RIP wee Sinky

speedbump

broughies tach

just been to see him, the bad news first: As Speedbump says,he has cancer of the stomach that has spread to his spine.the pressure on his spine means he is confined to bed as he cant walk.He is currently getting fairly intensive radiotherapy pending a biopsy to determine how virilant the cancer is.The prognosis will be clearer then.

On a positive side , he is remarkably cheery and in good spirits. He wishes he was in the hospital at Little France he said,so he could get duty free !!! :lol:

I took him some Hearts T shirts and a goody bag of sweets,crisps,juice and buffalo Bills book.He also had yesterdays Sunday Sport sprawled over his bed!! :thumbsup

Sinky has no family,we are his Jambo family.The visiting is open from 2pm till 8pm,im sure he would appreciate any visits to pass the time as he is "bored oot his paps".Manyy only know him as Sinky, his real name is Sinclair Pentland .

\

Meadows you know you have a pal that could have given him a better book than that !!

Fingers crossed he is up and about spreading his special version of Hearts nonsense soon.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know Sinky personally. But all the best wee man.

You too Ogi.

Sad to hear about your dad, JM. Keep the chin up.

Lynn :ninja:

Pretty guteed at hearing this. Last time I saw him was in Stratties before the St J match and he seemed to be in high spirits as usual. Hope he pulls through as he would be horrible loss for Hearts. If ever there was an award for Hearts no1 fan it would be him.

I've travelled on the same bus as Sinky many times....

I remember playing Motherwell the day before Hogmanay and he started chanting "We've got fireworks... you've no... you've no"

He also sang "You're dead and you know you are" in the general direction of a graveyard once.

The boy lives to follow Hearts. Hope he pulls through.

During the weekend in Inverness it was mentioned that none of us had seen Sinky for a while.

Hope he gets well soon, always livens up an away trip!

Aye speedbump magaluf has never seen the likes since it was a bonkers trip and Sinky antics just made it for me!! I remember seeing him climbing a streetlight outside mano,s!! Dancing on a pole in that bananas and singing hearts songs in the middle of poco loco,s all in the space of about 50 mins!!!

Aye it was my 21st as well.

His classic moment for me was up at Dens Park a few seasons ago, opening game of the season. To paraphrase, he announced to the entire away support that he had engaged in sexual congress with a woman of African origin. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope he can recover from it. A true Heart of Midlothian man.

That happened in Magaluf :D

Some brilliant recollections on here...i'll throw in one of mine, On a Dickens bus to an away game it came over the radio that Giggs has scored for Man Utd. cue Sinky bursting into song..."Brian Giggs,Brian Giggs,running down the wing" comedy genius,if he meant it :whistling:

Keep fighting wee man, the club need more supporters with the passion that you have showen for Heart of Midlothian over the years.

Was on the Stratties bus to Stranrar and Sinky wat on top form that day, half pished before the bus got past Newbridge.

Meadows

tell him his ban from the West End is recinded .. hope we both live to regret it though!

might try to pop in on Sunday if not before.

Was just saying on the way to Inverness that I hadn't seen (or heard) him at games recently.

The word that is getting used most on this thread in "character" and he most certainly is that.

All the best wee man, hope to see you back at Tynecastle soon, although maybe not with the electric blue DM's !!

Sad sad news, Sinky is a Legend, and although some may not share all his opinions, his banter is second to none, and can get a laugh out of anyone. A great wee guy and such a laugh to be around.

Pull through wee man, Gorgie needs you, Tynie needs you, and the JT's need you.

Don't know the wee fella personally but certainly know who he is.......wish him all the best.

Thoughts also with Ogi and Mickey, certainly puts all our petty squables in perspective!

sad news about the wee man, Worked along side him in the Dell D/O for a few year.You could tell if hearts won or lost at the weekend as 5am monday morning Sinky would let all of the office know how good or bad his weekend went :teehee: ., also had the pleasure of his antics at a few away games.

Easily the proudest hearts fan I have met. If anyone can beat this evil shit it will be him, good luck Sinky

hope the wee man fights this know him very well going to pop in and see him

he has traveled on a few of the buses I've been on always pissed with a big smile on his face

if i took the kids to the games when i would see sinky I would tell them hes like the hearts mascot for the hearts fans get well soon we man

Horrible news. Dont personally know they guy but still a horrible thing to hear. Best of luck beating this horrible thing bud, wish you a speedy recovery.

Saw him at the Doc's just a few weeks back and he didn't look his usual self.

All the best to the wee guy. A right character indeed.

I mind him telling me how he knew he was a handsome man cause he looked like Maradona!

Best wishes to Ogi and condolences to Mickey...chin up guys. :thumbsup:

hope the wee man fights this know him very well going to pop in and see him

he has traveled on a few of the buses I've been on always pissed with a big smile on his face

if i took the kids to the games when i would see sinky I would tell them hes like the hearts mascot for the hearts fans get well soon we man

Funny you should say that... I pointed him out to my son last season saying that he his probably the biggest hearts fan alive :thumbsup: .... only for my son to say" but he is only a wee guy dad Im bigger than him" :lol::lol: kids :blink: .

so sorry to hear this got a call from a mate last night and the the first thing i could say to him is no sinky ive known sinky thru football since i was 16 and if any hearts fan can beat his passion for the club i will eat my pants all the best THE ........ GORGIE BOOT BOY ...........

Funny you should say that... I pointed him out to my son last season saying that he his probably the biggest hearts fan alive :thumbsup: .... only for my son to say" but he is only a wee guy dad Im bigger than him" :lol::lol: kids :blink: .

SO TRUE IF THERE WAS A MASCOT FOR HEARTS FANS HE IS IT im starting to bubble

I remember one time at a night game the old Brockville when he couldnt find his bus we gave him a lift home .. as we stopped at the lights at Balgreen he gave us a final song and a wave then promptly fell flat on his face in the gutter right next to the bus stop at the library - he never missed a beat and sang merrily away as the bus sped off !! he is a LEGEND

Guest jambomickey

sure it was the falkirk away game last season i saw him being ejected and he was just peshing himself laughing as the police and stewards ushered him out, great wee guy.

Just would like to echo most folks comments about Sinky. Great guy and has made me laugh so many times over the years.

Really hope he pulls through and is back at Tynie soon. :thumbsup:

Guest jambomickey

would like to thank everybody for there kind words, and it's also good to see many who have a go at me from time to time because of my opinions having kind words for me! always said no matter our opinions at end of the day we all hearts fans and i appreciate every kind word i've received from everybody.

I once watched him try to order a steak in a restaurant in Liege ( I think )

He was holding up a plate and telling the bemused waitress that it had to be " as big the plate, hanging over the sides " in fact. But before it came he fell out of his chair, wearing a wee plastic pretend Policemen's helmet and was asked to leave.

All the best - Sinky - stick in.

One of lifes real characters. Have known him since i was a 15 year old nipper travelling on Dickens Hearts, and have spent many an away day laughing at his antics ever since. He has that rare quality of being able to make you laugh uncontrollably, even at times when that is not his intention!

His songs were hilarious, as where his drunken antics.

All the best Sinky, the wee postie man.

fellow KB member been up to see him today, says hes looking fine but obviously not well.

Apparently goes back to the the Millwall trip/game he told his visitor when he felt unwell getting ready.

The guy visiting knows JJ and GL and is attempting to arrange a visit, unsure if anyone else is attempting something doesnt want to stand on toes.

Hope Sinky manages to beat this horrible disease

fellow KB member been up to see him today, says hes looking fine but obviously not well.

Apparently goes back to the the Millwall trip/game he told his visitor when he felt unwell getting ready.

The guy visiting knows JJ and GL and is attempting to arrange a visit, unsure if anyone else is attempting something doesnt want to stand on toes.

Hope Sinky manages to beat this horrible disease

I know a few folk are trying to organise stuff but tell your mate not to worry about putting anyones nose out of joint,its all about the wee man now!

I don't know the wee man but does he stay in Saughton Mains? Just from the description he sounds like a wee fella I used to see on the way to games and I've not seen for a bit. All the best to him anyway. Sounds like a legend.

Jesus.

All the best wee man.

Hope to hear your unmistakable voice at the match soon.

"Ah've goat ma ain bus eh" as he used to say to the boys in Crofters every week when he crashed the Friday night disco back in the day.

Everybody i know has a Sinky story. Including my Hibby mates.

Winston Ingram

Cheered up this afternoon by a visit from Gary Mackay amongst others. Has also been given a radio and headphones so he can keep up with the game tonight! Apparently he is in great spirits considering.

terrible news, hope the wee man beats that horrible news! my own dad just passed away last night so this is just more bad news. :down:

Sorry to hear that. Hope you're ok. :thumbsup:

I don't know Sinky personally but always sad to hear about anyone going through this kind of thing.

Chad Sexington

Cheered up this afternoon by a visit from Gary Mackay amongst others. Has also been given a radio and headphones so he can keep up with the game tonight! Apparently he is in great spirits considering.

Good to hear and well done Gary Mackay. :thumbsup:

Johanes de Silentio

terrible news, hope the wee man beats that horrible news! my own dad just passed away last night so this is just more bad news. :down:

Really sorry to hear that, Mickey - stick in, bud.

I started going to Tynie in 1970 with my Dad and two brothers, always standing on the terraces at the Gorgie road end. Sinky was going to the games way back then with his brother and his Gran who always wore a knitted maroon and white tammy. Great memories from back then and I if the wee man shows the same passion to beat this horribledisease as he shows in supporting his beloved JT's then he'll soon  be on the road to recovery.Get well soon wee man.

i remember being at a motherwell game at fir park and he came in 15 mins late after a few beverages motherwell scored within 5 mins and he got up and walked straight back out again!

Archived