New Lows!

bobskeldon

Just in case there is any doubt....CAN I MAKE MYSELF ABSOLUTELY CLEAR...I AM TAKING THE MORAL HIGH GROUND

and will continue to do so until MY club is rid of the lowlife and vermin who tarnish MY clubs good name!

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

talk about jumping to conclusions. what i was saying is that after every old firm game we here the same old sh1te trumped out about stuff that has always happened. you know full well what songs are going to be sung at games at parkhead yet fans still go and then come on here pretending to be oh so offended.

i never once said you were no longer welcome at tynecastle and just read bobskeldons posts if you dont think some are taking the moral high ground as it was his posts i was replying to.

This is becoming a serious facepalm thread with the amount of utter guff being spouted.

Pretending to be offended? You got into a bit of a flap because someone suggested you didn't know what they were going on about yet you're happy to jump to the conclusion that because we're totally against these songs being sung that we're easily offended.

You seem to know that these songs are getting sung and you've accepted it as the norm, well (I'm speaking for myself here btw) I'm assuming that I'm younger than you are john which would make me part of a new generation of Hearts fan who, I'd like to think anyway, don't want to go to football games and be part of an ongoing slagging match between opposing fans to see who can sing the most offensive songs. I want to go and support Hearts and I want to be part of a crowd who wants to do the same, not part of a crowd of absolute pond-life singing loyalist shite and pish about paedophilia because they've been singing pro-IRA songs and we want to get one-up on them. It's nothing short of pathetic and it really shouldn't be tolerated.

Unfortunately there is just too many people happy to sit back and watch it happen and say "Well it's always been like this". :down:

you've made a lot of sense on this thread. what do we all know deep down? is it the dislike for celtic that attracts the minhuns or something else connected to the wider hearts support?

I'd like to think it wasn't the wider hearts support. I've already made reference to "traditional" fans only turning out when Celtic games are on the go.

The People's Chimp

talk about jumping to conclusions. what i was saying is that after every old firm game we here the same old sh1te trumped out about stuff that has always happened. you know full well what songs are going to be sung at games at parkhead yet fans still go and then come on here pretending to be oh so offended.

i never once said you were no longer welcome at tynecastle and just read bobskeldons posts if you dont think some are taking the moral high ground as it was his posts i was replying to.

I'm not even offended though, just embarrassed. What's wrong with wanting things to change and to hear 90 minutes of hearts songs? If anything would wind up the tims more than anything it would be 90 minutes that didnt let them apply a "mini hun" tag.

Just in case there is any doubt....CAN I MAKE MYSELF ABSOLUTELY CLEAR...I AM TAKING THE MORAL HIGH GROUND

and will continue to do so until MY club is rid of the lowlife and vermin who tarnish MY clubs good name!

YOUR Club?

Do not hide behind what others do. Take some responsibility and answer the questions.

Do you as an individual think that singing songs about child sexual abuse in the company of children and adults who are the victims of child sexual abuse is OK or not?

Do you as an individual think that singing songs about the death of a million people when the ancestors of many of those who suffered are listening e.g. some of my ancestral family died during the famine. Is this OK or not?

i am not hiding behind anything.

no and no is the answer to your questions. do you think singing songs glorifying terrorist organisations is ok? do you think singing homophobic songs is ok? do you think singing songs about paodophilia is ok? do you think shouts of spastic and or mongol is ok? do you think using foul and abusive language in front of small children is ok? do you think shouting "beast" at a man who has been convicted of no criminal offence is ok?

all these things happen at scottish football grounds every week. easily offended people will quite rightly not attend these matches.

now you knew full well what the chanting and shouting would be like at parkhead last nigh didn`t you?

so now you answer the question. why did you go to the game and then complain about behaviour you knew you would witness?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

You don't need to feel sorry for me. It's just a fecking embarrassment as she knows how much hearts mean to me. You could add in the time I took and indian mate and the edinburgh song was belted out. Cringe, but he's a level headed guy with a lot of insight and he knew what a load of pish it was. Still looks out for the hearts from the other side of the world. That's intelligence for you...

Dude, dinnae get offended! Perhaps "feeling sorry for you" was not the best way to put it... I empathise with you, as I have been on a poorly chosen supporters bus to Hampden to watch us win a certain semi-final against Hibs and had to speak the whole way just to distract any possible attention away from 'the chat' going on from the morons around us. Actually, in a weird case of ironic good fate, I was chuffed to bits when the "Oh the Hibees are Gay" song came into creation because it was just a stroke of luck that as the cretins around me in our wee section of the national stadium started to sing "Oh Edinburgh" (with the "Oh The Hibees are gay, **** the Pope and the IRA" intro) The PA had decided to play 'Seven Nations Army' and the song went on a different tangeant and became just: "Oh The Hibees are Gay"... I am no homophobic but seeing my then girlfriends face suddenly go from having a great laugh and a good time, to being made to feel unwelcome and singled out by a large group of tits, all because of her ethnicity... Well let's just say, I was RELIEVED!

Didnae mean to offend you man, just wanted to let you know that I have been in a similar position and it was horrible. :ermm:

I'm not even offended though, just embarrassed. What's wrong with wanting things to change and to hear 90 minutes of hearts songs? If anything would wind up the tims more than anything it would be 90 minutes that didnt let them apply a "mini hun" tag.

Absolutely spot on, sir :thumbsup:

Thats nice, You do realise Hearts fans have always sang these songs and chances are will continue to do so?

Seems to be a lot of people missing each others points all over this thread.

FFS - We're not Rangers fans - Stop acting like them. Those who did last night were an embarrassment. It was cringeworthy at times. Far too many spent their energy shouting at 'Tic fans than cheering on the team. :down:

My point is not about the noising up or what some songs imply - my point is sing Hearts songs.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Thats nice, You do realise Hearts fans have always sang these songs and chances are will continue to do so?

They haven't really though, have they. :rolleyes:

The People's Chimp

why? go on spell it out to me.

what is ridiculous to me is that anybody would go to parkhead and expect to hear anything different from our fans.

You said, and I quote,

"is it interesting? do fans not sing songs which are socially unacceptable every week at football grounds up and down the country.

do those same fans then choose to slag there own supporters off on messageboards. what i find interesting is that you see this as something new and you pick solely on your own support, no mention of IRA chants or the like from the tims or is that ok? does that not offend you?"

It is ridiculous because you are unable to separate hearts fans having an opinion on what hearts fans sing from hearts fans having an opinion on what celtic fans sing. The two are not mutually dependant, and it would be nonsensical in extreme for there to be a required caveat on any post about our own fans that said "and I find IRA songs to be disgusting." So what? I take it as a given that most around here hold the old firm in nothing but contempt. Sheer, unadulterated contempt. So with that contempt in mind, why do you feel the need for "mention of the tims and IRA chants?"

i don`t disagree. i would be more than happy to hear the bigoted element taken completely out of hearts singing and chanting. i sung songs i shouldn`t when i was younger and now realise i was wrong to do so. what i don`t understand is why people go to parkhead knowing full well what they will hear and then come on here saying "this is the worst yet" (which is nonsense, the 80s were much worse) and act like they are morally outraged. people know full well what it will be like at parkhead so why go if it bothers them that much? either go and put up with what you are going to hear or stay away.it`s like banging your head against a brick wall time after time and acting surprised every time it hurts.

The team that bigots follow is completely irrelevant, Scottish football needs rid of them all, Celtic and Rangers fans that visit Tynie are as bad as each other, complete vermin. Anyone who sings songs that are prejudice in anyway is as bad as the vermin that follow Celtic/Rangers and that includes those who claim to follow Hearts but spend their time signing bigoted songs. There is no excuse for bigotry of any form and no justification what so ever, those who claim otherwise are more delluded than Hibs fans who still think they'll finish higher than 10th in the league this year. If anyone on Kickback goes to Hearts games, either home or away but decides it's best to sing the bigoted songs then it's best for everyone that you go shopping with the wife instead

The People's Chimp

i don`t disagree. i would be more than happy to hear the bigoted element taken completely out of hearts singing and chanting. i sung songs i shouldn`t when i was younger and now realise i was wrong to do so. what i don`t understand is why people go to parkhead knowing full well what they will hear and then come on here saying "this is the worst yet" (which is nonsense, the 80s were much worse) and act like they are morally outraged. people know full well what it will be like at parkhead so why go if it bothers them that much? either go and put up with what you are going to hear or stay away.it`s like banging your head against a brick wall time after time and acting surprised every time it hurts.

Nothing wrong with wishing they'd just change the tune and sing hearts songs though. rolleyes.gif

I'd like to think it wasn't the wider hearts support. I've already made reference to "traditional" fans only turning out when Celtic games are on the go.

Or more to the point the wider hearts support being discouraged from attending by all this nonsense

I tend to find Celtic Obsessed Jambos to be irritating, dull, moronic, blowhards(both in person and online) and the idea of being stuck between one of them, a Parkhead steward and the smell of 50,000 sets of rotting teeth for an evening never seems like a particularly wise investment of my time and money. For the COJ on the other hand it seems to be a highlight of the season.

They're welcome to it.

no and no is the answer to your questions. do you think singing songs glorifying terrorist organisations is ok? do you think singing homophobic songs is ok? do you think singing songs about paodophilia is ok? do you think shouts of spastic and or mongol is ok? do you think using foul and abusive language in front of small children is ok? do you think shouting "beast" at a man who has been convicted of no criminal offence is ok?

all these things happen at scottish football grounds every week. easily offended people will quite rightly not attend these matches.

now you knew full well what the chanting and shouting would be like at parkhead last nigh didn`t you?

so now you answer the question. why did you go to the game and then complain about behaviour you knew you would witness?

What a totally ridiculous question. Are you really suggesting that the only choice is to go and ignore or not go at all? What about the opportunity to go, enjoy the football, HATE Celtic as I do BUT challenge unacceptable behaviour.

They haven't really though, have they. :rolleyes:

Cmon Mothy, For as long as I can remember anyway! Just for the record I dont join in with the songs anymore but I did when I was younger and I guarantee alot of people who are now outraged were just the same as me!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Or more to the point the wider hearts support being discouraged from attending by all this nonsense

I tend to find Celtic Obsessed Jambos to be irritating, dull, moronic, blowhards(both in person and online) and the idea of being stuck between one of them, a Parkhead steward and the smell of 50,000 sets of rotting teeth for an evening never seems like a particularly wise investment of my time and money. For the COJ on the other hand it seems to be a highlight of the season.

They're welcome to it.

This is something I agree with completely... Sure these guys go to the games and support the team at away grounds but they probably do more to discourage decent fans than they do in a positive way by being there and being thick and offensive.

The argument will go on and on about Rule Britannia, Hello Hello and the paedo songs, which are slightly more complicated matters. What is unacceptable to the point of no debate are songs such as, I would rather shag a '******' than a tim and walking down the stairs to leave early making nazi salutes. Both of which I saw and heard last night around the ground.

If you want to go and support your team you shouldn't have to suffer the idiots.

I can see where folk are coming from and agree with them.

Personally I just ignore it. But we really shouldn't have to put up with it.

The argument will go on and on about Rule Britannia, Hello Hello and the paedo songs, which are slightly more complicated matters. What is unacceptable to the point of no debate are songs such as, I would rather shag a '******' than a tim and walking down the stairs to leave early making nazi salutes. Both of which I saw and heard last night around the ground.

But it's always happened according to many on here so that's that! Hey Ho!

thats what i thought you meant

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Cmon Mothy, For as long as I can remember anyway! Just for the record I dont join in with the songs anymore but I did when I was younger and I guarantee alot of people who are now outraged were just the same as me!

The songs reflect the times... Since I have been going also, these type of songs were sung, what i meant though is that they were not part of our foundation... To the best of my knowledge, they came along much later than our foundation.

Just to be honest, I used to come out with all sorts of pesh when I was a lad and it was probably more to do with race than religion... I grew up though, I am not proud of the way i was at all but the 30 odd year old me has moved on from that and just wishes there had been more people around me then who would have spoken out against what i was saying and maybe made me think more deeply about what i was doing.

It is hypocritical of me I know but I now cringe like feck when I hear the new batch of kids coming out with this sort of nonsense... The older guys however? They have no excuse... utter filth.

Mmmm.maybe disagree with the outraged people bit,mate.I would argue that that a lot of guys who went 70's/80's and sang certain songs are arguably the guys who are not outraged and let these things go over their heads at the game.I wasn't aware of such outrage before this internet malarky!;)

You said, and I quote,

It is ridiculous because you are unable to separate hearts fans having an opinion on what hearts fans sing from hearts fans having an opinion on what celtic fans sing. The two are not mutually dependant, and it would be nonsensical in extreme for there to be a required caveat on any post about our own fans that said "and I find IRA songs to be disgusting." So what? I take it as a given that most around here hold the old firm in nothing but contempt. Sheer, unadulterated contempt. So with that contempt in mind, why do you feel the need for "mention of the tims and IRA chants?"

the two are most definitely mutually dependant to some degree. if celtic fans didn`t view themselves as an irish catholic club and sing songs about irish terrorist organisations the hearts fans would not sing the shite they sing nearly as much.

also the twice yearly trip to parkhead brings out the worst element of our support and always has and "the tims and ira chants" is largely the reason for this.

so the two things are most definitely linked and strongly.

i happily joined in the songs such as 'you're only here for the ball boys' and 'you only sing when you're beastin'. i found them extremely humorous as did the 99% of our support that joined in.

as for britannia ruling the waves, is that not factual?

Was this song not written by a scotsman as well

As for the peado songs long may they continue any way possible to wind up these glory hunting vermin the better.

I consider myself to be Scottish not British (yes I know everyone is British just as they are European) so I have no interest at all in pro-British songs. Singing those types of songs/bringing certain flags is completely against my political views but I'm not going to stop going to games against Celtic/Hibs just because of the actions of a few fans.

When I lived in Glasgow practically every Old Firm fan I met called me a "mini hun" despite the fact that my views are nothing like those of the "mini-hun" fans. It's unfortunate that other Hearts fans get labelled in the same way as those who are glad child abuse happened so that they can wind-up Celtic fans for example.

I sit in Section G and when I'm at the matches I sing the Hearts songs and don't join in with Rangers-type songs. It doesn't spoil my enjoyment of the game but I'd rather not have to listen to those songs. I'm not going to go up to hundreds of fans and tell them to stop singing it so I just go to the games and support the team and doesn't really bother me too much while I'm at the games. This only really becomes a big issue when we play Celtic anyway.

Most of the time it is just a case of people young and OLD turn into 90 min bigiots at games,most have shouted at stuff at games they wouldnt dream of repeating elsewhere.

The songs reflect the times... Since I have been going also, these type of songs were sung, what i meant though is that they were not part of our foundation... To the best of my knowledge, they came along much later than our foundation.

Just to be honest, I used to come out with all sorts of pesh when I was a lad and it was probably more to do with race than religion... I grew up though, I am not proud of the way i was at all but the 30 odd year old me has moved on from that and just wishes there had been more people around me then who would have spoken out against what i was saying and maybe made me think more deeply about what i was doing.

It is hypocritical of me I know but I now cringe like feck when I hear the new batch of kids coming out with this sort of nonsense... The older guys however? They have no excuse... utter filth.

We are in agreement then, When I see kids waving Union Flags and giving red hand salutes it makes me cringe, The older guys are even worse!

I suppose since I've seen this kind of thing go on at Hearts for years now I've learned to ignore/accept it. Its the same crap every year and nothing really changes, The club says its stamping sectarian singing out but nothing is ever done.

the two are most definitely mutually dependant to some degree. if celtic fans didn`t view themselves as an irish catholic club and sing songs about irish terrorist organisations the hearts fans would not sing the shite they sing nearly as much.

also the twice yearly trip to parkhead brings out the worst element of our support and always has and "the tims and ira chants" is largely the reason for this.

Absolute nonsense. What others may consider themselves to be or whether this consideration drives their behaviour is NO defence and devolved responsibility is a very weak and quite pathetic rationale for individual behaviour.

What a totally ridiculous question. Are you really suggesting that the only choice is to go and ignore or not go at all? What about the opportunity to go, enjoy the football, HATE Celtic as I do BUT challenge unacceptable behaviour.

so what are the other choices bob? lets have a list of other choices.

i say either go and put up with it or don`t go.

enlighten me. what are the other options. also can you answer the points in my other post (aimed at you). the one where i answered your two questions on bigoted and child abuse songs.

The Treasurer

Can I just point out that, as a shareholder they are technically MY club as well and not exclusively yours.

A handful of misguided silly wee laddies who sing nasty songs at 2 games a season are hardly worth getting all steamed up about and as far as I'm concerned are just making an arse of themselves and not "tarnishing the good name of the club" (whatever that may mean).

I seem to remember that after the "minute's silence" for the pope farce that Firework Phil told us that our "good name" was damaged and no decent sponsor would touch us after that.

Doesn't seem to have happened does it. So if 10k Hearts fans booing some foreign religious leader on national tv hasn't done irreparable damage then I hardly think a few wee wannabe hard men are going to bring OUR club to it's knees

I consider myself to be Scottish not British (yes I know everyone is British just as they are European) so I have no interest at all in pro-British songs. Singing those types of songs/bringing certain flags is completely against my political views but I'm not going to stop going to games against Celtic/Hibs just because of the actions of a few fans.

When I lived in Glasgow practically every Old Firm fan I met called me a "mini hun" despite the fact that my views are nothing like those of the "mini-hun" fans. It's unfortunate that other Hearts fans get labelled in the same way as those who are glad child abuse happened so that they can wind-up Celtic fans for example.

I sit in Section G and when I'm at the matches I sing the Hearts songs and don't join in with Rangers-type songs. It doesn't spoil my enjoyment of the game but I'd rather not have to listen to those songs. I'm not going to go up to hundreds of fans and tell them to stop singing it so I just go to the games and support the team and doesn't really bother me too much while I'm at the games. This only really becomes a big issue when we play Celtic anyway.

So any Rangers fan you met in Glasgow called you a mini-hun?:ermm:

Absolute nonsense. What others may consider themselves to be or whether this consideration drives their behaviour is NO defence and devolved responsibility is a very weak and quite pathetic rationale for individual behaviour.

no it isn`t nonsense if the celtic fans chants are not linked in some way to the hearts fans chants i take it we will hear rule brittania at the st johnstone game on saturday then? or see nazi salutes? or hear the famine song?

NO WE WON`T.

you know fine well the two things are linked so it clearly isn`t nonsense.

far more nonsensical to try and seperate the two by mentioning one set of fans and not the other.

So any Rangers fan you met in Glasgow called you a mini-hun?:ermm:

Most Celtic fans I met called me a mini-hun in the usual way that they do. With Rangers fans I sometimes got the patronising "you're a mini-hun so you're ok" nonsense. If it was guys I knew well then they never went on about that type of thing but if I met someone for the first time then that would often be the first reaction from people (especially Celtic fans obviously).

Most Celtic fans I met called me a mini-hun in the usual way that they do. With Rangers fans I sometimes got the patronising "you're a mini-hun so you're ok" nonsense. If it was guys I knew well then they never went on about that type of thing but if I met someone for the first time then that would often be the first reaction from people (especially Celtic fans obviously).

Wisnae having a go,mate but i've never heard the blue side of the old firm use that term too often.

Im no defending nor supporting the singing, but people go on about singing scotland songs etc

Well isnt flower of scotland singing about killing englishmen?

Anyone?

If you want to go and support your team you shouldn't have to suffer the idiots.

I can see where folk are coming from and agree with them.

Personally I just ignore it. But we really shouldn't have to put up with it.

so who decides what is acceptable or not? racism is obviously out. bigotry can not be allowed by some supporters and not others so that quite simply can`t be stamped out in the forseeable future. songs considered homophobic? personal abuse against players? excessive bad language in front of small children? sexual swear words directed at officials?

who decides? how can changes be enforced?

these are the real questions. until they are answered things will stay the same and nobody should rightfully expect them to be any different.

Wisnae having a go,mate but i've never heard the blue side of the old firm use that term too often.

Yeah fair point. It is mainly Celtic fans but I've heard the odd Rangers fan saying it too. Maybe they don't always say mini-hun but I definitely remember one time a couple of years ago when a Rangers fan (who seemed like the type that never went to any games) called me a mini-hun. He was shocked that I wasn't happy at being called a mini-hun. :mellow:

Not so sure I get that bit

so what are the other choices bob? lets have a list of other choices.

i say either go and put up with it or don`t go.

enlighten me. what are the other options. also can you answer the points in my other post (aimed at you). the one where i answered your two questions on bigoted and child abuse songs.

Firstly, in answer to your previous questions firstly I am not easily offended, secondly I find any songs which relate to race, religion, sexual preferences, the death of individuals/groups etc and child sexual abuse abhorrent.

I provided a third option which I will for your benefit repeat...

I hate Celtic and Rangers with a passion.

I want to watch Hearts playing against them.

I want to challenge individuals and Hearts about the behaviour of others who embarrass the club and potentially damage the club whilst I carry on watching matches.

I think Hearts want that too as they make very clear statements in the programme and by loudspeaker about behaviour, there are some who obviously think the club are not talking to them, you seem to be one!

Quick Quiz: Why Do The Club Do This?

is it a) because they are short of advertisers in the programme and have a space to fill B) Scott Wilson doesn't have enough tunes to play or c) because they want fans to behave because bad behaviour is potentially damaging in many ways

I am sure you think it is either a) or B) but you are not quite sure because c) would unfortunately mean that you/others might be doing/condoning something that damages the club you say you love!

PS It's not a real quiz!

And the song goes"up to our knees in ?????? blood" does it not?so wouldnt young fans hearing it over the years not take such lines on board then especially at parkhead shout similar stuff?

The People's Chimp

Yeah fair point. It is mainly Celtic fans but I've heard the odd Rangers fan saying it too. Maybe they don't always say mini-hun but I definitely remember one time a couple of years ago when a Rangers fan (who seemed like the type that never went to any games) called me a mini-hun. He was shocked that I wasn't happy at being called a mini-hun. :mellow:

ur awrite pal, cousins an awwrat big man.

Can I just point out that, as a shareholder they are technically MY club as well and not exclusively yours.

A handful of misguided silly wee laddies who sing nasty songs at 2 games a season are hardly worth getting all steamed up about and as far as I'm concerned are just making an arse of themselves and not "tarnishing the good name of the club" (whatever that may mean).

I seem to remember that after the "minute's silence" for the pope farce that Firework Phil told us that our "good name" was damaged and no decent sponsor would touch us after that.

Doesn't seem to have happened does it. So if 10k Hearts fans booing some foreign religious leader on national tv hasn't done irreparable damage then I hardly think a few wee wannabe hard men are going to bring OUR club to it's knees

Why would anyone think that MY club implies that I have sole ownership/rights to it? They are MY club, you can say "they are MY club" and I promise I won't be upset that you did not include me!

Patrick Bateman

Anyone?

Flower of Scotland, whilst a bit of a dirge, is about Scotland re-discovering its inherent right to self-determination in the face of foreign oppression. Nobody could seriously claim it's a "song about killing English people" unless they have a rather acute and perverse sense of Scottish cringe.

Sorry john but thats shite. We should be bigger and better than that. I've never EVER been tempted to pipe up with the sash or any other sectarian number because they've been singing "up the 'RA" or some other folk song that that lot sing and I'm certain that I am not alone in that.

It's funny how the worst element of our support is only ever at Celtic games. Butter it up all you want john but the fact of the matter is there are absolute bigots amongst our support who love going to parkhead and getting their rocks off calling them all the fenians under the sun.

It's pathetic to suggest that it's Celtic's fault that they come out with their bile.

Archived