New Lows!

bobskeldon

Thought a significant number of our support were even more embarrassing than normal

last night. Not just the usual jolly songs about Brittania ruling the waves, or those rather

catchy ones about child sexual abuse and 'beasting', our cheeky chappies with their 'banter'

gleefully belted out a song about one million people dying through hunger and disease!

And to cap it all during the minutes applause (which in fairness many took part in) for

someone's dad, granda, husband, partner, friend etc) there were shouts of "am no clappin ya

shower o f****n b******s am gald he is deid!

Don't want to hear all the usual "moral brigade" crap, just grow up!

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nucky Thompson

Thought a significant number of our support were even more embarrassing than normal

last night. Not just the usual jolly songs about Brittania ruling the waves, or those rather

catchy ones about child sexual abuse and 'beasting', our cheeky chappies with their 'banter'

gleefully belted out a song about one million people dying through hunger and disease!

And to cap it all during the minutes applause (which in fairness many took part in) for

someone's dad, granda, husband, partner, friend etc) there were shouts of "am no clappin ya

Why start a new thread :ermm: you could've added to the dead celtic fan thread where there loads of other people seithing about our fans

i happily joined in the songs such as 'you're only here for the ball boys' and 'you only sing when you're beastin'. i found them extremely humorous as did the 99% of our support that joined in.

as for britannia ruling the waves, is that not factual?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hard for me to comment on the actions of some guys who (unlike me) were able to make the game, that part deserves credit. The bit that confuses me though is the getting arrested for singing certain songs?? Seems like a stupid thing to do when you could end up with a criminal record (which you would probably have to declare on job appkications in later life) which will follow you around even when you have grown out of it and are embarrassed about it in later life.

I'm not going to bother with the moral argument about it, there's no point, but surely some of the older guys that are with/know them are able to give them good advice like not potentially fecking up your life over... Singing a bloody song...

We_are_the_Hearts

i happily joined in the songs such as 'you're only here for the ball boys' and 'you only sing when you're beastin'. i found them extremely humorous as did the 99% of our support that joined in.

as for britannia ruling the waves, is that not factual?

Fact or not fact what has it got to do with an SPL football game? Pretty sad that some of our supporters lower themselves to be the same as the filth from the Weeg. Mainly brainless youngsters who don't know much better. There are also a few older sados in there, probably still stay with their mum :lol:

Fact or not fact what has it got to do with an SPL football game? Pretty sad that some of our supporters lower themselves to be the same as the filth from the Weeg. Mainly brainless youngsters who don't know much better. There are also a few older sados in there, probably still stay with their mum :lo

people like you do my head in. i bet you're one of these folk that complain to the bbc when you hear a swear word before the watershed.

it is obviously lost on you and your do good mates but rule britannia is sung at parkhead to wind them up. pure and simple. do you ever hear this sung at tynie or anywhere else? nope.

if you don't want to hear offensive songs with expletives them put in far plugs or simply foot go.

and for the record i run my own business, have my own place and earn a very decent living.

We_are_the_Hearts

people like you do my head in. i bet you're one of these folk that complain to the bbc when you hear a swear word before the watershed.

it is obviously lost on you and your do good mates but rule britannia is sung at parkhead to wind them up. pure and simple. do you ever hear this sung at tynie or anywhere else? nope.

if you don't want to hear offensive songs with expletives them put in far plugs or simply foot go.

and for the record i run my own business, have my own place and earn a very decent living.

Me a do gooder, that's a new one. Doubt you would say that about my mates if you met them. It's not a wind up for some of them though, religion rules and clouds their judgements through life. Sad in my opinion and they need to get more going on in their life. :lol:

Some of the fans at games are proud to be utter vermin.

They even enjoy coming on here and flaunting it.

A dire embarrassed to the club and themselves.

I wouldn't complain if the club got hammered for it as it might force them into doing something about such chumps.

Good for you. Doesn't change the fact you sound like an utter welt.

We sang rule Britania at school assemblies in primary school. Are the rules now that if your Scottish, your not British? Confusing. I really don't see what the fascination is with this song for some people. As has been mentioned, this is only sung at parkhead to noise up their fans.

We lower ourselves to their level when we try to emulate the Hun chorus at Parkhead.

Our club should be above that.

The fact of the matter is that football attracts a wide and varied range of society, there will always be fans that are racist, bigoted, wife beaters, etc etc. Thats just life and there's not much we can do about it.

The People's Chimp

We lower ourselves to their level when we try to emulate the Hun chorus at Parkhead.

Exactly.

Go along and sing the hearts song, the european song, south morocco, silvery moon, drew busby, oh when the hearts...

Instead it's endless paedo this, and beast that. I'm actually worried about some people's obsession with celtic and paedophilia. I just hope it isn't based on latency.

The term Diet Huns was made for nights like last night I'm afraid.

However I am more worried about poorly we have played the last 2 games than what was sung or not sung.

That's why I don't go to Parkhead anymore.Too many utter fannys go and sit in the Hearts end and sing Rangers songs.

Bunch of knobs.

:thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

That's why I don't go to Parkhead anymore.Too many utter fannys go and sit in the Hearts end and sing Rangers songs.

Bunch of knobs.

Exactly why I don't go too mate, well put.

Patrick Bateman

I take it the same people who sing Rule Britannia to "noise up Timothy" are up for a few chants of "Oh ah up the ra" and a medley of Irish folk tunes when we go to Ibrox, aye? Otherwise you'd be nothing but hypocrites :thumbsup:

mulleted_jambo

I'd say about 80%(me included) joined in the minuites applause. The rest just stood there arms folded or chatting amongste their mates. A couple of idiots probably did shout something like the OP said but shock horror there were a couple of idiots in the Hearts support at Parkhead.. whatever next.

Mwa Mwa Mwa boo hoo, Hearts fans are awful. What next taking videos and grassing up our own fans.:down:

I wouldn't mind that if it removed the brain dead vermin from the games.

I take it the same people who sing Rule Britannia to "noise up Timothy" are up for a few chants of "Oh ah up the ra" and a medley of Irish folk tunes when we go to Ibrox, aye? Otherwise you'd be nothing but hypocrites :thumbsup:

Think we should leave the pretending to be oirish to the west coasters :thumbsup:

If it's not a song about hearts, or ridiculing hibs, personally I'm not interested but I go to the match to watch the game and not listen to the songs. If folk want to make tits of themselves, it's their downfall but has no effect on me. I'd imagine if we'd humped them 4-0 we'd have stuck to the songbook the whole game!

jack D and coke

How long have people been going to football matches on here yet still get offended by pish like this. To be honest the tims can sing whatever they want and I don't particularly care what our fans sing either as long as it conjures up some atmosphere.

I've never been offended by anything I've heard sang at a football match. They sing stuff to wind us up and we do it back, shock horror.

Have any of you ever been to a rugby match? Is that what you want? Everybody being nice to each other and sitting bored out your skull? Not for me like. Celtic fans are my most loathed but I don't want them to be nice to me. I love to hate them and all that they stand for. Vermin.

Guest vanbasten1874

How long have people been going to football matches on here yet still get offended by pish like this. To be honest the tims can sing whatever they want and I don't particularly care what our fans sing either as long as it conjures up some atmosphere.

I've never been offended by anything I've heard sang at a football match. They sing stuff to wind us up and we do it back, shock horror.

Have any of you ever been to a rugby match? Is that what you want? Everybody being nice to each other and sitting bored out your skull? Not for me like. Celtic fans are my most loathed but I don't want them to be nice to me. I love to hate them and all that they stand for. Vermin.

Agree totally with this :thumbsup:

williamgerrard

I was at the game last night and i regularly attend scotland games aswell i dont like the rule brittania song myslef bur seriously some people on here need to get a life when we go to parkhead we get subjected to pro ira songs n etc from 50k of there fans so what if our fans start singing rangers songs just to wind up there fans (witch is the only time you will ever hear me sing gers songs is at parkhead ) I was singing scottish songs towards gers fans last sat.But what pisses me off is the keyboard junkies on here who dont actually go to away games and all they can do is slag of our fans get a grip stop hiding behind a keyboard.And 1 thing i dont like is fans grasing up other fans and recording them as that could be classed as beasting AND IF YOU DONT LIKE THE SONGS dont go to football

Guildford_Jambo

Fact or not fact what has it got to do with an SPL football game? Pretty sad that some of our supporters lower themselves to be the same as the filth from the Weeg. Mainly brainless youngsters who don't know much better. There are also a few older sados in there, probably still stay with their mum :lol:

Well said

Some of our 'fans' need to have a serious look at themselves

I was at the game last night and i regularly attend scotland games aswell i dont like the rule brittania song myslef bur seriously some people on here need to get a life when we go to parkhead we get subjected to pro ira songs n etc from 50k of there fans so what if our fans start singing rangers songs just to wind up there fans (witch is the only time you will ever hear me sing gers songs is at parkhead ) I was singing scottish songs towards gers fans last sat.But what pisses me off is the keyboard junkies on here who dont actually go to away games and all they can do is slag of our fans get a grip stop hiding behind a keyboard.And 1 thing i dont like is fans grasing up other fans and recording them as that could be classed as beasting

Are songs about child sexual abuse or approx 1 million people dying OK as well?

YAWN

williamgerrard

Are songs about child sexual abuse or approx 1 million people dying OK as well?

Its called winding the rival fans up mate and belive it or not songs we sing at parkhead really winds them up some people just need to relise they songs only get sung to wind the celtic fans up its like when both the oldfirm come to tynie they sing sectarian songs all the time and get away with it im no saying its the best way to act but its does the trick as it really winds them up its called creating a atompshere but if you dont like the songs its simple go and follow golf or some other sport where you wont be offened

Sterling Archer

I'd like an answer to this from those defending the singing.

I see "creating an atmosphere" and "just winding rival fans up" has become the new "PC gone mad". The amount of cloaks that some moronic cretins hide behind is astonishing.

@the OP

Well said

I'm firmly in the hearts songs only camp but singing a song about Britain can't really be argued to singing about IRA etc when I presume the folk singing it are British and not Irish. We could go round I circles forever about shit songs sung at football grounds, I doubt many teams fans are whiter than white

We_are_the_Hearts

Exactly, after all it is just a wind up and this would wind up the Gers fans! :rolleyes:

Over the last few days we've seen some wonderful justification for bigotry, sexism and downright knuckledragging. If you want to hold these views and sing these songs then grow a pair and just admit that these are your views. Its one thing not wanting to confront a group of pissed up football fans about their behavious, its another thing trying to justify views that rangers fans would be proud of.

The Treasurer

I was at the game last night and i regularly attend scotland games aswell i dont like the rule brittania song myslef bur seriously some people on here need to get a life when we go to parkhead we get subjected to pro ira songs n etc from 50k of there fans so what if our fans start singing rangers songs just to wind up there fans (witch is the only time you will ever hear me sing gers songs is at parkhead ) I was singing scottish songs towards gers fans last sat.But what pisses me off is the keyboard junkies on here who dont actually go to away games and all they can do is slag of our fans get a grip stop hiding behind a keyboard.And 1 thing i dont like is fans grasing up other fans and recording them as that could be classed as beasting AND IF YOU DONT LIKE THE SONGS dont go to football

Not having a go as I agree with most of your post but I see Rule Britannia as more of an ingerlund song then a huns one.

As such I find pro-terrorist songs (whichever "side" they are on) far more offensive than some last night of the proms crap.

williamgerrard

Well heres a shock for you i was brought up a Protestant but after i while i grew out of that and ive had plenty of catholic girl freinds plus most of my mates are catholic soim not bigoted.And i actually hate rangers more than celtic for the fact is they are mostly scottish but would rather support england and im scottish and dont like being classed as brittish but when i goto parkhead i know singing brittish songs wind them up thats only time you will ever hear me sing they songs but seriously the keyboard brigade need to shut up and instaed of bashing keyboards go out and support your team

Sterling Archer

I'm firmly in the hearts songs only camp but singing a song about Britain can't really be argued to singing about IRA etc when I presume the folk singing it are British and not Irish. We could go round I circles forever about shit songs sung at football grounds, I doubt many teams fans are whiter than white

Yeah but the point many are making that it's nothing to do with the fact it's British, it's all because "it winds up the opposition fans".

The People's Chimp

I made the point earlier, and it was pretty much ignored, but we have a great hearts songbook, which is never wheeled out on these occasions. 90 minutes of hearts songs would be a lot more effective than 90 minutes of the cringeworthy faux moralist paedo songbook.

I wonder why not?

Is it because some of those that go to Parkhead don't go to other games and don't really know the words? It's a genuine question; every time we play sellick, where I sit in section P there's usually a fair few seats a wee bit along in section N upper which are empty. They're not great seats with probably the worst view at tynie, yet whenever sellick come, that area is sold out and most of the section ends up standing and give it the big jock knew for the entire game. They are never sitting/standing there at any other games.

Im no defending nor supporting the singing, but people go on about singing scotland songs etc

Well isnt flower of scotland singing about killing englishmen?

Its called winding the rival fans up mate and belive it or not songs we sing at parkhead really winds them up some people just need to relise they songs only get sung to wind the celtic fans up its like when both the oldfirm come to tynie they sing sectarian songs all the time and get away with it im no saying its the best way to act but its does the trick as it really winds them up its called creating a atompshere but if you dont like the songs its simple go and follow golf or some other sport where you wont be offened

So, if a child who happens to be at the match with or without his/her abuser and finds these references to child sexual abuse humiliating or frightening (I am aware these words and the general point may be too difficult for many on here)

are you saying that the child is 'collateral damage' in this wind up?

Guildford_Jambo

I made the point earlier, and it was pretty much ignored, but we have a great hearts songbook, which is never wheeled out on these occasions. 90 minutes of hearts songs would be a lot more effective than 90 minutes of the cringeworthy faux moralist paedo songbook.

I wonder why not?

Is it because some of those that go to Parkhead don't go to other games and don't really know the words? It's a genuine question; every time we play sellick, where I sit in section P there's usually a fair few seats a wee bit along in section N upper which are empty. They're not great seats with probably the worst view at tynie, yet whenever sellick come, that area is sold out and most of the section ends up standing and give it the big jock knew for the entire game. They are never sitting/standing there at any other games.

they are NEDs

The People's Chimp

I'll tell you what is embarrassing, taking my (of lapsed catholic ancestry) girlfriend along to tynie to use my dad's ST and having to try and explain why we're up to our knees in fenian blood...

:facepalm:

Guildford_Jambo

I'll tell you what is embarrassing, taking my (of lapsed catholic ancestry) girlfriend along to tynie to use my dad's ST and having to try and explain why we're up to our knees in fenian blood...

:facepalm:

It really is disgusting. No place in society for these Kn*bs

I wonder why not?

Because sadly there is a rather large bunch of *******s within our support who LIVE to go to Hearts Celtic games and get it up the Celtic fans by singing Rangers songs. I'd put good money on the fact that they very rarely go to other games...whether that's because they can't be arsed or are in the jail is a different question.

People defending this bunch of low-lifes are just as bad in all honesty...oh it's just to noise up the Celtic fans...pish. I think singing Hearts songs for 90 minutes would wind them up a lot more because then they couldn't get their rocks off calling us mini-huns. But then that would require a brain to think of that.

I know I said on the other thread that it doesn't bother me as much as the result, which is true, but seriously there are some alleged fans who genuinely make me feel ashamed to be associated with the same club as they are.

If this makes me part of the PC Hand Wringers Brigade then so be it, I'd rather that than be a bigoted **** who gets thrills from being a bigoted prick for 90 minutes at the weekend because it's, sadly, "acceptable".

Yeah but the point many are making that it's nothing to do with the fact it's British, it's all because "it winds up the opposition fans".

I totally agree with what you're saying. Its not something we (hearts) should be resorting to when our original songbook is so good. It just irks me when people say their offended by the actual song when I, as every other Scotsman should, class myself as british. That said, I also believe it has no place in football as a wind up and the way it's sang against Celtic could be classed as racism and vice versa. It's a shame we couldn't do our talking on the park last night!

Archived