one of the interviewers, last thing on Monday, she stated that Unofficially I've got the job but would have to wait until Tuesday for official confirmation, Happy Days you would think. No not really, thankfully I didn't hand in my notice at my current job as when Tuesday roles around, no email, no phone call, Sweet FA.

Seethe is not really the correct word for my current outlook on these companies employment processes Rage is probably more apt!!!!!!!  Although if they offer me the Job today I'll probably be on the YAY thread :) 

It's bad practice, but more than that, it's just plain bad manners to leave folk wondering what the hell is happening.  It happens a lot though.  Yes, there's lots of people applying for jobs but to ignore the unsuccessful ones is lazy arseholery.  Hope you get the job BTW!  If you do, remind them about good communication!

I thought I'd paint the varnished surrounds of bathroom window , paint it white, freshen the place up a bit. Not a big job; a bit of sanding, some primer/undercoat then slap on the gloss and jobs a good un.

Nah, it wasn't going to be that easy. The ***t of a tiler from B& f'in Q, who fitted the bathroom, had run clear silicone sealant up the sides of the surrounds, meaning I had to spend ages scraping, picking and sanding to get the bleeding stuff off.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I was out dog walking about an hour ago and there was this stunning view of the three bridges. The sunlight back lighting the bridges, huge towering rain clouds, shafts of light through the rain and beyond that the Ochill Hills stretching away to Ben Ledi and beyond. There was even a plane coming in to land which would have given scale. It was one of those perfect photo windows that happens occasionally. Got the phone out, set it up to take a photo, then that horrible noise of the phone shutting down. Battery empty. Grrrrr

Only myself to blame for letting the battery run out but what a photo that would have been.

14 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I was out dog walking about an hour ago and there was this stunning view of the three bridges. The sunlight back lighting the bridges, huge towering rain clouds, shafts of light through the rain and beyond that the Ochill Hills stretching away to Ben Ledi and beyond. There was even a plane coming in to land which would have given scale. It was one of those perfect photo windows that happens occasionally. Got the phone out, set it up to take a photo, then that horrible noise of the phone shutting down. Battery empty. Grrrrr

Only myself to blame for letting the battery run out but what a photo that would have been.

Oh dear, nightmare.