New Lows!

bobskeldon

The People's Chimp

It really is disgusting. No place in society for these Kn*bs

I don't know if Hello, Hello is disgusting as such. I just think it's embarrassing. The same with the tea towel brigade.

As for Hello, Hello, it's the slight titillation of the taboo which has otherwise rational people slotting in "fenian blood" instead of hibee blood, for instance. Why not just sing hibee? What's the fecking point? People go on about losing the right to sing hello, hello, but if they applied common sense they could sing it every week.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sterling Archer

I totally agree with what you're saying. Its not something we (hearts) should be resorting to when our original songbook is so good. It just irks me when people say their offended by the actual song when I, as every other Scotsman should, class myself as british. That said, I also believe it has no place in football as a wind up and the way it's sang against Celtic could be classed as racism and vice versa. It's a shame we couldn't do our talking on the park last night!

I see your point, the song itself isn't "offensive" in the way that a racist/homophobic song is offensive, just not necessary in the situation.

Hearts of Vladland
Hard for me to comment on the actions of some guys who (unlike me) were able to make the game, that part deserves credit. The bit that confuses me though is the getting arrested for singing certain songs?? Seems like a stupid thing to do when you could end up with a criminal record (which you would probably have to declare on job appkications in later life) which will follow you around even when you have grown out of it and are embarrassed about it in later life.

I'm not going to bother with the moral argument about it, there's no point, but surely some of the older guys that are with/know them are able to give them good advice like not potentially fecking up your life over... Singing a bloody song...

What songs that were sung last night would get you a criminal record?

The People's Chimp

Because sadly there is a rather large bunch of *******s within our support who LIVE to go to Hearts Celtic games and get it up the Celtic fans by singing Rangers songs. I'd put good money on the fact that they very rarely go to other games...whether that's because they can't be arsed or are in the jail is a different question.

People defending this bunch of low-lifes are just as bad in all honesty...oh it's just to noise up the Celtic fans...pish. I think singing Hearts songs for 90 minutes would wind them up a lot more because then they couldn't get their rocks off calling us mini-huns. But then that would require a brain to think of that.

I know I said on the other thread that it doesn't bother me as much as the result, which is true, but seriously there are some alleged fans who genuinely make me feel ashamed to be associated with the same club as they are.

If this makes me part of the PC Hand Wringers Brigade then so be it, I'd rather that than be a bigoted **** who gets thrills from being a bigoted prick for 90 minutes at the weekend because it's, sadly, "acceptable".

Spot on. What they don't realise, or do realise but as it's not part of their agenda can't accept, is that 90 minutes of pure hearts songs would be 100 times more effective than the embarrassing tripe we get currently.

Going back to the example I gave, it's funny that these "real fans" only turn up at 2 home games per season....rolleyes.gif

Guildford_Jambo

Because sadly there is a rather large bunch of *******s within our support who LIVE to go to Hearts Celtic games and get it up the Celtic fans by singing Rangers songs. I'd put good money on the fact that they very rarely go to other games...whether that's because they can't be arsed or are in the jail is a different question.

People defending this bunch of low-lifes are just as bad in all honesty...oh it's just to noise up the Celtic fans...pish. I think singing Hearts songs for 90 minutes would wind them up a lot more because then they couldn't get their rocks off calling us mini-huns. But then that would require a brain to think of that.

I know I said on the other thread that it doesn't bother me as much as the result, which is true, but seriously there are some alleged fans who genuinely make me feel ashamed to be associated with the same club as they are.

If this makes me part of the PC Hand Wringers Brigade then so be it, I'd rather that than be a bigoted **** who gets thrills from being a bigoted prick for 90 minutes at the weekend because it's, sadly, "acceptable".

These low lifes make me sick

Hearts of Vladland
It really is disgusting.??No place in society for these Kn*bs

I am sorry but every post you have made in the past day has slated song that are made to offend opposing fans, beasts etc. Do you want us to go to football and be friends and sit next to opposing fans?

I am sorry but every post you have made in the past day has slated song that are made to offend opposing fans, beasts etc. Do you want us to go to football and be friends and sit next to opposing fans?

Why do we need to sing songs to offend opposition fans though...and how come we only ever go all hardcore on the offensive front when we go to Parkhead?

I think deep down we all know the answer :rolleyes:

Why do we need to sing songs to offend opposition fans though...and how come we only ever go all hardcore on the offensive front when we go to Parkhead?

This. No need for offensive, bigoted or racist songs. That should be left for the uglies to shame thereselves with. We manage not to embarrass ourselves against other teams

Is Scotland not in Britain?

So yours was a geographical rather than political distinction then? Clearly then, asssuming you were born in scotland, you can class yourself as 'british'. Good. To say that being born in scotland means that you must classify yourself as british in a political sense is, as i'm sure you know, ridiculous.

Well, the songs you laud are clearly political rather than geographical. If you want to sing songs about the geography of britain then go ahead.

Interesting that this has turned into a simple debate about 'Rule Brittania or Hello, Hello' and whether being Scottish is British or not. Very few if any have

dared state whether he/she believes that singing about child sexual abuse in the company of many children or adults who are historically or currently victims

of child sexual abuse is 'funny'.

the title of this thread is probably the most inaccurate title for a thread ever.

nothing new just the same old tired, moralistic, holier than thou attitude after every old firm away game.

it`s been going on since at least the early 80s and the only surprising thing about it is that supporters who are offended so much by this type of chanting keep subjecting themselves to this torture.

There seems to be this delusional attitude amongst many football fans.....

That the team someone supports; somehow reflects their character, political views, religious beliefs, lifestyle choice and social background.

I realise some take this stance in a Tongue n' cheek way, but others really actually believe this.

In most cases the only thing you're footy team says about you is.... That you're old man also supported this team and took you to see them when you were a kid.

In my life I have met.. A prodistant Celtic fan, a theif who supports hearts, an accountant rangers fan, a hibs fan from craiglockhart (quite posh).

Hearts mean a lot to me, but I'm not gonna degrade myself by singing daft songs about unrelated nonsense!!

The Treasurer

I think deep down we all know the answer

Is it because sellik and their disgusting, terrorist loving inbred fans are the lowest vermin known to man and have treated us like shite for years and therefore have managed to build up a deep rooted hatred for everything connected with that so-called football club. ?

Is that the right answer ? smile.gif

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Its embarassing to most of us but what can you do? These guys seem to take just as much pleasure in winding up the Jambos that dissagree with them as they do the opposition, it's not like they are going to change because a few hand-wringers like we are dubbed tell them they are scuum.

jamboinglasgow

I'll tell you what is embarrassing, taking my (of lapsed catholic ancestry) girlfriend along to tynie to use my dad's ST and having to try and explain why we're up to our knees in fenian blood...

:facepalm:

What i find daft about that song, is that ones who sing that song say we should sing it as it is great song at raising the crowd. And it is a great rousing song, all it needs is to change TWO words. That's all, one the one u have mentioned, the other calling ourselves the gorgie BILLY boys. Last night I sang all the hearts songs but refused to sing the "other" songs.

Is it because sellik and their disgusting, terrorist loving inbred fans are the lowest vermin known to man and have treated us like shite for years and therefore have managed to build up a deep rooted hatred for everything connected with that so-called football club. ?

Is that the right answer ? smile.gif

Nice try...but no. :D

I can quite happily say that I have a hatred for Celtic and Rangers that I don't think anything can surpass.....yet I don't feel the need to sing offensive songs towards either of them. I save my singing for songs that encourage Hearts. Would be nice to hear everyone else do the same but sadly, there is a group of alleged fans who just can't help themselves when Celtic are involved.

Interesting that this has turned into a simple debate about 'Rule Brittania or Hello, Hello' and whether being Scottish is British or not. Very few if any have

dared state whether he/she believes that singing about child sexual abuse in the company of many children or adults who are historically or currently victims

of child sexual abuse is 'funny'.

is it interesting? do fans not sing songs which are socially unacceptable every week at football grounds up and down the country.

do those same fans then choose to slag there own supporters off on messageboards. what i find interesting is that you see this as something new and you pick solely on your own support, no mention of IRA chants or the like from the tims or is that ok? does that not offend you?

The Treasurer

Nice try...but no. :D

I can quite happily say that I have a hatred for Celtic and Rangers that I don't think anything can surpass.....yet I don't feel the need to sing offensive songs towards either of them. I save my singing for songs that encourage Hearts. Would be nice to hear everyone else do the same but sadly, there is a group of alleged fans who just can't help themselves when Celtic are involved.

I too try to encourage my team rather than wind up the opposition but I do genuinely think that the reason's I gave in my previous post are correct.

Not saying it makes them right or acceptable but that is why some fans behave in a totally different way when we are playing sellik

I too try to encourage my team rather than wind up the opposition but I do genuinely think that the reason's I gave in my previous post are correct.

Not saying it makes them right or acceptable but that is why some fans behave in a totally different way when we are playing sellik

Wasn't trying to suggest you did anything different :thumbsup:

However, I disagree, I think there are more "traditional" reasons for their hatred for all things Celtic :rolleyes:

jamboinglasgow

is it interesting? do fans not sing songs which are socially unacceptable every week at football grounds up and down the country.

do those same fans then choose to slag there own supporters off on messageboards. what i find interesting is that you see this as something new and you pick solely on your own support, no mention of IRA chants or the like from the tims or is that ok? does that not offend you?

Two wrongs don't make a right. If u want to show shameful chants from the Celtic fans, chanting unacceptable chants back does not mean u win only makes Hearts look just as bad (and usually allows Celtic fans to get away with there shameful songs.)

So yours was a geographical rather than political distinction then? Clearly then, asssuming you were born in scotland, you can class yourself as 'british'. Good. To say that being born in scotland means that you must classify yourself as british in a political sense is, as i'm sure you know, ridiculous.

Well, the songs you laud are clearly political rather than geographical. If you want to sing songs about the geography of britain then go ahead.

I didn't realise there was a choice to being British or not. If there is then I apologise for my generalising statement :thumbsup: the only point I was making was that it shouldnt offend people but at the same time shouldn't be used in a point scoring mannor against Irish songs. The main point is it should be Hearts against Celtic, two teams playing a game of football. Not Britain or Scotland Vs Ireland. Leave all that cringeworthy stuff to the Ugly sisters

Patrick Bateman

What i find daft about that song, is that ones who sing that song say we should sing it as it is great song at raising the crowd. And it is a great rousing song, all it needs is to change TWO words. That's all, one the one u have mentioned, the other calling ourselves the gorgie BILLY boys. Last night I sang all the hearts songs but refused to sing the "other" songs.

I'm sure there are tunes from the Third Reich which are rousing. It doesn't mean they should be sung. It's just an excuse for the Diet Hun morons amongst our support to embarrass the club. Jingoistic drivel sung by Ned trash, just like all the other Hun party tunes that these morons adopt whilst we play Celtic. I find it hysterical that these creatures try to take the moral high ground because "They were singing about the IRA/we are showing support for Hearts" - You'd think the countless dead and peace process would have shunted them into the 20th century at least? Well, apparently not. But hey, it's just a banter, eh? :rolleyes:

Don't like the song myself, but since when has Rule Britannia become a Rangers song? I personally didn't hear one Rangers song last night, and i'm sure if someone started one, words would have been had.

The Treasurer

Wasn't trying to suggest you did anything different :thumbsup:

However, I disagree, I think there are more "traditional" reasons for their hatred for all things Celtic :rolleyes:

Didn't think you were suggesting I wasn't a "true" fan smile.gif

You're no doubt correct about a few peoples reasons for their opinion of sellik but speaking for myself and most people I know the reasons I gave why I/we hate them more than any other club on the planet (and I include the hobos)

Hearts of Vladland

I wasn't on about the whole sash bash just songs made to wind up opposing fans that aren't sectarian e.g 'Only here for the ball boys', we sing offensive songs against Rangers so it is hardly because we are mini huns etc. Also are we going to have to stop 110 in a row because it offends Hibs fans that are passionate about there history?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Look I know it is offensive but you really just need to make a decision about it if it offends you so much, have a go at them and risk reprisals, stop going, report them to the polis/club or just get on with it and live with it.

I chose to live with it, others chose different routes, mine affords me to do little more than blank it out and concentrate on the match, dunno if this is the right thing to do but... Any time I have questioned this sort of thing in the past, I have been slagged off for being overly moralistic and being a hand-wringer... I found that being dubbed this does not rally people to your cause, it scares them off from speaking out.

I feel bad for Liquidator and his GF situation at the games, perhaps I would be even more raging than him if when I take my fiance on Saturday, there was a risk of "Oh Edinburgh" being sung in her face... Thankfully though (from my point of view) society seems to have eradicated this from games, with any luck bigotry will follow.

Patrick Bateman

Don't like the song myself, but since when has Rule Britannia become a Rangers song? I personally didn't hear one Rangers song last night, and i'm sure if someone started one, words would have been had.

When they became the only set of fans en mass to sing it. What a pathetic, backwards country we are at times. Dragged one way by psuedo-Irish nationalists and the other by Uber-Unionist huns. But hey, it's all banter, it's hilarious eh? :unsure: I wonder when the neds on all sides will get better patter?

Two wrongs don't make a right. If u want to show shameful chants from the Celtic fans, chanting unacceptable chants back does not mean u win only makes Hearts look just as bad (and usually allows Celtic fans to get away with there shameful songs.)

i don`t disagree but our support are not a bunch of choirboys. as i stated earlier this has gone on for at least 25-30 years. why the outrage after every match at parkhead?

i sung stupid songs like those mentioned when i was a kid and i would be willing to bet lots of other hypocritical posters did as well. also if bigotry and child abuse songs are deemed unacceptable is singing songs mentioning "gay" as an insult ok?

I wasn't on about the whole sash bash just songs made to wind up opposing fans that aren't sectarian e.g 'Only here for the ball boys', we sing offensive songs against Rangers so it is hardly because we are mini huns etc. Also are we going to have to stop 110 in a row because it offends Hibs fans that are passionate about there history?

There's a huge difference between singing 110 in a row and singing songs relating to paedophilia, and there are nowhere near as many vile songs towards Rangers as Celtic. I'm not defending Celtic or anyone for that matter, I just think it's ridiculous to be coming out with songs that you ALWAYS hear at Celtic Park and suggesting that you're only doing it because the big bad Celtic men were singing IRA songs. It's pathetic.

When they became the only set of fans en mass to sing it. What a pathetic, backwards country we are at times. Dragged one way by psuedo-Irish nationalists and the other by Uber-Unionist huns. But hey, it's all banter, it's hilarious eh? :unsure: I wonder when the neds on all sides will get better patter?

So you're suggesting that everyone at the last night of the proms is a Rangers fan :mellow: Like i said i don't agree with it at all, but it, first and foremost, is not a Rangers song. Didn't say it was hilarious, or "banter".

the title of this thread is probably the most inaccurate title for a thread ever.

nothing new just the same old tired, moralistic, holier than thou attitude after every old firm away game.

it`s been going on since at least the early 80s and the only surprising thing about it is that supporters who are offended so much by this type of chanting keep subjecting themselves to this torture.

I titled it 'New Lows' because for me there were 'new' elements e.g. never heard the famine song sung with such gusto! For me, I have been going to Celtic Park to watch my team play for many decades

and last night reached an all time low on the 'lowlife' scale. Therefore for me, that is new although in response to your "same old tired" statement, unfortunately you don't understand that morals and values

and decency don't have a shelf life, they don't go off after a certain time, you do not throw them out!

Patrick Bateman

So you're suggesting that everyone at the last night of the proms is a Rangers fan :mellow: Like i said i don't agree with it at all, but it, first and foremost, is not a Rangers song. Didn't say it was hilarious, or "banter".

No, although the Last night of the Proms is another repellent show of Anglo jingoism. Do any other football fans sing it, other than Rangers fans? Would we hear it at Tynecastle in a match against St Johnstone, for example? Nope. I wouldn't want to be associated with the greasy looking pikies who wave Union flags and sing that drivel to 'wind up' certain opponents. The only thing it does is to disgrace the club and drags us down to the level of the cancerous filth in Glasgow.

Do not hide behind what others do. Take some responsibility and answer the questions.

Do you as an individual think that singing songs about child sexual abuse in the company of children and adults who are the victims of child sexual abuse is OK or not?

Do you as an individual think that singing songs about the death of a million people when the ancestors of many of those who suffered are listening e.g. some of my ancestral family died during the famine. Is this OK or not?

The People's Chimp

What a load of pish. There might have been a couple of "moral high ground" posts, but the vast majority have been reasoned, intelligent and, above all, correct.

As for your comments about no longer subjecting ourselves to this torture, your implication is that, if I find singing about fenians in the company of my catholic girlfriend to be offensive then I'm no longer welcome at tynecastle. Essentially that is the logical implication of what you have said. Go away and have a word with yourself, because that is utterly ridiculous.

What a load of pish. There might have been a couple of "moral high ground" posts, but the vast majority have been reasoned, intelligent and, above all, correct.

As for your comments about no longer subjecting ourselves to this torture, your implication is that, if I find singing about fenians in the company of my catholic girlfriend to be offensive then I'm no longer welcome at tynecastle. Essentially that is the logical implication of what you have said. Go away and have a word with yourself, because that is utterly ridiculous.

Absolutely, but you might have to use simpler language for some on here as words like 'utterly' are one syllable too many!

I titled it 'New Lows' because for me there were 'new' elements e.g. never heard the famine song sung with such gusto! For me, I have been going to Celtic Park to watch my team play for many decades

and last night reached an all time low on the 'lowlife' scale. Therefore for me, that is new although in response to your "same old tired" statement, unfortunately you don't understand that morals and values

and decency don't have a shelf life, they don't go off after a certain time, you do not throw them out!

don`t tell me what i do and do not understand as you know nothing about me.

if you have been going for many decades you will surely remember the 80s when johny doyle died and the rather unpleasant songs sung about that along with thousands upon thousands of jambos singing loyalist anthems?

it has always gone on. you know full well it has. always has and always will so if it offends you so much why go to games where you know it will happen?

does the hi-bees are gay song offend you? who decides on what is morally right and wrong in a football crowd?

Racism, raping, child abuse etc. have been going on for a lot longer than that, how the feck does the fact that it's been going on for 30 years make it any more acceptable now?

Why should I have to feel I can't go to Parkhead and watch Hearts because of a bunch of welts who want to go there with an altogether different agenda? As has already been said on here, while the result was important to every person there, I bet there were a few who thought noising up the Celtic support was equally important.

But then they must be better fans than those who don't go to away games, because they pay their own money to go and watch. Aye that'll be worth a lot to Hearts when we eventually get fined for singing sectarian songs.

The People's Chimp

Another ridiculous post. Truly, utterly, ridiculous.

if you have been going to "that place" for many decades then I am most suprised that you find last nights behaviour was the worst ever. We used to take over 6000 on occasion and sometimes a good deal more. The percentage of Hearts supporters that are bigots must have increased many times over ify ou are correct in your opinion

The People's Chimp

Look I know it is offensive but you really just need to make a decision about it if it offends you so much, have a go at them and risk reprisals, stop going, report them to the polis/club or just get on with it and live with it.

I chose to live with it, others chose different routes, mine affords me to do little more than blank it out and concentrate on the match, dunno if this is the right thing to do but... Any time I have questioned this sort of thing in the past, I have been slagged off for being overly moralistic and being a hand-wringer... I found that being dubbed this does not rally people to your cause, it scares them off from speaking out.

I feel bad for Liquidator and his GF situation at the games, perhaps I would be even more raging than him if when I take my fiance on Saturday, there was a risk of "Oh Edinburgh" being sung in her face... Thankfully though (from my point of view) society seems to have eradicated this from games, with any luck bigotry will follow.

You don't need to feel sorry for me. It's just a fecking embarrassment as she knows how much hearts mean to me. You could add in the time I took and indian mate and the edinburgh song was belted out. Cringe, but he's a level headed guy with a lot of insight and he knew what a load of pish it was. Still looks out for the hearts from the other side of the world. That's intelligence for you...

talk about jumping to conclusions. what i was saying is that after every old firm game we here the same old sh1te trumped out about stuff that has always happened. you know full well what songs are going to be sung at games at parkhead yet fans still go and then come on here pretending to be oh so offended.

i never once said you were no longer welcome at tynecastle and just read bobskeldons posts if you dont think some are taking the moral high ground as it was his posts i was replying to.

With reference to what offends me or not, firstly I am certainly not easily offended, secondly I have never wrung my hands in my life.

However, in direct response to your question any song which contains discriminatory language is actually banned for a good reason i.e. it is discriminatory

Scott Wilson clearly tells people before any home match that "homophobic" language should not be used, if you or anyone else uses the term 'gay' as an insult

then you are using discriminatory language and that offends me. Hope this is clear.

if you have been going to "that place" for many decades then I am most suprised that you find last nights behaviour was the worst ever. We used to take over 6000 on occasion and sometimes a good deal more. The percentage of Hearts supporters that are bigots must have increased many times over ify ou are correct in your opinion

Correct Sir and you have won a watch!

you've made a lot of sense on this thread. what do we all know deep down? is it the dislike for celtic that attracts the minhuns or something else connected to the wider hearts support?

Racism, raping, child abuse etc. have been going on for a lot longer than that, how the feck does the fact that it's been going on for 30 years make it any more acceptable now?

Why should I have to feel I can't go to Parkhead and watch Hearts because of a bunch of welts who want to go there with an altogether different agenda? As has already been said on here, while the result was important to every person there, I bet there were a few who thought noising up the Celtic support was equally important.

But then they must be better fans than those who don't go to away games, because they pay their own money to go and watch. Aye that'll be worth a lot to Hearts when we eventually get fined for singing sectarian songs.

where did i say it was acceptable? i never said you should feel you shouldnt go to parkehead my point is surely BY NOW you know if you go to parkhead you are going to hear this type of thing from your own fans.

also i have never said anybody was better fans than anybody else.

if you want to talk about what i said then fine but don`t make up your own version of what i said.

There's a few folk missing from this thread.

I'm sure they'll be along very shortly.

5a507eec42f984711ab4bc79e7d6.jpeg

What's D'artagnan's dad got to do with it?:rolleyes:

On topic,i wasn't at Parkhead last night so i feel commenting on things that were(or weren't)sung would be naive especially after reading threads from last night.

Another ridiculous post. Truly, utterly, ridiculous.

why? go on spell it out to me.

what is ridiculous to me is that anybody would go to parkhead and expect to hear anything different from our fans.

Archived