RIP wee Sinky

speedbump

Just as I was about to post.... he gets a mention on open all mic's! :)

Keep fighting Sinky! Hopefully see you jumpin around again soon!

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Broomie Hearts

So many positive thoughts, cheers guys. I'm sure he'll be happy to hear he has so much support.

was it last season on that trip to sheepville,

the wee man spent the whole day hovering around they young burds on the bus :lol:

he was like their very own butler and he loved it.

till the driver caught him out whilst breaking and he shot up the aisle like a short arsed exocet :lol: :lol: :lol:

top man sinky go on sir. :thumbsup:

was it last season on that trip to sheepville,

the wee man spent the whole day hovering around they young burds on the bus :lol:

he was like their very own butler and he loved it.

till the driver caught him out whilst breaking and he shot up the aisle like a short arsed exocet :lol: :lol: :lol:

top man sinky go on sir. :thumbsup:

A very messy day, same again this season?

Hannibal Lecter

Know of the wee man, don't know him personally but best wishes to him and hope he can make a recovery. It's such a horrendous disease I would never wish on anybody.

Some of the stories about him on here actually had me laughing out loud.

Don't know him personally but I know of him. I loved his "Don't you wish your boyfriend was hot like me" solo on a bus from Easter Road to Gorgie after we knocked them out of the cup.

Fecking hilarious

Get well soon mate

He was singing that to me one night in Robbo's Excellent... get well soon pal...

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Terrible news.

He's a great wee guy - hope he pulls through.

We uaed to have a great laugh with him un Crofters when he came in after his Friday night shift.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Terrible news.

We uaed to have a great laugh with him un Crofters when he came in after his Friday night shift.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Terrible news.

i remember me and him through at darkheid where i got chucked out and he didnt even get in, we ended up going to the nearest offie to get some drink for the bus, sat on the bus watching the wee phannies screwing the car boots. that was the game we won 3 2 after going 2 0 down.

good luck wee man you can beat this.

Son Of Anarchy

If anyone can beat the big C, Its Sinky :thumbsup:

Never knew him well other than to say Hi to but first met him in the 70s with his gran who was a character aswell.Im sure he will be back in no time.

JM, really sorry mate,been there and know your pain dude.

thought i`d bump this up in case some haven`t seen it yet.

good thinking lad .. heard that Gary Mackay was in visiting briefly yesterday and he seemed quite chipper considering

Met Sinky a couple of times and he makes me laugh! Was told that when he goes on a supporters bus he only pays one way as usually detained for the return journey!

He is a gem. I hope that he can beat this.

good thinking lad .. heard that Gary Mackay was in visiting briefly yesterday and he seemed quite chipper considering

Yeh i saw him yesterday,just after he had some "treatment" Gary had been in and gave him a radio,he was really cheery,,full of the joys thats sinky,,,made me feel quite humble to be truthful,,C'MON SINKY IF ANYONE CAN BEAT THIS ITS YOU!!!!!

Guest GhostHunter

Sticky for a little while....

A bit like the back of the Dickens bus after Sinky and China were done missing the peebucket.

I pity the people in cars behind the bus....

Hope the treatment went well today mate.

Sticky for a little while....

Good one Dex. Good to see you thinking for a change..... :thumbsup:

Spoke to him on the phone a few weeks ago while he was complaining about pains in his legs, couldnae have imagined anything this sinister.

Wishing him a full recovery and would love to see him on the Robbos Loyal again v soon.

Gorgie needs you wee man.

Nicky :)

would be great if someone could get a print out of this thread to him, would give him a lift for sure!

Went to see him yesterday,printed off the first 138 posts so along wi the 6 books at his bedside he has plenty to read,pity open all mics was no good for the radio fergie took in! Seems himself just now but dont know how long it takes for the treatment to kick in,full o bruising in hands an arms,kick on thru it wee man.Mon the JT,s

Ogi fae Gorgie

Went into see him Tuesday and Wednesday, He'd had few visitors but missed seeing Gary McKay as he was away getting an examination. Gary now going in on Sunday I beleive. His treatment has not started yet its all tests and things so they can establish exactly the problem so the hospital can come up with a plan of what he needs. He's up for anything they want to through at him, good attitude. If I can say anything please visit him even for 5-10 minutes. I got out myself this afternoon after my chemo and was advised not to go visiting due to infection etc. Take him a paper in he seems to have a liking for the Daily sports papers. Next in could they apologise for me not saying cheerio and tell him why. Cheers.

Chad Sexington

Went into see him Tuesday and Wednesday, He'd had few visitors but missed seeing Gary McKay as he was away getting an examination. Gary now going in on Sunday I beleive. His treatment has not started yet its all tests and things so they can establish exactly the problem so the hospital can come up with a plan of what he needs. He's up for anything they want to through at him, good attitude. If I can say anything please visit him even for 5-10 minutes. I got out myself this afternoon after my chemo and was advised not to go visiting due to infection etc. Take him a paper in he seems to have a liking for the Daily sports papers. Next in could they apologise for me not saying cheerio and tell him why. Cheers.

Good luck with your own treatment, bud.

All the best with your own treatment mate :thumbsup:

nice one Ogi...have'nt met you ,but have met your son :thumbsup: I'm going in tomorrow ,about 2.30 ish..As Beats says,Best Wishes on your own battle.

Dont know him to speak to but I remember him from the Hearts Travel Club Bus that used to leave from Tynie. That was years ago, but he's the sort of guy you don't forget.

Hope he beats it

Just seen an update from Meadows on facebook.

Apparently, doctors are waiting on the results of his "autopsy" before they decide on the best course of treatment!

(Those were Sinky's words).

I'm sure Meadows will be on soon with more of an update!

Well done to him and everyone else whose been to visit! It's good to see his mates and brother Jambo's who don't even know him rallying round!

Just seen an update from Meadows on facebook.

Apparently, doctors are waiting on the results of his "autopsy" before they decide on the best course of treatment!

(Those were Sinky's words).

I'm sure Meadows will be on soon with more of an update!

Well done to him and everyone else whose been to visit! It's good to see his mates and brother Jambo's who don't even know him rallying round!

if ever a user name was inappropiate ! :whistling:

Sinky is honestly blown away with all the messages on here (he got to read them) He said they are all lies,he is quiet !! (add a few expletives)

His spirit is strong,his humour great and the staff are being driven crazy by him.As Colin mentioned,he has had his "autopsy" (biopsy)and is awaiting the result.His Radiotherapy is on hold pending result.He is still paralysed(waist down) for the time being,but if the cancer can be reduced on his spine,the physio will start to intensify immediately.

he is absolutely delighted with the cards he has recieved,from all over,but special thanks to the Kirkcaldy Hearts boys.His visitors are also greatly appreciated,as are all the sweets,juice,magazines etc.

He got a quiz book to read but is reading it from the last page backwards,i did ask why,and was told "cos that's where the answers are daftie"

If anyone can support him with a visit or a card,believe me it will be appreciated.

Sinclair Pentland

Ward 3

Western General Hospital

I`ve had (still do) tears of all sorts, as I`ve read on this about wee (in height only) Sinky, a bigger character none of the likes anyone other than the wee man himself, we will ever come across again at a Hearts game!!! my wee sis & bro,s 1st game @ hunville, aboot 20 or so years ago, we only had 2 tickets but the polis let my wee bro in thru a blind eye!! that is true btw, anyway gets to our seats & "barry theres 3 empty", then, just b4 1\2 time ...... in he comes reekin "where`s ma furking seat" says he, sussed it oot right away we had Sinkys` seat, got a grip o him & whispered in his ear and all was sorted!! dinnae ask me the score was too busy looking oot for the big wee man!! found about his health thru my bro who works with him . I ken it`s heavy but if we have to be his legs, then that we will, I do believe he`ll get through this. he taught me the words "god save John Robertson, he is our king". Sinky the king of the fans imho ! keep fighting Sinky, the cry is ns.

All the best with the treatment weeman - sure this won't get you down, thought I would share a photo of Sinky in fine form at Robbos.

sinky.jpg

All the best with the treatment weeman - sure this won't get you down, thought I would share a photo of Sinky in fine form at Robbos.

sinky.jpg

Has the lassie beside got a bottle of beer in her pocket? Or is she .............?

Has the lassie beside got a bottle of beer in her pocket? Or is she .............?

Thats his pal Ginty (janet)

Went to see him last night, not lost his patter thats for sure. We invited him to the Telford arms to which he replied 'Na, I'm a deformed character' lol.

Just noticed this thread, although I was already aware of his illness.

Shame for the wee guy, hope he pulls through. There aren't many fans who can justifiably be called club legends, but Sinky's one of them.

................a he? :unsure:

That's Ginty in the picture - sure it is..??

She's been going to see the JT's for years. Think she used to go on the Last Furlong bus when we were all nippers.

Guest juvehearts

i just noticed the sticky also.

I told one of his good old mates stevie boswell about it, he just lost his mum 2 weeks ago too, hoping to go up & see him on friday.

hang in there wee man

juve

Me and meadows are just back, the wee man should get his'autopsy results tomorrow he is delighted that so many folk are coming to see him so don't stop,also he is running out of books so any donations welcome

The Future's Maroon

Know Sinky pretty well from the Moat/Mill/Locarno...top bloke and doesnt deserve this (no-one does).

Certainly didnt see this coming as I was having a banter with him not too long ago.

I am certainly glad the rumours I heard at the weekend are untrue (that he has already had his results and only had weeks to go) -

Hopefully just to get one up on the horrible person to come out with that rubbish he can tell him in his own special way!!

All the best Sinky, the lads in The Mill are hoping you get back to signing away for no apparent reason!!

Know Sinky pretty well from the Moat/Mill/Locarno...top bloke and doesnt deserve this (no-one does).

Certainly didnt see this coming as I was having a banter with him not too long ago.

I am certainly glad the rumours I heard at the weekend are untrue (that he has already had his results and only had weeks to go) -

Hopefully just to get one up on the horrible person to come out with that rubbish he can tell him in his own special way!!

All the best Sinky, the lads in The Mill are hoping you get back to signing away for no apparent reason!!

Agree 100% . I think that a healthy,positive outlook are essential for taking on this ******* disease.Sinky is in all honesty on top of his game in that department.I am awaiting the results with a certain amount of trepidation,but confident sinky is ready for any battle ! :thumbsup:

Guest jambomickey

don't know the wee guy personally except to say hiya at games! what ward is he in at the western? i'd certainly pop my head in and say hiya.

A much loved and respected fan judging by the posts.

Such a terrible thing to happen. All the best to him.

Archived