Official Formula 1 2011 Uber Thread

Guest juvehearts

Exciting from 2nd downwards perhaps ;-)

Well 2nd to 5th at least, and Schumi failing to reach top 10, Rosberg still faster than the old guy Massa not at the races, Di Resta did well - looking forward to the race, and have a sneaky feeling you are too!

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest juvehearts

That was an excellent save by Sutil. :thumbsup:

F1 drivers usually hit the accelerator when spinning out rather than the brakes so as to spin the car. Madness.

Good to see Di Resta outqualify Sutil. :thumbsup:

To be fair though if Sutil hadn't spun he'd be behind him rather than in front.

Looking forward to the race.

his was adjusting the rear wing when he hit the accelerator pedal as he came off the apex, got to say this wont be the only time this happens possibly this race.

i think red bull are quickest but tyre management is the key here with seb vettel & hamilton starting on the option anything is possible

what about hispancia racing then!!!!!

Prince Buaben

Hispania are a joke. I know there is always a difference between the field but 10 seconds. Thank god they weren't allowed to race!

rossthejambo

Hispania are a joke. I know there is always a difference between the field but 10 seconds. Thank god they weren't allowed to race!

Today was the first time they actually put the new car out on the track wasn't it? They only did an out lap in practice on Friday and hadn't taken part in any of the testing.

Can't really understand what the point is myself, feel sorry for Liuzzi, he should be in a much better team.

Prince Buaben
<br /><br />

<br />

Today was the first time they actually put the new car out on the track wasn't it? They only did an out lap in practice on Friday and hadn't taken part in any of the testing. <br />

<br />

Can't really understand what the point is myself, feel sorry for Liuzzi, he should be in a much better team.<br />

They done something similar last year aswell. The boy chandurk hadnt done a lap until qualifying!!

rossthejambo

They done something similar last year aswell. The boy chandurk hadnt done a lap until qualifying!!

Apparently, if the other teams agree then they can race tomorrow. If they're that shit I can't imagine there being too much opposition to it.

Apparently, if the other teams agree then they can race tomorrow. If they're that shit I can't imagine there being too much opposition to it.

8.40am and theres a car or two on the track right now. I can hear it. I only live 9kms from the track. blink.gif

It looks like a grey, damp day. Possible rain later.

rossthejambo

8.40am and theres a car or two on the track right now. I can hear it. I only live 9kms from the track. blink.gif

It looks like a grey, damp day. Possible rain later.

Here's hoping, can't beat a bit of rain (real rain Bernie, none of this sprinkler rubbish) in Formula 1. The really good drivers shine through.

Prince Buaben

Apparently, if the other teams agree then they can race tomorrow. If they're that shit I can't imagine there being too much opposition to it.<br />

I thought that the appeal was rejected already. Surely they won't benefit anyone by running in the race.

Rain would spice it up a bit! Here's hoping.

I thought that the appeal was rejected already. Surely they won't benefit anyone by running in the race.

Rain would spice it up a bit! Here's hoping.

it was rejected. What is interesting is the red bulls kers system, it is widely believed that it will only work off the line as they dont have a recharging system, but it means they can have better weight distribution

JamboRossi79

Did anyone else catch the FIA GT1 Championship opener, it was a pretty good race and one I will be keeping an eye on throughout the season.

I love both the Nissan GT-R and the Ford GT :thumb:

Pretty dominant by Vettel. They didn't even use KERS.

I thought di Resta done well. Started brilliantly and made no mistakes.

Was he told to move over for Sutil? I hope not but it was mentioned.

That Perez boy had a respectable debut in 8th - only for both Sauber's to be disqualified.

Unlucky for the Saubers but good news for di Resta. A point on his debut. :thumbsup:

How did Perez manage to keep his tyres from going off? Impressive.

Told to let him pass twice!!!

kingantti1874

kingantti1874

Remember that taking kers out of the car can also have massive advantages in terms of weight distribution and cooling- the main advantage of kers is at the start but the straight is too short in aus and the mclaren were on the dirty side... Will be intereting to see if rbr use it in sepang

Remember that taking kers out of the car can also have massive advantages in terms of weight distribution and cooling- the main advantage of kers is at the start but the straight is too short in aus and the mclaren were on the dirty side... Will be intereting to see if rbr use it in sepang

They'll probably not use it this season if Adrian Newey has anything to do with it. He doesn't want to comprimise the aerodynamics on the car.

Its not like they need it anyway.

They'll probably not use it this season if Adrian Newey has anything to do with it. He doesn't want to comprimise the aerodynamics on the car.

Its not like they need it anyway.

Webber could of done with it at the first corner.

Bert Le Clos

What won it for Vettel was his start. He was over 2.4 seconds ahead after the first lap, and Hamilton wasn't really scrapping for 2nd after the first corner.

Hamilton then lapped roughly the same speed as Vettel until his car started to fall apart, why was Vettel so much quicker to start? Did he then ease of knowing he had a good lead to save his tyres? Doesn't sound like him to me.

I still think Button will feature heavily in this title challenge. Out of all the drivers he knows how to save tyres without losing too much time which I think will be a huge factor this season. He was unlucky to get stuck behing Massa who looks so poor yet defends well. If he'd stayed in 4th from the start he might have run the leaders much, much closer.

The opposite seems to go for Webber. He has the pace to match the best, but gets through his tyres far quicker. He's a much bigger guy than most which will add to his problems.

On todays showing, it's Vettel well clear of Hamilton in 2nd, with Button and Alonso fighting for 4th. I think Webber will have to battle for 5th with a couple of surprise packages.

Could be another good one, especially if McLaren make another significant improvement to their car.

kingantti1874

Hamilton started from the dirty side of the track, well known problem at Melbourne that that side of the track has significantly less traction, hence some wheel spin and he couldn't get on the kers early enough - nearly lost 2nd to webber... Rb need to get kers working for sepang, run up to first corner is much further and no dirty side of track, any cars not running kers will be toast into the first corner at least... Doesn't mean to say they will be slower in race but massive disadvantage on lap 1

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent race today. :thumbsup:

The Red Bulls really are impressive.

Vettel is nearly a race win ahead on points against 2nd placed Button.

Well done to di Resta getting another point and beating Sutil. :thumbsup:

Good stuff today.

kingantti1874

Cant stan vettel or RBR- he does my head in, it was won at the start, Hamilton getting stuck behind heidfeld left him to far back and he raped his tyres constantly being out of position... Im still a bit confused as vettel changed direction 3 times to block Hamilton off the line... Your only supposed to be able to change direction once to block an overtaking car

both hamilton and alonso have been given 20 second penalties for the collision (hamiltons due to multiple moves across the track) alonso doesn't lose his position but hamilton drops from seventh to eigth My link

Webber didn't half get in wrong today.

Why didn't they send him out on the softs?

He'll be even futher back than 17th after the 1st corner with no KERS on his car.

Well done to di Resta on getting into 3rd qualifing for the 1st time. 8th is superb.

Should be a good race tommorrow.

What does everybody think of McLarens new overalls? Looks strange seeing them in red.

kingantti1874

The overalls are changing for every race until Monaco, the first 3 sets this year were desired by boss and the next 3 sets have been designed as part of a comp... looked strange today...

Fantastic from di resta, getting bored of vettel and rbr - hope someone takes points off them tomorrow or will be a boring season if they build up Such a big lead

Webber didn't half get in wrong today.

Why didn't they send him out on the softs?

He'll be even futher back than 17th after the 1st corner with no KERS on his car.

Well done to di Resta on getting into 3rd qualifing for the 1st time. 8th is superb.

Should be a good race tommorrow.

What does everybody think of McLarens new overalls? Looks strange seeing them in red.

Do you no mean18th? Vettel to win and Jenson and Lewis to take 2nd and 3rd. Hope the Force India driver, Paul Di Resa has another geat afternon - one to watch out for in the future. Also hope Alonso fails to gain any points on both the Red Bulls and McLarens.

What (UK) time does the actual race start tomorrow, not just the programme start time?

Ta.

8.00 (am) start time for the race dont know when rerun is shown would guess at 13.00

The overalls are changing for every race until Monaco, the first 3 sets this year were desired by boss and the next 3 sets have been designed as part of a comp... looked strange today...

Fantastic from di resta, getting bored of vettel and rbr - hope someone takes points off them tomorrow or will be a boring season if they build up Such a big lead

Remember RBR like to make an erse of things. :thumbsup:

I think other teams will be watching di Resta. Out qualifing his team mate Sutil 3-0 so far and being a rookie will have alerted others. Sutil is no slouch.

8.00 (am) start time for the race dont know when rerun is shown would guess at 13.00

Thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Don't mind getting up a bit early to watch the race, but I ain't getting out my bed to listen to them waffling on for ages before it!

Walter Bishop

That was funny, Button going into the Red Bull pit for new tyres!!

What an unbelievable mistake to make! Could cost him the race.

Hamilton just going to make the start. Not sure if his car will be 100%.

Fantastic drive by Hamilton, but an even better drive by Webber. :thumbsup:

The tyres are making it a great season. :thumbsup:

Some excellent racing so far this season. long may it continue. :thumbsup:

kingantti1874

Brilliant race and great too see vettel not winning, was looking like he would run away with it but looking tasty now

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Got to agree with all of the above. What a fantastic race and had to laugh at Button stopping in the Red Bull pit.

enjoyed the race myself - full credit to webber for his podium finish - pleased I got up early for it - looking forward to Turkey in a couple of weeks time :thumbsup:

Wasthe best race of the season so far, if you just watch the highlights you'll probably only see halfthe highlights. Great tosee Hamilton back to winning ways.

• 3 weeks later...
Currahee!

Looking forward to the race today. :thumbsup:

Been some decent races in GP2 and GP3 so its looking good for this afternoon.

Can't wait.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

lol @ the shoe maker getting punted out the way by everyone and their mum.

Currahee!

Another excellent race. :thumbsup:

These new Pirelli tyres haven't half spiced up the show.

Can anyone beat Vettel?

Archived